Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tim Fielding 06:44 - Jun 19 with 378 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Blackpool’s adviser to the board Tim Fielding admits the club’s transformation has been more rapid than he could have imagined.pool adviser Tim Fielding amazed by turnaround at Bloomfield Road

The Seasiders were taken over by new owner Simon Sadler last Thursday, just four months on from the appointment of the joint-receivers.

With the despised Oystons gone, the club is now looking ahead to a bright future and Fielding has stressed the need for supporters to bear in mind how much progress has been made.

“It’s amazing, it really is,” he told BBC Radio Lancashire. “I think it’s fair to say that after the initial court judgment in November 2017, the time the process would take to enforce it was difficult to grasp for some fans.

“Because of my legal background I had a bit more of an understanding of how these things work. They don’t just happen overnight.

“But if you had said to me six or seven months ago that we would see this sea-change after the appointment of the receivers in February, I don’t think it could have gone much better.

“When we were in court and it came out that they wanted fan representation on the board, everyone’s ears pricked up in the room.

“The receiver and the other board members have embraced that fan engagement.

“We’ve seen levels of transparency we’ve just never seen before at Blackpool. That’s fantastic to see.”

Almost 4,500 season tickets have already been sold, dwarfing last season’s figure of just over 1,800.

Should the Seasiders reach their initial target of 6,000, Fielding believes there is no reason why the club can’t regularly achieve five-figure crowds next season.

He added: “The sales are really encouraging,” he said. “It’s probably two and a half times last season, when sales were obviously affected because of the boycott.

“I’m hoping we’re going to see a steady stream of sales to hopefully push us on to the figures we all want to see, which is having five-figure crowds on average.

“We averaged that between February and the end of the season and we want that to continue.”

Fielding, who had been the fan representative on the interim board, will remain involved as an adviser.

Current interim board members Michael Bolingbroke, Ben Hatton and Ian Currie will remain on the board for the next few months and will be joined by Brett Gerrity, a Poulton-based lawyer who works for the Crown Prosecution Service.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-adviser

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Tim Fielding on 08:28 - Jun 19 with 356 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Heavily lifted from the Podcast? I recognise a lot of the language.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Tim Fielding on 09:09 - Jun 19 with 348 viewsTwelveAngryMen

Tim Fielding on 08:28 - Jun 19 by basilrobbiereborn

Heavily lifted from the Podcast? I recognise a lot of the language.

It's actually from the BBC Lancs hour I did two weeks ago so pre last Thursday's announcement re Simon Sadler's acquisition.

#footballfirst

Tim Fielding on 12:35 - Jun 19 with 341 viewsspell_chekker

Tim Fielding on 09:09 - Jun 19 by TwelveAngryMen

It's actually from the BBC Lancs hour I did two weeks ago so pre last Thursday's announcement re Simon Sadler's acquisition.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024