Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Mel Nurse Bar 09:58 - Aug 6 with 3525 viewsDr_Winston

Good move now they can start pulling all the Rugby crap off the walls.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Mel Nurse Bar on 10:02 - Aug 6 with 2113 viewsAnotherJohn

Nice to see recognition for a Swans stalwart. He was critical in the rescue of the club and did not line his own pocket,
The Mel Nurse Bar on 11:21 - Aug 6 with 2016 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Mel Nurse Bar on 10:02 - Aug 6 by AnotherJohn

Nice to see recognition for a Swans stalwart. He was critical in the rescue of the club and did not line his own pocket,

No one lind their own pockets. Nurse sold his shares and that is what all the others did as well. What is the difference?

The only one shareholder failed to cash in their chips and will see their holding drop from 21% to 5% and due to poor management there is nothing they can do about it.

Mr Nurse is a great man for Swansea city no doubt about it and deserves his bar.
[Post edited 6 Aug 11:22]

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Mel Nurse Bar on 11:28 - Aug 6 with 1987 viewsWhiterockin

I'm one for nostalgia and would have preferred "The new Harry Griffiths bar". But both are worthy names.
The Mel Nurse Bar on 12:14 - Aug 6 with 1905 viewsDoubeDoube

why rugby "crap"
The Mel Nurse Bar on 12:15 - Aug 6 with 1901 viewsKeithHaynes

The Mel Nurse Bar on 11:21 - Aug 6 by ReslovenSwan1

No one lind their own pockets. Nurse sold his shares and that is what all the others did as well. What is the difference?

The only one shareholder failed to cash in their chips and will see their holding drop from 21% to 5% and due to poor management there is nothing they can do about it.

Mr Nurse is a great man for Swansea city no doubt about it and deserves his bar.
[Post edited 6 Aug 11:22]

Came along too late when all the ground work and graft had been done 18 months before.

Can’t argue with his efforts, but he made money out of it, if I recall a car park close by ?

Anyway, a nice gesture.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Mel Nurse Bar on 12:28 - Aug 6 with 1854 viewsDr_Winston

The Mel Nurse Bar on 12:14 - Aug 6 by DoubeDoube

why rugby "crap"

When Wimbledon and Charlton played at Selhurst Park did Crystal Palace plaster the walls of their ground with images of their players? Did Birmingham feel obligated to do it for Coventry?

The Swans have had full operational control of the stadium for well over six years. Every bit of Rugby imagery should have been pulled down the day after.
[Post edited 6 Aug 12:31]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Mel Nurse Bar on 12:32 - Aug 6 with 1828 viewsvetchonian

The Mel Nurse Bar on 12:15 - Aug 6 by KeithHaynes

Came along too late when all the ground work and graft had been done 18 months before.

Can’t argue with his efforts, but he made money out of it, if I recall a car park close by ?

Anyway, a nice gesture.

He wanted to buy the club before it was sold to Petty but Mike Lewis refused to sell it to him.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Mel Nurse Bar on 12:37 - Aug 6 with 1796 viewsFireboy2

The Mel Nurse Bar on 12:15 - Aug 6 by KeithHaynes

Anyway, a nice gesture.

I know he did his bit for the swans but I have a far different opinion on him and it isn't good.

Nothing to do with the swans more to do with his business ventures.
Login to get fewer ads

The Mel Nurse Bar on 12:55 - Aug 6 with 1749 viewsDoubeDoube

The Mel Nurse Bar on 12:28 - Aug 6 by Dr_Winston

When Wimbledon and Charlton played at Selhurst Park did Crystal Palace plaster the walls of their ground with images of their players? Did Birmingham feel obligated to do it for Coventry?

The Swans have had full operational control of the stadium for well over six years. Every bit of Rugby imagery should have been pulled down the day after.
[Post edited 6 Aug 12:31]

why is it crap though? Why are you triggered by it? odd
The Mel Nurse Bar on 12:59 - Aug 6 with 1726 viewsonehunglow

The Mel Nurse Bar on 12:55 - Aug 6 by DoubeDoube

why is it crap though? Why are you triggered by it? odd

Some see rugby a threat to football.
Many were forced to play it at school when they weren’t physically equipped to be comfortable playing rugby .
You get hurt,every game .
Watching footballers now makes me think they and the game is crap.
All pretend to be injured at every juncture of the game .
Morally,football stinks with the fans being shat on from a great height .
We all know this

Rugby and its crap artefacts are no worse an edifice than football . It’s just some detest the game in Wales and all it stands for
Finally ,Alun Wyn Jones ,a Swansea man and world record cap holder ,has a world sporting profile on another planet compared to our football club s Matthew Grimes
[Post edited 6 Aug 13:02]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Mel Nurse Bar on 13:04 - Aug 6 with 1710 viewsDoubeDoube

