Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts on tonight 22:26 - Oct 2 with 2427 viewsMoonyDale

They started off on the front foot and came at us from the off, the best footballing side to visit us although it is early in the season....Some nice passing football was played by Bradford but for all their good approach play they were toothless in the finishing department, everything they got on target all night went straight to Lillis who was the busier of the keepers even before the sending off of Grant, he let his team down badly tonight after he didn't get the foul he thought he deserved he lunged in with studs showing and nobody can say he didn't deserve the red card, so early in the game we were always going to be up against it after that and we defended the rest of that half and all of the second half as good as I have ever seen a ten man team defend....Substitutions were being called for but in the end we got it about right in that dept, Adebola was our only real outlet for the ball and even though he tired and Donnelly almost had a chance to nick it in the closing minutes but the ball just wouldn't sit down for him...The lad can't buy a goal at the minute but he gives his all every game. On another night we might have lost heavily but good defending and woeful finishing kept it scoreless, a point well earned in the end and I left the ground pleased enough...Not sure how the Bradford fans will be feeling after that, gutted that Jonah never made it with a pulled back I heard from a few of the Bradford fans before the game, bring on Accy on Saturday and a return to our good away form..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Thoughts on tonight on 22:40 - Oct 2 with 2331 viewsFondles

I see that the full stop proabition is still in force
Looks like tazzys school of puntuation
Thoughts on tonight on 22:46 - Oct 2 with 2287 viewsboffley

Thoughts on tonight on 22:40 - Oct 2 by Fondles

I see that the full stop proabition is still in force
Looks like tazzys school of puntuation

As well as his school of spelling. Prohibition!
Thoughts on tonight on 22:48 - Oct 2 with 2273 viewsmaybee

Bradford will be annoyed not to have won the game at a canter. By some distance the best Bradford performance I've seen since they dropped into L2.

Grant should be apologising to his team mates and to the fans (the few of us who bothered to turn up) for effectively ruining our chances of winning the game.

Coleman too needs to stop being so damned aggressive towards opposition Management...he could easily have been sent to the stands for a very silly encroachment into the Bradford dugout.

However... it was a point gained tonight, and probably our best defensive performance for ages, so we must focus on the positives. The back four coped well with Bradfords attackers whilst Lillis had his best game of the season for me.

Tutte ran his socks off once more, but JK looks a shadow of the player he was last year, and I can't quite understand why. Adebola was knackered again for the last 30 minutes, but is our only physical presence, so can understand him being kept on. I'd have liked to see Putterill given more time to run at McArdle, who wasn't tested all night, and looked much more composed than ever he did playing right back for us.

Overall... we will be much the happier team with the result on the night.
Thoughts on tonight on 22:51 - Oct 2 with 2247 viewsMoonyDale

Thoughts on tonight on 22:46 - Oct 2 by boffley

As well as his school of spelling. Prohibition!

Also I am sure it should be Tazzy..................That enough full stops for you Fondles ? Being lectured on punctuation by the Fondler is the funniest thing I have ever seen on here.

Thoughts on tonight on 22:55 - Oct 2 with 2211 viewsShun

The best side I've seen all season (and, Bradford fans, we've played Gills, Rotherham, Chesterfield, etc.). If they knew how to score they could do very well this year.

We defended excellently though, with Rafferty being my MOM. Tutte was excellent and Donnelly impressed. I agree with maybee though, Kennedy doesn't seem the same player he was last year. Although, having said that, this time last year he wasn't impressing either.
Thoughts on tonight on 23:00 - Oct 2 with 2174 views442Dale

Apart from hard work, what does Donnelly actually add to the team?

That's not meant to sound overly critical because it's nights like tonight that a hard working forward comes into his own, but he doesn't ever look like changing a game.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Thoughts on tonight on 23:06 - Oct 2 with 2154 viewsDaleFan7

Thoughts on tonight on 22:55 - Oct 2 by Shun

The best side I've seen all season (and, Bradford fans, we've played Gills, Rotherham, Chesterfield, etc.). If they knew how to score they could do very well this year.

