Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"A genuine swans fan" 11:32 - Dec 23 with 5366 viewsrockin

I've heard this term mentioned a lot.

I'm a bit unsure on what the actual meaning is.

Is there a qualification for this?

When are you accepted as a "genuine swans fan"

Is there a grading system?

(No subject) on 12:28 - Dec 23 with 1254 viewsmonmouth

(No subject) on 12:08 - Dec 23 by rockin

That's a fair argument, I'd suggest you're a spectator because you're not partaking in the event.

Therefore could you be considered not a genuine swans fan?

Not sure. My missus is a fan of strictly come dancing, but she sits and watches it and looks forward to it year long. She's not a supporter though, because she doesn't allow the BBC and the phone companies to extort money from her for voting, nor want to watch the live tour.

So, I think a fan and spectator might be the same, but a supporter does something extra to actually support, whether that be financial or vocal or advocacy or all three. Oh, I can feel an 80 page philosophical dossier coming on.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

"A genuine swans fan" on 12:31 - Dec 23 with 1238 viewsrockin

I feel more research is needed, yes.
"A genuine swans fan" on 14:15 - Dec 23 with 1207 viewsLord_Bony

This is what some people on here think....

“A real fan is someone who has known disappointment but not loved their club one degree less. A real fan must spend at least 30 minutes a day thinking about their club. A real fan should be able to explain to the satisfaction of other fans why they support the club they do and finally… Must be able to name the entire first team squad and be able to discuss the reletive strengths and weaknesses of their team.”

That is probably a good definition of the word "fan" which is short for fanatic.

People are fanatical about different sports,teams,individuals to varying degrees.

At the end of the day the best people to ask what constitutes a fan or supporter would probably be the club itself. I think most clubs are happy to get whatever support they can,on any level.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

"A genuine swans fan" on 00:18 - Dec 24 with 1155 viewsDanishDuck

Im sure a club would rate the "fans" that think they are the "true" and only fans, as the lowest.
And do this kind of fan bully others and not make them feel welcome, im sure the club would think they were better off.
"A genuine swans fan" on 01:08 - Dec 24 with 1138 viewsinspector

jesus fck youre boring rockin, sooner you fck off again the better imo. youre an unfunny jackfath... on ignore with perch you go, tara.
"A genuine swans fan" on 08:14 - Dec 24 with 1114 viewsdgt73

A genuine Swans fan is someone who genuinely likes the Swans, end of.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

"A genuine swans fan" on 08:23 - Dec 24 with 1109 viewsbuilthjack

"A genuine swans fan" on 08:14 - Dec 24 by dgt73

A genuine Swans fan is someone who genuinely likes the Swans, end of.

Someone who turns up game after game, whether rain or sunshine. Who is passionate, and genuinely wants the team to perform, but will still turn up when the bad times come along. Yes, we have a moan, but are the first to defend the team if someone from outside criticises us.
It's in the blood, and we will be there til we die.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

"A genuine swans fan" on 08:26 - Dec 24 with 1106 viewsdgt73

"A genuine swans fan" on 11:58 - Dec 23 by rockin

Quite an interesting philosophical debate this one

Its not really, because who cares if someone is a fan or a supporter they are just words. The only thing that really matters for the club is people going through the turnstiles and people spending money, and you could have been a fansupporter for year's but may not attend games, or you could be a new fansupporter and attend games, which one out of those two examples is more important to the club?.

Login to get fewer ads

"A genuine swans fan" on 08:30 - Dec 24 with 1100 viewsdgt73

"A genuine swans fan" on 01:08 - Dec 24 by inspector

jesus fck youre boring rockin, sooner you fck off again the better imo. youre an unfunny jackfath... on ignore with perch you go, tara.

Do you find jackfath funny then.????????????????????????????

"A genuine swans fan" on 08:40 - Dec 24 with 1093 viewsPhil_S

"A genuine swans fan" on 08:23 - Dec 24 by builthjack

Someone who turns up game after game, whether rain or sunshine. Who is passionate, and genuinely wants the team to perform, but will still turn up when the bad times come along. Yes, we have a moan, but are the first to defend the team if someone from outside criticises us.

