Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Boy McCourt 20:36 - Aug 22 with 8968 viewsbarnsley1

Alright lads....

What's this lad like. Looks awesome based on 5 goals scored on youtube....but don't a lot of players!

How's this season going - always look out for your results now - is promotion on the cards? How's Done doing? Wiseman coming along amazingly for us - starting to look every bit a Champ centre back. O'Grady a beast..
The Boy McCourt on 20:42 - Aug 22 with 7901 viewssandylaner1

he's a wizard
The Boy McCourt on 20:59 - Aug 22 with 7862 viewsAtThePeake

One of the most skilful players you're ever likely to see, but loves a beer and has the fitness of a 50 year old.

Tangled up in blue.

The Boy McCourt on 21:02 - Aug 22 with 7853 viewsHopwoodblue

The closest thing you'll see to George Best! He's a natural player has all the skill in the world, but like George he can be frustrating!
[Post edited 22 Aug 2013 21:03]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

The Boy McCourt on 21:10 - Aug 22 with 7823 viewsBrierls

Without doubt one of the most skillful players I've ever seen. The natural ability he has to glide past players is an absolute joy to watch, and he'll have fans on the edge of their seats every time he has the ball at his feet. He can pass and score too!

The negative side is there have always been question marks over his fitness, he's never really held down a place in the starting XI wherever he's been (perhaps with the exception of Derry). The stories of his boozing are much exagerated, but there is certainly something that stops him being as fit as your standard footballer whether that be mental or physical.

There won't be a better impact sub in Championship. I'd be creaming myself over what he could do under the guidance of Flicker.
The Boy McCourt on 21:11 - Aug 22 with 7819 viewsdale10

great signing for you quality player
The Boy McCourt on 21:12 - Aug 22 with 7814 viewsR17ALE

The Boy McCourt on 21:02 - Aug 22 by Hopwoodblue

The closest thing you'll see to George Best! He's a natural player has all the skill in the world, but like George he can be frustrating!
[Post edited 22 Aug 2013 21:03]

I'd say that the only player I've seen with more natural ability than Cog here, is Paddy.

Totally different animals though.

We always used to say, "what would Hillcroft have got out of Paddy?"

I think Flicker was in the Dale team in which Paddy was blooded, but I might be wrong on my dates.

He's the sort of player, if doing well, can put (in your case) 1000's on the gate.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

The Boy McCourt on 21:34 - Aug 22 with 7768 viewsboromat

Unbelievable gifted! There was some talk of him having something wrong with him physically, his breathing or his lungs or something that meant he couldn't play 90 minute. Could be a load of rubbish though.

I'm intrigued to see how he gets on in the Championship and I'm sure a lot of other people will be. I think there have been a lot of managers in the past shown interest in Paddy from the prem and championship but none have been brave enough to take the chance.

I hope he finally makes the sort of impact he's capable of.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

The Boy McCourt on 21:50 - Aug 22 with 7737 viewsDaley_Lama

The Boy McCourt on 21:34 - Aug 22 by boromat

Unbelievable gifted! There was some talk of him having something wrong with him physically, his breathing or his lungs or something that meant he couldn't play 90 minute. Could be a load of rubbish though.

I'm intrigued to see how he gets on in the Championship and I'm sure a lot of other people will be. I think there have been a lot of managers in the past shown interest in Paddy from the prem and championship but none have been brave enough to take the chance.

I hope he finally makes the sort of impact he's capable of.

Most naturally gifted player I've seen in a Dale shirt.

Mind you, that was a decade ago and many pints have flowed under the bridge.

Probably played about 1/3rd of the games he should have done in his life due to his own demons and not quite making the grade at Celtic.

Hope you get the dazzler he can be not the Razzler he has been.

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

The Boy McCourt on 22:14 - Aug 22 with 7697 viewsSwissdale

Incredibly talented footballer.

A combination of poor management and lack of application (though he was a young lad in a different country) meant his career never fully materialised at Dale, to the dismay of pretty muh every fan of the club.

His career has been a strange one, having played at levels too high or too low for him since then. Had he progressed through the leagues organically, he would have had a fantastic career and no doubt have made it to the premiership (Will Buckley with more natural talent).

Won't keep the pace for 90 minutes each week in the championship, but I cannot think of a more exciting player to bring off the bench. Will run at players every time he gets the ball, and cause major problems for tired defenders.

Hoping he doesn't quite make the grade for you and comes on loan to us in January (we can but dream).
The Boy McCourt on 22:24 - Aug 22 with 7665 viewsmidlandsdale

Celtic fans loved him, hey even chanted 'you'll never sell paddy McCourt on several occasions despite him never being a regular
[Post edited 22 Aug 2013 22:24]
The Boy McCourt on 22:34 - Aug 22 with 7644 viewsDale92

Flicker saved his career and probably his life when they were both here. McCourt had his head turned like Townson by McEvilly and Patterson(other N.Irish international at the time) and McCourt got in serious gambling and drinking problems and Flicker took him into his own home and locked him in the house till he was clean again and since then McCourt and Flicker have always been close. So the move doesn't surprise me, could be one of the players in the world in a perfect world. The man oozes quality but has always been unlucky ( he's apparently also got small lungs, so that's one of the reasons he can't really hack 90mins). I remember being told that he couldn't even afford a pair of boots when he came here and Parkin? brought some. He was criminally mismanaged in his time here and will be fantastic for you lot in the time he actually spends on the pitch.

