Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bogdanovic / Dagnall 20:12 - Jan 5 with 5233 viewsbarnsley1

What a good signing guys. "Boggy" is not a worker. He's not the best footballer. But his finishing is Premier League standard. You will have to withstand the shortcomings in his game and I think he probably thinks he is better than he is but if he gets chances he will, more likely than not, score.

We have signed Dagnall today as you will have seen. Do you have any opinions on him. Seems to me like a typical Keef signing - hard working, did well, lost his way a little, cheap! I have 100% faith in him with the signings he has made - McNulty (well capable championship defender), Perkins (love this guy, amazing engine, strong in the tackle), Vaz Te and Davies obviously and Matty Done is improving game on game, he and Wiseman have serious pace, Wiseman growing game on game too.

Hope you find the above helpful and wish you every success, sincerely hope you stay up and can build on your league one status.
Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 20:17 - Jan 5 with 3883 viewsBartRowou

Boggy was the best player on the pitch v Preston so he may have found a level where he can shine.

Daggers is a Dale legend but much as I love him, I don't think he is better than div 3. He's not a clinical finisher but makes up for that in terms of chasing lost causes, tackling back etc. His head drops when he misses a few and I don't think he got that many for Scunny in div 2 last year. His success there will be determined by how patient the fans are with him.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 20:22 - Jan 5 with 3846 viewsSaxonDale

Can see him doing a good enough job for you lot, quite similar in style and play to Matt Done. Very good at creating his own space and chances but doesn't sore as many of those chances as he should.
Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 20:23 - Jan 5 with 3841 viewsSuddenLad

Daggers is a very hard working lad, who gives everything, every game. He's like a terrier snapping at the heels of defenders, and they can't relax whilst he's there. His best results came when Chris O'Grady was supplying him, but he certainly knows where the goal is. If he gets the right service, he'll score, no doubt.

He'll cover every blade of grass for the cause, and he's a great acquisition for you.

Good luck Daggers.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 20:23 - Jan 5 with 3837 viewsD_Dale

Hillcroft must believe they can get Daggers scoring again (at Scunny he managed only 9 league goals in 60 appearances (10 as sub).) And he's still not 26. Any idea of the fee - not more than £20k., I guess!
Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 20:26 - Jan 5 with 3815 viewsR17ALE

I think it's more about who you play Dagnall alongside to be honest. If he 'clicks' alongside a target man, you've got a goodun, but if you play him up front with a similar player, he can be anonymous.

Ironically Bogdanovich would probably be a good partner for him but only at Div 3 (L1) at best.

God loves a trier though, and he is a 100% type player. He was at his best for us playing alongside Chris O'Grady who is now an Owl, so I wouldn't be surprised if you tried to sign him in the summer!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 20:27 - Jan 5 with 3806 viewsSaxonDale

@O.P He featues heavily at the start of this video
Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 20:30 - Jan 5 with 3789 viewsolympicdale

Daggers work rate stood out in league 1/2, but I feel he needs to be more clinical in the championship, you can get away with missing a couple chances in l1/l2 but the championship is much harder and it showed at Scunny. He needs to be more than a grafter, but as has been said god loves a trier, an so do the fans.

Life is a game of fate.

Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 20:36 - Jan 5 with 3769 viewsSalwaDale

Due to the fact that Keith Hill will be his manager I expect him to be a success in the Championship.

TBBT

Login to get fewer ads

Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 20:39 - Jan 5 with 3747 viewsbarnsley1

cheers guys lets see how he gets on. Keith prob thinks he can get the best out of him. By what you say he will play alongside Craig Davies who has been a revelation and seems to have everything apart from perhaps first touch.

Re Boggy, his "level" is definitely championship. His goals per mins ratio for us was brilliant. His time at Sheff U didn't work at Blackwell plays hoofball and that doesn't suit him. He needs to play to feet. Stick with him, you will have to turn a blind eye to his faults (work rate and sometimes suspect attitude) but he is a very good finisher and will def score. Hopefully will fire you to safety / mid table.

Reckon he will be on £5k to £6k per week at least.

Dagnall has signed for around £50k. Peanuts really so worth a punt, as Peter Jones would say
Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 20:42 - Jan 5 with 3729 viewsStudiousDale

Dagnall/O'Grady is the best forward partnership I've seen in 15 years of supporting the Dale. In that promotion season they were excellent. I can only echo what has been said above, he is very hardworking and you will be able to defend from the front with him playing. He is one of those players who seems to be able to dribble with the ball, and take on players successfully with the ball never seemingly under his control. Top honest pro and he may get 10 goals inbetween now and the end of the season.
Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 20:54 - Jan 5 with 3670 viewsTVOS1907

More details here: http://www.thisisscunthorpe.co.uk/Scunthorpe-Utd-Dagnall-leaves-Iron-club-close/

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 21:03 - Jan 5 with 3627 viewsbarnsley1

Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 20:54 - Jan 5 by TVOS1907

More details here: http://www.thisisscunthorpe.co.uk/Scunthorpe-Utd-Dagnall-leaves-Iron-club-close/

cheers lads.
Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 21:05 - Jan 5 with 3621 viewsSalwaDale

Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 20:54 - Jan 5 by TVOS1907

"Never a team player, only ever ran for himself never sacrificing himself for his team mates."

Are they really talking about the same player on there.

TBBT

Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 21:09 - Jan 5 with 3600 viewsSuddenLad

Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 21:05 - Jan 5 by SalwaDale

"Never a team player, only ever ran for himself never sacrificing himself for his team mates."

