Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kelman 08:06 - Sep 25 with 5041 viewsJimboqpr

I just noticed Charlie Kelman has already scored three league goals this season (4 in total) out on loan at Leyton Orient. Is this the year he finally makes some significant development and returns to us as someone who could have an impact? Or is he just a mid-table L1 player at best? Still only 22 (23 in Nov), so he might have a chance. Also, is he in the last year of his deal with us, or are we not allowed to know such things?!
Kelman on 09:30 - Sep 25 with 4280 viewsTheChef

GET HIM BACK!!!

Nah - seriously the age he's at, League One is the best he can hope for.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Kelman on 09:34 - Sep 25 with 4278 viewsWatford_Ranger

The one at Reading was one of the goalkeeping howlers of the season.

Never say never and he’s still reasonably young but I think it’s his level. Then again I’d have said the same for Smyth and Saturday aside I think he’s had a very good season thus far.
Kelman on 09:35 - Sep 25 with 4268 viewsaston_hoop

Kelman on 09:30 - Sep 25 by TheChef

GET HIM BACK!!!

Nah - seriously the age he's at, League One is the best he can hope for.

He's only 22, he could easily crack on down there for a couple of years and move back up. Doubt it will be with us, but he's really kicking on there.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Kelman on 10:05 - Sep 25 with 4108 viewsderbyhoop

I suspect L1 is his level.
4 goals so far isn't bad, even allowing for the keeper diving over one at Reading.
But he had a long loan at Wigan, last season, without pulling up any trees.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Kelman on 10:19 - Sep 25 with 4020 viewsDannyPaddox

Nourry: Developmental staff’s metrics, even at a subordinate tier, will continue to be countenanced.

Translation: The kid stays in the picture!
Kelman on 10:21 - Sep 25 with 4007 viewsMyke

Just coming 23 is still young. At that age Les Ferdinand was .... Seriously if he gets himself well into double figures, he would certainly be worth a look at next pre-season (if he still on our books)
Kelman on 10:32 - Sep 25 with 3955 viewsTheChef

Kelman on 10:21 - Sep 25 by Myke

Just coming 23 is still young. At that age Les Ferdinand was .... Seriously if he gets himself well into double figures, he would certainly be worth a look at next pre-season (if he still on our books)

I don't think Kelman is Les Ferdinand unfortunately.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Kelman on 10:41 - Sep 25 with 3906 viewsAntti_Heinola

You never know - just look at Sammy Szmodics record before the last year or so.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Kelman on 10:44 - Sep 25 with 3874 viewsPhilmyRs

He's playing regular football, at a better level than a lot of the other loans we've sent out in the past have done. That's only a good thing. I'm not sure he'll make it with us, but a Kelman with a full season playing for Orient under his belt, will definitely be a better player than the one we saw last season, so there is still hope.

I know he's not Harry Kane, but Kane struggled a fair bit in his early days, had a few unsuccessful loans, around 22 when he really kicked on I think. Would be relaying that message to Charlie and see whether he can push on.
Kelman on 11:01 - Sep 25 with 3782 viewsWatford_Ranger

Kelman on 10:32 - Sep 25 by TheChef

I don't think Kelman is Les Ferdinand unfortunately.

I’ve never seen them both in the same room.
Kelman on 11:01 - Sep 25 with 3780 viewsNorthernr

Always had a soft spot as he was the only one who had any time for any of us on the Austria tour. Hope he does well, nice lad.
Kelman on 11:04 - Sep 25 with 3756 viewsGaryHaddock

I'm not sure he will, but if he keeps up the 3 in 7 rate that means 20 goals.

Forgetting who he is, his previous time with us, who wouldn't sign a League One striker with a twenty goal season behind him?
Kelman on 11:15 - Sep 25 with 3681 viewsdmm

Kelman on 10:19 - Sep 25 by DannyPaddox

Nourry: Developmental staff’s metrics, even at a subordinate tier, will continue to be countenanced.

Translation: The kid stays in the picture!

You must be right, Danny. Why else would Nourry have renewed Kelman's contract in the summer?
Kelman on 12:27 - Sep 25 with 3351 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Kelman on 11:15 - Sep 25 by dmm

You must be right, Danny. Why else would Nourry have renewed Kelman's contract in the summer?

I was going to ask about the length of that contract. However, getting an answer would be challenging in the modern climate, but if he goes at the end of next season as a 24 year old, are we entitled to some shekels for developing him?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Kelman on 12:40 - Sep 25 with 3276 viewstkqpr

Kelman on 11:01 - Sep 25 by Northernr

Always had a soft spot as he was the only one who had any time for any of us on the Austria tour. Hope he does well, nice lad.

In contrast to this Clive last year we had a Party Wall Surveyor from Wickford near Billericay who was a coach at Wickford FC, where Charlie Kelman and a goalkeeper called Teddy Smith? both played. Teddy was an England Youth International and was on the books at West Ham from what he said i think.

Anyway they both came back to Wickford to present to the youth teams trophies at a summer event only a couple or 3 years back and the impression was that he was a cocky so and so and that he had already thought he had made it and was taking the mick out of Teddy saying he didnt have the bottle after Teddy decided not to pursue a career in football despite many offers as he couldnt deal with it for some reason or another.

