Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Beale's bailing thread... 10:03 - Nov 21 with 169460 viewsdigswellhoop

so the manager will be li ked hope he stays

This post has been edited by an administrator
The Beale's bailing thread... on 21:48 - Nov 28 with 3909 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Beale's bailing thread... on 21:40 - Nov 28 by stainrods_elbow

Quite honestly, right here, right now, Beale can have a nasty accident, but Ferdinand and Hoos, with their pathetic, virtually self-congratulatory, 'onwards and upwards' claptrap statements, should walk, and if people can't see that, they're part of the problem at inferior, incompetent, imponderable QPR. They interviewed him, they appointed him, and they lauded him, all the while telling us how fantastically diligent they'd been and trying to cover themselves in reflected/anticipted glory, and were either (i) stupid enough to incorporate a release clause from wk. 1 into that toerag's contract or (ii) weak and gutless enough to grant him permission to speak to another club regardless. He played them like a shitty fiddle.

We have had 10 managers at least since 2015 - if that's not a clusterf*ck, I don't know what is - and my trust in those running the club has now eroded to zero. I feel sorry fo the poor players, but sorrier still for ujs fans. We deserve better than this utter basket case of a club.

We’ve had seven FT managers, one of which was appointed before Les and Hoos so it’s six.

Absolutely no dirt on Hoos or Ferdinand in this case in my opinion.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2022 22:02]
The Beale's bailing thread... on 21:49 - Nov 28 with 3870 viewsstainrods_elbow

The Beale's bailing thread... on 21:40 - Nov 28 by flynnbo

His message to us fans.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/mick-beale-issues-message-to-qpr-fans-after-

Just unreal! He's a footballing psychopath.

Befpre LF and LH do the decent thing and follow him out the door, the one thing they could do for us would be to arrange a 'friendly' with GR as soon as it can be scheduled. Mind you, they'd probably end up double-booking it with Dom Ball's birthday bash or summat.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2022 21:49]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

The Beale's bailing thread... on 21:50 - Nov 28 with 3873 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Am starting to think they shouldn't have taken him on in the first place, bearing in mind what he said about wanting to manage Rangers in the future. Seems like a real red flag when you're interviewing someone. Yes, of course, you may want to move on in the future but to explicitly declare it in an interview seems a bit much.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 21:54 - Nov 28 with 3824 viewsDamo1962

The Beale's bailing thread... on 21:50 - Nov 28 by Wegerles_Stairs

Am starting to think they shouldn't have taken him on in the first place, bearing in mind what he said about wanting to manage Rangers in the future. Seems like a real red flag when you're interviewing someone. Yes, of course, you may want to move on in the future but to explicitly declare it in an interview seems a bit much.

There may be a grain of truth in what Stainrod says 🤔
The Beale's bailing thread... on 22:05 - Nov 28 with 3790 viewsDorse

The Beale's bailing thread... on 21:49 - Nov 28 by stainrods_elbow

Befpre LF and LH do the decent thing and follow him out the door, the one thing they could do for us would be to arrange a 'friendly' with GR as soon as it can be scheduled. Mind you, they'd probably end up double-booking it with Dom Ball's birthday bash or summat.

You don't want to miss that. It's nearly impossible to get on the guest list. Stormzy got barred last time because his shoes were too casual.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Beale's bailing thread... on 07:22 - Nov 29 with 3432 viewsdmm

Beale's deceit will stain his reputation for many years to come. His integrity and loyalty comment has been mentioned all over sporting and social media, as has his duplicitous flirting with other clubs. There won't be many who are unaware that what Beale says and then does are two different things.

Hypocrisy goes against most people's sense of natural justice. It is a trait that is universally hated and seen as a sign of bad character. GRangers and many of their fans will choose to ignore this today but Beale's dishonesty will in time raise its ugly head again.

It won't matter how successful Beale might be, football is a cruel business and it won't forget what he's done. One day the chickens will come home to roost.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 07:34 - Nov 29 with 3392 viewssteveo04

I think you got to give Rangers credit here , they been waiting over 30 years for revenge for giving us Wilkins for free but making them pay 500k for Spackman a week later .
The Beale's bailing thread... on 07:39 - Nov 29 with 3375 viewsdistortR

The Beale's bailing thread... on 07:34 - Nov 29 by steveo04

I think you got to give Rangers credit here , they been waiting over 30 years for revenge for giving us Wilkins for free but making them pay 500k for Spackman a week later .

