Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another Cavanagh Thread 18:59 - Dec 29 with 2154 viewsGhanaDale

Man of the match for me, him and Kennedy absolutely bossed the midfield today and kept their heads with short simple passes that freed the game up for Tutte and Grimes.

He must have won 95% of his tackles and put their players on their arses in the process, a massive improvement from the start of the season!

www.facebook.com/projectaura

Another Cavanagh Thread on 19:03 - Dec 29 with 2115 viewsNotEyreClue

Cavanagh was excellent today, definitely my MOM

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Another Cavanagh Thread on 19:07 - Dec 29 with 2088 viewsrochdale1987

Agree, a fully committed and professional performance from him today!
Another Cavanagh Thread on 19:13 - Dec 29 with 2032 viewsMoonyDale

Another Cavanagh Thread on 19:07 - Dec 29 by rochdale1987

Agree, a fully committed and professional performance from him today!

Didn't go to Burton so can't comment on his performance. But today and last Friday he has put in two superb performances, seems like the lad is finding his place in the side now and is relishing the challenge.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Another Cavanagh Thread on 19:14 - Dec 29 with 2024 viewssweetcorn

Quality performance again today. So so strong in the tackle, dropped in to cover defenders and offered that protective shield. More of the same cav lad.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Another Cavanagh Thread on 19:28 - Dec 29 with 1979 viewsAtThePeake

Another Cavanagh Thread on 19:13 - Dec 29 by MoonyDale

Didn't go to Burton so can't comment on his performance. But today and last Friday he has put in two superb performances, seems like the lad is finding his place in the side now and is relishing the challenge.

Was my MOTM at Burton too.

Great spell Cav, keep it going skip.

Tangled up in blue.

Another Cavanagh Thread on 20:42 - Dec 29 with 1870 viewsColDale

Cav was motm today without doubt. Probably his most important game for the club too. Had we been overrun to a midfield containing Gary Jones, he'd have been slaughtered. He was everywhere. Well done Cav.
Another Cavanagh Thread on 21:35 - Dec 29 with 1811 viewsroccydaleian

Another Cavanagh Thread on 19:14 - Dec 29 by sweetcorn

Quality performance again today. So so strong in the tackle, dropped in to cover defenders and offered that protective shield. More of the same cav lad.

Agreed. Cav was excellent today. Also a bit of quality Dale fans singing about you today
Sweetie boy.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Another Cavanagh Thread on 21:52 - Dec 29 with 1761 viewsNotEyreClue

Another Cavanagh Thread on 21:35 - Dec 29 by roccydaleian

Agreed. Cav was excellent today. Also a bit of quality Dale fans singing about you today
Sweetie boy.

Oh he knows...he was jizzing himself at half time the poor lad

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Login to get fewer ads

Another Cavanagh Thread on 22:05 - Dec 29 with 1734 viewslove_the_dale

Totally agree.

It is hard to understand why a couple of people have a down on Cav.

When we are in possession, he is constantly on the move and making himself available.

He has fine peripheral vision and always plays the best pass available.

When the opposition have the ball, he makes good well-timed tackles and interceptions and very rarely gives a free kick away.

The number of mistakes he makes in a game can be counted on the fingers of one hand (today, I counted ONE).

Much though I loved Jonah, this guy is better, not just in his play, but also in his captaincy. Jonah led solely by example; this man gives example AND is always organising and cajoling as well.
Another Cavanagh Thread on 22:06 - Dec 29 with 1726 viewsD_Alien

Another Cavanagh Thread on 22:05 - Dec 29 by love_the_dale

Totally agree.

When we are in possession, he is constantly on the move and making himself available.

When the opposition have the ball, he makes good well-timed tackles and interceptions and very rarely gives a free kick away.

The number of mistakes he makes in a game can be counted on the fingers of one hand (today, I counted ONE).

Much though I loved Jonah, this guy is better, not just in his play, but also in his captaincy. Jonah led solely by example; this man gives example AND is always organising and cajoling as well.

Oh purrrlease...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Another Cavanagh Thread on 22:10 - Dec 29 with 1707 views442Dale

Another Cavanagh Thread on 22:05 - Dec 29 by love_the_dale

Totally agree.

Jones and Cavanagh play/played totally different roles. But yes, Jones was never a tactical captain....not that I'm sure Cavanagh is either, though he is more of a carrot skipper than a stick one like Jones.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Another Cavanagh Thread on 22:37 - Dec 29 with 1668 viewslove_the_dale

Another Cavanagh Thread on 22:06 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

Oh purrrlease...

What are you trying to say? I'm sure you are a Dale supporter, but why do you always have to be so negative.

