Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Henry in front of Faurlin, no Fer 14:40 - Oct 24 with 5182 viewssevenhoop

I absolutely despair. If I didn't have people relying on me for a lift, I would happily turn round right now. Past caring about the result. Had enough
Henry in front of Faurlin, no Fer (n/t) on 23:41 - Oct 24 with 1432 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Henry in front of Faurlin, no Fer on 19:26 - Oct 24 by DeepcutHoop

I'm going to enjoy a 3-0 win. As a QPR fan they don't happen too often.

The mental gymnastics needed to moan about not looking like scoring after we score three is impressive.

[Post edited 24 Oct 2015 23:49]
Henry in front of Faurlin, no Fer on 05:10 - Oct 25 with 1353 viewsFredManRave

Henry in front of Faurlin, no Fer on 19:26 - Oct 24 by DeepcutHoop

I'm going to enjoy a 3-0 win. As a QPR fan they don't happen too often.

The mental gymnastics needed to moan about not looking like scoring after we score three is impressive.

I think being Rangers fans makes us all capable of "mental gymnastics" in some way shape or form.

Great phrase.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Henry in front of Faurlin, no Fer on 05:52 - Oct 25 with 1342 viewsWesty75

Henry in front of Faurlin, no Fer on 18:54 - Oct 24 by oldmeadoniansR

I was embarrassed by the attitude towards Henry in one sense because it betrayed a lack of football knowledge. He actually played well today. Winning tackles covering and trying to play it simple. Of course when asked to whip in a cross from the right hand side he fluffed it. It is not his game. I too despaired when I saw him in the line up due to the poor performances I have witnessed this season but judged on today he played well and in no way deserved the barracking he got.

No doubt just a coincidence but the sudden intolerance of Henry's numerous shortcomings appear to coincide directly with his pre-election rant about paying too much tax...

That certainly doesn't help when he's f*cking up on the pitch and we're paying for his bloated, low-taxed salary.
Henry in front of Faurlin, no Fer on 07:33 - Oct 25 with 1286 viewsdaveB

I thought Henry had a pretty decent games but people turned up to the game wanting to have a go at Ramsey and wanting to have a go at Henry so it didn't really matter how they performed they were going to get some stick.
Henry in front of Faurlin, no Fer on 11:27 - Oct 25 with 1221 viewsbaz_qpr

The 4-2-3-1 formation requires a Destroyer and a Deep lying playmaker that can tackle. I thought Henry was all right I did not understand the Faurlin for Henry substitution at all did no one any favours. I don't think Luongo can play the deep lying playmaker, long passing is not his game. IMHO its Sandro or Henry for one role and Faurlin or Toszer for the other. Personally I would choose Faurlin / Sandro when fit and I'd have Fer at 10 which would leave Luongo on the bench, which would not be popular.

I think the suggestion that Toszer played pass of the season is somewhat over doing it, its the obvious pass to make and Phillips had acres of space to run into. If it was a driven long pass that got to his man in tight space then that would be world class. Still it was a good pass and it lead to a goal so credit where credits due
Henry in front of Faurlin, no Fer on 11:58 - Oct 25 with 1210 viewsfrancisbowles

Luongo has an engine Fer doesn't. Fer, however is much more likely to provide a goal threat and win headers.

If Luongo was to play deeper, it would probably have to be with either Sandro or Henry and leave no room for the playmaker role of Tozser or Faurlin.

Yesterday the worst performer was Phillips (goal apart) but you couldn't really put Fer on for him, so for me it had to be Luongo. The only alternative I could see was to drop Luongo further back and take off Tozser or Henry. I thought at the time and as it worked still believe he made the right sub.

Henry had an excellent first half but did seem to lose his focus a bit 2nd half. Could be because of the abuse he got when he played that poor cross.

I think the discipline in the defensive side of the team has improved enormously over the last couple of games.
Henry in front of Faurlin, no Fer on 14:16 - Oct 25 with 1192 viewsjonno

Henry had a better game because Luongo worked very hard throughout, closing down in midfield and preventing them playing through it which is apparently how they usually play. Credit to CR for that and for Luongo's work rate. That meant Henry could play slightly further forward and intercept the passes or challenge for the high ball. At the back Hill was excellent, much better in fact than on Tuesday night when he was understandably rusty. Hall was superb alongside him but you must remember the opposition wasn't great. Once Luongo went off our closing down in midfield stopped as Fer basically played alongside JET as a second striker which is why MK Dons had a good ten minute spell, as suddenly they had more time and space in midfield. However, Fer is more likely to score or create a goal and suddenly we looked a lot more dangerous when attacking. Once we scored, the game massively opened up as they had to push forward, which is how we then got the second goal, Phillips was continually in acres of space wide right from that point on, it was hardly a world class pass from Toszer but at least he spotted Phillips in space and played an accurate pass. Phillips took the ball down superbly and finished well. After that their heads went down and we could have scored two or three more rather than the one we did get.
Henry in front of Faurlin, no Fer on 14:54 - Oct 25 with 1169 viewsJamie

As said when we signed Toszer, Faurlin will be used very sparingly indeed.

We all adore the guy, but he's got no knees ffs.
Login to get fewer ads

Henry in front of Faurlin, no Fer on 18:24 - Oct 25 with 1090 viewsrichpr

Henry in front of Faurlin, no Fer on 18:09 - Oct 24 by LongsufferingR

Whatever the rights and wrongs of picking Henry, I thought the treatment he received from the stands today was disgraceful. He'd been playing well today in my opinion until one poor cross brings a torrent of abuse his way, whereas Phillips had been dreadful all game without a murmur from the fans. Then to call for him to be sent off when he was getting booked,..,,well, I know everybody has the right to have their opinion, but how exactly is that supposed to encourage him or his team-mates?

