Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stewart Elvidge aka SFD 10:15 - Apr 1 with 16220 viewsFred_Talbot

Just found out that Stewart passed away in his sleep last night

I'm absolutely gutted.

RIP Stewart

Where's Fred?

Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 20:17 - Apr 1 with 3924 views_dezzy

Heard about this earlier today, totally shocked at the news, He was a true gent and would do anything to help a mate out if he could, well mate i hope you was up in heaven smiling down as bobby scored that winner, R.I.P stu. you will be sorely missed by all you knew

KHBA

Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 21:02 - Apr 1 with 3823 viewsbarryroch

Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 19:30 - Apr 1 by Reedy

Stu was a cracking fella, a top, top bloke.

Been on many away trips with him for many years to all parts of the country, he organised a cracking away day on those minibuses, he would always organise everything himself, all we had to do was turn up!

He was a proper Dale fan, very forthright in his views, but never afraid to give an opinion, had some cracking debates up and down the motorways.

But away from football, he was a genuine nice bloke, a good laugh, and someone you could trust and depend on. A family friend, everyone I've spoke to was shocked, and could only find nice, kind words. I hope those words are of some comfort to his children, and family.

A lovely family has lost a really good bloke, the world has lost a lovely man.

Thanks Stu, you were a top bloke, and will never be forgotten.

Thanks for organising so many away trips, all of which were superb fun, even if the football was dire, but most of all thank you for being such a nice man.

And from me personally, thank you.

I would like to echo every word that Rob has said. Stuart was a decent man and would help anyone whenever he could. We had many away days and every one was a joy. Will be sadly missed. Barry. R I P Stu
Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 21:42 - Apr 1 with 3767 viewsR17ALE

Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 21:02 - Apr 1 by barryroch

I would like to echo every word that Rob has said. Stuart was a decent man and would help anyone whenever he could. We had many away days and every one was a joy. Will be sadly missed. Barry. R I P Stu

I'm so pleased there has been such a pleasant thread dedicated to Stu. Not many may recall this, but when I decided to start the Dale fanzine EGP, Stu was one of the first people I approached to help out as I knew he'd say exactly what he thought, and wouldn't give a shit if he upset anyone - a fine quality imho.

I remember getting the first issue from the printers in 1993 and driving up to his Shawforth home to give him a copy. He was so excited and enthusiastic about the EGP fanzine movement, sadly long since gone to the modern world.

I think it deserves to be mentioned that he was one of a very rare breed - a bloke that switched clubs mid life. He grew up supporting Lincoln, his home town club, but later moved to Rochdale, and made friends with the wonderful Shawforth Frank, who introduced him to Dale, and he was converted back in the early 90's.

He never lost sight of that, nor did he ever lose sight of Dale, and his knowledge of the game and individual players will be missed on the terraces, as will his expertise at being able to nail an issue in 4 words where others would take 100! (he is fooking shit!)

I hope his son who posts on here is ok, and his daughter too who is a regular attendee.

And, that's two EGP currently dead. Only 3 to go!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 23:01 - Apr 1 with 3671 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 21:42 - Apr 1 by R17ALE

I'm so pleased there has been such a pleasant thread dedicated to Stu. Not many may recall this, but when I decided to start the Dale fanzine EGP, Stu was one of the first people I approached to help out as I knew he'd say exactly what he thought, and wouldn't give a shit if he upset anyone - a fine quality imho.

I remember getting the first issue from the printers in 1993 and driving up to his Shawforth home to give him a copy. He was so excited and enthusiastic about the EGP fanzine movement, sadly long since gone to the modern world.

I think it deserves to be mentioned that he was one of a very rare breed - a bloke that switched clubs mid life. He grew up supporting Lincoln, his home town club, but later moved to Rochdale, and made friends with the wonderful Shawforth Frank, who introduced him to Dale, and he was converted back in the early 90's.

He never lost sight of that, nor did he ever lose sight of Dale, and his knowledge of the game and individual players will be missed on the terraces, as will his expertise at being able to nail an issue in 4 words where others would take 100! (he is fooking shit!)

I hope his son who posts on here is ok, and his daughter too who is a regular attendee.

And, that's two EGP currently dead. Only 3 to go!

The curse of EGP must be right up there with the '27 club'..! I hope you're keeping well R17.

Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 08:53 - Apr 2 with 3550 viewsG_Dale

When my best mate suddenly passed away early last year after the bury game, the club were amazing. Amazing is an overused word, but for what they did, I am forever in the clubs debt. Ian Johnstone is the man to contact if and when the family and friends want to arrange anything

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 09:06 - Apr 2 with 3526 viewsTVOS1907

Just to add my condolences to Stewart's family.

A good bloke who was a regular at Dale games up and down the land. As R17ALE says, our friendship goes back to EGP days and EGP minibus days when the camaraderie and enjoyment of travelling to far flung places to watch Dale started to gather pace.

Dale have lost another good fan.

RIP Stewart.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 13:56 - Apr 2 with 3365 viewsFrog

Ahh, now R17dale has mentioned Stu lived in Lincoln it is indeed the guy I worked with at Pertemps in the early 90's, he was a youth player for them he told me. he lived in Blackley when I knew him. We would have lunch and 3 pints every dinner time in the Sir Ralph Abercromby on Bootle Street, a very funny guy and I'm totally shocked and saddened by his passing.

RIP mate.

