Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is David Oldfield the problem? 21:48 - Sep 21 with 3051 viewsbosh67

Our fire has been roundly targeted on JFH but the reality is that David Oldman, his assistant has very little real experience at League 1 level, let alone this level. I am starting to think that the coaching is the problem. He is really not experienced enough at Championship level.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if JFH was told he had to work with an experience coach at this level.

I mentioned this last week but i am starting to think that although JFH is being rather exposed at the level that the bigger problem may the experience, or lack of it, of his assistant.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2016 22:06]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Is David Oldman the problem? on 21:53 - Sep 21 with 2999 viewsBasingstokeR

How would you rate for example Huddersfield and Reading's starts to the season so far and their coaching teams' amount of experience at this level?
Is David Oldman the problem? on 21:55 - Sep 21 with 2984 viewsDeepcutHoop

Let it never be said that we're not creative with our blame game.
Is David Oldman the problem? on 21:56 - Sep 21 with 2965 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The buck stops with JFH.
Is David Oldman the problem? on 21:59 - Sep 21 with 2927 viewsbosh67

I am just putting the thread question out there.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Is David Oldman the problem? on 22:00 - Sep 21 with 2912 viewsbaz_qpr

No its the squad.

Change the manager same result the squad is significantly weaker than it was last year. No leaders, not a lot of goals in the team, and very very little experience either at this level or in this country.
Is David Oldman the problem? on 22:00 - Sep 21 with 2911 viewsBakes

There's absolutely no chance of it being David Oldmans fault,

Because Jimmys assistant is called David Oldfield, and it's still not his fault.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Is David Oldman the problem? on 22:05 - Sep 21 with 2865 viewsBasingstokeR

Is David Oldman the problem? on 21:59 - Sep 21 by bosh67

Am just putting the Reading and Huddersfield question out there to you Bosh....
Is David Oldman the problem? on 22:06 - Sep 21 with 2842 viewsbosh67

Is David Oldman the problem? on 22:00 - Sep 21 by Bakes

Because Jimmys assistant is called David Oldfield, and it's still not his fault.

My bad

Never knowingly right.

Login to get fewer ads

Is David Oldman the problem? on 22:07 - Sep 21 with 2830 viewsbosh67

Is David Oldman the problem? on 22:05 - Sep 21 by BasingstokeR

Am just putting the Reading and Huddersfield question out there to you Bosh....

It's a good point but not necessarily still not the problem here. Or part f it.

Never knowingly right.

Is David Oldman the problem? on 22:22 - Sep 21 with 2736 viewseccles

Is David Oldman the problem? on 22:00 - Sep 21 by Bakes

Jimmy hired him. Whatever he's called.

its not the coaches fault though. At the moment, we have a team that aren't playing very well, and it's hard to watch. They may improve in time and with coaching and patience. If they don't it'll be JFH that carrys the can.
October and November are going to be big months for the whole club.
Is David Oldfield the problem? on 22:31 - Sep 21 with 2678 viewsVish

No. Oldfield is not the problem.
Is David Oldfield the problem? on 22:31 - Sep 21 with 2672 views08olesen

They need to be able to work it out between them. We have to give them the season at least. If we change any of management team now, then we havnt learnt anything from the Chris Ramsey episode.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Is David Oldfield the problem? on 22:36 - Sep 21 with 2646 viewsozranger

I'm not going to argue who's fault it is but I did notice that the two of them - JFH and Oldfield chatted for some time about what to do. Seems to me that there is still some learning to go.
Is David Oldfield the problem? on 22:42 - Sep 21 with 2612 viewsLongsufferingR

Is David Oldfield the problem? on 22:36 - Sep 21 by ozranger

I'm not going to argue who's fault it is but I did notice that the two of them - JFH and Oldfield chatted for some time about what to do. Seems to me that there is still some learning to go.

Would you rather they don't talk then? Do we want a dictator in charge who takes no advice from the coaching staff he has appointed?

Blimey, these guys can't blow their noses without getting criticised, especially after a much improved performance!
Is David Oldfield the problem? on 22:50 - Sep 21 with 2566 viewsozranger

Is David Oldfield the problem? on 22:42 - Sep 21 by LongsufferingR

Would you rather they don't talk then? Do we want a dictator in charge who takes no advice from the coaching staff he has appointed?

Blimey, these guys can't blow their noses without getting criticised, especially after a much improved performance!

Sorry, writing this on the train. I meant that after they scored the two took a long time to make a decision. Was there too much analysis or was there inexperience?

Personally, I want them to learn and work it out. In the top leagues you are expected to make the right decision and quickly. This is what our team has to learn.
Is David Oldfield the problem? on 22:58 - Sep 21 with 2525 viewsLongsufferingR

Is David Oldfield the problem? on 22:50 - Sep 21 by ozranger

Sorry, writing this on the train. I meant that after they scored the two took a long time to make a decision. Was there too much analysis or was there inexperience?

Personally, I want them to learn and work it out. In the top leagues you are expected to make the right decision and quickly. This is what our team has to learn.

Sorry, I misunderstood, but it still seems harsh to criticise that. I'd rather they take a bit of time to think about it properly rather than a knee jerk reaction that could easily backfire.
Is David Oldfield the problem? on 23:02 - Sep 21 with 2506 viewsHollowayRanger

need a LEADER on the pitch

clint hill held the team together last season

now who have we got that's vocal and leads

onouha not seen once gee up team or give a player a rollicking
hall caulker bidwell all silent
henry nope
polter does try but left alone up front I doubt if rest of team even notice

as for hassle someone get him a dog all he does is frigging whistle

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Is David Oldman the problem? on 23:17 - Sep 21 with 2444 viewsDannyPaddox

Is David Oldman the problem? on 22:00 - Sep 21 by baz_qpr

No its the squad.

Change the manager same result the squad is significantly weaker than it was last year. No leaders, not a lot of goals in the team, and very very little experience either at this level or in this country.

No it's the manager. Or coach.
Is David Oldman the problem? on 23:25 - Sep 21 with 2422 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Is David Oldman the problem? on 21:59 - Sep 21 by bosh67

More of a statement than a question. Interesting thought but you can shape conspiracy theories in many ways. For example, perhaps Les, being an inexperienced DoF, feels more comfortable surrounding himself with inexperienced managers and coaches. Does this mean therefore that Les is the problem?
[Post edited 21 Sep 2016 23:28]
Is David Oldman the problem? on 23:36 - Sep 21 with 2386 viewsFredManRave

Is David Oldman the problem? on 23:25 - Sep 21 by Benny_the_Ball

More of a statement than a question. Interesting thought but you can shape conspiracy theories in many ways. For example, perhaps Les, being an inexperienced DoF, feels more comfortable surrounding himself with inexperienced managers and coaches. Does this mean therefore that Les is the problem?
[Post edited 21 Sep 2016 23:28]

Congratulations. Have a drink.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024