So if you don't turn up game after game then you're not a genuine Swans fan?
"A genuine swans fan" on 08:47 - Dec 24 with 1089 viewsdgt73

"A genuine swans fan" on 08:40 - Dec 24 by Phil_S

I miss the odd home game from time to time through work, birthdays, weddings etc it can't be helped. To put the swans above everything else is taking it to far imo.

"A genuine swans fan" on 09:36 - Dec 24 with 1074 viewsQuakerJack

"A genuine swans fan" on 08:23 - Dec 24 by builthjack

I'm afraid I can't Builth jack, I live 350 miles away. If I'm down, I'm there, I was at the Everton game for example because I'm home for Xmas. I go to many northern away games because that's easier. London games are also possible, all depends on finding cheap train travel. But I was born and raised in Port Talbot, a jack town, not blue/red as many think, and I went to games against the Rushdens and Bostons of this world, sod's law I move away and we get to the Premier League, I'm thinking of moving to America so that we might win the champions league. I don't think that going to Barry in the faw premier cup makes me any better a fan than anyone. I do know someone who when I lived here "supported" Liverpool and used to say to us what's the point of watching division 3 football. Well I saw him in the south stand at the Everton game. He's the archetypal plastic. He'll not be seen again if we go down.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

"A genuine swans fan" on 10:02 - Dec 24 with 1060 viewsbuilthjack

"A genuine swans fan" on 09:36 - Dec 24 by QuakerJack

I'm afraid I can't Builth jack, I live 350 miles away. If I'm down, I'm there, I was at the Everton game for example because I'm home for Xmas. I go to many northern away games because that's easier. London games are also possible, all depends on finding cheap train travel. But I was born and raised in Port Talbot, a jack town, not blue/red as many think, and I went to games against the Rushdens and Bostons of this world, sod's law I move away and we get to the Premier League, I'm thinking of moving to America so that we might win the champions league. I don't think that going to Barry in the faw premier cup makes me any better a fan than anyone. I do know someone who when I lived here "supported" Liverpool and used to say to us what's the point of watching division 3 football. Well I saw him in the south stand at the Everton game. He's the archetypal plastic. He'll not be seen again if we go down.

Fair enough, but you know what I mean, obviously someone who lives a long way away can only get there when they can, or work,family or cost stops them from going, I understand that

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

"A genuine swans fan" on 10:04 - Dec 24 with 1057 viewsbuilthjack

"A genuine swans fan" on 08:40 - Dec 24 by Phil_S

Obviously some can't turn up every game, but would if they could I would hope

"A genuine swans fan" on 15:11 - Dec 24 with 1022 viewsperchrockjack

"A genuine swans fan" on 10:04 - Dec 24 by builthjack

Obviously some can't turn up every game, but would if they could I would hope

ignoring me? ukunt. I ll haver you Inspector Gadget

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

"A genuine swans fan" on 23:20 - Dec 24 with 963 viewsbuilthjack

"A genuine swans fan" on 15:11 - Dec 24 by perchrockjack

ignoring me? ukunt. I ll haver you Inspector Gadget

You talking to me perch?

"A genuine swans fan" on 10:42 - Dec 25 with 916 viewsepaul

Same here living in London, I try to get to what I can realistically can go to cash flow depending. If not I watch at worst on the laptop. Don't know what that makes me?

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

"A genuine swans fan" on 16:13 - Dec 25 with 887 viewsItchySphincter

"A genuine swans fan" on 09:36 - Dec 24 by QuakerJack

I know plenty who I used to play football with who took the p!ss out of us Swans fans whilst wearing their Liverpool/Manure/Villa/Newcastle tops down the pub watching Sky sports. I know for a fact that many of them are now ST holders and they aint going to support the Swans. I'm embarrassed for them.

So, someone who attends every home game may be neither a fan nor supporter except to say that by definition the pay their money so support the club nevertheless, and they are football fans. Whoever said it was semantics was right.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024