Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Losing the Will 13:54 - Jul 21 with 3635 viewsGVJack

I normally love looking at the threads on here at this time of year, getting excited for the unknown of the season ahead. But just not got the mojo yet this summer.

Looking at the first page in this board today (excluding pinned posts) there are 33 topics, 8 of which are directly linked to Swansea football.

Those 8 are:-

1 about a new kit
2 about ex players
1 about pricing
1 about a friendly match and post match interview with Manager*
1 about potential friendlies in the future
1 about a possible new striker*
1 about our squad strength*

So of those 8 only 3* I am finding relevant to give me any sense of excitement next year.

What's happening? I think the couple of new boys signed last week are good signings and will strengthen the squad, but we're still looking at a mid-top half team at best next season. Maybe the board/owners are content with that. But if we want to make a real go at it and look to finish in the top 6 to have any chance of promotion, we need 2-3 QUALITY signings in soon to kick start the season and find some early momentum to get the confidence up!

Just too add - this isn't a dig and the posters/moderators/contributors to this forum, just how I'm feeling with so little coming out of the club at the moment. Seems to be a real lack of ambition!
[Post edited 21 Jul 14:15]
Losing the Will on 14:24 - Jul 21 with 2070 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

It’s still relatively early days yet. If you’re looking for a bit of drama you can always come and join in with the bollocks we spout on the non football board.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Losing the Will on 14:30 - Jul 21 with 2058 viewsRhonddaSwans

Yeah the rumour mill is quite as hell.
Honestly I am allways super excited for the start of the season.
But at the moment things are not looking good.

Poll: Will you be at the swd sunday?

Losing the Will on 14:43 - Jul 21 with 2019 viewsGVJack

Losing the Will on 14:24 - Jul 21 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

It’s still relatively early days yet. If you’re looking for a bit of drama you can always come and join in with the bollocks we spout on the non football board.

The amount of non-football /swans topics on here I thought I was already on it
Losing the Will on 14:55 - Jul 21 with 1989 viewsWhiterockin

We have a fan engagement day (no interest to me) and a home friendly we didn't have a week ago, apart from that nothing really is happening I agree. I don't think I've ever known such a quiet summer, saying that we normally dispense with the services of the manager/coach.
Losing the Will on 15:26 - Jul 21 with 1933 viewsonehunglow

Could not agree more
We seem to be not learning at all.
We have done the right thing with “ binning” Yates but my opinion is we get a replacement in line before doing so
Sorry to go on about it but Fisher should simply not be at our club at all.
Either we should have tried to sell him at firesale price or simply rip his contract up. He’s a bad debt and needs must as he will cost us dear if he ever starts a game for us in anger .

I have never been less enthused,and great fans excepted,I’d suggest thousands feel the same . There seems little to truly excite .

Our fall from the Orem still resonates ,at least for me. Unforgivable ,no matter what sone might think .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Losing the Will on 16:57 - Jul 21 with 1824 viewsKeithHaynes

If it ain’t news or there is none, whadya gonna do 🤷🏻‍♂️

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Losing the Will on 18:15 - Jul 21 with 1731 viewsSullutaCreturned

Losing the Will on 16:57 - Jul 21 by KeithHaynes

If it ain’t news or there is none, whadya gonna do 🤷🏻‍♂️

Spout bollo on the non football board, I say that in the certainty that I have been doing just that

There's more fun these days in being an agent provocateur
Losing the Will on 18:43 - Jul 21 with 1687 viewsFireboy2

Just read perchs posts, they should keep you amused.
Login to get fewer ads

Losing the Will on 19:29 - Jul 21 with 1667 viewsvetchonian

Losing the Will on 14:55 - Jul 21 by Whiterockin

We have a fan engagement day (no interest to me) and a home friendly we didn't have a week ago, apart from that nothing really is happening I agree. I don't think I've ever known such a quiet summer, saying that we normally dispense with the services of the manager/coach.

Seems supposed long term fans have short memories
I remember the da6s with no pre season friendlies and looking at the Evening Post for John Burgums reports non who we had signed
Even during that summer running yo to our debut in rhe first division

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Losing the Will on 19:50 - Jul 21 with 1653 viewsonehunglow

Losing the Will on 18:43 - Jul 21 by Fireboy2

Just read perchs posts, they should keep you amused.

Why?
Why
Rather that insult this site by DM me ,then yiu can have another laugh with your chum .

Losing the Will on 19:54 - Jul 21 with 1647 viewsonehunglow

Sad to see folk looking to insult( however subtlety) those whose opinions they don’t like .
I speak frankly.
I am honest
Anyone is free to debate with me in private
It is true that a few posters on here have turned me against ever watching us ever again because ,when at a game,one is drawn into thinking, who is he and what is he really like .
I’ve been at games with my English son and heard the anti English crap. Last time was at Pride Park . He never came again.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Losing the Will on 19:57 - Jul 21 with 1644 viewsonehunglow

Losing the Will on 19:29 - Jul 21 by vetchonian

I remember the da6s with no pre season friendlies and looking at the Evening Post for John Burgums reports non who we had signed

And many will never forget the glory days of our rise to the Prem and previously to the 1st Divison .
Anyone reflecting on these days gets crap because of where we are now ,ie,without a pot to pyss in, struggling to attract talent,unable to compete wages wise and this is seen as risible by sone

Our club,I reckon is unique ,in having fans who grade others.