The Mel Nurse Bar on 12:59 - Aug 6 by onehunglow

Many were forced to play it at school when they weren’t physically equipped to be comfortable playing rugby .
We all know this

Rugby and its crap artefacts are no worse an edifice than football . It’s just some detest the game in Wales and all it stands for
Finally ,Alun Wyn Jones ,a Swansea man and world record cap holder ,has a world sporting profile on another planet compared to our football club s Matthew Grimes

i love both personally. Football could learn a lot from rugby imho.

great critique btw
The Mel Nurse Bar on 13:07 - Aug 6 with 1686 viewsonehunglow

The Mel Nurse Bar on 13:04 - Aug 6 by DoubeDoube

great critique btw

Me too.
I was u fortunate to be reasonable at both
Many rugby skills are transferable to rugby
Benny could play ,Gareth Edwards was very handy and many others
Socially,rugby is still better as more respect for officials.
Football looks disgusting with players eye balls bulging haranguing a hapless chap in black. Ironically and significantly,females less so. Female officials look far better in handling players ( no pun intended)

Rugby ,both Union and league, are great games

The Mel Nurse Bar on 13:14 - Aug 6 with 1669 viewsvetchonian

The Mel Nurse Bar on 12:37 - Aug 6 by Fireboy2

I know he did his bit for the swans but I have a far different opinion on him and it isn't good.

Nothing to do with the swans more to do with his business ventures.

Sandfileds residents used to think he was great...
And he was fair to his tenants.....but obviously you know more than me

The Mel Nurse Bar on 13:19 - Aug 6 with 1645 viewsonehunglow

The Mel Nurse Bar on 13:14 - Aug 6 by vetchonian

Never heard anything negative about him until now

The Mel Nurse Bar on 13:19 - Aug 6 with 1646 viewsFlashberryjack

The Mel Nurse Bar on 13:04 - Aug 6 by DoubeDoube

great critique btw

Like you, I enjoy football and rugby, but football is my first love, and I had no objections to rugby shirts displayed in the Riverside bar whilst it was the home of the Ospreys.

But, it's not their home anymore, so it's logical that the rugby shirts and murals should be removed before the new season kicks off.

As for renaming the Riverside lounge, I don't know how many have an opinion on this (I mean the ones that actually frequent it) but Harry Griffiths, Mel Nurse or the John Toshack bar would be fine with me.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Mel Nurse Bar on 13:30 - Aug 6 with 1610 viewsFireboy2

The Mel Nurse Bar on 13:14 - Aug 6 by vetchonian

Yeah I do mate, don't want to blurt it out on here as I will get pelters.
The Mel Nurse Bar on 13:36 - Aug 6 with 1596 viewsonehunglow

Fess II able to say no Nurse,no swans

The Mel Nurse Bar on 14:16 - Aug 6 with 1534 viewsjack247

The Mel Nurse Bar on 12:59 - Aug 6 by onehunglow

We all know this

It’s a false and lazy perception. Maybe when we were in league one and Ospreys had Shane Williams, Henson, Hook and the rest.

Ospreys downsizing dramatically should put to bed any argument over which is our national sport.

I enjoy both. I’ll admit I’m a bit of a rugby plastic and only really care about the six nations and the World Cup, but that probably goes for 90% of people who watch it.

Actually think it’s a great sport and it’s a shame it’s not better supported. I’m as guilty of that as anyone.
The Mel Nurse Bar on 14:32 - Aug 6 with 1510 viewsKeithHaynes

The Mel Nurse Bar on 12:32 - Aug 6 by vetchonian

He wanted to buy the club before it was sold to Petty but Mike Lewis refused to sell it to him.

Being very much involved at that time 1997 onwards getting rid of Silver Shield to the fans takeover I can’t comment as I didn’t hear that at all. The meetings, private and open before the actual sale were something we were very much a part of. Bristol, Birmingham, Swindon, Swansea etc where the likes of Leigh Dineen and Richard Lillycrap guided things extremely well. Mel wasn’t involved in any of that. Once the trust was formed the Gloucester supporters group took a step back ( location wasn’t a help ) Phil had moved back to the area, carried on and the rest is history.

This post has been edited by an administrator

The Mel Nurse Bar on 14:47 - Aug 6 with 1476 viewsvetchonian

The Mel Nurse Bar on 14:32 - Aug 6 by KeithHaynes

Being very much involved at that time 1997 onwards getting rid of Silver Shield to the fans takeover I can’t comment as I didn’t hear that at all. The meetings, private and open before the actual sale were something we were very much a part of. Bristol, Birmingham, Swindon, Swansea etc where the likes of Leigh Dineen and Richard Lillycrap guided things extremely well. Mel wasn’t involved in any of that. Once the trust was formed the Gloucester supporters group took a step back ( location wasn’t a help ) Phil had moved back to the area, carried on and the rest is history.

