Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just when we need every penny going, we now to finance a women’s team rebuild. 15:43 - Jul 5 with 506 viewsUTS1885

I have no interest in women’s football, but I see we have lost several players and don’t have a manager or assistants. I presume this unprecedented recruitment will now be financed by the men’s team coffers ?
[Post edited 5 Jul 15:54]
Just when we need every penny going, we now to finance a women’s team rebuild. on 15:46 - Jul 5 with 492 viewssaints__fan__73

Or maybe the reason they are losing players and have no manager is that their budget has been cut?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Just when we need every penny going, we now to finance a women’s team rebuild. on 15:48 - Jul 5 with 475 viewsPatfromPoole

Does this mean no slot at the next Fans' Forum for the ladies' team?

Oh.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Just when we need every penny going, we now to finance a women’s team rebuild. on 16:06 - Jul 5 with 446 viewssaints__fan__73

Just when we need every penny going, we now to finance a women’s team rebuild. on 15:48 - Jul 5 by PatfromPoole

Does this mean no slot at the next Fans' Forum for the ladies' team?

Oh.

Could you fill the ladies' slot?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Just when we need every penny going, we now to finance a women’s team rebuild. on 19:59 - Jul 5 with 310 viewsLondonSaint76

As a PL Club a women’s section is a tick box requirement these days that does attract some funding which is improving significantly season on season. It’s not all outgoings, for example, the women put over £100,000 into the Club coffers by winning just two WFA Cup games last season.
The reason they currently don’t have a manager is because Marriane Spacey-Cale has moved up from 1st team manager to general manager to oversee women’s and girls strategy and provision for the Club as a whole.
The reason some of the players are leaving is because WSL Clubs are picking them off in much the same way as the Lavia’s and Liveremento’s were picked off by PL clubs last season.
The women’s team/s are here to stay, like it or lump it, they are part of SFC. I have no issue with people who are not interested, it’s not for everyone.
I agree with the considerable groundswell of opinion that the women’s team should have a separate forum - or extend the current one and have an extra section devoted to the women but not making the main forum any shorter. That plonker in the pink replica GK shirt that was prattling on at the last forum was a waste of precious time so, yes, separate them by all means.
In MSC we are fortunate to have one of the most respected women in the game, with her expertise on board it could save the Club money long term and I have a suspicion SR are setting up that side of the Club in their image, business model wise, if that’s the case, with MSC on board the women’s side of the Club could well end up earning the club money rather than being a drain on its finances.

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024