Losing the Will on 21:57 - Jul 21 with 1535 viewsbuilthjack

Losing the Will on 19:50 - Jul 21 by onehunglow

Why?
Why
Rather that insult this site by DM me ,then yiu can have another laugh with your chum .

Who is his chum?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Losing the Will on 21:59 - Jul 21 with 1530 viewsFireboy2

Losing the Will on 21:57 - Jul 21 by builthjack

Who is his chum?

I have loads 😍
Losing the Will on 22:56 - Jul 21 with 1482 viewsbuilthjack

Losing the Will on 21:59 - Jul 21 by Fireboy2

I have loads 😍

Do they all laugh at him?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Losing the Will on 04:20 - Jul 22 with 1426 viewsWhiterockin

Football has changed and we need to change with it or get left behind. We are in the time of the Internet reading the local paper for information are of times long gone. To compare is quite ridiculous.
Losing the Will on 08:53 - Jul 22 with 1286 viewsFireboy2

Losing the Will on 22:56 - Jul 21 by builthjack

Do they all laugh at him?

No, just pity him 😞
Losing the Will on 09:17 - Jul 22 with 1281 viewsraynor94

I don't think it's the long term fans who have short memories, it's more the younger fans who have only known success are finding it difficult.

I can remember the days when I would dream of being in division 2, be careful what you wish for

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Losing the Will on 10:00 - Jul 22 with 1210 viewsonehunglow

Losing the Will on 09:17 - Jul 22 by raynor94

I don't think it's the long term fans who have short memories, it's more the younger fans who have only known success are finding it difficult.

I can remember the days when I would dream of being in division 2, be careful what you wish for

Long term fans have long memories
It’s why we rejoiced and puffed our chests out when we made it to the top.
In any sport, the top is always the aim,otherwise it’s pointless .

That said,long term,short term,it doesn’t matter
We are all fans of this glorious mess of a club

Losing the Will on 10:48 - Jul 22 with 1165 views3swan

Losing the Will on 09:17 - Jul 22 by raynor94

True

Ok I might have a slight bias as I've seen the promotion to the top twice, so lets say I can 'settle' for a period in the championship.

That being said I will only settle if the football is entertaining enough and not coming away from matches thinking why did I bother and a waste of money.
Sadly over the last few seasons there have been more matches like that.

Imo the club is drifting along with no proper leadership or direction.

Maybe it's a wrong comparison but years ago (tinted glasses maybe) but the club seemed more united and fans accepted that the best was being done.

Not sure I can say the same today
Losing the Will on 10:55 - Jul 22 with 1153 viewsraynor94

Losing the Will on 10:48 - Jul 22 by 3swan

True

Ok I might have a slight bias as I've seen the promotion to the top twice, so lets say I can 'settle' for a period in the championship.

That being said I will only settle if the football is entertaining enough and not coming away from matches thinking why did I bother and a waste of money.

Maybe it's a wrong comparison but years ago (tinted glasses maybe) but the club seemed more united and fans accepted that the best was being done.

Same here seeing two promotions, but I do agree we do seem to be drifting along.

Slight scare last season, which was due to a bad start under Duff, we can't afford the same mistake

This division is becoming ever more competitive

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Losing the Will on 10:57 - Jul 22 with 1150 viewsonehunglow

True

We were absolutely more United
However,we didn’t have divisive but compulsive football forums
I can’t believe what I read sometimes
Every fans shouod want the best.
It’s not realistic,true,and not sensible but it’s football and the Ties that Bind are very strong and life long .
[Post edited 22 Jul 10:57]

Losing the Will on 11:26 - Jul 22 with 1127 viewsKeithHaynes

Dougie days.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Losing the Will on 12:15 - Jul 22 with 1061 viewspencoedjack

True

Agree Russell Martin did it for me, bored senseless watching tippy tappy football with no end product (until the end of the season).

The problem is once you stop going it's difficult to get back into it, I had been an ST holder up until last season & very rarely missed a home game in decades.

I'll pick & choose my games this season.
Losing the Will on 13:03 - Jul 22 with 1028 views3swan

Losing the Will on 10:57 - Jul 22 by onehunglow

We were absolutely more United
However,we didn’t have divisive but compulsive football forums
I can’t believe what I read sometimes
Every fans shouod want the best.
It’s not realistic,true,and not sensible but it’s football and the Ties that Bind are very strong and life long .
[Post edited 22 Jul 10:57]

My comment about united was more a perception about the club than the fans.

Back then we weren't able to get the thoughts and outlook of so many fans that the internet has brought.

Even now we only read a fraction of the fanbase, even though back in the day, when life was simpler, there would have been divisions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024