Ed
Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 16:36 - Apr 2 with 3268 viewsBartRowou

RIP SFD.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Login to get fewer ads

Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 10:40 - Apr 3 with 3122 viewsbig_dave2010

Had a few away days on the fun bus with stew, I'll echo what
many have said already that he was a true gent and a true
dale fan..
R.I.P
Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 23:41 - Apr 6 with 2852 viewsDySporting

Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 23:46 - Apr 6 with 2837 viewsroccydaleian

Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 23:41 - Apr 6 by DySporting

Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 02:52 - Apr 7 with 2778 viewssoulboy

I was told this terrrible news on Saturday morning, i can only echo everything that has been said on here. Stewart was a real nice guy, a good mate and 100% Dale. He will be sorely missed by all his many friends. My thoughts go out to his family.
R.I.P. Stuart
Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 22:53 - Apr 8 with 2582 viewsBrendale1907

For those who wish to know, Stewart's funeral will be held at 3pm Monday 15th April at Rochdale Crematorium then onto the Football club afterwards.
Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 23:03 - Apr 8 with 2569 viewsjudd

Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 22:53 - Apr 8 by Brendale1907

For those who wish to know, Stewart's funeral will be held at 3pm Monday 15th April at Rochdale Crematorium then onto the Football club afterwards.

Thanks Bren.

RIP Stew.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 10:18 - Apr 9 with 2479 viewsHK_Dale

All,

I just wanted to say Thank You for all the messages of condolence. My dad was a Rochdale fan through and through, and myself and Bryony were brought up in the same way.

As mentioned, the funeral is on Monday at 3pm.

Thanks again,

Ben
Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 11:02 - Apr 9 with 2445 viewsThreeLions

Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 10:18 - Apr 9 by HK_Dale

All,

I just wanted to say Thank You for all the messages of condolence. My dad was a Rochdale fan through and through, and myself and Bryony were brought up in the same way.

As mentioned, the funeral is on Monday at 3pm.

Thanks again,

Ben

Ben, I wont be able to attend on Monday unfortunatley but will take a moment at 3pm to remember your Dad. Such a great loss he was a brilliant fella.

RIP Stew lad
Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 11:59 - Apr 9 with 2391 viewsDorsetDale

Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 11:02 - Apr 9 by ThreeLions

Ben, I wont be able to attend on Monday unfortunatley but will take a moment at 3pm to remember your Dad. Such a great loss he was a brilliant fella.

RIP Stew lad

Indeed, only knew SFD from away games but will be doing the same.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 13:34 - Apr 14 with 2243 viewsD_Dale

I didn't know Stewart, but reading the above tributes makes me wish I had. From MEN online:

STEWART ELVIDGE

Suddenly passed away on the 1st April 2013 aged 48 Years. A loved Husband, Son, Father, Brother and Uncle. A dear friend to many.

Funeral Service to take place at Rochdale Crematorium on Monday 15th April 2013 at 3.00pm.
Family flowers only please by request. Donations if desired to the
David Lewis Centre.

For all enquires please contact

F Duffy & Son Funeral Service,
254 Market Street,
Whitworth, OL12 8PW,
Tel: 01706 868696.
Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 20:17 - Apr 15 with 2068 viewsFred_Talbot

Today was the day we gave Stewart a fitting send off.

It was fantastic to see many of his family & friends present to pay tribute to the big man.

To top the day off was the presence of Keith Hill at the funeral. Maximum respect to Keith for taking the time out to show his respects to a true Dale fan.

RIP Stewart, you will never be forgotten.

Where's Fred?

Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 20:20 - Apr 15 with 2051 viewsD_Dale

Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 20:17 - Apr 15 by Fred_Talbot

It was fantastic to see many of his family & friends present to pay tribute to the big man.

To top the day off was the presence of Keith Hill at the funeral. Maximum respect to Keith for taking the time out to show his respects to a true Dale fan.

Very heartening to know not only was the club represented but in the person of Keith Hill.
Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 20:23 - Apr 15 with 2041 viewsFondles

Hope everyone gave Stu a good send off.
Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 20:55 - Apr 15 with 1999 viewsR17ALE

Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 20:23 - Apr 15 by Fondles

Hope everyone gave Stu a good send off.

I was there and it was a moving service with over 100 Dale fans present. Stewart would say "bloody hell, there would be more at Barnet away!"

But, it was a lovely send off, and I hope his children show the same strength from here, as they showed today.

Also, a special mention for Thommo who just about held himself together to deliver a belting speech.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 21:10 - Apr 15 with 1964 viewsMIlnrowdale

Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 20:55 - Apr 15 by R17ALE

I was there and it was a moving service with over 100 Dale fans present. Stewart would say "bloody hell, there would be more at Barnet away!"

But, it was a lovely send off, and I hope his children show the same strength from here, as they showed today.

Also, a special mention for Thommo who just about held himself together to deliver a belting speech.

A cracking send off for a cracking bloke, RIP Stew
Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 21:43 - Apr 15 with 1915 viewsolympicdale

Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 20:17 - Apr 15 by Fred_Talbot

That is a lovely touch from Hill, he didn't need to do that, shows the measure of him as a person that he choose to show up.

Life is a game of fate.

Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 21:53 - Apr 15 with 1885 viewsDale57

Stewart Elvidge aka SFD on 21:43 - Apr 15 by olympicdale

That is a lovely touch from Hill, he didn't need to do that, shows the measure of him as a person that he choose to show up.

Totally agree and how proud Stewarts family must have felt.You couldn't have a higher accolade,if that is the right word,to represent the club.You did good Stew lad,god bless you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024