Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spurs Reflection 17:41 - Jul 20 with 13971 viewsbluenwhite10

Don’t really care about the score today as there was lots of positives to take away from today’s game.

Nardi looks like a massive upgrade on cheaper wages I guess.

Defence looked good

Midfield held its own considering no Field and Chair, but Dixon B gives the ball away far too many times.

1st time in a long time our back up players did not look out of place.

Alfie Lloyd looked a handful.

Lots of positive from today.

Kollli seems to come back from injury well and looked sharp.

Cook and Clarke- Salter looked. Quality as per normal but against world class players in Son.

Once again great performance when you consider the total cost of our + subs probably = o ne of there players and yes the 1st goal was quality.

Spurs Reflection on 22:02 - Jul 20 with 3261 viewsNortholt_Rs

Spurs Reflection on 18:10 - Jul 20 by StreathamRanger

From my seat in the lower loft, it looked like Anderson couldn't really keep up with the pace and power of premier league players. He's class but lack of pace probably why he's playing at this level.

Cook and JCS were excellent. Some said Paal had a bad game but I thought he did okay. Jimmy was solid.

Nardi looks a superb buy on that showing. So nice to see a decisive goalie who's happy to have the ball played to his feet.

EDB was busy without being amazing. Kolli looked like he could deputise for Chair if he's sold or injured.

Frey definitely a bit more mobile. Wasn't particularly impressed with the new Brazilian. He might struggle with the physical side of the English game.

Young players coming on in the second half were a breath of fresh air and you could see Marti was very pleased with their high press.

Overall an enjoyable game even if it was a bit hot in the lower loft for my five year old. The free caps came in handy.

I thought Paal was constantly exposed. Most of the Spurs threat came down our left side particularly in the first 45 mins and we needed some heroic saves to keep us in the game.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Spurs Reflection on 22:03 - Jul 20 with 3259 viewsNortholt_Rs

Spurs Reflection on 18:13 - Jul 20 by stantheman10

Unbelievable people on here saying Santos ain’t up to it! He’s played a half of a friendly against premier league opposition ffs!

He was poor though tbf. Early days and all that….

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Spurs Reflection on 22:15 - Jul 20 with 3173 viewsNorthantsHoop

Spurs Reflection on 22:03 - Jul 20 by Northolt_Rs

He was poor though tbf. Early days and all that….

Thought we played well today and matched Spurs, they just had the Prem quality to win it. My God the pitch looked fabulous, if it stays as is we are going to reap the benefits.
Spurs Reflection on 22:18 - Jul 20 with 3160 viewsEsox_Lucius

The most surprising thing for me was learning Spurs have a female manager; Angela Costabobortwo.

The grass is always greener.

Spurs Reflection on 22:22 - Jul 20 with 3134 viewsbaz_qpr

I really enjoyed today, good football from both sides.

Key takeaways for me:

One of the real differences was the pace in and movement in the middle of the park from Spurs. I thought EDB and Colback both struggled at times and Paal was left exposed a lot first half. Centre mid is an area we definitely need to strengthen in.

Lack of pace actually was an issue for us throughout, as was lack of ball carriers (Smyth apart)

EDB looked heavy and slower than I remember

JCS and Cook looked comfortable against Premiership strikers.

1st half a lot of good work down the right, Smyth had a good half.

The offside goal was a fantastic move and play from us, shame

I thought Frey had an effective game, still slow but was nuisance and took the disallowed goal well.

Kolli obviously a stand out 1st half and this could be his breakout season, has a great touch, and shot, should keep Ilias on his toes.

The Danish Jesus takes a wicked corner

Brilliant saves from Nardi very impressive.

Spurs seemed fitter than us (but we know about our approach to this from last season)

Was pretty impressed with the dev squad players in the last 20 minutes. The two Alfies really stood out for me. Lloyd being strong direct and there looks a player there. But was particularly impressed with Alfie Tuck in centre midfield, not heard of this kid but the way he in one passage of play won the ball and then drove forward gliding past some Spurs players like prime Eze was a surprise.

And of course Dykes misses a sitter
[Post edited 20 Jul 22:23]
Spurs Reflection on 22:41 - Jul 20 with 3038 viewswombat

Spurs Reflection on 19:43 - Jul 20 by stainrods_elbow

Especially as (i) that's exactly our ground capacity (amongst, weirdly, two or three figures in general circulation) and (ii) there was a whole bank of empty seats in the Paddock.
[Post edited 20 Jul 21:50]

17450 I think is our full capacity these days and half the west paddock was kept empty , I presume to spurs

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Spurs Reflection on 22:43 - Jul 20 with 3032 viewsmart_Goblin

Lots of positives to take from today .

I don’t think we can be too critical for the most part although I know a few are.
First proper game of pre season whilst Spurs beat Hearts 5-1 midweek .
I thought our youngsters matched theirs for the last half hour . Not just in quality , but attitude and fitness too.

