Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Baptiste and Robinson 23:55 - Oct 31 with 2144 viewsbosh67

Reminding me of Bob Hazell and Glenn Roeder back in 1982.

Robinson really reads the ball and play so well at CB and Baptiste, a complete revelation, well, that ball he killed stone dead out the sky, running towards his own goal with 2 players bearing down on him was as good a piece of defensive skill as you will see at a much higher level.

Good game from Bidwell on the left tonight but out of potential disaster we have two players thrust in at the deep end looking as good at CB as anyone.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2017 0:00]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Baptiste and Robinson on 00:13 - Nov 1 with 2077 viewswombat

Can't see how we have scrambled a back four ,five with the players have had Aval since the inquires hit , Robinson. Superb , get the lad a new contract asap , baptistery excellent reads the game well old school centre back when needs be , bidwell solid and looking comftable finally , hasn't got much pace but works well and his delivery is very good these days .

Once we sort a attacking right back out , we will be a hell of a team with the midfield we presently have in place

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Baptiste and Robinson on 08:20 - Nov 1 with 1773 viewsBlueandWhiteRiot

Baptiste and Robinson on 00:13 - Nov 1 by wombat

Can't see how we have scrambled a back four ,five with the players have had Aval since the inquires hit , Robinson. Superb , get the lad a new contract asap , baptistery excellent reads the game well old school centre back when needs be , bidwell solid and looking comftable finally , hasn't got much pace but works well and his delivery is very good these days .

Once we sort a attacking right back out , we will be a hell of a team with the midfield we presently have in place

I am so glad to see Robinson perform well he has had the worst luck with us. Very happy to see us bring in Baptiste too. Very solid at this level
Baptiste and Robinson on 08:36 - Nov 1 with 1724 viewsRBlock

Baptiste and Robinson on 00:13 - Nov 1 by wombat

I think we're fine for an attacking RB/RWB. We have Wszolek and Furlong in there. I know Pav has looked bereft of confidence of late, potentially why he has been taken out of the firing line, but his defensive work rate is still second to none. Furlong again, decent going forward with room to improve, strong in the air, needs to improve his 1v1 defending. At a push both Wheeler and Cousins can do a job at RWB.

Can't afford to bring anyone in. Don't really think we need to either.
Baptiste and Robinson on 08:40 - Nov 1 with 1706 viewsRoller

There is a very readable article in the current AKUTR's about those two.
Baptiste and Robinson on 09:27 - Nov 1 with 1595 viewsGloucs_R

You kind of forget we have the following defenders out:

Perch - first choice RB
Onouha - First choice CB
Hall - First choice CB
Caulker - his demons must be pretty bad as this season he could have had the chance to come back and shine
Cousins - who can play at RB but has been out most of the season
Robinson who was basically out for 2 seasons

Giving Furlong time on the pitch as a sub is probably a good call....he was awful against Burton and probably needs more experience at this level.

I am a little surprised that another U23 defender hasnt broken into the match day team this season.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Baptiste and Robinson on 09:28 - Nov 1 with 1593 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Robinson reminds me a bit of Michael Mancienne at centreback. Positionally brilliant, reads the game very well. A bit leggy. I'm not sure what I mean by the last part but you probably know what I mean. Thought we defended very very well last night. The back 3 looks quite narrow to me which a few teams will probably exploit better than Sheffield Utd. Wheeler did well I thought, almost played like our spare man. Moved all over the pitch and looked ok wherever he went.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Baptiste and Robinson on 10:18 - Nov 1 with 1502 viewsterryb

Both have been very good for us.

Baptiste is a bit of a surprise to me, but Robinson is the real success story.

It's not just his defending (which improves with every match), but the confidence that he gives to his team mates. Plus he has the speed to recover.

It will be very hard to leave either out of the side when everyone is available.

I also feel that Bidwell has greatly improved & maybe this is partly due to a trust in Robinson? Another factor is that Bidwell is the only option we have to play the left back/ left wing back role how we do.

It ain't easy when your responsibility changes depending on which side has pocession (every few seconds!)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024