The coaches (his ex coach) generally didnt like what they saw from Charlie and he was giving it big bollocks to the young kids and putting Teddy down at every opportunity.

I wonder if the move from Southend to QPR came too early and with a lot of lads being given money at that stage, it changed them, the desire and respect for the opportunity they have been given maybe deminished and somewhat changed them as a person?

But you can only speak as your find.
Kelman on 13:27 - Sep 25 with 3079 viewsMonkey_Roots

Kelman on 12:40 - Sep 25 by tkqpr

In contrast to this Clive last year we had a Party Wall Surveyor from Wickford near Billericay who was a coach at Wickford FC, where Charlie Kelman and a goalkeeper called Teddy Smith? both played. Teddy was an England Youth International and was on the books at West Ham from what he said i think.

Anyway they both came back to Wickford to present to the youth teams trophies at a summer event only a couple or 3 years back and the impression was that he was a cocky so and so and that he had already thought he had made it and was taking the mick out of Teddy saying he didnt have the bottle after Teddy decided not to pursue a career in football despite many offers as he couldnt deal with it for some reason or another.

The coaches (his ex coach) generally didnt like what they saw from Charlie and he was giving it big bollocks to the young kids and putting Teddy down at every opportunity.

I wonder if the move from Southend to QPR came too early and with a lot of lads being given money at that stage, it changed them, the desire and respect for the opportunity they have been given maybe deminished and somewhat changed them as a person?

Or speak as your party wall surveyor finds...
Kelman on 13:41 - Sep 25 with 2981 viewsNorthernr

Kelman on 12:40 - Sep 25 by tkqpr

Yeh speak as you find. First game in Austria there were about eight QPR fans there, totally ignored by the entire playing staff and management. After the game a few of us kicked round on the pitch while QPR had their own private balcony. Asked if there'd be any mingling we were told no. The only one, all day, who actually spoke to us, asked how the trip had been, spoke about the season, was a decent human being frankly was Kelman.
Kelman on 14:04 - Sep 25 with 2859 viewstkqpr

Kelman on 13:41 - Sep 25 by Northernr

Yeh speak as you find. First game in Austria there were about eight QPR fans there, totally ignored by the entire playing staff and management. After the game a few of us kicked round on the pitch while QPR had their own private balcony. Asked if there'd be any mingling we were told no. The only one, all day, who actually spoke to us, asked how the trip had been, spoke about the season, was a decent human being frankly was Kelman.

Yea Im pleased you found him very courteous. Thats what i mean you should always 'speak as you find.'

Maybe its a sign of him maturing. Like i say, too much too early maybe? Maybe the 'best finisher at the club' was a bit too much smoke blown up his arse too early?.

I wish him well.
Kelman on 17:49 - Sep 25 with 2327 viewsnumptydumpty

Seems to have been around for many years so the fact he is still only 22, is a surprise. Thought he was 24 / 25 myself.

Be interesting in years ahead to see his progress as v Armstrong who has never had a loan and Kolli and Lloyd who should be loaned but may not be either.

Then that can give us a little bit of an idea if loaning out truly works better than throwing in at the deep end because needs must.

He was at one stage when we had Dykes, Austin and Gray, widely touted by Warburton et al that he was the best finisher at the club.

Who knows

But if he gets 15 goals this season in league one, suggest he is worth a go in the squad for one season next year.

We can always hope !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Kelman on 18:03 - Sep 25 with 2283 viewsgazza1

He may be a 'decent bloke' but sadly he is not, and will never be, good enough to score goals regularly in the Championship. I hope he makes it somewhere in football if that is what he wants.
Kelman on 22:48 - Sep 25 with 1804 viewsnumptydumpty

Kelman on 18:03 - Sep 25 by gazza1

He may be a 'decent bloke' but sadly he is not, and will never be, good enough to score goals regularly in the Championship. I hope he makes it somewhere in football if that is what he wants.

Wow you know a lot and can see into the future too !!

Congrats !!

All hail you !! 😂

Kelman on 23:12 - Sep 25 with 1748 viewskensalriser

'Best finisher at the club' should be in the glossary.

Probably a once spoken off the cuff throwaway remark that's somehow gone on to assume the status of something declared by Jesus at the last supper.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Kelman on 08:12 - Sep 26 with 1244 viewsgazza1

Kelman on 22:48 - Sep 25 by numptydumpty

Wow you know a lot and can see into the future too !!

Congrats !!

All hail you !! 😂

What you on about?? Strange!!!!
Kelman on 08:18 - Sep 26 with 1234 viewsR_from_afar

Kelman on 10:41 - Sep 25 by Antti_Heinola

You never know - just look at Sammy Szmodics record before the last year or so.

Or Ademola Lookman.

Born in Wandsworth, don't you know....

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Kelman on 20:42 - Sep 26 with 634 viewsnumptydumpty

Kelman on 08:12 - Sep 26 by gazza1

What you on about?? Strange!!!!

Was harsh and negative and also presumption that he won't make it.

At 22, there are still possibilities.

But you have written him off.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024