Not about winning but about how we react and compete with top class players in a demanding match and I thought we did pretty well.
Won’t play anyone better than that in the upcoming season and that bodes very well.

Chair, Fiield abd Cellar to come in too
Spurs Reflection on 22:59 - Jul 20 with 2965 viewspriceyparkrangers

Spurs Reflection on 21:24 - Jul 20 by stowmarketrange

I agree with your comments on most things,but what I saw from the lower loft in the 1st half,Nardi is very much one footed.I think teams will work that out quite quickly and pressure him more.I only saw him touch it with his left once during the opening 45 mins.
I can’t comment on his 2nd half kicking as it was a long way away from me.
Some absolutely blinding stops from the one on ones though.

Fair comment on the one footed although I based my comments on watching his training before the match as well when he was definitely using both feet well
Login to get fewer ads

Spurs Reflection on 23:07 - Jul 20 with 2938 viewssmudgehoop

Really enjoyed the game and the overall performance against a top 6 PL team bodes well.

Given that there was no chair and willock I thought we adapted well.

Does this mean we are sticking with 4-2-3-1 as our preferred system over switching to 4-3-3?

Spurs Reflection on 23:25 - Jul 20 with 2865 viewsstowmarketrange

Spurs Reflection on 22:59 - Jul 20 by priceyparkrangers

Fair comment on the one footed although I based my comments on watching his training before the match as well when he was definitely using both feet well

I didn’t see the warm up as I didn’t get into the ground until about 2.45,and I’ll take your word about him in practice.I think he will struggle a bit if everything has to be on his right foot,especially with us trying to play out from the back.Some of those passes with his right foot were superb though.
Spurs Reflection on 00:12 - Jul 21 with 2704 viewsstainrods_elbow

Spurs Reflection on 22:41 - Jul 20 by wombat

17450 I think is our full capacity these days and half the west paddock was kept empty , I presume to spurs

So how can the reported crowd have exceeded the capacity (which I think is actually 18.3k)?

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Spurs Reflection on 00:51 - Jul 21 with 2661 viewsLoftgirl

Spurs Reflection on 18:13 - Jul 20 by stantheman10

Unbelievable people on here saying Santos ain’t up to it! He’s played a half of a friendly against premier league opposition ffs!

Santos out.
Spurs Reflection on 01:04 - Jul 21 with 2634 viewsHoopsie

One important point to note is that this friendly against a top 6 premier league team, Marti used 6 development players or u-21s; Morrison, Tuck (u 18?), Talla, Bennie, Kolli, Lloyd, and at least 5 of them were on the pitch in the last 20 minutes of the game

In our last preseason friendly, against Oxford United, we could count Gubbins from the dev squad, with Richards and Kelman, who were basically squad players

We have certainly pushed forward a long way since then.

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Spurs Reflection (n/t) on 01:11 - Jul 21 with 2609 viewsflynnbo

Spurs Reflection on 22:22 - Jul 20 by baz_qpr

I really enjoyed today, good football from both sides.

Key takeaways for me:

One of the real differences was the pace in and movement in the middle of the park from Spurs. I thought EDB and Colback both struggled at times and Paal was left exposed a lot first half. Centre mid is an area we definitely need to strengthen in.

Lack of pace actually was an issue for us throughout, as was lack of ball carriers (Smyth apart)

EDB looked heavy and slower than I remember

JCS and Cook looked comfortable against Premiership strikers.

1st half a lot of good work down the right, Smyth had a good half.

The offside goal was a fantastic move and play from us, shame

I thought Frey had an effective game, still slow but was nuisance and took the disallowed goal well.

Kolli obviously a stand out 1st half and this could be his breakout season, has a great touch, and shot, should keep Ilias on his toes.

The Danish Jesus takes a wicked corner

Brilliant saves from Nardi very impressive.

Spurs seemed fitter than us (but we know about our approach to this from last season)

Was pretty impressed with the dev squad players in the last 20 minutes. The two Alfies really stood out for me. Lloyd being strong direct and there looks a player there. But was particularly impressed with Alfie Tuck in centre midfield, not heard of this kid but the way he in one passage of play won the ball and then drove forward gliding past some Spurs players like prime Eze was a surprise.

And of course Dykes misses a sitter
[Post edited 20 Jul 22:23]

[Post edited 21 Jul 5:48]
Spurs Reflection on 07:14 - Jul 21 with 2291 viewsdmm

Spurs Reflection on 23:07 - Jul 20 by smudgehoop

Really enjoyed the game and the overall performance against a top 6 PL team bodes well.

Given that there was no chair and willock I thought we adapted well.

Does this mean we are sticking with 4-2-3-1 as our preferred system over switching to 4-3-3?

