Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Conservative leader 09:50 - Jul 5 with 433 viewsonehunglow

Big job or what
Starting from ground zero

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Next Conservative leader on 09:55 - Jul 5 with 429 viewsBoundy

A complete clear-out maybe but not knowing the list of potential candidates I couldn't say how else they can rebuild. The worrying aspect is we now have a labour in power with very few who has front bench political experience , can they drive this country forward I do hope so but if Starmer believes that Wales is a shining example then I do fear for the future,

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Next Conservative leader on 10:05 - Jul 5 with 414 viewsonehunglow

Next Conservative leader on 09:55 - Jul 5 by Boundy

A complete clear-out maybe but not knowing the list of potential candidates I couldn't say how else they can rebuild. The worrying aspect is we now have a labour in power with very few who has front bench political experience , can they drive this country forward I do hope so but if Starmer believes that Wales is a shining example then I do fear for the future,

Would Huntmake himself available he held his seat when many didn’t .
They might not have much of a choice

Next Conservative leader on 10:07 - Jul 5 with 408 viewsDr_Winston

They'll probably want to avoid a William Hague situation where one of the few younger, talented options gets the job too early. Kemi Badenoch has the brains and ability to do a good job but should be smart enough to avoid the poisoned chalice just yet.

I'd expect one of the few remaining big beasts to get it. Hunt maybe.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Next Conservative leader on 10:09 - Jul 5 with 406 viewsonehunglow

Next Conservative leader on 10:07 - Jul 5 by Dr_Winston

They'll probably want to avoid a William Hague situation where one of the few younger, talented options gets the job too early. Kemi Badenoch has the brains and ability to do a good job but should be smart enough to avoid the poisoned chalice just yet.

I'd expect one of the few remaining big beasts to get it. Hunt maybe.

That a good shout .
Braverman could be an option though so has baggage but she has guts,something Sunak never had or ever will. His lecture tour would be interesting as would his memoirs.

Next Conservative leader on 11:03 - Jul 5 with 371 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

If I were a strategist for the Conservative Party I would stay away altogether from the big names who have failed in the last 14 years. I would almost be tempted to do what Toshack did with wales, chuck all the promising youngsters in and let them grow together and get experience whilst taking bad results and when the next election comes along they’ll all be metaphorically sitting on 50 caps.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Next Conservative leader on 11:37 - Jul 5 with 351 viewsYrAlarch

Jeremy Hunt. And maybe he will stick around a bit longer than the previous 4.
Next Conservative leader on 11:45 - Jul 5 with 345 viewsJumpingJackFlash

They have a massive problem.

They have leaked votes to Reform in great numbers in the north and east of England. They have also leaked votes to Lib Dems in great numbers in their traditional blue wall southern heartland.

Good luck with trying to win both of those (and the soft Labour vote) back at the same time.
Next Conservative leader on 18:45 - Jul 5 with 255 viewsmajorraglan

There’s a groundswell of support in the Conservative Party to move further to the right which I’d have thought would preclude Hunt from the job. Last night, a couple of the commentators thought Jenrick could get the job standing on a right wing platform before moving towards the centre as a unity candidate. That surprised me tbh, but it could make sense.

The Lord Frost’s of the world are still pushing the right agenda, but lots of the Conservatives think they need to move more to the centre ground where the bulk of the votes are. They also highlighted the polling demographics where the Conservatives have a very poor supporter base amongst the under 65’s, one Tory big wig said if they don’t change that demographic they’ll do even worse next time out as in 5 years time a proportion of their supporter base will have died.
Login to get fewer ads

Next Conservative leader on 19:16 - Jul 5 with 235 viewsmax936

Next Conservative leader on 18:45 - Jul 5 by majorraglan

There’s a groundswell of support in the Conservative Party to move further to the right which I’d have thought would preclude Hunt from the job. Last night, a couple of the commentators thought Jenrick could get the job standing on a right wing platform before moving towards the centre as a unity candidate. That surprised me tbh, but it could make sense.

The Lord Frost’s of the world are still pushing the right agenda, but lots of the Conservatives think they need to move more to the centre ground where the bulk of the votes are. They also highlighted the polling demographics where the Conservatives have a very poor supporter base amongst the under 65’s, one Tory big wig said if they don’t change that demographic they’ll do even worse next time out as in 5 years time a proportion of their supporter base will have died.

I hope it is Jennrick that'll kill the Tories off,

Jennrick he's up with all those disgraced, he lied his way through the Covid crisis and since.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Next Conservative leader on 19:26 - Jul 5 with 208 viewsFlashberryjack

At this moment in time, I'd think the Conservatives would be looking towards someone like Lazarus to be the next leader.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Next Conservative leader on 19:58 - Jul 5 with 174 viewsraynor94

Next Conservative leader on 19:16 - Jul 5 by max936

I hope it is Jennrick that'll kill the Tories off,

Jennrick he's up with all those disgraced, he lied his way through the Covid crisis and since.

A disgusting piece of work

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024