Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Cook, The Fox, The Smyth and Our Ginger 13:54 - Sep 6 with 7626 viewsFredManRave

Said it quite a bit recently, but I'll say it again, the almost immediate effect that this awesome foursome have had on the pitch has surely been better than anybody could have hoped for especially when taking into account their cumulative effect.

Still reading lots about the worry of strength in depth and whilst it's undoubtedly a concern, the flip side is that the longer we have the new recruits on the pitch, the longer the youngsters will gain valuable knowledge from watching (and training!) with them.

In addition, over the last 3/4 games we've been able to bring on the youngsters towards the end of games, enabling them to get valuable first team experience and, hopefully, confidence.

It's been a surprise the way things have started so far this season and could we really, genuinely have expected things to be so, relatively, positive, so soon?

sofa, so good.

Just need to give Willock a run in the team now! Just look at what it's done to the AFKAD!
[Post edited 6 Sep 2023 13:59]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

The Cook, The Fox, The Smyth and Our Ginger on 07:28 - Sep 8 with 1404 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Cook, The Fox, The Smyth and Our Ginger on 07:16 - Sep 8 by Northernr

Micah Hyde's U18s, as I was corrected on a week or so back.

Folks, quick question - is Hyde still answerable to Ramsey, who is over all non-first team squads?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Cook, The Fox, The Smyth and Our Ginger on 07:58 - Sep 8 with 1367 viewsHastings_Hoops

The Cook, The Fox, The Smyth and Our Ginger on 07:28 - Sep 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Folks, quick question - is Hyde still answerable to Ramsey, who is over all non-first team squads?

This was kind of my question (albeit I revealed my double ignorance re Hyde).
The Cook, The Fox, The Smyth and Our Ginger on 08:23 - Sep 8 with 1326 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Cook, The Fox, The Smyth and Our Ginger on 07:58 - Sep 8 by Hastings_Hoops

This was kind of my question (albeit I revealed my double ignorance re Hyde).

Sound, Hastings.

The Cook, The Fox, The Smyth and Our Ginger on 08:27 - Sep 8 with 1318 viewsNorthernr

The Cook, The Fox, The Smyth and Our Ginger on 07:28 - Sep 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Well one of the problems I've had of late, and it's probably my ignorance, is that we've got Alex Carroll, Chris Ramsey and Paul Hall, which feels to me a lot like three guys doing one job at a club that's meant to be skint.

So I would presume Hyde reports to... Carroll? Who is listed as the academy director on the staff director. Paul Hall meanwhile is listed as a first team coach, never went back to the juniors after his caretaker spell it seems.

Interestingly, Ramsey isn't listed at all. At the start of last season Beale had him doing bibs balls and cones with the first team strikers. By the end of it for Huddersfield and Burnley away Ramsey was in our coach on the trains coming back from the first team games. So what exactly his role is I'm not sure.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/club/staff-directory
The Cook, The Fox, The Smyth and Our Ginger on 10:11 - Sep 8 with 1204 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks Clive. Not just me who's unsure, then!

The Cook, The Fox, The Smyth and Our Ginger on 12:45 - Sep 8 with 1136 viewsstantheman10

The Cook, The Fox, The Smyth and Our Ginger on 08:27 - Sep 8 by Northernr

Well one of the problems I've had of late, and it's probably my ignorance, is that we've got Alex Carroll, Chris Ramsey and Paul Hall, which feels to me a lot like three guys doing one job at a club that's meant to be skint.

So I would presume Hyde reports to... Carroll? Who is listed as the academy director on the staff director. Paul Hall meanwhile is listed as a first team coach, never went back to the juniors after his caretaker spell it seems.

Interestingly, Ramsey isn't listed at all. At the start of last season Beale had him doing bibs balls and cones with the first team strikers. By the end of it for Huddersfield and Burnley away Ramsey was in our coach on the trains coming back from the first team games. So what exactly his role is I'm not sure.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/club/staff-directory

According to news reports on the official website Chris Ramsey is Head of Coaching. None of the staff below first team are on the staff directory.
The Cook, The Fox, The Smyth and Our Ginger on 12:47 - Sep 8 with 1134 viewsNorthernr

The Cook, The Fox, The Smyth and Our Ginger on 12:45 - Sep 8 by stantheman10

According to news reports on the official website Chris Ramsey is Head of Coaching. None of the staff below first team are on the staff directory.

Isn't that position above the first team?
The Cook, The Fox, The Smyth and Our Ginger on 14:40 - Sep 8 with 1065 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The Cook, The Fox, The Smyth and Our Ginger on 16:04 - Sep 7 by Northernr

But by the same token let's also not get carried away with the impact a couple of 30-somethings have made in three or four games. Long winter ahead. Cook is already injured.

Maybe if last season taught us all anything it's best to let things play out and not rush to snap judgements. This time last year we were about to stick eight wins on the board in a dozen games and go top of the league.

Also, it's fans forum in two weeks, and we know how things usually go after one of those!

This post has been edited by an administrator

Agreed. However, the signs are that QPR are a much better team with these particular seasoned pros than without. We better hope that Cook and Colback can get through this season relatively unscathed as I don't fancy our chances if we're relying on the likes of JCS, Richards, Kolli, SDM or Dixon-Bonner to stay up.
Login to get fewer ads

The Cook, The Fox, The Smyth and Our Ginger on 15:52 - Sep 8 with 1004 viewsstantheman10

The Cook, The Fox, The Smyth and Our Ginger on 12:47 - Sep 8 by Northernr

Isn't that position above the first team?

Who knows? If you don't know then we've got no chance!
It is odd though isn't it?
The Cook, The Fox, The Smyth and Our Ginger on 15:52 - Sep 8 with 1002 viewsNorthernr

The Cook, The Fox, The Smyth and Our Ginger on 15:52 - Sep 8 by stantheman10

Who knows? If you don't know then we've got no chance!
It is odd though isn't it?

Yes.
The Cook, The Fox, The Smyth and Our Ginger on 17:01 - Sep 8 with 937 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Cook, The Fox, The Smyth and Our Ginger on 15:52 - Sep 8 by Northernr

Yes.

I wonder if he's on his way out.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024