I thought Cifuentes would want to play 433 this season but in the 3 friendlies so far it's been 4231. If we sign a CM, as we clearly need to, he might switch but I don't think it matters too much as the shape changes according to the game situation anyway.
Spurs Reflection on 07:26 - Jul 21 with 2252 viewsLblock

Great late pressure
Loads of corners — question: Who would you want taking them - Santos or Barton? (I thought Santos delivery from those was superb and led to a few chances)

This fella Tuck who came on looked interesting for that period of time in a nothing game.

Dykes has to be shipped out.
He is just a walking mass of ink and hair styles

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Spurs Reflection on 07:44 - Jul 21 with 2188 viewsHoopsie

Spurs Reflection on 07:26 - Jul 21 by Lblock

Great late pressure
Loads of corners — question: Who would you want taking them - Santos or Barton? (I thought Santos delivery from those was superb and led to a few chances)

This fella Tuck who came on looked interesting for that period of time in a nothing game.

What did Ange Postecoglou say of his compatriot our own Aussie Daniel Bennie?

Very positive that Alfie Tuck and Bennie got good minutes in the preseason friendlies

Would you send them including Kolli out on loan this season to develop or have them around the first team as squad players?

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Spurs Reflection on 08:12 - Jul 21 with 2092 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Spurs Reflection on 07:44 - Jul 21 by Hoopsie

What did Ange Postecoglou say of his compatriot our own Aussie Daniel Bennie?

Very positive that Alfie Tuck and Bennie got good minutes in the preseason friendlies

Would you send them including Kolli out on loan this season to develop or have them around the first team as squad players?

I was very impressed with all of them when they came on, certainly didn't look out of place, which is a nice change to previous years.
Kolli, Lloyd and Bennie look physically ready, whereas Tuck and Talla probably need some more Shredded Wheat.
I don't think either Talla or Tuck have played 'mens' football yet so they might be the ones loaned out.
Spurs Reflection on 08:12 - Jul 21 with 2090 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Are we just going to ignore the elephant in the room?

What is Jimmy Dunne playing at?

I know you are Irish Jimmy but why have you dyed your hair to look like a pint of Guinness?
Spurs Reflection on 08:33 - Jul 21 with 1975 viewsstevec

Didn’t go yesterday so my initial take on the 2pm team sheet was where are we with the 3-1 part of a 4-2-3-1 formation on Aug 10?

Andersen for sure and assume Chair if he’s not sold. But the right side is a worry and it wouldn’t take too many injuries to decimate the attacking side of the team.

Our season may rest on the few youngsters coming good.
Spurs Reflection on 08:57 - Jul 21 with 1871 viewsCiderwithRsie

Spurs Reflection on 01:04 - Jul 21 by Hoopsie

One important point to note is that this friendly against a top 6 premier league team, Marti used 6 development players or u-21s; Morrison, Tuck (u 18?), Talla, Bennie, Kolli, Lloyd, and at least 5 of them were on the pitch in the last 20 minutes of the game

In our last preseason friendly, against Oxford United, we could count Gubbins from the dev squad, with Richards and Kelman, who were basically squad players

We have certainly pushed forward a long way since then.

Think this is pretty important.

Last few years, even when the "1st XI" has been decent (eg Warburton good times) the depth of the squad hasn't been there. I'm afraid Kelman's fairly long stint around the fringes is a case in point.

It's a big if, but if we have a few players (Kolli, EDB, Larkeche, Bennie) who can come off the bench, do OK in cup games, or fill in while others are rested it would make a big difference to the season IMO, without them needing to be 1st choice players.
Spurs Reflection on 08:57 - Jul 21 with 1871 viewsNorthantsHoop

Positive performance yesterday, we looked good and strong, New keeper played well made some great saves and his distribution was good. Spurs just had the extra bit of quality in taking their chances, but we matched them and the 2-O scoreline flattered them a bit. Great to see a big crowd yesterday as well, shame we didn't turn out in the Hoops rather than the new gold kit.
Spurs Reflection on 09:36 - Jul 21 with 1755 viewsSunnyVanGo

Spurs Reflection on 00:12 - Jul 21 by stainrods_elbow

So how can the reported crowd have exceeded the capacity (which I think is actually 18.3k)?

Small children and dwarves?
Spurs Reflection on 09:42 - Jul 21 with 1723 viewskernowhoop

Spurs Reflection on 08:12 - Jul 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Are we just going to ignore the elephant in the room?

What is Jimmy Dunne playing at?

I know you are Irish Jimmy but why have you dyed your hair to look like a pint of Guinness?

Yes. To look like a pint of Guinness. It will distract the opponents.
Spurs Reflection on 10:12 - Jul 21 with 1612 viewsHooping_Mad

Spurs Reflection on 07:26 - Jul 21 by Lblock

Great late pressure

Cornrows after the year he had. He looks a total tit.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024