Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joey T is back 13:05 - Mar 1 with 8135 viewsleedsdale

well, that might take the heat off Tutte for a while
Joey T is back on 16:56 - Mar 1 with 1644 viewsD_Alien

Joey T is back on 16:55 - Mar 1 by olympicdale

I hope he owns a flymo.

Judging by his haircut, I'd say yes

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Joey T is back on 17:02 - Mar 1 with 1605 viewsoff2div1

I would absoluttly love it if he scored on his return.Will upset 1 grumpy old git in Sandy(you know who you are)I will have to put up with moaning comments all the time he,s on the pitch.Joey gets more stick than Benetez!
Joey T is back on 17:03 - Mar 1 with 1599 viewsolympicdale

Joey T is back on 16:56 - Mar 1 by D_Alien

Judging by his haircut, I'd say yes

I'm sure the commercial department will be stocked in joey T wigs soon enough.

Life is a game of fate.

Joey T is back on 17:07 - Mar 1 with 1597 viewsIcelandDale

Joey T is back on 14:24 - Mar 1 by sweetcorn

What about them?

The fact you like to take one deep?

Just what did happen to you?
Joey T is back on 17:19 - Mar 1 with 1575 viewsphomem

This was the most obvious return going, he'll be playing for his future can't see him getting a new deal at rovers
Joey T is back on 17:22 - Mar 1 with 1569 viewssweetcorn

Joey T is back on 16:54 - Mar 1 by D_Alien

Heads in super slomo but only dribbles in slomo

Can't wait to see him running and dribbling..

Back towards our goal.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Joey T is back on 17:26 - Mar 1 with 1558 views442Dale

Thompson never progressed as a player. He either manages to now or he goes back to Tranmere and doesn't feature (if he signed a two year deal). That they let him come on loan until the end of the season illustrates how far down the pecking order he's fallen in quick order, he was a regular squad member during Tranmere's great start yet they're prepared to do without him in their playoff push.

Hope he can progress, he has to for his own career's sake.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Joey T is back on 17:28 - Mar 1 with 1548 viewsolympicdale

Joey T is back on 17:22 - Mar 1 by sweetcorn

Can't wait to see him running and dribbling..

Back towards our goal.

you don't sit in the TDS on match days do you per chance, there is one man near me who absolutely despised everything Joey T did last time around. I remember one famous line of "Joey get off you useless numpty" and he was on the bench at the time.

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

Joey T is back on 17:44 - Mar 1 with 1516 viewsChaffRAFC

Joey T is back on 17:26 - Mar 1 by 442Dale

Thompson never progressed as a player. He either manages to now or he goes back to Tranmere and doesn't feature (if he signed a two year deal). That they let him come on loan until the end of the season illustrates how far down the pecking order he's fallen in quick order, he was a regular squad member during Tranmere's great start yet they're prepared to do without him in their playoff push.

Hope he can progress, he has to for his own career's sake.

YES! Well said!

I tend to think that a loan player should always add quality to a squad and should really be a player you're going to rely on to improve your fortunes, the evidence to suggest that Joey T will do that is very underwhelming.

I do not rate the lad, he never made a starting position his own in the years he was at Rochdale and has failed to do so at Tranmere Rovers this season which is a worrying sign that he's not improved much. My own view is that we've signed an attacking player who isn't the quickest, can't cross and can't beat a man and has to play backwards all the time. His best attributes are his ability in the air and his movement off the ball as he tends to find himself in the right place at the right time quite often. He's a winger who can't do a winger's job and an attacker who's too weak to actually have a presence.

All this said, he, like everyone else who joins us, deserves a fresh chance to show what he can do. I sincerely hope I'm proven wrong and that he comes back with an attitude to push this side onwards and upwards. It all remains to be seen.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Joey T is back on 17:51 - Mar 1 with 1494 viewsolympicdale

Joey T is back on 17:44 - Mar 1 by ChaffRAFC

YES! Well said!