We defended excellently though, with Rafferty being my MOM. Tutte was excellent and Donnelly impressed. I agree with maybee though, Kennedy doesn't seem the same player he was last year. Although, having said that, this time last year he wasn't impressing either.

We defended very well for the time we were down to 10 men and I don't think we were ever in danger of losing the game thanks to that defending. We obviously couldn't attack them too much having only 10 men.

As for them I thought they were poor, I would have expected them to win the game if I were their manager. Their shooting was extremely poor with all their shots either straight at Lillis or into the stand.

An encouraging performance by our defence as they showed they can do their job. Bennet especially! Grant will be banned for 3 games atleast so Grimes is going to have to step up as I still haven't seen anything from Donnelly that suggests he's an asset to the team or a threat to the opposition.
Thoughts on tonight on 23:54 - Oct 2 with 2012 viewsroccydaleian

Thoughts on tonight on 22:55 - Oct 2 by Shun

I thought Rhys Bennett was M.O.M. by a country mile. Having said that the whole of the defence was fantastic tonight.
Login to get fewer ads

Thoughts on tonight on 01:39 - Oct 3 with 1935 viewsgizmo

Thoughts on tonight on 22:51 - Oct 2 by MoonyDale

Also I am sure it should be Tazzy..................That enough full stops for you Fondles ? Being lectured on punctuation by the Fondler is the funniest thing I have ever seen on here.

And along with prohibition, punctuation as you`ll see has a "c" in it fondles.

Don't miss the donut by looking through the hole.

Thoughts on tonight on 02:36 - Oct 3 with 1916 viewsDaley_Lama

Bad tackle - red.

Can't pick a man of the match, more importantly, can't pick a non man of the match Grant excluded, the remaining ten last night all get equal accolades from me.

Bradford are as above, a very good team. They showed it up until the sending of, it was a cracking encounter until that point then the situation changed but even so, I enjoyed their efforts to break down our 10 men.

Rory McArdle made a few gaffs and was laughable on a couple of occasions as a full back but that's with a "waiting for errors eye" on things.

He also did a few good things in the period before the sending off, linking well down the wing etc.

I'd have loved to have seen 90 mins of 11 v 11 because we are to my eye a good L2 team, as are Bratfut and the game was a cracker until the sending off.

Then it went pooh as a contest.

J'accuse.

RAFC. Where did our ball boys go? I may be wrong on this but in a timewasting method, we didn't have them second half.

Josh Lillis. Did you really tell the TDS to keep the ball and play inflatable volleyball in the 90th minute when the ref wanted you to get on with the game?

Head injuries. Soft nellies, requiring the trainer etc. Tsk, tsk, tsk. A more synical man than me might have thought you were feigning.

The Ref! got everything right for me aside from the extra time.

3 minutes? He must have been the only person in the ground who couldn't see the bleeding obvious in regards to this.

Having said all that, they were never going to score all night, desperation set in e.g. Hines claim for a penalty which was as laughable as any claim from Dale fans for one in the first half when Donelly went down as he tried to burst through.

Anybody on here spend most of the match singing "Cheat" to the ref and if so can you explain to me why?

Poll: DF in or out

Thoughts on tonight on 03:27 - Oct 3 with 1908 viewsDaleFan7

Thoughts on tonight on 02:36 - Oct 3 by Daley_Lama

Bad tackle - red.

Can't pick a man of the match, more importantly, can't pick a non man of the match Grant excluded, the remaining ten last night all get equal accolades from me.

Bradford are as above, a very good team. They showed it up until the sending of, it was a cracking encounter until that point then the situation changed but even so, I enjoyed their efforts to break down our 10 men.

Rory McArdle made a few gaffs and was laughable on a couple of occasions as a full back but that's with a "waiting for errors eye" on things.

He also did a few good things in the period before the sending off, linking well down the wing etc.

I'd have loved to have seen 90 mins of 11 v 11 because we are to my eye a good L2 team, as are Bratfut and the game was a cracker until the sending off.

J'accuse.