I was present when Mike Lewis made the statement at a Swans golf day at Clyne golf club.....Mel was there and Lewis was blowing smoke up his arse I think it's when he built the bar behind the North bank...it was rumoured the new owners would be at the after golf function but Lewis stayed there were still no owners and that he had turned down an offer from Mel.Silver Shiled had gone Ninth Floor bit still Neil McClure sold the club to Lewis for ÂŁ1 on the understanding the debt was repaid.....it was that debt which Mel bought to scupper Petty
[Post edited 6 Aug 14:51]

The Mel Nurse Bar on 14:59 - Aug 6 with 1439 viewsDoubeDoube

The Mel Nurse Bar on 13:19 - Aug 6 by Flashberryjack

Like you, I enjoy football and rugby, but football is my first love, and I had no objections to rugby shirts displayed in the Riverside bar whilst it was the home of the Ospreys.

But, it's not their home anymore, so it's logical that the rugby shirts and murals should be removed before the new season kicks off.

As for renaming the Riverside lounge, I don't know how many have an opinion on this (I mean the ones that actually frequent it) but Harry Griffiths, Mel Nurse or the John Toshack bar would be fine with me.

i think it still is for the time being
The Mel Nurse Bar on 15:47 - Aug 6 with 1371 viewstheloneranger

The Mel Nurse Bar on 14:47 - Aug 6 by vetchonian

I was present when Mike Lewis made the statement at a Swans golf day at Clyne golf club.....Mel was there and Lewis was blowing smoke up his arse I think it's when he built the bar behind the North bank...it was rumoured the new owners would be at the after golf function but Lewis stayed there were still no owners and that he had turned down an offer from Mel.Silver Shiled had gone Ninth Floor bit still Neil McClure sold the club to Lewis for ÂŁ1 on the understanding the debt was repaid.....it was that debt which Mel bought to scupper Petty
[Post edited 6 Aug 14:51]

Mel bought the club shop and car park, just before he bought the debt of former owners Ninth Floor.

The debt at the time was rumoured to be approx ÂŁ800,000, but Ninth Floor sold it for considerably less.

Alan Wix was Ninth Floor chairman at the time, and had no time for Petty - being from Glynneath he knew the history of the Swans and was happy to do a deal with Mel - putting pressure on Petty.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Mel Nurse Bar on 15:55 - Aug 6 with 1352 viewsKeithHaynes

The Mel Nurse Bar on 15:47 - Aug 6 by theloneranger

Mel bought the club shop and car park, just before he bought the debt of former owners Ninth Floor.

The debt at the time was rumoured to be approx ÂŁ800,000, but Ninth Floor sold it for considerably less.

Alan Wix was Ninth Floor chairman at the time, and had no time for Petty - being from Glynneath he knew the history of the Swans and was happy to do a deal with Mel - putting pressure on Petty.

Passage of time maybe, but that would have been post our involvement early 2001. Just happy to have done our bit for no money or business interests.

Would be interested to see a form of link to Mel paying off ninth floor. Knew about the car park etc.

The Mel Nurse Bar on 16:13 - Aug 6 with 1310 viewsvetchonian

The Mel Nurse Bar on 15:55 - Aug 6 by KeithHaynes

Passage of time maybe, but that would have been post our involvement early 2001. Just happy to have done our bit for no money or business interests.

Would be interested to see a form of link to Mel paying off ninth floor. Knew about the car park etc.

A lot of water has gone under the bridge....silver shiled/9th floor only got involved through Steve Hamer brother of trust stalwart Nigel.....the ultimate aim was development of the commercial units at Morfa but the council at the time decided they would look after the commercial units and the club should build the sya6....as it happens in the end the council built the stadium and another Consortium built and fan the retail park.
Many people contributed the pressure groups and then the Trustaling with Mel whose buying of the debt I thought it was about ÂŁ475000? He paid finally allowing Petty to be ousted .
Folk think our current owners are bad ....we ve seen worse

The Mel Nurse Bar on 16:15 - Aug 6 with 1285 viewsonehunglow

The Mel Nurse Bar on 14:16 - Aug 6 by jack247

It’s a false and lazy perception. Maybe when we were in league one and Ospreys had Shane Williams, Henson, Hook and the rest.

Ospreys downsizing dramatically should put to bed any argument over which is our national sport.

I enjoy both. I’ll admit I’m a bit of a rugby plastic and only really care about the six nations and the World Cup, but that probably goes for 90% of people who watch it.

Actually think it’s a great sport and it’s a shame it’s not better supported. I’m as guilty of that as anyone.

The perception regarding behaviour and attitude of footballers,certainly in the Prem as cheating diving jerks is real .
Talk to anyone next time on holidays on a bar just chilling casually about sport .
Millions have turned their back on football seeing it as dirty ,corrupt and self important

Sadly,the name of Swansea should have stayed in the professional era we have .
Neath - Swansea ffs.

This is a truly historic rugby town/ city and one that has seen glory alright . That is not something to be proud about .

Decent exchange anyway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024