Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread 23:10 - Jun 25 with 7608 viewsNed_Kennedys

We’ve had three match threads from a Southgate fan and three terrible England performances so surely it’s time to have one from a Southgate critic?

Walker switched to LB, TAA in at right back, Bellingham dropped back next to Rice, Foden central, Gordon on the left and Palmer on the right. Come on Gareth: you can do it!
[Post edited 27 Jun 15:28]
England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 23:20 - Jun 25 with 3275 viewsLblock

Three at the back
Saka and Trips as wing backs
Wharton into midfield

Kane worries me but no option apart from him inspires.
I think once we exit he’ll be confirming in the press he was playing with an injury and pain killing injections.

Awful tournament for Ingerlund so far and, unlike other years, we show no signs of growing into it; more likely shrinking as the players lose total faith with this busted and broken Coach
Rest of this tournament (what I’ve seen) been superb
[Post edited 25 Jun 23:22]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 08:43 - Jun 26 with 3014 viewsgazza1

Look no further than our coach.....Southgate.

Yes, we have qualified top of the group but these games have been 'tiddly wink' stuff. The real tournament starts now. Southgate needs to make the right decisions in picking the Team (one change in 3 matches when we have been playing poorly - wtf) and employing the correct tactics for the matches from here.

We have good enough players to win this tournament if we get things right.
England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 09:41 - Jun 26 with 2913 viewsJamesB1979

Going into a game that’s likely to be against the Dutch without a recognised fit left back is all of Southgate’s own making. He’s been about giving opportunities so surely he needed to pick someone like Mitchell in the squad. Without the balance, Foden isn’t able to perform because lack of support so attack focused down right and middle making it easier to defend against us.
England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 09:53 - Jun 26 with 2877 viewspaulparker

England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 09:41 - Jun 26 by JamesB1979

Going into a game that’s likely to be against the Dutch without a recognised fit left back is all of Southgate’s own making. He’s been about giving opportunities so surely he needed to pick someone like Mitchell in the squad. Without the balance, Foden isn’t able to perform because lack of support so attack focused down right and middle making it easier to defend against us.

Poor management not taking an actual fit left back
We don’t attack at all down the left , we are so unbalanced
As for Slothgate he is becoming unbearable, the arrogance of him and that interview after the game
The sooner he fcuks off the better

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 10:05 - Jun 26 with 2847 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Been banging on about how appalling Barrywhomresidesintheloft Frederick's have been, and his reply was pure GSesque...we've qualified!

Thank God that someone has stepped up, and I'm also glad we're keeping Spaceman and Monkey Roots' powders dry for the season ahead.

Feeling more confident already: England 2, TBC 0.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 10:18 - Jun 26 with 2804 viewslassel

The Swedish pundits last night were John Guidetti and Olof Mellberg - both said it has to be Gordon in the left, Rice & Bellingham in the centre with Foden infront.

Not really saying much but interesting that neutrals can see it as well.

They also had a long chat about how England are far too nice and would be a completely different team with someone like Rooney in it.
England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 10:19 - Jun 26 with 2793 viewsTheChef

Thank you Ned!

Not expecting any great improvement unfortunately.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 10:41 - Jun 26 with 2747 viewsWokingR

England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 23:20 - Jun 25 by Lblock

Three at the back
Saka and Trips as wing backs
Wharton into midfield

Kane worries me but no option apart from him inspires.
I think once we exit he’ll be confirming in the press he was playing with an injury and pain killing injections.

Awful tournament for Ingerlund so far and, unlike other years, we show no signs of growing into it; more likely shrinking as the players lose total faith with this busted and broken Coach
Rest of this tournament (what I’ve seen) been superb
[Post edited 25 Jun 23:22]

Reminds me of the 1988 Euros where it was announced afterwards that Gary Lineker had been playing with Hepatitis.
We all knew something was wrong, but no one was saying anything.
Login to get fewer ads

England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 10:56 - Jun 26 with 2691 viewsMedwayR

England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 10:18 - Jun 26 by lassel

The Swedish pundits last night were John Guidetti and Olof Mellberg - both said it has to be Gordon in the left, Rice & Bellingham in the centre with Foden infront.

Not really saying much but interesting that neutrals can see it as well.

They also had a long chat about how England are far too nice and would be a completely different team with someone like Rooney in it.

I've noticed this too, we're missing the vocal input from Henderson and Maguire because we certainly don't get any support from the sidelines, no point having the England dug out there, they don't do anything!

I'd like to see:

Pickford
Walker - Stones - Guehi
TAA - Mainoo - Rice - Gordon
Foden - Palmer
Kane

Give Bellingham & Saka some rest, I'd even consider playing Palmer as a false 9 and resting Kane. Mainoo made a big difference last night so I'd keep him in, Palmer and Gordon deserve more game time too.

Poll: Who’s better?

England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 11:18 - Jun 26 with 2638 viewsPlanetHonneywood

England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 10:41 - Jun 26 by WokingR

Reminds me of the 1988 Euros where it was announced afterwards that Gary Lineker had been playing with Hepatitis.
We all knew something was wrong, but no one was saying anything.

I think GS will go after this, and then we'll get some insight from within about his management during this tournament.

Shame he's stayed one too long, and spoiled his legacy in a way. He'd done a great job after inheriting rubbish, and got us bloody close. However, he's way too cautious to win deep into a tournament, but he should be thanked and moved upstairs.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 11:20 - Jun 26 with 2626 viewsTheChef

England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 11:18 - Jun 26 by PlanetHonneywood

I think GS will go after this, and then we'll get some insight from within about his management during this tournament.

