Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad for next season 12:28 - Feb 4 with 5174 viewsDoomed

My overpaid and mostly over aged useless squad for next season in the championship, because nobody will purchase any of them at the end of the season (the few decent players we have will leave). We could easily end up being a Portsmouth, can’t see this squad getting us promoted can you?

Ferdinand
Cisse
Bosingwa
Wright-Phillips
Johnson
Zamora
Barton
Park
Green
Granero
Bothroyd
Hughes as manager because the club are still paying him!
Squad for next season on 20:59 - Feb 4 with 882 viewsbosh67

Trialist
Trialist Hill Trialist Trialist
Trialist Derry Trialist Trialist
Trialist
Odewingie

Subs: Trialist, Trialist, Trialist, Trialist, Trialist, Trialist, Ephraim.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Squad for next season on 21:16 - Feb 4 with 865 viewsderbyhoop

We'd have to listen to offers for any player just to reduce the wage bill. If so, I could see us losing Cesar, Samba, Taarabt, Granero, Remy and, possibly, Mackie and Hoilett. I wouldn't be surprised to see Barton turn his L'OM loan into a permanent deal. I'd be surprised if anybody showed any interest in Bosingwa but, if Harry continues to pick Fabio, Tal Ben Haim and Onouha ahead of him, the lazy Portugese git might decide to cut his demands and move on. I hope.

As to the rest, I'd be surprised if any were in demand. Would any of those out of contract be retained?

So that would leave a squad like
Green
Onouha
Young
Hill
Traore
Yun
SWP
Derry
M'bia
Diakite
Jenas
Zamora
AJ

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Squad for next season on 21:28 - Feb 4 with 860 viewscarrotcrunch_R

Wouldn't it be nicer if we had a post were we keep our top players who decided to stay to rectify the damage that has done and we get rid of the dross instead . You know that means keep ceasr keep remy keep samba keep taraabt keep Derry
Keep hill keep hoillet buy Townsend keep mackie keep ned and get rid of anyone that isn't committed or good enough and replace with youngsters committed to the cause and not spoilt brats. There will be posters that will say they won't want to stay . Why shouldnt they want to stay they are the ones that should be more determined to get the club back up so make em stay.
Squad for next season on 22:22 - Feb 4 with 850 viewsbaz_qpr

Squad for next season on 21:16 - Feb 4 by derbyhoop

We'd have to listen to offers for any player just to reduce the wage bill. If so, I could see us losing Cesar, Samba, Taarabt, Granero, Remy and, possibly, Mackie and Hoilett. I wouldn't be surprised to see Barton turn his L'OM loan into a permanent deal. I'd be surprised if anybody showed any interest in Bosingwa but, if Harry continues to pick Fabio, Tal Ben Haim and Onouha ahead of him, the lazy Portugese git might decide to cut his demands and move on. I hope.

As to the rest, I'd be surprised if any were in demand. Would any of those out of contract be retained?

So that would leave a squad like
Green
Onouha
Young
Hill
Traore
Yun
SWP
Derry
M'bia
Diakite
Jenas
Zamora
AJ

A massive cull of our best players will only lead us to stay in the championship

We give it a good crack with the players we have to accept we lose Adel, Cesar and Remy but no one else has a release clause and we only shift players that we dont want. Bring back Cisse and Faurlin, buy / loan another striker, and give it a bloody good go and see where we are at Christmas. We would get far better value in any sales in January anyway.

Biggest issue we will face is who will be manager, like the squad if Harry can be persuaded to give it 6 months and see where we are, that would be the best option
Squad for next season on 22:35 - Feb 4 with 842 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Squad for next season on 22:22 - Feb 4 by baz_qpr

A massive cull of our best players will only lead us to stay in the championship

We give it a good crack with the players we have to accept we lose Adel, Cesar and Remy but no one else has a release clause and we only shift players that we dont want. Bring back Cisse and Faurlin, buy / loan another striker, and give it a bloody good go and see where we are at Christmas. We would get far better value in any sales in January anyway.

Biggest issue we will face is who will be manager, like the squad if Harry can be persuaded to give it 6 months and see where we are, that would be the best option

If Adkins is still available somehow and Redknapp leaves I would go for him, if not Sean O'Driscoll or Karl Robinson

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Squad for next season on 22:52 - Feb 4 with 831 viewsTearsOfaClown

having so many old players who are crocked - why not be really adventurous and bring forward the youth squad???

When we watch the underdogs doing well in the FA Cup they seem to have a few young 17/18/19 year olds who play really well.

If not - then abandon the youth squads at QPR and open up a Darby and Joan Club for our current squad.
Squad for next season on 22:52 - Feb 4 with 833 viewsderbyhoop

I don't think you saw a massive clear out at Bolton, Blackburn or Wolves, the 3 sides relegated last year. None are in the top half.
There are very few poor sides in the Championship, just not many really good ones. It is much, much harder to get out of that level than to finish 17th in the PL. Although the quality is lower.
Even if we managed to hang on to our better players, would we really come straight back up? The cut in TV income alone would mean considerable backing from Tony F and the others to cover the losses.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Squad for next season on 22:58 - Feb 4 with 830 viewsLblock

I've accepted our fate for some while but will maintain a slim silver of hope

However

Why do people assume we will fall apart in 2 months over the summer?

Ever heard of PARACHUTE PAYMENTS?
Even without these I suspect a fighting fund from our owners would be more considerable than most clubs back down there. What is key is to use whatever budget wisely and have a two year plan with some back up eventuality allowances

I think we will be surprised at who stays / goes and this will largely hinge on who is Manager.

I've no idea but what I do know is its been a long time since any part of a season has been boring at QPR!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Squad for next season on 23:09 - Feb 4 with 824 viewsJamie

Squad for next season on 22:58 - Feb 4 by Lblock

I've accepted our fate for some while but will maintain a slim silver of hope

However

Why do people assume we will fall apart in 2 months over the summer?

Ever heard of PARACHUTE PAYMENTS?
Even without these I suspect a fighting fund from our owners would be more considerable than most clubs back down there. What is key is to use whatever budget wisely and have a two year plan with some back up eventuality allowances

I think we will be surprised at who stays / goes and this will largely hinge on who is Manager.

I've no idea but what I do know is its been a long time since any part of a season has been boring at QPR!!!!

Parachute payments are £16m for next season. That wouldn't pay our wage bill more than a couple of months. If/when we are relegated, a large swath of the squad will have to go.
Squad for next season on 05:10 - Feb 5 with 813 viewsBeaufort27

Squad for next season on 13:15 - Feb 4 by Jamie

------Murphy----

Haim--Ferdinand--Hill--Yun

Park--Jenas--Derry--SWP

-----Zamora--Johnson---

Diakite, Samba, Remy, Green, Cesar, Taarabt, Faurlin, Mackie, Onouha, Hoilett, Granero, Mbia gone with us taking a huge hit to get rid.

Good god, if that's our team for the Championship next year i'm putting money on relegation!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024