Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manchester United Game Matchday Thread (n/t) 07:56 - Aug 27 with 3594 viewsSaintNick

Can we make their season worse

This post has been edited by an administrator

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Manchester United Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 14:31 - Aug 27 with 1163 viewscocklebreath

Manchester United Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 14:29 - Aug 27 by A1079

Kotchap, Aribo, Lavia and Mara when he came on all played well and we kept our shape well and largely defended well. Alot of good work and approach play by our team but we didn't offer much as a scoring threat. Good promise in many areas but we need someone that can offer a real threat up front with Che Adams (not without him) as he worked hard but was often alone. Not sure what Adam Armstrong offers apart from alot of running around. Nothing against him personally but he is rarely going to have an impact at this level.

Personally, I think we should have had a penalty against McTominay - it wasn't one hand it was two but I suppose I would say that.

Man Utd were professional without being spectacular and in truth probably neither side deserved to win.

An unspectacular game and you are left feeling that if we had a cutting edge and could be clinical in front of goal we may have got something out of it.

Not a match that will stay in the memory.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 14:32]

I think that’s harsh we had plenty of chances and Adam Armstrong played well, they were hanging on at the end

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Manchester United Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 14:34 - Aug 27 with 1143 viewsdarthvader

Manchester United Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 11:34 - Aug 27 by Bicester_North

They’ve lost the last 7 away, it would be standard Saints to end that run for them

Tut

keep the faith coyr

Manchester United Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 14:49 - Aug 27 with 1102 viewsBicester_North

Manchester United Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 14:03 - Aug 27 by Heisenberg

If that had been given as a penalty the other end you lot would be furious. It wasn’t a penalty. Saints giving it everything. Class goal by that cheating gimp who should have been sent off in the week if the ref had balls. Add a centre half and this team will be ok. Young side showing promise.

Just a centre half or maybe another goal scorer as well? Stick to cycling

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Manchester United Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 14:53 - Aug 27 with 1088 viewsdarthvader

Manchester United Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 14:29 - Aug 27 by A1079

Kotchap, Aribo, Lavia and Mara when he came on all played well and we kept our shape well and largely defended well. Alot of good work and approach play by our team but we didn't offer much as a scoring threat. Good promise in many areas but we need someone that can offer a real threat up front with Che Adams (not without him) as he worked hard but was often alone. Not sure what Adam Armstrong offers apart from alot of running around. Nothing against him personally but he is rarely going to have an impact at this level.

Personally, I think we should have had a penalty against McTominay - it wasn't one hand it was two but I suppose I would say that.

Man Utd were professional without being spectacular and in truth probably neither side deserved to win.

An unspectacular game and you are left feeling that if we had a cutting edge and could be clinical in front of goal we may have got something out of it.

Not a match that will stay in the memory.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 14:32]

Another striker required . So we have two on the pitch and two on the bench to start with. An injury or two and we are fooked.

For me it was 2 or 3 handballs for the penalty that wasn't..we were never going to get that against then .But you know dam well if it was Ronaldo tussling with one of our players just inside the box, it would have been given.

I'm watching bt man United sports on the telly and even the man United ex players say they were lucky to get away with that.

keep the faith coyr

Manchester United Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 15:03 - Aug 27 with 1044 viewsElijahK

Manchester United Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 14:53 - Aug 27 by darthvader

Another striker required . So we have two on the pitch and two on the bench to start with. An injury or two and we are fooked.

For me it was 2 or 3 handballs for the penalty that wasn't..we were never going to get that against then .But you know dam well if it was Ronaldo tussling with one of our players just inside the box, it would have been given.

I'm watching bt man United sports on the telly and even the man United ex players say they were lucky to get away with that.

Yeah I’ve just seen the replays of it, and it’s a tough one, as yeah Man U would have probably gotten it on there end of the pitch, and if we were playing the likes of Fulham it would’ve probably been given. As he’s got no eyes on the ball so it’s certainly not intentional, but when his hands are sticking out like that and it hits them multiple times it certainly makes it more of a shout for a pen.

As this is the issue that won’t ever be solved with VAR or the LOTG, as you’ll get some days where that’s given and you’ll have some that it’s not. Under the current LOTG, it’s not clear whatsoever as to whether that’s a blatant pen or not, as under the old rules of it being intentional it’s not a pen, but the rules of it making clear contact a few seasons back, it is.

As it’s like last week how we also had a pen shout against Leicester yet didn’t get it (although it was less of a big deal as we won) and it’s a debatable one, where we’ll certainly see in MOTD a pen given for it, but then we’ll also see a few not given, and that inconsistency is one of the few things I really get frustrated with regarding VAR/the LITG.
As for an incident like that, I wouldn’t criticise a ref, but I wouldn’t back him ether, which is why they need to do something regarding this and handballs as there’s too many borderline ones, and some will make a big impact of the outcomes for certain teams seasons.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Manchester United Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 15:06 - Aug 27 with 1039 viewssaint68

Manchester United Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 14:53 - Aug 27 by darthvader

Watched the game in one of our local bars..the usual crowd all agreed penalty..a table of 4 very southern accented assclowns were giving it the large when Fernández scored...plastic cooonts....maybe one of them was Heisenberg the penalty denier!!!

