Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR fan at Manchester airport last night 16:59 - Sep 2 with 11324 viewsPeterHucker

Coming through passport control on the way back from holidays last night, saw a young lad in a QPR shirt. Don't see many of those up this way so I gave him the "You Rs" shout.
Security person looked on in bemusement.
Hello again to you if you're on here.
QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 02:52 - Sep 5 with 2688 viewsDubaiR

Was born in Manchester (my dad who some will know followed QPR from Manchester). I then spent 15 years in Dubai where I met some of my closest mates who are R’s as well. At one point we would regularly get 10-15 of us in the bar for games.

Now live in Gloucester and need to make more effort to meet up with Gloucester Hoops.
QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 05:56 - Sep 5 with 2651 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I just love threads like these.

Having moved around a lot, maybe too much even, I’ve always met Rangers fans in the 11 cities across the planet I’ve lived in, and I’ve also met numerous far flung Rfosi on my travels. At the time of writing in Rangoon, I’m arranging a beer with the ‘other’ Rangers fan in town. Will struggle to beat the 6 (six) we had out one night in Phnom Penh - would have been a magnificent 7 (seven) if the other bloke was in town.

As my best man always says, ‘there’s not many of you, but you’re bloody well spread!’

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 08:45 - Sep 5 with 2605 viewsMonahoop

I know probably all the local R's suporters in this part of Irish borderland, but about 3 weeks ago a bloke who I have never seen before and I presume it was his wife, were walking towards me in the local shopping centre. The bloke was wearing a grey fleece jacket with the QPR crest emblazoned on it. As he passed by I called out U Rssss to him. He turned round looking totally shell shocked at such a quip, collapsed to the ground and never got up.

I made that last bit up, but he did look somewhat surprised to hear the famous old R's greeting in such a place. I think he whimpered You R'ss back or was it You Arse!?

There aint half been some clever bastards.

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 09:50 - Sep 5 with 2579 viewsderbyhoop

I'm now living in the northern part of the Limousin in SW France. I've met 1 other QPR fan around here. Last time I saw him was the evening of the WBA debacle.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 12:09 - Sep 5 with 2513 viewstoboboly

Just had a U R'SSSSSSSSSSSSSS shouted at me on Tottenham Court Road. Just came out of a meeting so was in a complete daze, guy on a bike.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 13:16 - Sep 5 with 2467 viewsKingstan

3 years ago when I first moved to Littlehampton, I gave a big URrrrs to a bloke wearing the hoops in the local Witherspoons, incredibly 4 blokes from different parts of the pub returned the call and now when'ever we meet which is allot being it's a small place we all give a big URrrrrrs. I now know 6 R's in the area which is mostly Brighton and Portsmouth fans. I love the fact that we have our own greeting.
QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 14:55 - Sep 5 with 2409 viewsFDC

When I first moved to Manchester I did a couple of seasons (including the Warnock promotion season) going to games with the MancRs, amazed at how many Rs there were up here. Then when my wife and I moved to Hong Kong, on our first night there we went to a bar next door to our apartment, got chatting to the owner and it turned out he was a Ranger and always had our televised games on. How my wife rolled her eyes. We do get around don't we.
QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 16:45 - Sep 5 with 2357 viewsBluce_Ree

I live in St Helens and was shocked to see an R in my road a few years back. That's the only one I've seen up here. He was going to the gym or something. Nice bloke though. Northerner but his dad was an R or something.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Login to get fewer ads

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 19:17 - Sep 5 with 2282 viewsGloucesterQPR

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 02:52 - Sep 5 by DubaiR

Was born in Manchester (my dad who some will know followed QPR from Manchester). I then spent 15 years in Dubai where I met some of my closest mates who are R’s as well. At one point we would regularly get 10-15 of us in the bar for games.

Now live in Gloucester and need to make more effort to meet up with Gloucester Hoops.