An example from you after we lost to Burton at home - "If we lose at AFC Wimbledon next week, god knows what the gate will be for the hugely attractive fixture against Dagenham and Redbridge. I'll start the ball rolling with 1600, which won't include me. And there's the game at Rotherham in between. Both games eminently losable."

We beat Wimbledon 2 - 1, we beat Rotherham 3 - 2, and the gate vs D and R was 2120. A pity you couldn't make it 2121 :)
Another Cavanagh Thread on 00:09 - Dec 30 with 1602 viewsD_Alien

Another Cavanagh Thread on 22:37 - Dec 29 by love_the_dale

What are you trying to say? I'm sure you are a Dale supporter, but why do you always have to be so negative.

An example from you after we lost to Burton at home - "If we lose at AFC Wimbledon next week, god knows what the gate will be for the hugely attractive fixture against Dagenham and Redbridge. I'll start the ball rolling with 1600, which won't include me. And there's the game at Rotherham in between. Both games eminently losable."

We beat Wimbledon 2 - 1, we beat Rotherham 3 - 2, and the gate vs D and R was 2120. A pity you couldn't make it 2121 :)

What I'm saying (not trying to say) is that your comparison of Cavanagh with Jonah is laughable, as is your attempt to save face by digging out a quote from... oh, just how long did that take you?

As for negativity - lets just say that 95% of my posts about the Dale over the course of 4400+ have been positive, so I doubt your selectivity will get you anywhere. You simply wouldn't understand what real positivity means.

Another Cavanagh Thread on 00:32 - Dec 30 with 1554 viewsgizmo

Another Cavanagh Thread on 00:09 - Dec 30 by D_Alien

What I'm saying (not trying to say) is that your comparison of Cavanagh with Jonah is laughable, as is your attempt to save face by digging out a quote from... oh, just how long did that take you?

As for negativity - lets just say that 95% of my posts about the Dale over the course of 4400+ have been positive, so I doubt your selectivity will get you anywhere. You simply wouldn't understand what real positivity means.

best form of defence is attack eh alien, just for a change.

People ARE allowed to question SOME of your posts you know pal.

Don't miss the donut by looking through the hole.

Another Cavanagh Thread on 01:10 - Dec 30 with 1535 viewslove_the_dale

Another Cavanagh Thread on 00:09 - Dec 30 by D_Alien

Apologies, but I find it difficult to put thoughts to 'paper', and I should not have lost my rag when I got a two word and non-constructive reply, viz "Oh purrrlease...", to a post that took a lot of time to write and was 'from the heart'.

I have to say, though, that the word "laughable" re my comparison of Cav v Jonah does not exactly go into detail.

Re the 95%, that's great to hear. I do think you do me a disservice, however, in saying that I can't recognise positive from negative comments.
Another Cavanagh Thread on 09:09 - Dec 30 with 1456 viewspnc4eva1

Spoke to some Bradford fans on the way back to my car. They all said that Cav ran the midfield and was the M.O.M.

He is playing the same football he has all season, win ball short passes and keep it simple.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Another Cavanagh Thread on 12:28 - Dec 30 with 1371 viewsD_Alien

Another Cavanagh Thread on 01:10 - Dec 30 by love_the_dale

Apologies, but I find it difficult to put thoughts to 'paper', and I should not have lost my rag when I got a two word and non-constructive reply, viz "Oh purrrlease...", to a post that took a lot of time to write and was 'from the heart'.

I have to say, though, that the word "laughable" re my comparison of Cav v Jonah does not exactly go into detail.

Re the 95%, that's great to hear. I do think you do me a disservice, however, in saying that I can't recognise positive from negative comments.

Your post re Cavanagh/Jonah was obviously well-intended, but at that time of the evening and having posted serial positivity since mid-afternoon I simply didn't have the time for a more detailed response. It wasn't especially negative btw, simply incredulous!

If Cav is able to prove his many doubters wrong - and I'm prepared to take Coleman's judgement that he is - then that's just great, for the team and for the fans. But he'd have to do that consistently for the next decade to get anywhere near filling the boots of Jonah. I disagree on your point about how they encourage the best out of others. IMO Cavanagh's poor form up till very recently has resulted in players like Tutte and JK becoming disheartened, as they saw him being handed the captaincy over their heads and then putting the team in the mire with poor passing, badly-timed tackles and being badly positioned.

But lets give Cav the credit for turning things around, and giving the rest of the team a boost. That's all that we ask from the lads who pull on the Dale shirt, that they play to their potential, and if they're good 'uns then so much the better! I've seen enough utter dross down the years to no longer be able to stomach it now, and therein might lie the difference between you and me? In fact, there's probably very little difference between us in that we both want the very best for the club.

