Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players Released 08:33 - May 10 with 43222 viewsGloucs_R

When do they usually announce the list of names?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Players Released on 23:24 - May 14 with 4163 viewsmylot50years

Players Released on 16:37 - May 14 by RblockPrior

I am gutted Pav is leaving, he definitely had more to offer us and could play in various positions. Shame about Bidwell too, thought he was one of our better players this year.

Interesting that we paid a fee for most of those players we are releasing and not getting anything back for any of them

Re Bidwell you clearly don't do away games.
Players Released on 23:33 - May 14 with 4132 viewsmylot50years

Players Released on 17:27 - May 14 by A40Bosh

Problem is, it's probably another false dawn, whereby Manning gets to play at LB for a couple of games at the end of the season and all of a sudden he's a much better option there than a bloke who has played in that position for a few seasons. Let's see if Manning gets given that starting berth next season and then see how long it will be before the next great thing starts being referred to as Ryan Mainwaring.

It was the same with the goalkeepers position this time last year. We have the threat of Smithies going and some posters were saying "we are lucky to have three great goalkeepers still at the club" and can afford to lose Smithies. Ingram quickly replaced by Lumley and now his star has completely fallen and it is time for Denny to become the next great keeper.

Don't forget to take your happy pills before you go to bed.
Players Released on 00:04 - May 15 with 4046 viewsCiderwithRsie

On Pav: I liked what I saw of him, but I don't jump to the conclusion that we wanted to get rid.

He was badly treated under Holloway IMO and giving him a go was one of the things McClaren got right. He might well have decided he wasn't going to risk finding Warburton wouldn't pick him. And maybe he just wants to go back to Poland. And bluntly, we aren't that great a bet for a free agent who was on the fringes of international football when we bought him.

Might be his decision or at least 50:50
Players Released on 00:32 - May 15 with 3979 viewstimcocking

Well, i'd need to genuinely know all the relevant financial stuff to be able to judge.

At this level, the likes of Bidwell and Pavel are about as consistently decent as you can get. Neither of them is amazing, though, so it comes to down to money. How much more than Manning are we paying Jake Bidwell, because there isn't really that much difference on the pitch. Manning may even have a higher ceiling.

I don't think we're losing anybody we can't do without. Ten times worse last year, losing four premier league quality from the defensive side. Wonder what would have happened without that fiasco. I bet we lost money overall. False economy.
Players Released on 00:42 - May 15 with 3989 viewsPunteR

Players Released on 23:14 - May 14 by FDC

So back four currently likely to be:

Manning - Leistner - Furlong - Rangel

With very little cover other than Hall? Any news on Quentin Bumjoy? I reckon he could do a job.

Roll on 2020-21 season

I dont know why we signed these players on high wages anyway? We've just delayed the inevitable. Wouldnt we have been better to bank that parachute money and start again?
It would be interesting to see which manager spent the most in the last 4 years.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Players Released on 05:42 - May 15 with 3889 viewsnix

We really need to reduce our wage bill and there's no way round that. Baptiste at times did a job for us in the walking wounded season under Holloway but too old now .

Lynch, I'm delighted to see leave. I bet he's not cheap for what you get and has a ridiculous number of faults: lazy, turning circle of a barge, loses concentration, a dangerous mistake a game, goes missing for parts of the season.

Cousins just couldn't get going, possibly due to injuries. But sometimes didn't look to me like a natural footballer in terms of not reading the game. Always seemed to try hard though, so wish him well.

Bidwell always gave 100% for us but too limited in terms of pace and ability for the cost. I always thought we got him cheaply as he's a solid but not spectacular player. Bit unlucky sometimes playing with Lynch as I think he had to cover for him - he always looked better playing with other centre backs. Again I wish him well and would have been happy to have him here at much lower wages but not as one of our most expensive players.

Pay I'm most sad about seeing leave. I really enjoy watching him as anything could happen. Will also miss his Polish fan club in SAR. Particularly enjoyed him training on the pitch against Swansea, so desperate was he to get on and play. Lovely about our fans too and his time at LR. But we do have some cover there and we just can't afford him, so bye and thanks.
Players Released on 07:32 - May 15 with 3743 viewsDorse

Players Released on 20:57 - May 14 by dannyblue

Quentin Bumjoy is a funny way of spelling Sean Goss

We should inform the nickname committee immediately that their long search is over.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Players Released on 08:10 - May 15 with 3657 viewsPastCaringNW2

Sitting in NU my abiding impressions of the last two seasons involve Bidwell leaving acres of space behind him down the left in the first half of games and Pav charging towards me down the right wing in search of a game-saving goal in the second.