How else do the fans inform CR that Henry is cr*p. Send him an email?? He tries his first cross of the game and it went straight into the loft. Not his usual pass back to Onouha. The off off was just a bit of a laugh. Blame CR for picking Henry every week - not the fans for venting their feelings
Henry in front of Faurlin, no Fer on 18:36 - Oct 25 with 1077 viewsjohncharles

Henry in front of Faurlin, no Fer on 18:24 - Oct 25 by richpr

How else do the fans inform CR that Henry is cr*p. Send him an email?? He tries his first cross of the game and it went straight into the loft. Not his usual pass back to Onouha. The off off was just a bit of a laugh. Blame CR for picking Henry every week - not the fans for venting their feelings

So let's throw on Ale and bang goes his knee. Then we have to play Henry. It's called thinking. Check it out in the dictionary. Henry is the best protection for Ale's knees.

Strong and stable my arse.

Henry in front of Faurlin, no Fer on 18:38 - Oct 25 with 1075 viewsJigsore

I know people love the idea of 4-4-2 but i'd be hesitant unless we were chasing a game, esp away. Let JET start against Brentford and send Austin on for the last 20 mins imo

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Henry in front of Faurlin, no Fer on 18:39 - Oct 25 with 1075 viewsrichpr

Henry in front of Faurlin, no Fer on 18:54 - Oct 24 by oldmeadoniansR

I was embarrassed by the attitude towards Henry in one sense because it betrayed a lack of football knowledge. He actually played well today. Winning tackles covering and trying to play it simple. Of course when asked to whip in a cross from the right hand side he fluffed it. It is not his game. I too despaired when I saw him in the line up due to the poor performances I have witnessed this season but judged on today he played well and in no way deserved the barracking he got.

Thinking Henry is a good player shows a lack of footballing knowledge. He gets abuse cos he is cr*p - Phillips gets plenty of abuse when he screws up a cross but he must put in 15 crosses a match. Henry tries one in 3 matches and I doubt he will try another now. You imply he is a good defensive midfielder - well look at our defensive record. He should not be picked full stop.
Henry in front of Faurlin, no Fer on 18:51 - Oct 25 with 1066 viewsjohncharles

Henry in front of Faurlin, no Fer on 18:39 - Oct 25 by richpr

Thinking Henry is a good player shows a lack of footballing knowledge. He gets abuse cos he is cr*p - Phillips gets plenty of abuse when he screws up a cross but he must put in 15 crosses a match. Henry tries one in 3 matches and I doubt he will try another now. You imply he is a good defensive midfielder - well look at our defensive record. He should not be picked full stop.

FFS If you think Henry is the be all and end all of our problems ........... No, I'm not biting. Fcuk you. Your idea of supporting Rangers is picking on one player and yelling abuse from the safety of the stands or a message board. Knob.

Strong and stable my arse.

Henry in front of Faurlin, no Fer on 19:14 - Oct 25 with 1052 viewsLongsufferingR

It's taken a very long time for one of those responsible for the embarrassing response to appear on here. I had been heartened up until now by the numerous responses slating the reaction to Henry's first poor pass and Ramsey's first substitution, which he got spot on in my eyes.
Henry in front of Faurlin, no Fer on 22:36 - Oct 25 with 985 viewssevenhoop

Henry in front of Faurlin, no Fer on 18:51 - Oct 25 by johncharles

FFS If you think Henry is the be all and end all of our problems ........... No, I'm not biting. Fcuk you. Your idea of supporting Rangers is picking on one player and yelling abuse from the safety of the stands or a message board. Knob.

sorry, but Henry is absolute crap, almost all of us know it. And this "destroyer" shite is utter utter bollocks: he might have been that 5 or more years ago, but he ain't now as he hardly gets near the payer he is supposed to be closing down/'destroying'. I wrote a few years back that Hogan Ephraim turned "jockeying" into an art form, but Henry is now the Grandmaster of that Art.

I am sick and tired of watching such ridiculous team selections and I have paid more than enough in money and time over the years to say so. (btw, I don't 'boo').

it's no coincidence that Faurlin plays a part and we, by and large, win. Neither is it that we do better with Hill in the team. they are just class players. Henry might be decent as a squad player in league 2, but no more than that.
Henry in front of Faurlin, no Fer on 09:24 - Oct 26 with 804 viewsfrancisbowles

Henry in front of Faurlin, no Fer on 22:36 - Oct 25 by sevenhoop

sorry, but Henry is absolute crap, almost all of us know it. And this "destroyer" shite is utter utter bollocks: he might have been that 5 or more years ago, but he ain't now as he hardly gets near the payer he is supposed to be closing down/'destroying'. I wrote a few years back that Hogan Ephraim turned "jockeying" into an art form, but Henry is now the Grandmaster of that Art.

I am sick and tired of watching such ridiculous team selections and I have paid more than enough in money and time over the years to say so. (btw, I don't 'boo').

it's no coincidence that Faurlin plays a part and we, by and large, win. Neither is it that we do better with Hill in the team. they are just class players. Henry might be decent as a squad player in league 2, but no more than that.

Were you at Saturday's game and if you were did you actually watch it, I mean really watch it? Henry without doubt had an excellent first half. He did everything he should do. Even when Henry did concede possession he didn't put us in trouble!
Henry in front of Faurlin, no Fer on 19:06 - Oct 26 with 761 viewsstowmarketrange

So how was the player in question supposed to know that some idiots shouting of,off and booing "was a laugh"?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024