Are they really talking about the same player on there.

that description is about as far removed from the truth as is possible. If it was true, Hillcroft wouldn't go a yard near.

If you aint a team player, you don't get in his team.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 21:26 - Jan 5 with 3534 viewsBirchy915

Dagnall got me watching Rochdale full time instead of just the odd match, loved his style, that 9 minute hattrick was sublime!

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 21:32 - Jan 5 with 3514 viewsfrenzied

just great ...when he came back from a bad injury and hit a hat trick at Spotland ...pure class
Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 22:01 - Jan 5 with 3430 viewsClivert

Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 21:32 - Jan 5 by frenzied

just great ...when he came back from a bad injury and hit a hat trick at Spotland ...pure class

The stuff of fairytale that!

Daggers is my all time favourite Dale player in 25 years of watching, he always ran himself into the ground for the side and also had the ability to create a bit of magic out of nothing.
Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 22:09 - Jan 5 with 3408 viewsShun

Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 21:26 - Jan 5 by Birchy915

Dagnall got me watching Rochdale full time instead of just the odd match, loved his style, that 9 minute hattrick was sublime!

That was such an "Is this actually happening?!" moment. And it started snowing around the time his third went in too, as if to say those magical 9 minutes were a gift from above.
Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 22:18 - Jan 5 with 3370 viewsDaleaholic

With some pics... Won't ever forget him kissing that ball!

http://rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/3/rochdale-afc-news/7961/dagnall-makes

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 22:19 - Jan 5 with 3364 viewsR17ALE

Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 21:32 - Jan 5 by frenzied

This might be me imagining things, but didn't he also provide a tear jerking moment at Stockport in the 7-2, when returning from a long injury, and five minutes later he banged in the 7th?

This could be total bollox, but just wondered...

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 22:21 - Jan 5 with 3356 viewsSaxonDale

Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 22:19 - Jan 5 by R17ALE

This might be me imagining things, but didn't he also provide a tear jerking moment at Stockport in the 7-2, when returning from a long injury, and five minutes later he banged in the 7th?

He definately scored late on to make it 7... can't remember if it was after a return to injury though
Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 22:35 - Jan 5 with 3335 viewsTVOS1907

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 23:18 - Jan 5 with 3245 viewspedrodale

It was indeed his first game back from injury, came on for last 5mins first touch back of net
Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 23:54 - Jan 5 with 3194 viewsShun

Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 23:18 - Jan 5 by pedrodale

It was indeed his first game back from injury, came on for last 5mins first touch back of net

2nd touch. 1st touch he *almost* scored and I remember thinking what a story that would've been. A few minutes later he goes and does it!
Bogdanovic / Dagnall on 02:49 - Jan 6 with 3127 viewsWhiteyBFC

Thanks Daley's, for the lowdown on Daggers.
I got a few tit-bits from the Scunny lot, but I trust you guys to give a fairer judgement, what with him playing for you under Hillcroft.
I think it was 'Studious' who gave me the info I wanted to hear, by saying with Dagnall up top, you can defend from the front. Thats a key thing IMO for us right now. With Davies supported by Butterfield, the ball often wouldnt stick. And you dont want your target man chasing back, and Jacob isnt a worker as such. So thats left Perks to do it all, or Jim O'Brien from the wing. And then that leaves Wiseman unprotected, and so on and so forth.
Our fans are saying we need the defence sorting, but for me, defence is a team effort. We have 5 or 6 very capable Championship defenders that can fill the back four slots, and most of them are comfortable on the ball. But if you keep losing ball up top, it causes problems and invites pressure.
So Danny Drinkwater and Chris Dagnall will strengthen that issue hopefully.
I dont think Daggers is here to score goals anyway. We have Davies up top, on 9 goals, great return for a 4th tier striker in 14 starts. And then Vaz Te wide left has 10 in 11 starts. So we are good for goals. And having heard Keeef enthuse about Dagnall earlier, he hinted IMO, that he will play the lad in the hole that Jacob has left. I dont expect him to be as talented as Butterfield - not many are - but if he's half as talented, but works twice as hard, he could be continuing Hillcrofts 100% success-rate regards recruitment.
Shame we wont see him tomorrow for the FA cup game.
I do remember a lot of Dale fans saying Wiseman and Done werent good enough for the 2nd tier. Well they havent set it alight, but Wisey gets better each game, and has already played 3 positions. He can only improve with a tutor like Sir Bobby Hassell.
Matty D is a bit hit and miss. Sometimes unplayable, sometimes invisible. But the talents there. Both of them though, need to hook up their decision-making. All in all, easily competent at this level.
And Shirley?
Well, how he hasnt played at this level before is a mystery. Not the most gifted player, but a hard worker in every sense. And has a strange knack of getting in between man and ball - he's like water, he's everywhere. Plus, he looks cool as fcuk. And Colchester fans, in unison, said he ran around a lot but nothing else. And he was not even top end 3rd tier quality... must be the Hillcroft effect then. But, he did win all their POTY awards. Strange bunch that lot..
Great signings for you guys lately, Dunphy must be desperate for you to stay up - I hope you do too. Because Hilly and Flicker love your club, and it would pain them to see you drop back again. So that would pain me! :)
Boggy is a Prem standard finisher. He never missed. But he never worked hard, and thats his weakness. But with a guy like Jonah, and Ormerod around him, Im confident you will finish above the drop.
Sorry for rambling, I dont get out much! :D
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024