Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players Released 08:33 - May 10 with 43228 viewsGloucs_R

When do they usually announce the list of names?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Players Released on 16:43 - May 14 with 3788 viewsspencer

Players Released on 16:37 - May 14 by RblockPrior

I am gutted Pav is leaving, he definitely had more to offer us and could play in various positions. Shame about Bidwell too, thought he was one of our better players this year.

Interesting that we paid a fee for most of those players we are releasing and not getting anything back for any of them

Very bad business.
Pav conitiually played out of position...Bidwell (IMO) was ok....but I'm assuming we can maybe replace him with a more cheaper option.... x 2

Problem is, as already been stated.....these players have to be found first, then enticed to come and play for us....with our track record. Not going to be easy.
Players Released on 16:44 - May 14 with 3773 viewsisawqpratwcity

Well that takes care of the orderly departures.

Now we just have to wait and see who comes sniffing around for whoever and how much money they have to tempt us with.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Players Released on 16:49 - May 14 with 3712 viewsLongsufferingR

Players Released on 16:44 - May 14 by isawqpratwcity

Well that takes care of the orderly departures.

Now we just have to wait and see who comes sniffing around for whoever and how much money they have to tempt us with.

Not really anticipating anybody sniffing around more than one player tbh
Players Released on 16:49 - May 14 with 3710 viewsBlackCrowe

Bit disappointed about Pav - there was good footballer if played in the right position. Bidwell a half decent squad player with a good attitude, Lynch and Baptiste adios.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Players Released on 16:54 - May 14 with 3638 viewsA40Bosh

I have it on good authority* that those 5 had to go as a minimum so that the club has enough money in the bank every week to pay for our 3 managers for the next 2 years. The current one and the previous two.

*Totally made up

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Players Released on 16:58 - May 14 with 3595 viewsRblockPrior

Worrying that that is 7 first team players leaving the side (didn't include Baptiste), it will be 8 when Freeman leaves and 9 if Rangel doesnt sign. We will have to bring at least 6 players all of which will have to bed in quickly

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Players Released on 17:04 - May 14 with 3529 viewsrichranger

Players Released on 16:19 - May 14 by spencer

Indeed, that's why we are all hoping that this Warburton fella, know's his stuff.
If he hasn't got it sorted by the end of August, then he needs to go

Pav's replacement?

https://www.iron-bru.co.uk/millwall-reading-qpr-close-in-on-josh-morris/
Players Released on 17:04 - May 14 with 3525 viewsstevec

Manning looks at least as good as Bidwell at left back, we’ve any number of wide men to replace Pav, and the other 3 have constantly disappointed.

Nice to see we’re not hanging about, hope that applies to any incoming from July 1st.
Login to get fewer ads

Players Released on 17:04 - May 14 with 3520 viewsrunningman75

Rumours around that we will sign Rangell.
Players Released on 17:09 - May 14 with 3474 viewsridethewave

Players Released on 17:04 - May 14 by runningman75

Rumours around that we will sign Rangell.

We should not sign Rangel. Too old, too injured, and actually, not very good. I lost count of the amount of goals he played onside in the brief games he played for us.
Players Released on 17:15 - May 14 with 3398 viewsNorthernr

Players Released on 17:09 - May 14 by ridethewave

We should not sign Rangel. Too old, too injured, and actually, not very good. I lost count of the amount of goals he played onside in the brief games he played for us.

I'm with you. Don't get the levels of adulation.
Players Released on 17:16 - May 14 with 3395 viewsDorse

Lynch to be replaced with a (hopefully) a nasty Lewis Dunk-type headcase who would take on a life-sized concrete effigy of King Kong, if it looked on-side.

Expect instead to see Quentin Bumjoy, a short-sighted, 8 stone weakling with galloping consumption and a gammy leg.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Players Released on 17:27 - May 14 with 3289 viewsA40Bosh

Players Released on 17:04 - May 14 by stevec

Manning looks at least as good as Bidwell at left back, we’ve any number of wide men to replace Pav, and the other 3 have constantly disappointed.

Nice to see we’re not hanging about, hope that applies to any incoming from July 1st.

Problem is, it's probably another false dawn, whereby Manning gets to play at LB for a couple of games at the end of the season and all of a sudden he's a much better option there than a bloke who has played in that position for a few seasons. Let's see if Manning gets given that starting berth next season and then see how long it will be before the next great thing starts being referred to as Ryan Mainwaring.

It was the same with the goalkeepers position this time last year. We have the threat of Smithies going and some posters were saying "we are lucky to have three great goalkeepers still at the club" and can afford to lose Smithies. Ingram quickly replaced by Lumley and now his star has completely fallen and it is time for Denny to become the next great keeper.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Players Released on 17:28 - May 14 with 3277 viewsAntti_Heinola

Players Released on 17:15 - May 14 by Northernr

I'm with you. Don't get the levels of adulation.

