Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another trip to nostalgia land. 20:16 - Sep 10 with 3432 viewsSnipper

None of this not celebrating against your former club here. 😂😂

Another trip to nostalgia land. on 14:22 - Sep 12 with 2149 viewsTheChef

Top celebration

And Gary Chivers scoring for the other lot, and he'd end up playing for us.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Another trip to nostalgia land. on 14:37 - Sep 12 with 2100 viewsAitch

Three of that team in blue ended up playing for QPR. And I couldn't stand Clive Walker when he played for them.

TPFKA Stans_Left_Foot

Another trip to nostalgia land. on 14:40 - Sep 12 with 2085 viewsJuzzie

Great goal reaction by Langley. That's how you do it, none of this "I'm-showing-no-emotions" schit.
Another trip to nostalgia land. on 14:49 - Sep 12 with 2037 viewsLandshark

This is before my time. I have a couple of questions...

Why did Tommy Langley only last one season? Purchased for 400k, sold a year later for 200k.

I always associate Chris Woods with Sheffield Wednesday, purchased for 250k by QPR, sold 2 seasons later for 225k, he went on to have a very successful career. Why did it not work out at QPR?
Another trip to nostalgia land. on 15:39 - Sep 12 with 1927 viewsCamberleyR

Another trip to nostalgia land. on 14:49 - Sep 12 by Landshark

Why did Tommy Langley only last one season? Purchased for 400k, sold a year later for 200k.

I always associate Chris Woods with Sheffield Wednesday, purchased for 250k by QPR, sold 2 seasons later for 225k, he went on to have a very successful career. Why did it not work out at QPR?

I would say in response to both questions was that both players were bought by Tommy Docherty and when Terry Venables took over from him he fancied neither of them really, Woods especially.

Woods was basically just a 20 year old kid when he played for us who'd only played a handful of games for Forest (mostly in the League Cup for a cup tied Shilton) and was learning on the job really so there were the expected errors, although I don't remember him being that bad. Pretty much soon after TV became boss he raided his old team Palace and John Burridge was one of them and that was him pretty much done at Rangers.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Another trip to nostalgia land. on 15:47 - Sep 12 with 1858 viewsTheChef

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Langley

Quite the journeyman.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Another trip to nostalgia land. on 16:21 - Sep 12 with 1766 viewsterryb

Another trip to nostalgia land. on 14:49 - Sep 12 by Landshark

IMO Woods was a major reason that we fell well short of promotion that season & I was delighted when he left for Norwich.

Norwich did make a big profit on him though, selling him to Glasgow for £600k & it might be that the main problem with his time at Rangers was inexperience. I still think that Hucker was a better 'keeper.
Another trip to nostalgia land. on 18:31 - Sep 12 with 1513 viewscharmr

I was in those seats on the side opposite the East stand with a ch3/se@ mate. They kept singing ‘we’re going to shoot Tommy Langley’ to the tune of one telemela, check spelling.
Scored. Came over and they went mental. Rough place SB in those days.
Login to get fewer ads

Another trip to nostalgia land. on 18:37 - Sep 12 with 1502 viewscharmr

You can find that shirt at www.football-room-xyv

How do I know because I bugged him to make it and took liberty in putting the badge on it. it’s a thing of beauty.
[Post edited 12 Sep 18:41]
Another trip to nostalgia land. on 19:51 - Sep 12 with 1308 viewsTomS

That video brings me right back to my youth. Currie wearing Number 10, cars at Stamford Bridge, the two fingered salute, fans clapping in unison.... marvelous.
Another trip to nostalgia land. on 19:56 - Sep 12 with 1286 viewsBoston

Another trip to nostalgia land. on 18:31 - Sep 12 by charmr

I was in those seats on the side opposite the East stand with a ch3/se@ mate. They kept singing ‘we’re going to shoot Tommy Langley’ to the tune of one telemela, check spelling.

Exactly, they gave him dogs abuse from the minute he ran on the pitch.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Another trip to nostalgia land. on 11:39 - Sep 13 with 743 viewsTomS

Another trip to nostalgia land. on 18:31 - Sep 12 by charmr

Prompted by this thread, I looked at a couple of the programmes I have from that season. In one "Michael Wale Report" which was a regular column in the programmes, notably written a few weeks before that match, he referenced SB.

"I am always accusing Rangers fans of not making enough noise. But there is a borderline between good humoured ribaldry and needless violence, and I think the levels of violence reflect the grounds that breed it. Notably the shed at Chelsea. Literally a barn of a place, an invitation to lunacy."
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024