Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swiss Army Jim 09:42 - Jun 29 with 2979 viewsDale92

Gone home to Galway. Best of luck and Thank you

This is the One, I've waited for

Swiss Army Jim on 10:02 - Jun 29 with 2906 viewsBigKindo

Actually he was apparently born in Aylesbury Bucks.
Swiss Army Jim on 10:04 - Jun 29 with 2900 views442Dale

Nothing on the OS yet.

Anyway, a fantastic servant who will be badly missed for his versatility and goals. He might not have been perfect in every role but he was a vital player who was probably a bit underrated by many.

Think we’ll realise how crucial he was in the season ahead. Good luck to him.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Swiss Army Jim on 10:21 - Jun 29 with 2837 viewskel

Bit gutted about this one. People always say they just want 100% from a player and he always gave that. Had some very unwarranted criticism on here from certain quarters but has been a good servant to this club and will be missed hugely. Has had offers from elsewhere a few times and is a lovely bloke too.
Swiss Army Jim on 10:43 - Jun 29 with 2768 viewsD_Alien

SAJ is the only player who's been with us from the heady days until now who'll be remembered with real affection

He played CB in that game against Man Utd, scored in our centenary fixture and provided the stand-out moment of a pretty dire season with the equaliser away at Halifax around Xmas, taken with a touch of class

Thanks Jimmy, and good luck for the future

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Swiss Army Jim on 13:04 - Jun 29 with 2492 viewsoddjob007

Funny old game, thought he’d see out his days with us and potentially end up on the coaching staff following a similar path to Keith, BBM and Jim.

That being said, thought we’d have no chance of keeping Rodney.

Heart is gutted he’s gone, head says it’s not a bad thing.
[Post edited 29 Jun 13:06]
Swiss Army Jim on 13:37 - Jun 29 with 2420 viewsNorthernDale

I wish Keohane all the best in Ireland, I did expect him to sign, but perhaps it was a longer contract with Galway, then the Dale was offering and I am now wondering if John as rejected his contract offer as well.
Swiss Army Jim on 13:42 - Jun 29 with 2406 viewsDuckegg

A player like Jimmy is a huge loss has he can cover various on field positions...
A big loss for the team.....
Swiss Army Jim on 14:36 - Jun 29 with 2275 viewsfrenzied

A very significant loss but no surprise..wish him every success..always gave 100% ..never hid ..performed all tasks to the best of his ability
Login to get fewer ads

Swiss Army Jim on 15:05 - Jun 29 with 2220 viewsArthurDaley

He can have the craic in Galway City on a Saturday night

A large VAT Dave

Swiss Army Jim on 15:05 - Jun 29 with 2214 viewskel

Swiss Army Jim on 13:37 - Jun 29 by NorthernDale

I wish Keohane all the best in Ireland, I did expect him to sign, but perhaps it was a longer contract with Galway, then the Dale was offering and I am now wondering if John as rejected his contract offer as well.

Guess we’ll ave to wait and see.
Swiss Army Jim on 18:16 - Jun 29 with 1849 viewsTVOS1907

So, Jimmy leaves Dale in 30th place in the club's all time appearances list, having featured 212 times since his debut in March 2019.

Had he stayed another season, he could possibly have climbed into the top twenty, but as it is, he remains seven games behind David Parkes, eight behind Ronnie Cairns and nine from Dave Bayliss.

He is also one of 83 players to score at least 20 goals for Dale, sharing a tally of 22 with David Storf, Harry Marshall, Ashley Grimes, Peter Gowans, Joe Fletcher and Craig Dawson.

An excellent servant to the club in many ways, not least his 100% attitude and commitment, particularly when things weren't going well.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Swiss Army Jim on 18:47 - Jun 29 with 1775 views100notout

Ashley grimes scored 22 goals? Wow never would have thought that - not what you’d call prolific!

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Swiss Army Jim on 19:02 - Jun 29 with 1751 viewsborodale

Sad day but one that comes to all footballers. Probably his last contract and believe he was always going back to Ireland when the time was right. Top professional and great servant, will need two players to replace him. All the best Jimmy Keohane.
Swiss Army Jim on 19:02 - Jun 29 with 1747 viewsTVOS1907

Swiss Army Jim on 18:47 - Jun 29 by 100notout

Ashley grimes scored 22 goals? Wow never would have thought that - not what you’d call prolific!

Yep, in 83 appearances, although he was a sub or was subbed a lot of the time.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Swiss Army Jim on 19:54 - Jun 29 with 1650 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Good Luck across the water JK......see your playing days out back home.
Swiss Army Jim on 20:20 - Jun 29 with 1573 viewsNewbury_Dale

Good luck to Jim, been a fine servant. I wouldn't personally have offered him terms anyway however.

We are short on numbers again.
Swiss Army Jim on 20:52 - Jun 29 with 1518 viewsnordenblue

Swiss Army Jim on 20:20 - Jun 29 by Newbury_Dale

Good luck to Jim, been a fine servant. I wouldn't personally have offered him terms anyway however.

We are short on numbers again.

I'd be pretty certain Jim would have known this was the likely outcome some time ago, always came across as a thoroughly decent chap Jimmy K and every time I watched he gave his all even when sometimes it seemed he was surrounded by let downs, good luck to the lad
Swiss Army Jim on 16:18 - Jun 30 with 908 viewsEdindale

Good servant to the Club (with a great goalscoring record considering he was not played up front) but I am not too worried about his decision - good luck to him.

There should be plenty other utility payers available to cover a couple of positions come the start of the season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024