Oddly enough the sky text coverage showed a tweet or comment from Gary Neville wanting a penalty for the 1st half incident..laughed away by all but 4

On the plus side..I see absolutely nothing to worry about relegation wise...the kids are great and will get better..post world cup Livremento will be back and,Perraud will be sharper in a few weeks..I fear Stuart Armstrong may well suffer a reaction to that injury and miss a month or two..do hope not though...have zero to moan about the management today...we're going in the right direction for the 1st time in a while and I applaud that vigorously !!!
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 15:12]

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Manchester United Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 15:20 - Aug 27 with 1017 viewsSaintsforeverj

An excellent committed performance from Saints
If we had a top quality striker on the pitch, we probably would have won the game. And ofcourse, had we not been playing in the PL, with bias refs, we would have been given a penalty.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Manchester United Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 15:56 - Aug 27 with 966 viewsCity_boy

Manchester United Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 12:36 - Aug 27 by professor_peach

There seem to be a lot of bare patches in the grass.

I noticed that. The pitch looked a right mess for start of season. Is this a legacy of the women's Euro games ?

If so, surprised they didn't have some clause that insisted on pitch being re-laid after euro's.
Login to get fewer ads

Manchester United Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 16:38 - Aug 27 with 909 viewsdarthvader

Manchester United Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 15:56 - Aug 27 by City_boy

I noticed that. The pitch looked a right mess for start of season. Is this a legacy of the women's Euro games ?

If so, surprised they didn't have some clause that insisted on pitch being re-laid after euro's.

Maybe or just the extreme heat that's burned it

keep the faith coyr

Manchester United Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 18:20 - Aug 27 with 832 viewsStAnt

Manchester United Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 16:38 - Aug 27 by darthvader

Maybe or just the extreme heat that's burned it

They said on commentary that the pitch is suffering from some sort of disease and the ground staff are working hard to get it back to it's normal condition.
Manchester United Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 19:01 - Aug 27 with 801 viewsMrangry25

Manchester United Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 18:20 - Aug 27 by StAnt

They said on commentary that the pitch is suffering from some sort of disease and the ground staff are working hard to get it back to it's normal condition.

Yep it’s called womens bloody football
Manchester United Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 19:07 - Aug 27 with 795 viewsSaintsforeverj

Manchester United Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 19:01 - Aug 27 by Mrangry25

Yep it’s called womens bloody football

In their high heels.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Manchester United Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 21:49 - Aug 27 with 749 viewsDorsetIan

It felt to me that we concentrated too much on Che being on form. Like he was bound to score if we could get the ball to him. And from him too, always shooting when he might have played others in.

Highlight for me was Djenepo tackling Ronaldo in the box in the second half. If I can find a photo, I might get that framed.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Manchester United Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 08:46 - Aug 28 with 621 viewsMrangry25

Manchester United Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 15:06 - Aug 27 by saint68

Watched the game in one of our local bars..the usual crowd all agreed penalty..a table of 4 very southern accented assclowns were giving it the large when Fernández scored...plastic cooonts....maybe one of them was Heisenberg the penalty denier!!!

Oddly enough the sky text coverage showed a tweet or comment from Gary Neville wanting a penalty for the 1st half incident..laughed away by all but 4

On the plus side..I see absolutely nothing to worry about relegation wise...the kids are great and will get better..post world cup Livremento will be back and,Perraud will be sharper in a few weeks..I fear Stuart Armstrong may well suffer a reaction to that injury and miss a month or two..do hope not though...have zero to moan about the management today...we're going in the right direction for the 1st time in a while and I applaud that vigorously !!!
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 15:12]

I am still surprised that S Armstrong is not being picked for the starting lineup but that useless t**t Elonoussi (another Redmond imo) keeps getting the nod. We are not good enough to carry anyone.

That said i felt we played well today but lacked the cutting edge needed. The defence looked good as well with Bazunu backing it up.
Manchester United Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 09:58 - Aug 28 with 571 viewsRon11

Manchester United Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 08:46 - Aug 28 by Mrangry25

I am still surprised that S Armstrong is not being picked for the starting lineup but that useless t**t Elonoussi (another Redmond imo) keeps getting the nod. We are not good enough to carry anyone.

That said i felt we played well today but lacked the cutting edge needed. The defence looked good as well with Bazunu backing it up.

That cutting edge would have been Stuart Armstrong in the starting line up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024