Shame he's stayed one too long, and spoiled his legacy in a way. He'd done a great job after inheriting rubbish, and got us bloody close. However, he's way too cautious to win deep into a tournament, but he should be thanked and moved upstairs.

Fraid so.

And we have got further than the 88 Euros!

England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 11:27 - Jun 26 with 2607 viewsNed_Kennedys

England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 11:18 - Jun 26 by PlanetHonneywood

I’m concerned that the FA have set him a safe target like the Quarter Finals and will beg him to stay on for another couple of tournaments: he’s as safe a pair of hands as exists in football nowadays.
He clearly doesn’t care what the fans at the game, the public or the media thinks of his performance. He also knows he won’t get another top level job once he leaves: a move upstairs with the FA is the best he can hope for.
England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 11:37 - Jun 26 with 2591 viewsMalintabuk

Think he as literally painted himself into a corner here and he won't get out of it
If he goes for wholesale change, ie 3 or 4 changes, then he hasn't the time to change the system or bed in players.
I would be amazed if Sunday there is more than 2 changes to that team.
Surely he must know we need to balance it up and will play hopefully Gordon on the left and possibly Palmer.....
That would be Saka and Foden for me left out
England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 11:43 - Jun 26 with 2567 viewsstevec

To be fair, young Bazza was on a three game unbeaten streak, his Labour Party are nailed on for a big win, basically the man’s never been on such on a roll.

Hope you haven’t gone too soon.
England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 11:48 - Jun 26 with 2557 viewsPlanetHonneywood

England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 11:43 - Jun 26 by stevec

To be fair, young Bazza was on a three game unbeaten streak, his Labour Party are nailed on for a big win, basically the man’s never been on such on a roll.

Hope you haven’t gone too soon.

My worry also that Barry doesn't suffer a premature election...apparently, it has happened before!

England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 13:48 - Jun 26 with 2370 viewsCamberleyR

England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 11:48 - Jun 26 by PlanetHonneywood

My worry also that Barry doesn't suffer a premature election...apparently, it has happened before!

Well ALRIGHT!
[Post edited 26 Jun 16:52]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 14:00 - Jun 26 with 2329 viewsBAWHoops

Doesn't matter what iteration of what formation with what players we play, we won't be winning.
The magic that Southgate had at the previous 3 tournaments has gone. I wanted Southgate to stay after the World Cup as I thought we were superb in the tournament and unlucky to go out to France, but you can see now it's a tournament to far and his judgement has completely gone (something that was so sharp 8 years ago).
The squad he selected was ridiculously unbalanced and the no back up to Shaw is an absolute crime.

It's a real shame as he made watching England exciting again and tournaments something to look forward to. Now it feels like a compete chore

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 14:45 - Jun 26 with 2234 viewsTheChef

England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 14:00 - Jun 26 by BAWHoops

Doesn't matter what iteration of what formation with what players we play, we won't be winning.
The magic that Southgate had at the previous 3 tournaments has gone. I wanted Southgate to stay after the World Cup as I thought we were superb in the tournament and unlucky to go out to France, but you can see now it's a tournament to far and his judgement has completely gone (something that was so sharp 8 years ago).
The squad he selected was ridiculously unbalanced and the no back up to Shaw is an absolute crime.

It's a real shame as he made watching England exciting again and tournaments something to look forward to. Now it feels like a compete chore

He's been QPR'd

England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 15:20 - Jun 26 with 2165 viewsSonofpugwash

England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 08:43 - Jun 26 by gazza1

Look no further than our coach.....Southgate.

Yes, we have qualified top of the group but these games have been 'tiddly wink' stuff. The real tournament starts now. Southgate needs to make the right decisions in picking the Team (one change in 3 matches when we have been playing poorly - wtf) and employing the correct tactics for the matches from here.

We have good enough players to win this tournament if we get things right.

Reverse Alchemy again- turning gold into shit.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 15:56 - Jun 26 with 2085 viewsLblock

Foden leaving the camp makes Safegate's job a bit easier now.

I wonder if he's stormed off after a ruck a-lah Ben White with Steve Holland?

England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 16:07 - Jun 26 with 2039 viewsChrisNW6

Wife heavily pregnant with third child so I am guessing it might be linked. Hopefully everything goes well, if it is related 🙏
England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 16:21 - Jun 26 with 1981 viewsdaveB

England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 15:56 - Jun 26 by Lblock

His wife is having a baby, hes due back on Sunday

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cy779zdr2yro
[Post edited 26 Jun 16:22]
England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 16:27 - Jun 26 with 1930 viewsPlanetHonneywood

England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 15:56 - Jun 26 by Lblock

Sticking a fiver on TAA starting top left!

England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 16:33 - Jun 26 with 1913 viewsLblock

England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 16:21 - Jun 26 by daveB

His wife is having a baby, hes due back on Sunday

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cy779zdr2yro
[Post edited 26 Jun 16:22]

So he won't be playing then.

Maybe Luke Shaw can take his place

England v TBC last 16 Match Thread on 18:03 - Jun 26 with 1786 viewsToast_R

Think this 24 team tournament idea is shite. Imagine finishing third and waiting around a couple of days to see if you're progressing to the next round or not? It's diluted the quality for sure. The 16 team Euro's was great and exciting from the get go. They've made it worse now.

Portugal drew all their group matches in 2016 and ended up winning the thing so hope for England yet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024