RAFC. Where did our ball boys go? I may be wrong on this but in a timewasting method, we didn't have them second half.

Josh Lillis. Did you really tell the TDS to keep the ball and play inflatable volleyball in the 90th minute when the ref wanted you to get on with the game?

Head injuries. Soft nellies, requiring the trainer etc. Tsk, tsk, tsk. A more synical man than me might have thought you were feigning.

3 minutes? He must have been the only person in the ground who couldn't see the bleeding obvious in regards to this.

Having said all that, they were never going to score all night, desperation set in e.g. Hines claim for a penalty which was as laughable as any claim from Dale fans for one in the first half when Donelly went down as he tried to burst through.

Anybody on here spend most of the match singing "Cheat" to the ref and if so can you explain to me why?

I agree with this, didn't get why people were calling the ref because he didn't have a bad game in my opinion. People felt aggrieved that Grant was fouled before he was sent off but if everyone reacted like that every time they didn't get a decision their own way then games would be 3v3 by the end.
Thoughts on tonight on 08:16 - Oct 3 with 1739 viewsdalenumber2

Thoughts on tonight on 02:36 - Oct 3 by Daley_Lama

Bad tackle - red.

J'accuse.

There was the usual gob s**te sitting behind me shouting 'cheat' and calling the ref 'Hitler' and other unrepeatable things for pretty much all of the match. Don't ask me why.
Thoughts on tonight on 09:25 - Oct 3 with 1618 viewsBanned4ever

Thoughts on tonight on 08:16 - Oct 3 by dalenumber2

There was the usual gob s**te sitting behind me shouting 'cheat' and calling the ref 'Hitler' and other unrepeatable things for pretty much all of the match. Don't ask me why.

Why did dale fans clap Grant off the field when he was sent off.
Surly that sends a wrong message for the offence he did .
or am i nit picking.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Thoughts on tonight on 09:43 - Oct 3 with 1577 views442Dale

Thoughts on tonight on 09:25 - Oct 3 by Banned4ever

Why did dale fans clap Grant off the field when he was sent off.
Surly that sends a wrong message for the offence he did .
or am i nit picking.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

No. You're right.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Thoughts on tonight on 09:46 - Oct 3 with 1571 viewsMoonyDale

Thoughts on tonight on 09:43 - Oct 3 by 442Dale

No. You're right.

A few of us in the Sandy said the same, ridiculous round of applause for such a petulant act.

Thoughts on tonight on 11:34 - Oct 3 with 1450 viewsfitzochris

As I was, once again, missing in action last night, I can only go off my pals' version of events - but they seem to concur with everyone else on here.

- A good point, well earned.
- A decent Bradford side let down by poor finishing.
- A solid defensive performance from us.
- Bobby grant is a tool.

It sounds like the lads ran themselves ragged for 90 minutes and, with Accy's night off as it were, I hope that doesn't haunt us on Saturday. Accy are going to be right up for this one and I hope we are too. Like it or not, Accy occupy a spot we want to be in, so it's more than just a grudge match.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Thoughts on tonight on 12:22 - Oct 3 with 1370 viewsDorsetDale

Thoughts on tonight on 11:34 - Oct 3 by fitzochris

As I was, once again, missing in action last night, I can only go off my pals' version of events - but they seem to concur with everyone else on here.

- A good point, well earned.
- A decent Bradford side let down by poor finishing.
- A solid defensive performance from us.
- Bobby grant is a tool.

It sounds like the lads ran themselves ragged for 90 minutes and, with Accy's night off as it were, I hope that doesn't haunt us on Saturday. Accy are going to be right up for this one and I hope we are too. Like it or not, Accy occupy a spot we want to be in, so it's more than just a grudge match.

From my view at the other end of the country I agree with almost all of that.

Am sure you used the term loosely but it's only a grudge match for Stanley.

Maybe we'll see the pattern of last few games repeating and they'll be wound up enough to have one of there's sent off.

That's not an encouragement to our players to act in a manner engineering a situation resulting in that outcome - I'd much rather see 22 footballers on the field at the final whistle whatever the score.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024