Mark Hately was ample revenge, in more ways then one.
Login to get fewer ads

The Beale's bailing thread... on 08:57 - Nov 29 with 3211 viewsdm97

The Beale's bailing thread... on 21:49 - Nov 28 by stainrods_elbow

Gonna bite: in what world is this their fault?! As takes go, the “evil Les jobs for the boys” and “Lee Hoos the tight Yank” hot take is next level confirmation bias
The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:05 - Nov 29 with 3179 viewsSonofpugwash

Who the f*ck cares anymore?
Death of a Thousand Cuts has become Death of a Thousand C*nts.The bad things just bounce off a skin that has become harder than an elephant with Eczema.
Won't be long before the next drama unfolds.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:14 - Nov 29 with 3130 viewsstainrods_elbow

The Beale's bailing thread... on 21:48 - Nov 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

We’ve had seven FT managers, one of which was appointed before Les and Hoos so it’s six.

Absolutely no dirt on Hoos or Ferdinand in this case in my opinion.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2022 22:02]

That's just the problem - there never is. If the Board give a lifetime contract to the two of them, Hoos told us he was coming clean and running LR down to a dog track, and Les revealed he comes in two half days a week to drink coffee, there'd be people here telling us we're lucky to have one and what a great player the other was. it's a culture of complacency, non-achievement and chummy crap.

(Yes, I know we have a new training ground - woo f*cking hoo!)

The Beale's bailing thread... on 10:33 - Nov 29 with 2956 viewsQPR_Jim

The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:14 - Nov 29 by stainrods_elbow

That's just the problem - there never is. If the Board give a lifetime contract to the two of them, Hoos told us he was coming clean and running LR down to a dog track, and Les revealed he comes in two half days a week to drink coffee, there'd be people here telling us we're lucky to have one and what a great player the other was. it's a culture of complacency, non-achievement and chummy crap.

Your comments would carry more weight if you didn't blame everything on the DoF as a default anyway.

They signed a good manager and he negotiated a release clause, no release clause and we'd have had to go for someone with less ambition and probably wouldn't have been where we are in the league now. I assume a poor manager would have also been the DoF's fault. If Rangers was the only job he'd have left for, in the summer when we signed him GVB was in a good position having done well with GR in Europe, so it would have been fairly long odds on him getting sacked this soon. The fact that Beale is so self centered he's jumped ship so soon is not to be expected when we signed him, most managers in their first season don't leave before the end of the season.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 11:29 - Nov 29 with 2831 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

So what you really have an issue with is the fans?

Why are you on message board with 3,000 of them?
The Beale's bailing thread... on 11:52 - Nov 29 with 2733 viewsWegerles_Stairs

[Post edited 29 Nov 2022 11:57]
The Beale's bailing thread... on 12:07 - Nov 29 with 2651 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Beale's bailing thread... on 11:52 - Nov 29 by Wegerles_Stairs

[Post edited 29 Nov 2022 11:57]

Cheers for that but any chance of the bit to the right as well?
Would be interested to read the rest.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 12:20 - Nov 29 with 2591 viewsCamberleyR

The Beale's bailing thread... on 12:07 - Nov 29 by CroydonCaptJack

The bit to the right isn't the article, it's on the page you can see in the picture.

It's behind a paywall but I've got an account that let's you read a couple of articles a week so can copy and paste:

If Michael Beale is the type of guy to search his own name on social media he would have winced yesterday as one of the great moves of his life was dumped on by those he left behind. Predictably “integrity” and “loyalty” were being wielded as twin bludgeons and he provided the weapons himself. Now that he is the Rangers manager he should take it as a first lesson learned.

Someone should hand him a set of tweezers and say: “Here you go, an Old Firm manager has to pick every word with these.”

He is at a club, a city, and a country where no careless language is allowed to pass without forensic scrutiny. Every word is accountable and can be used as evidence in a prosecution.

Brendan Rodgers, Steven Gerrard and many others were way ahead of Beale when it comes to playing to the gallery and telling supporters what they wanted to hear only to swiftly scarper for the exit, it’s just that it has landed worse for Beale because there is still so little else to distinguish and flesh out what kind of man he is going to be as a manager.

Everyone respects his substantial coaching ability. But as a manager the biggest impression he has made – for now – was from saying one thing and quickly doing another. It was daft to lay it on thick about “integrity is a real big thing for me, and loyalty,” when there was always the prospect of leaving sooner rather than later, let alone fleeing within weeks.