Pav is the only one of the five departures I can argue with on productivity alone (wages are something else entirely) and that is even before taking into account the fact that Pav's stats were almost certainly impacted by Mas being pushed into more of a DM role this year.

Going forward I trust Rangel's experience on the right (if not his fitness) but ideally I want someone playing at left back who actually wants to defend and gets a nose bleed if he gets within 35 yards of the opponents's goal. Learn the role first and then get creative with it.
Login to get fewer ads

Players Released on 08:15 - May 15 with 3631 viewsRblockPrior

Players Released on 23:24 - May 14 by mylot50years

Re Bidwell you clearly don't do away games.

I went to 10 away games this season which is enough for me to judge I think when you add the fact I also went to all home games bar 1 this season.

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Players Released on 08:17 - May 15 with 3617 viewsMrSheen

Players Released on 20:57 - May 14 by dannyblue

Quentin Bumjoy is a funny way of spelling Sean Goss

Escaped from the Game of Thrones thread.
Players Released on 08:22 - May 15 with 3602 viewsNortholt_Rs

Players Released on 05:42 - May 15 by nix

We really need to reduce our wage bill and there's no way round that. Baptiste at times did a job for us in the walking wounded season under Holloway but too old now .

Lynch, I'm delighted to see leave. I bet he's not cheap for what you get and has a ridiculous number of faults: lazy, turning circle of a barge, loses concentration, a dangerous mistake a game, goes missing for parts of the season.

Cousins just couldn't get going, possibly due to injuries. But sometimes didn't look to me like a natural footballer in terms of not reading the game. Always seemed to try hard though, so wish him well.

Bidwell always gave 100% for us but too limited in terms of pace and ability for the cost. I always thought we got him cheaply as he's a solid but not spectacular player. Bit unlucky sometimes playing with Lynch as I think he had to cover for him - he always looked better playing with other centre backs. Again I wish him well and would have been happy to have him here at much lower wages but not as one of our most expensive players.

Pay I'm most sad about seeing leave. I really enjoy watching him as anything could happen. Will also miss his Polish fan club in SAR. Particularly enjoyed him training on the pitch against Swansea, so desperate was he to get on and play. Lovely about our fans too and his time at LR. But we do have some cover there and we just can't afford him, so bye and thanks.

I’m not disappointed to see any of that lot go....but who will be their replacements? Whenever we have got rid of a batch of the first team players we have gone backwards on the pitch - last season being a prime example. So let’s wait and see who Les is bringing in to replace them.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Players Released on 08:38 - May 15 with 3553 viewsqueensparker

Will miss Pav - always loved the way despite his pace and stamina he hobbled about the place like he had both terrible blisters on both feet and a scorching case of Farmer Giles.

Will be a great signing for someone but can see why we let him go.
Players Released on 09:34 - May 15 with 3447 viewsrobith

Personally I'm not sure about Manning at left back - he keeps drifting into central midfield cos that's where he plays. Thought Bidwell was solid enough, but we need to cut cloth accordingly. But we will need to sign a left back imo
Players Released on 09:47 - May 15 with 3398 viewsGloucs_R

Players Released on 09:34 - May 15 by robith

Personally I'm not sure about Manning at left back - he keeps drifting into central midfield cos that's where he plays. Thought Bidwell was solid enough, but we need to cut cloth accordingly. But we will need to sign a left back imo

I am certain we'll bring in a new LB and that by the time Manning played at the end of last season, we'd have identified and hopefully have negotiated with one.

I think we need a spine, so new CB, CM, Striker and a LB.

Anyone have a list of the players now left and their positions?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Players Released on 13:31 - May 15 with 3126 viewsNorthernr

Players Released on 09:47 - May 15 by Gloucs_R

I am certain we'll bring in a new LB and that by the time Manning played at the end of last season, we'd have identified and hopefully have negotiated with one.

I think we need a spine, so new CB, CM, Striker and a LB.

Anyone have a list of the players now left and their positions?