I tend to think that a loan player should always add quality to a squad and should really be a player you're going to rely on to improve your fortunes, the evidence to suggest that Joey T will do that is very underwhelming.

I do not rate the lad, he never made a starting position his own in the years he was at Rochdale and has failed to do so at Tranmere Rovers this season which is a worrying sign that he's not improved much. My own view is that we've signed an attacking player who isn't the quickest, can't cross and can't beat a man and has to play backwards all the time. His best attributes are his ability in the air and his movement off the ball as he tends to find himself in the right place at the right time quite often. He's a winger who can't do a winger's job and an attacker who's too weak to actually have a presence.

All this said, he, like everyone else who joins us, deserves a fresh chance to show what he can do. I sincerely hope I'm proven wrong and that he comes back with an attitude to push this side onwards and upwards. It all remains to be seen.

Whilst loan signings do generally mean you can sign players of a higher standard who will improve your squad, Hill has chosen to sign someone he knows well, someone who he feels he can trust, something Coleman did all the time, I would trust Hills judgement over Coley any day.

I think JT deserves a second chance, and agreed he isnt the most gifted, but he will give his all for the Dale cause, not much will really be expected of him, so if he can contribute to a goal or two, its a good bit of business, and not breaking the bank in the process.

Life is a game of fate.

Joey T is back on 17:54 - Mar 1 with 1494 viewsRalphs12

Joey T is back on 17:51 - Mar 1 by olympicdale

Whilst loan signings do generally mean you can sign players of a higher standard who will improve your squad, Hill has chosen to sign someone he knows well, someone who he feels he can trust, something Coleman did all the time, I would trust Hills judgement over Coley any day.

I think JT deserves a second chance, and agreed he isnt the most gifted, but he will give his all for the Dale cause, not much will really be expected of him, so if he can contribute to a goal or two, its a good bit of business, and not breaking the bank in the process.

Again its abit like the Coleman signing players he knows/trusts. I'd take JT and Haworth over no wingers. Neither are world beaters, but they wont be on the biggest wages and Hill has worked with both before.
Joey T is back on 18:04 - Mar 1 with 1478 viewschuckleberry

Joey will be on the bench tomorrow. Hilly greeted him with and I quote" I hope you're bringing your man balls with you you're going to need them". Joey expecting some stick but looking forward to playing regularly.
Joey T is back on 18:09 - Mar 1 with 1467 viewssweetcorn

Joey T is back on 17:28 - Mar 1 by olympicdale

you don't sit in the TDS on match days do you per chance, there is one man near me who absolutely despised everything Joey T did last time around. I remember one famous line of "Joey get off you useless numpty" and he was on the bench at the time.

No.

Most is said in jest to be honest, it was a running joke with a group of my close friends which happened to include joeys younger brother. Although i don't particulary rate him, he's not nearly as bad as i'm making out.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Joey T is back on 18:13 - Mar 1 with 1454 viewsolympicdale

Joey T is back on 18:09 - Mar 1 by sweetcorn

No.

Most is said in jest to be honest, it was a running joke with a group of my close friends which happened to include joeys younger brother. Although i don't particulary rate him, he's not nearly as bad as i'm making out.

I think its the case that most fans didn't really know what his role in the team was, and what his best position was, a winger, central midfield, attacking midfield or striker. I dont know where he's been playing, when he does start, for Tranny, and I think their fans on the messageboard often said the same, that they didn't know.

Life is a game of fate.

Joey T is back on 18:27 - Mar 1 with 1430 viewsChaffRAFC

Joey T is back on 18:13 - Mar 1 by olympicdale

I think its the case that most fans didn't really know what his role in the team was, and what his best position was, a winger, central midfield, attacking midfield or striker. I dont know where he's been playing, when he does start, for Tranny, and I think their fans on the messageboard often said the same, that they didn't know.