There was nothing mysterious about him choosing not to go to Wolverhampton Wanderers when they were interested; there might have been any number of reasons why he did not consider that a good fit.

Nor is there is anything mysterious about him leaving London for Glasgow; he felt professionally and personally comfortable and fulfilled as Rangers’ assistant manager and the chance to return was irresistible. The timing is unfortunate but managers have voluntarily come and gone out of clubs far quicker than his June-to-November run at Loftus Road. This is a business where loyalty is vapourised by a phone call.

Making a virtue of his supposed integrity and commitment, only to leave as soon as Rangers appeared on the scene, made an intelligent and streetwise coach look shallow and insincere. It was an unnecessary misstep which made him a hostage to fortune. It is impossible to believe he anticipated that the Rangers job might come his way so soon, because if he had then it is inconceivable that he would have gone so heavily on staying at QPR. But being able to spot upcoming tripwires is a skill he has to learn in Glasgow. He has just detonated on himself by stumbling over an obvious one.

None of it matters a jot to how Rangers and their supporters feel about his return to Ibrox; there are many other issues which encourage, excite or worry them. But they know it was not a good look and it cast shade on Beale’s day, becoming a prominent and unwelcome theme in the wider media coverage of Rangers’ appointment.

In England – and like Rodgers and Gerrard he will be another of those Old Firm managers whose antennae are always pointing south – he was getting it tight yesterday. “How’s that dignity loyalty thingy working out,” asked the QPR legend Rodney Marsh on Twitter. He didn’t need to use Beale’s name for followers to know what he meant.

Beale has now taken his fourth different job in 13 months. He left Rangers in November, Aston Villa in June and QPR yesterday, each of them a move to further his career. That’s perfectly fine, but enough now.

“It is the aim for me to work in the Premier League,” he said amid all that other headline stuff in October but he has to park those ambitions for at least the next two or three years if he does well enough to survive them. He needs some managerial stability and longevity at a club not exactly renowned as a natural cradle for either. And should he really take on and overcome Ange Postecoglou and Celtic, and deservedly attract yet more interest, he will have to handle that far more sensitively than he did at QPR.

For now he needs to start beefing up his managerial name and reputation which, at the moment, is receiving scorn for opportunism and having sounded disingenuous. That will blow over. He’ll have to suck it up for now and the better he does and the longer he stays at Rangers the more it will recede into irrelevance as other qualities – and other soundbites – emerge.

It is time for Beale to put down some roots and get Rangers moving.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The Beale's bailing thread... on 12:21 - Nov 29 with 2572 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The Beale's bailing thread... on 12:07 - Nov 29 by CroydonCaptJack

Yeah sorry, reposted. Pretty scathing article.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 12:22 - Nov 29 with 2576 viewsR_from_afar

The Beale's bailing thread... on 21:40 - Nov 28 by stainrods_elbow

Quite honestly, right here, right now, Beale can have a nasty accident, but Ferdinand and Hoos, with their pathetic, virtually self-congratulatory, 'onwards and upwards' claptrap statements, should walk, and if people can't see that, they're part of the problem at inferior, incompetent, imponderable QPR. They interviewed him, they appointed him, and they lauded him, all the while telling us how fantastically diligent they'd been and trying to cover themselves in reflected/anticipted glory, and were either (i) stupid enough to incorporate a release clause from wk. 1 into that toerag's contract or (ii) weak and gutless enough to grant him permission to speak to another club regardless. He played them like a shitty fiddle.

We have had 10 managers at least since 2015 - if that's not a clusterf*ck, I don't know what is - and my trust in those running the club has now eroded to zero. I feel sorry fo the poor players, but sorrier still for ujs fans. We deserve better than this utter basket case of a club.

Reassuringly unreasonable and hypercritical, as usual. You previously said one of our players deserved his bloody nose and now you want our staff to be beaten up. That's shameful. I know you care but come on, you're better than that.

Please feel free to suggest an alternative CEO and director of football, and while you're at it, manager, who would guarantee success and be a) affordable and b) willing to join QPR.

I'll wait.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Beale's bailing thread... on 12:28 - Nov 29 with 2507 viewsstainrods_elbow

The Beale's bailing thread... on 10:33 - Nov 29 by QPR_Jim

Your comments would carry more weight if you didn't blame everything on the DoF as a default anyway.