With so many experienced pros going i just wonder if they think it's worth keeping him about, particularly as he can play RB or LB - and maybe they've even offered him a coaching role.

Bare bones.

Players Released on 17:29 - May 14 with 3271 viewsNorthernr

Players Released on 17:28 - May 14 by Antti_Heinola

With so many experienced pros going i just wonder if they think it's worth keeping him about, particularly as he can play RB or LB - and maybe they've even offered him a coaching role.

Almost certainly.
Players Released on 17:35 - May 14 with 3231 viewsoldmisery

Players Released on 17:09 - May 14 by ridethewave

I'm never usually 'ITK' but AR told me that he wanted to stay and he'd been told that we will be needing an experienced defender for season 2019/2020. This was about three weeks before Warburton's appointment so it would appear that certain decisions about the retained list had already been taken (by Les presumably). And he said that he'd taken his coaching badges so it may be that someone has an old fashioned player/coach role in mind.
I thought he had a mixed season, some very good games and some equally poor ones but, apart from Freeman, who didn't? He also said that the injury he picked up was the worst in his playing career - around 400 games in twelve years in England. But what I liked most was the way in which he tried to kill the young Swansea winger - that was really old school.
Players Released on 17:49 - May 14 with 3141 viewsDavieQPR

Players Released on 16:54 - May 14 by A40Bosh

I have it on good authority* that those 5 had to go as a minimum so that the club has enough money in the bank every week to pay for our 3 managers for the next 2 years. The current one and the previous two.

*Totally made up

I have it on good authority* that Holloway was on a one year rolling contract which expired on 10th May 2019.

* Not made up
Players Released on 17:51 - May 14 with 3121 viewsA40Bosh

Players Released on 17:49 - May 14 by DavieQPR

I have it on good authority* that Holloway was on a one year rolling contract which expired on 10th May 2019.

* Not made up

Phew!
We can re-sign Rangel so!

Players Released on 17:54 - May 14 with 3091 viewsAntti_Heinola

Players Released on 17:27 - May 14 by A40Bosh

Problem is, it's probably another false dawn, whereby Manning gets to play at LB for a couple of games at the end of the season and all of a sudden he's a much better option there than a bloke who has played in that position for a few seasons. Let's see if Manning gets given that starting berth next season and then see how long it will be before the next great thing starts being referred to as Ryan Mainwaring.

It was the same with the goalkeepers position this time last year. We have the threat of Smithies going and some posters were saying "we are lucky to have three great goalkeepers still at the club" and can afford to lose Smithies. Ingram quickly replaced by Lumley and now his star has completely fallen and it is time for Denny to become the next great keeper.

Lumley's fine.
Made some errors, has lots of work to do, but realistically, he's fine for us at the moment. Still kept more clean sheets than Smithies the previous year! And I loved Smithies.

Bare bones.

Players Released on 17:58 - May 14 with 3044 viewssimmo

Players Released on 17:16 - May 14 by Dorse

Lynch to be replaced with a (hopefully) a nasty Lewis Dunk-type headcase who would take on a life-sized concrete effigy of King Kong, if it looked on-side.

Expect instead to see Quentin Bumjoy, a short-sighted, 8 stone weakling with galloping consumption and a gammy leg.

Quentin Bumjoy made me do an actual LOL.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Players Released on 18:01 - May 14 with 3027 viewsHayesender

Players Released on 17:54 - May 14 by Antti_Heinola

Lumley's fine.
Made some errors, has lots of work to do, but realistically, he's fine for us at the moment. Still kept more clean sheets than Smithies the previous year! And I loved Smithies.

Needs to strengthen his wrists in the summer. Very weak hands for a keeper imo

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Players Released on 18:02 - May 14 with 3019 viewssimmo

Players Released on 17:28 - May 14 by Antti_Heinola

This. Purely as a player it doesn't make sense, but as someone that can do a job, sets the right standards, is an old/experienced head around lots of youth and may well be able to move into coaching - it makes sense. He's the guy that does the fines and off the pitch senior stuff too by all accounts, so I can see why it's been offered.

Would still prefer him as back up though and would hope any wage offered is minimal at best, but we'd have likely had to sign one or two of his 'type' anyway, so it deals with that.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Players Released on 18:05 - May 14 with 2998 viewsrunningman75

Need to sign a Steve Palmer type player in the summer.
Players Released on 18:07 - May 14 with 2958 viewsToast_R

Quite a list, explains the form going off a cliff last season. Wonder how long they'd known.
Players Released on 18:09 - May 14 with 2931 viewsA40Bosh

Players Released on 18:07 - May 14 by Toast_R

Quite a list, explains the form going off a cliff last season. Wonder how long they'd known.

Imagine how long the list must be at Old Trafford then if that's the case! :-)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024