This is the One, I've waited for

The Boy McCourt on 22:34 - Aug 22 with 7644 viewsdilligas

A fit McCourt would be a class apart, he's a wonderful player but I always fear that his true potential has never been met for whatever reason
The Boy McCourt on 23:02 - Aug 22 with 7567 viewsD_Alien

Football folk talk about player combos like "Toshack & Keegan" or "Sutton & Shearer" - but Barnsley fans can consider themselves privileged to get the chance to see a "COG & McCourt" partnership that has the potential to become legendary - if they can spend enough time on the pitch together.

It doesn't bear thinking about what they could do to championship defences if they gel.

It's been mentioned about putting 1000's on your gate. Believe me, a fit Paddy McCourt will do just that. There'll be Celtic fans making the trip. And some Daleys too.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The Boy McCourt on 23:55 - Aug 22 with 7392 viewsoff2div1

who do they play Sat home or away
The Boy McCourt on 01:14 - Aug 23 with 7327 viewsDale_Pea

Mesmerising.

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

The Boy McCourt on 06:45 - Aug 23 with 7254 viewsfitzochris

Scott Hogan but less fit

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

The Boy McCourt on 07:18 - Aug 23 with 7233 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Rochdale's Georgi Kinkladze or Georgi Kinkladze is Man City's Paddy Mcourt - either way you know what I mean. Plays football like he's still in the play-ground.

Should have ruled the world but never did.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2013 7:19]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

The Boy McCourt on 08:58 - Aug 23 with 7063 viewsjudd

You BASTARDS.

Poll: What is it to be then?

The Boy McCourt on 12:28 - Aug 23 with 6840 viewsdownunder

The Boy McCourt on 08:58 - Aug 23 by judd

You BASTARDS.

No.

You lucky,lucky BASTARDS.
The Boy McCourt on 12:55 - Aug 23 with 6768 viewsSaxonDale

Absolutely incredible footballer. When you consider we've seen players such as Holt,Lambert, Le Fondre, COG, Buckley, Murray etc at this club on his day Paddy was just as good as anything we've seen attacking wise at this club. He plays football the way supporters wish they would have played had they been a footballer. I can guarentee that when he's on form there won't be a player in the league who you'd rather see with the ball at his feet because as a dribbler there's very very few better than him in any English team.

You'll probably think we're exaggerating the ability he has, but we're really not. Footballing Genius. I think the Celtic fans agreed too.

The Boy McCourt on 13:32 - Aug 23 with 6705 viewsjudd

Erm, no.

They're just BASTARDS.

Poll: What is it to be then?

The Boy McCourt on 21:54 - Aug 24 with 6272 viewsThacks_Rabbits

The Boy McCourt on 22:34 - Aug 22 by Dale92

Flicker saved his career and probably his life when they were both here. McCourt had his head turned like Townson by McEvilly and Patterson(other N.Irish international at the time) and McCourt got in serious gambling and drinking problems and Flicker took him into his own home and locked him in the house till he was clean again and since then McCourt and Flicker have always been close. So the move doesn't surprise me, could be one of the players in the world in a perfect world. The man oozes quality but has always been unlucky ( he's apparently also got small lungs, so that's one of the reasons he can't really hack 90mins). I remember being told that he couldn't even afford a pair of boots when he came here and Parkin? brought some. He was criminally mismanaged in his time here and will be fantastic for you lot in the time he actually spends on the pitch.

Think you will find it was more Scott W that led Paddy astray - Remember chatting to him in Chocolate a fair few times and on more than one occasion he was stopped from going home by Scott who was either more drunk than I have ever seen anyone or was off his tits - In fairness Paddy was ok and was always a nice lad who I never saw wasted in all the time at Dale!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

The Boy McCourt on 22:23 - Aug 24 with 6224 viewsroccydaleian

The Boy McCourt on 21:54 - Aug 24 by Thacks_Rabbits

Think you will find it was more Scott W that led Paddy astray - Remember chatting to him in Chocolate a fair few times and on more than one occasion he was stopped from going home by Scott who was either more drunk than I have ever seen anyone or was off his tits - In fairness Paddy was ok and was always a nice lad who I never saw wasted in all the time at Dale!

Also think Michael Oliver, had some bearing on this, they were good mates.
The Boy McCourt on 22:26 - Aug 24 with 6218 views442Dale

Barnsley fans starting to bang the Hasselldrum again.

They had Wiseman and Kennedy as centre halves in a back four after the sending off today.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Boy McCourt on 20:23 - Aug 25 with 5981 viewsThacks_Rabbits

When he was not in Bookies borrowing a tenner off people on 1/8 of his money :)

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024