They signed a good manager and he negotiated a release clause, no release clause and we'd have had to go for someone with less ambition and probably wouldn't have been where we are in the league now. I assume a poor manager would have also been the DoF's fault. If Rangers was the only job he'd have left for, in the summer when we signed him GVB was in a good position having done well with GR in Europe, so it would have been fairly long odds on him getting sacked this soon. The fact that Beale is so self centered he's jumped ship so soon is not to be expected when we signed him, most managers in their first season don't leave before the end of the season.

Thanks for the laughable caricature - I have critiqued Beale as vociferously as anyone here and have barely said a word against Les till this week, so you're clearly confusing me with other posters.

If you can't see that the hierarchy either failing to prevent Beale talking to other clubs when contracted to QPR, or having the wit to ensure that any release clause (if indeed present in his contract) was more than token and/or unactivatable within, say, 18 months of signing, casts real doubts on their competence, I give up. The fact that Hoos' own statement said (as if this was some kind of badge of professionalism) they'd already been preparing a shortlist from the start for just this outcome should tell you something seriously stank about this appointment from the get-go. The murmurings I've been privy to coming out of the club (as evidenced by Les's defeatist remarks) were/are that they basically just wanted to lay down and have Beale walk all over us as soon as this story broke. That is as big a problem as one manager's shapeshfiting for QPR FC, and probably ultimately much more crucial for us as a club. When did anything like this happen anywhere else within this time frame in recent memory? Anyone? Don't all talk at once!

I rest my f*cking case. Us fans have been taken for mugs by both Beale and QPR, and it smells to high heaven.

The Beale's bailing thread... on 12:31 - Nov 29 with 2487 viewsdaveB

The Beale's bailing thread... on 21:50 - Nov 28 by Wegerles_Stairs

I'm sure whoever we get next will have ambitions to manage somehwere else eventually, it's not a bad thing to want to go up in the world. I'm sure every player we sign sees their future at a different club eventually whilst QPR fans working in football like Bircham would walk out of any job today if they were offered the QPR job.

It's the way he did it which annoys me rather than him taking a job at a bigger club
The Beale's bailing thread... on 12:33 - Nov 29 with 2458 viewsstainrods_elbow

The Beale's bailing thread... on 12:22 - Nov 29 by R_from_afar

Reassuringly unreasonable and hypercritical, as usual. You previously said one of our players deserved his bloody nose and now you want our staff to be beaten up. That's shameful. I know you care but come on, you're better than that.

Please feel free to suggest an alternative CEO and director of football, and while you're at it, manager, who would guarantee success and be a) affordable and b) willing to join QPR.

I'll wait.

It's perhaps a shade hyperbolic, but I think it's all of a piece with the extreme way the fans have been taken for mugs. I stand by what I've said that those running QPR are not currently fit to do so. If you don't like that view, fine - either way, they should show some real accountability to the fanbase. They won't, though - there'll just issue stupid, self-serving, official statements that insult the intelligence of those fans who have any. They're as dedicated to failure, inferiority and a lack of pride as at the managed defeat at Wembley 1986.(Go talk to Peter Hucker about it.)
[Post edited 29 Nov 2022 12:36]

The Beale's bailing thread... on 12:35 - Nov 29 with 2446 viewsdaveB

Well if you want to find something to get angry at Ferdinand for it would probably be the lack of players coming through the academy, for what we pay for that the lack of quality back up players to fill the squad is poor and it would be a fair criticism.

Hoos could rightly be given stick for lack of any improvements to Loftus Road and the absolute farce fans have to try and get any food or drink at half time

I'm not sure bringing in a manager who no one had heard of and was poached within 4 months as he did well is a smoking gun for Ferdinand or Hoos
The Beale's bailing thread... on 12:42 - Nov 29 with 2372 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Beale's bailing thread... on 12:21 - Nov 29 by Wegerles_Stairs

Yeah sorry, reposted. Pretty scathing article.

Thanks mate, much appreciated.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 12:42 - Nov 29 with 2371 viewsNorthernr

Yeh can we not be advocating for QPR staff members to be beaten up and attacked by the fans please, ffs etc.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 12:52 - Nov 29 with 4766 viewsbosh67

Interesting social media quote from Lyndon this morning quoting lyrics from a song...

“Gotta keep working. Watch for the snakes, watch for the vermin.”

I guess he won't be heading up there any time soon.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024