I sincerely hope you enjoy the rest of the season, and have good reason to!

Another Cavanagh Thread on 12:33 - Dec 30 with 1360 viewsD_Alien

Another Cavanagh Thread on 00:32 - Dec 30 by gizmo

best form of defence is attack eh alien, just for a change.

People ARE allowed to question SOME of your posts you know pal.

As for you, you can do one.

95% of your posts ARE negative, almost exclusively whinging about the individual who's posted something you don't like (just see your latest one about me). Very rarely do we get a contribution about football or any other topic.

Another Cavanagh Thread on 12:42 - Dec 30 with 1345 viewsTalkingSutty

Another Cavanagh Thread on 12:28 - Dec 30 by D_Alien

Your post re Cavanagh/Jonah was obviously well-intended, but at that time of the evening and having posted serial positivity since mid-afternoon I simply didn't have the time for a more detailed response. It wasn't especially negative btw, simply incredulous!

If Cav is able to prove his many doubters wrong - and I'm prepared to take Coleman's judgement that he is - then that's just great, for the team and for the fans. But he'd have to do that consistently for the next decade to get anywhere near filling the boots of Jonah. I disagree on your point about how they encourage the best out of others. IMO Cavanagh's poor form up till very recently has resulted in players like Tutte and JK becoming disheartened, as they saw him being handed the captaincy over their heads and then putting the team in the mire with poor passing, badly-timed tackles and being badly positioned.

But lets give Cav the credit for turning things around, and giving the rest of the team a boost. That's all that we ask from the lads who pull on the Dale shirt, that they play to their potential, and if they're good 'uns then so much the better! I've seen enough utter dross down the years to no longer be able to stomach it now, and therein might lie the difference between you and me? In fact, there's probably very little difference between us in that we both want the very best for the club.

I sincerely hope you enjoy the rest of the season, and have good reason to!

Good post. Jones was immense for this club and on numerous occasions carried the team, in fact there was a stage when without Jones we couldnt win a match. He will always be a legend at the club and that cant be disputed.

I dont mind Cavanagh and even during his poor spell he still put the effort in, which is more than can be said for some of the players over the last season and a half.

I see Cav as a poor mans Gary Jones but without Jonahs goalscoring prowess, thats not being disrespectful to Cav because anybody with a ounce of footballing knowledge can see that Jonah was a far better player.

Like i say, i think Cav is worthy of a place in the team and he does the battling side of the game very well, i would describe him as a "water carrier".
Another Cavanagh Thread on 12:55 - Dec 30 with 1323 viewsisitme

I don't understand the Jones and Cav comparisons as they are totally different players. Jones is/was a box to box player with Cav being a defensive midfielder. He does not have Jones' goal threat but then Jones doesn't have the defensive attributes that Cav does.

For me any comparison should be between Jones and Kennedy as they perfom the same role in their respective teams.
Another Cavanagh Thread on 13:09 - Dec 30 with 1295 viewsTalkingSutty

Another Cavanagh Thread on 12:55 - Dec 30 by isitme

I don't understand the Jones and Cav comparisons as they are totally different players. Jones is/was a box to box player with Cav being a defensive midfielder. He does not have Jones' goal threat but then Jones doesn't have the defensive attributes that Cav does.

For me any comparison should be between Jones and Kennedy as they perfom the same role in their respective teams.

I think we should move on from making any comparisons with Jones because its all history now. Its time to support our current crop of players and trying to make comparisons with our team when Hill was in charge isnt fair on the current players or management.

Its time to enter 2013 and look forward to the future and leave the Hillcroft regime behind.
Another Cavanagh Thread on 14:41 - Dec 30 with 1220 viewssandylaner1

Another Cavanagh Thread on 13:09 - Dec 30 by TalkingSutty

I think we should move on from making any comparisons with Jones because its all history now. Its time to support our current crop of players and trying to make comparisons with our team when Hill was in charge isnt fair on the current players or management.

Its time to enter 2013 and look forward to the future and leave the Hillcroft regime behind.

cav was superb yesterday

his shielding of the defence, strong tackling and short simple passes were key to the team performance
Another Cavanagh Thread on 14:59 - Dec 30 with 1192 viewsSalwaDale

Another Cavanagh Thread on 14:41 - Dec 30 by sandylaner1

cav was superb yesterday

his shielding of the defence, strong tackling and short simple passes were key to the team performance

When he plays that position I quite like him. His problems seem to have been when he seems to be playing a little more advanced.

I mean no disrepect to Cavanagh with this comment but his job should always be to make tackles and then to give it simply to someone better than him.

TBBT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024