John Brownhill who lives in Altringham,on the edge of Manchester.
he holds the record of NOT missing a QPR league game "home AND away" from 2006- until the present day.
l
by the way Dubai R, there are a large number of QPR fans in Gloucestershire, are you located in the north of the county,ie Quedegley ,within Gloucester?
QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 20:37 - Sep 5 with 2243 viewsQPRVAS

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 19:17 - Sep 5 by GloucesterQPR

he holds the record of NOT missing a QPR league game "home AND away" from 2006- until the present day.
l
by the way Dubai R, there are a large number of QPR fans in Gloucestershire, are you located in the north of the county,ie Quedegley ,within Gloucester?

I've just registered on here to simply say that I'm an R who lives in Garston, Liverpool. I moved up here after Warnock got us promoted.
QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 21:38 - Sep 5 with 2205 viewsCheshireR

There are usually two other fellow R's (three if I include Mini-Chesh) when I attend Warrington Town matches.
We are everywhere!
QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 23:01 - Sep 5 with 2152 viewsMancR

Romiley has made it onto the qpr map.
The manc rs are pretty motley crew these days but with plenty of occasional sand hangers on!
The heady days of 20+ in the Lass are long gone.
Usually train it to away days north of Watford in the search of good beer😎
QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 23:06 - Sep 5 with 2150 viewsLythamR

l

not missing a league game since 2006 is impressive but its not the record
my chum Chris has a run of every league and cup game home and away which starts incredibly in 1989, he is of course stark raving mad!
QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 01:51 - Sep 6 with 2112 viewsBoston

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 20:37 - Sep 5 by QPRVAS

I've just registered on here to simply say that I'm an R who lives in Garston, Liverpool. I moved up here after Warnock got us promoted.

Would you be the Vas originally from Wembley?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 01:57 - Sep 6 with 2110 viewsDubaiR

l

Yes mate in Quedgeley. I have seen one or two about including at the recent family type day in Kingsway.
QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 07:40 - Sep 6 with 2062 viewsQPRVAS

No I'm Vas from Greenford. I was brought up on Birkbeck Avenue an spent many school holidays hanging around the old training ground.
QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 09:11 - Sep 6 with 2040 viewsStevenageRanger

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 15:59 - Sep 3 by Gloucs_R

No, my eldest is proud and loud to be a Ranger....my youngest on the other hand.....

My two are a bit like that. Eldest (14) is now very proud however when he was my youngest age (10) he would never wear his shirt out or really talk about supporting R's.

He now gets cross when my youngest asks "Why do we support QPR again Dad we don't live very near"

Both have Season Tickets and they were at Birmingham with me Saturday so it cant be that embarrassing!!
QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 10:20 - Sep 6 with 2014 viewsFDC

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 16:45 - Sep 5 by Bluce_Ree

I live in St Helens and was shocked to see an R in my road a few years back. That's the only one I've seen up here. He was going to the gym or something. Nice bloke though. Northerner but his dad was an R or something.

I spent a year c. 2016 living down the road from there in Rainhill -- but defo wasn't me going to the gym...
QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 10:28 - Sep 6 with 2004 viewsMick_S

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 20:37 - Sep 5 by QPRVAS

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 10:42 - Sep 6 with 1991 viewsMetallica_Hoop

If you do the Ealing Half Marathon in a Rangers top you get literally hundreds of ''Urrrrrrrrrs" some so loud they went over the volume of my souped up decibelamp improved MP3 player.

A superb Half Marathon to run btw if you haven't yet and are into that sort of thing.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 18:52 - Sep 6 with 1908 viewsBoston

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 10:42 - Sep 6 by Metallica_Hoop

If you do the Ealing Half Marathon in a Rangers top you get literally hundreds of ''Urrrrrrrrrs" some so loud they went over the volume of my souped up decibelamp improved MP3 player.

A superb Half Marathon to run btw if you haven't yet and are into that sort of thing.

FFS metalfatigue, how often do we have to tell ya, Rangers don’t run!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024