Not being funny, but apart from goalkeepers and 'tens' we basically need some of everything now.
Players Released on 15:37 - May 15 with 2991 viewsYorkRanger

Putting money aside we need a couple of players out of the Derry/Palmer/Dunne camp who everyone will question why have we signed them as old and over the hill but end up playing 40 games and are a massive influence on and off the pitch.
Players Released on 15:42 - May 15 with 2970 viewsrunningman75

Players Released on 15:37 - May 15 by YorkRanger

Putting money aside we need a couple of players out of the Derry/Palmer/Dunne camp who everyone will question why have we signed them as old and over the hill but end up playing 40 games and are a massive influence on and off the pitch.

I am feeling optimistic that we will unearth a gem that everyone will be slagging off who turns out to be better than message board opinions.
Players Released on 15:47 - May 15 with 2942 viewsTacticalR

We need to get rid of all the players we've grown to hate so we can bring in a new group of players we can grow to hate.
[Post edited 15 May 2019 15:51]

Air hostess clique

Players Released on 15:53 - May 15 with 2914 viewsTonto

I do find it amusing that many on here slate off Bidwell, who was a consistent 6 or 7 out of 10 player, and was sold to us as such when he first came, but are more exercised about Pav, who was inconsistent at best, but probably had more poor games than good. yes there were highlights, but when was the last time he took games by the scruff of the neck like Freeman? he would do it one week and be poor for the next 3 or 4, then very poor for the next couple and get dropped, then start al over again.

Selective memory for a crowd favourite if you ask me. Other wingers have been drummed out of LR for less.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Players Released on 16:33 - May 15 with 2825 viewsDorse

#announcebumjoy

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Players Released on 16:43 - May 15 with 2790 viewsElHoop

Players Released on 15:53 - May 15 by Tonto

I do find it amusing that many on here slate off Bidwell, who was a consistent 6 or 7 out of 10 player, and was sold to us as such when he first came, but are more exercised about Pav, who was inconsistent at best, but probably had more poor games than good. yes there were highlights, but when was the last time he took games by the scruff of the neck like Freeman? he would do it one week and be poor for the next 3 or 4, then very poor for the next couple and get dropped, then start al over again.

Selective memory for a crowd favourite if you ask me. Other wingers have been drummed out of LR for less.

I don't know what the stats are, but he seemed to be in and out of the side a lot, and in and out of a side which everybody else was in and out of a lot as well. If that use of English makes any sense at all - I'm not sure that it does.

He was quite quick, he was physically strong, he wasn't bad in the air, he could see a pass. You'd have thought that he would have been in the side a bit more often than he ever was. At times he seemed to have disappeared completely. In the end I gave up trying to see some logic in our selections over the past two or three years - maybe he wasn't much good at the end of the day, I don't know, but not many of them have been much good and I had the feeling that we could have got a lot more out of him. So I'll still miss him a bit.
Players Released on 17:04 - May 15 with 2723 viewsNorthernr

Players Released on 15:53 - May 15 by Tonto

One of the things with Pav is just about all of his good performances came at home, where most fans see him. Apart from Reading away when Mackie scored I can;'t immediately bring to mind any particularly good performances away from home. Quite the opposite in fact, he'd regularly go missing in the away games, and was quite often hooked at half time. So if you only do the home games, like most people do, you probably quite like him, but the regulars away from home are much less attached to him because we've endured too many performances like the ones he put in at Rotherham and Sheff Utd last year.
Players Released on 17:21 - May 15 with 2681 viewsBuckR

Players Released on 17:04 - May 15 by Northernr

One of the things with Pav is just about all of his good performances came at home, where most fans see him. Apart from Reading away when Mackie scored I can;'t immediately bring to mind any particularly good performances away from home. Quite the opposite in fact, he'd regularly go missing in the away games, and was quite often hooked at half time. So if you only do the home games, like most people do, you probably quite like him, but the regulars away from home are much less attached to him because we've endured too many performances like the ones he put in at Rotherham and Sheff Utd last year.

Wasn't bad at Villa away but apart from that I agree
Players Released on 19:14 - May 15 with 2525 viewsParkRoyalR

Players Released on 17:04 - May 15 by Northernr

Thinking of jacking in away games next year or moving my season ticket to Q, P and R blocks, seems like a different game when watched from over there! Must be the shandy.
Players Released on 11:53 - May 16 with 2204 viewsBushRanger82

God help us if we're looking for players who will cost the club less than Jake Bidwell.
We, being British, should know better than anybody else on the planet, that cost cutting is all very well, but we have a tendency in this country to over egg the pudding somewhat.
And our club being QPR, our board being who they are, you can bet your last quid we will come out ahead of anyone else on that score.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024