I don't think the lad himself knows which may be why he's not done as well as he was expected to.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Joey T is back on 18:55 - Mar 1 with 1401 viewsShun

Really pleased with this. A player who knows and loves the club and the manager. He's sure to give his all and, even though that may not be enough for some, I hope he gets a great reception tomorrow and tomorrow week.
Joey T is back on 18:58 - Mar 1 with 1399 viewsShun

Joey T is back on 13:41 - Mar 1 by Daley_Lama

Welcome back Joey T!

Knockers already on show, you can tell it's the first day of spring.

No doubt he will be booed when he mis-places one pass or doesn't get sent off for shying away from a 30/70 tackle.

I can hear the TDS grumblers already.

It's still Winter!
Joey T is back on 19:22 - Mar 1 with 1353 viewsArthurDaley

Joey T is back on 13:42 - Mar 1 by Dale92

This board baffles me sometimes one bad performance and the world is going to end. You all screamed for width for about 6 months and you all praised the signing of that useless s#it Haworth. But when JT returns, he gets dogs abuse already. The boy hasn't kicked a ball again for us yet. It obvious Hill rates him and always has (unlike Haworth), then that's good enough for me. You all have to remember we are a BOTTOM HALF LEAGUE 2 side at the moment and with a team that has lacked discipline since Hill left. Now Hill has returned he's went back for an old boy he trusts. We all know he isn't going to set the world alight but he brings other things to the table, on and off the pitch and natural width and another striking option.So all stop complaining and let give the lad a chance. He may not be the long term solution but bar Henderson he's are best wide option. Remember you all wanted Rundle back and he's scrapping around the non league.

A large VAT Dave

Joey T is back on 19:54 - Mar 1 with 1323 viewsTalkingSutty

Joey T is back on 19:22 - Mar 1 by ArthurDaley

I have a feeling that some of us think we have progressed since Joey T exited the club, WRONG. I have never been JT biggest fan because he frustarates me to death. He does possess the qualities to be a cracking player because we have all witnessed them but he doesnt do it on a regular basis. My main gripe with him is how he disappears after recieving a good hard challenge, to put it in a nutshell i have always questioned his bottle which as a wide player you need.

Anyway he is no longer a kid and since flying the nest and moving out of his comfort zone i am hoping he has matured and will come back a more confident and combatative player.

I wasnt bothered when he left us but having witnessed some of the dross we have had at the club since, bringing Joey back to the club seems like a good move. Does that show how much we have regressed as a club in that time ?

Anyway lets cut him some slack and give him our support. I think i am happy that we have resigned him and lets remember he often looked poor in what was a very good team!!
Joey T is back on 20:29 - Mar 1 with 1275 viewsBingoballs

Joey T is back on 13:42 - Mar 1 by Dale92

This board baffles me sometimes one bad performance and the world is going to end. You all screamed for width for about 6 months and you all praised the signing of that useless s#it Haworth. But when JT returns, he gets dogs abuse already. The boy hasn't kicked a ball again for us yet. It obvious Hill rates him and always has (unlike Haworth), then that's good enough for me. You all have to remember we are a BOTTOM HALF LEAGUE 2 side at the moment and with a team that has lacked discipline since Hill left. Now Hill has returned he's went back for an old boy he trusts. We all know he isn't going to set the world alight but he brings other things to the table, on and off the pitch and natural width and another striking option.So all stop complaining and let give the lad a chance. He may not be the long term solution but bar Henderson he's are best wide option. Remember you all wanted Rundle back and he's scrapping around the non league.

Couldn't agree more.
Joey T is back on 20:31 - Mar 1 with 1269 viewsboromat

chuffed to have Joey T back. gives us width, we know what to expect and he's Dale through and through. He will do exactly what Hill asks of him.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Joey T is back on 14:27 - Mar 2 with 1140 viewsSaxonDale

Joey T is back on 16:20 - Mar 1 by SalwaDale

This board really is unbelievable sometimes.

Welcome back Joe.

Well said.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024