Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 14:36 - May 5 with 100399 viewsRhonddaSwans

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sheffield-wednesday-and-swansea-city-keen-on-b

Poll: Pre season prediction on final League position

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:58 - Jul 9 with 4373 viewsKeithHaynes

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:41 - Jul 9 by blaenaugwentjack

We are not going to sign anyone of quality or substance are we? Let's be brutally honest here.

For me they need to get the main players in over the next week to nine days. Then the squad can go to Austria with key people ready to get to know the team, tactics and expectations. But I’m still thinking more will be done once they’ve saved July’s salary.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 11:01 - Jul 9 with 4361 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:58 - Jul 9 by KeithHaynes

For me they need to get the main players in over the next week to nine days. Then the squad can go to Austria with key people ready to get to know the team, tactics and expectations. But I’m still thinking more will be done once they’ve saved July’s salary.

Why only July's salary, the window doesn't close until the end of August. Remember we are talking about amateurs in a professional game.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 11:30 - Jul 9 with 4272 viewsKeithHaynes

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 11:01 - Jul 9 by Whiterockin

Why only July's salary, the window doesn't close until the end of August. Remember we are talking about amateurs in a professional game.

Starting a new season with little or no additions would lead to some serious discontent, I can’t imagine they are that daft.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 11:46 - Jul 9 with 4220 viewsRichardO

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 11:01 - Jul 9 by Whiterockin

If you are offering a three year contract you don't make any savings, if you offer from 2 year and 10 month contract say until the end of the season( would you do that if you are involved in play off?) or the until start of the following years transfer window opens hence paying someone for doing nothing for a while before they go at the end of their contract. Just seems as if there is no continuity between the seasons after the madness of trying to get back in the Premiership in 3 years while you are cost cutting to balance the books giving the clubs size.

It was always going to be hard to keep the quality of players and we relied on making a buck on our younger players but did we really lock down our more promising youngsters properly or were we unable to judge how good our youngsters are in the system un place.
For me the only way to judge them is to play our youngsters in the first team not get in loan players.
Hopefully Williams with be clever enough to realise he has to play a style of football to suit the players at his disposal which in itself may be a problem if we don't get things right.
The rise to the Premiership was built on years of building the quality of the squad while being able to take the hit of losing a star player along the way.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 12:59 - Jul 9 with 4065 viewsjack247

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 11:46 - Jul 9 by RichardO

If you are offering a three year contract you don't make any savings, if you offer from 2 year and 10 month contract say until the end of the season( would you do that if you are involved in play off?) or the until start of the following years transfer window opens hence paying someone for doing nothing for a while before they go at the end of their contract. Just seems as if there is no continuity between the seasons after the madness of trying to get back in the Premiership in 3 years while you are cost cutting to balance the books giving the clubs size.

It was always going to be hard to keep the quality of players and we relied on making a buck on our younger players but did we really lock down our more promising youngsters properly or were we unable to judge how good our youngsters are in the system un place.
For me the only way to judge them is to play our youngsters in the first team not get in loan players.
Hopefully Williams with be clever enough to realise he has to play a style of football to suit the players at his disposal which in itself may be a problem if we don't get things right.
The rise to the Premiership was built on years of building the quality of the squad while being able to take the hit of losing a star player along the way.

However we look at it, watching other clubs sign players and then fishing in a more limited pool to save a months wages is a false economy.

From a detached, mathematical point of view it makes sense. From a football point of view it’s one of those obvious mistakes they’ll keep telling us they’ve learned from.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 13:07 - Jul 9 with 4031 viewsRichardO

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 12:59 - Jul 9 by jack247

However we look at it, watching other clubs sign players and then fishing in a more limited pool to save a months wages is a false economy.

From a detached, mathematical point of view it makes sense. From a football point of view it’s one of those obvious mistakes they’ll keep telling us they’ve learned from.

Can't disagree short term gains causing long term problems, which why I mentioned the lack of continuity hoping that we have a manager who can build a team for the future helping himself and the club in the long term.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 13:36 - Jul 9 with 3970 viewsjack247

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 13:07 - Jul 9 by RichardO

Can't disagree short term gains causing long term problems, which why I mentioned the lack of continuity hoping that we have a manager who can build a team for the future helping himself and the club in the long term.

I don’t think there’s much wrong with being a stepping stone club, either for players or managers, but completely agree there has to be continuity.

If we’re going to have a certain ethos, then we need to be able to recruit a manager who can adapt the style slightly, but not need to completely overhaul the squad to play the way he wants.

To go from Potter to Cooper to Martin to Duff to Williams is ridiculous when you look back. Each one played completely differently to his predecessor.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 14:13 - Jul 9 with 3879 viewsRichardO

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 13:36 - Jul 9 by jack247

I don’t think there’s much wrong with being a stepping stone club, either for players or managers, but completely agree there has to be continuity.

If we’re going to have a certain ethos, then we need to be able to recruit a manager who can adapt the style slightly, but not need to completely overhaul the squad to play the way he wants.

To go from Potter to Cooper to Martin to Duff to Williams is ridiculous when you look back. Each one played completely differently to his predecessor.

Each manager trying to get the best of his squad, Potter's setup at defensive set piece cost us, Cooper's reign was built on solid defensive play which was drastically weakened with the inclusion of Hourihane, Martin's inability to adapt his system to ensure the defence was strong ,all three had to cope with injuries to vital players with Duff suffering the biggest upheaval with losing the teams strongest players and the players brought in suffering injuries.
William took over from Sheehan who steadied the ship to a degree but had to get to grips with things after a hard run of games to ease us away from the relegation zone leaving very little game time to change things, youngster need game time to learn by their mistakes with the help of coaching.
Will Williams improve things and with a little luck prove that his team is worth spending as much as is available to steadily build on ?
Login to get fewer ads

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 14:29 - Jul 9 with 3843 viewsBoundy

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 11:30 - Jul 9 by KeithHaynes

Starting a new season with little or no additions would lead to some serious discontent, I can’t imagine they are that daft.

Living 3k away I doubt they'll hear the rumblings , nor care

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 14:38 - Jul 9 with 3813 viewsonehunglow

Normal window for us really.
Fish starts as number as Boro.
Think on ,folks.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 14:40 - Jul 9 with 3824 viewsjack247

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 14:13 - Jul 9 by RichardO

Each manager trying to get the best of his squad, Potter's setup at defensive set piece cost us, Cooper's reign was built on solid defensive play which was drastically weakened with the inclusion of Hourihane, Martin's inability to adapt his system to ensure the defence was strong ,all three had to cope with injuries to vital players with Duff suffering the biggest upheaval with losing the teams strongest players and the players brought in suffering injuries.
William took over from Sheehan who steadied the ship to a degree but had to get to grips with things after a hard run of games to ease us away from the relegation zone leaving very little game time to change things, youngster need game time to learn by their mistakes with the help of coaching.
Will Williams improve things and with a little luck prove that his team is worth spending as much as is available to steadily build on ?

I suppose what I meant was, if we went from Martin to Williams or Cooper to Duff, there would at least be similarities in the way they want us to play and we would avoid scenarios like Ryan Bennett being one of the first names on the teamsheet under Cooper then becoming totally unwanted under Martin and being hard to move because of his wages, or Cooper not wanting Celina because he was more flair than graft.

Managers will never stay here long. They’ll either do well and be poached or fail and get sacked. They’d have to hit an impressive level of mediocrity for no one to come in for them and also not lose their job.

A playing style can be consistent though. Just identify players and managers that can fit into and improve what’s already here, rather than take a sledgehammer to it as they seem to do every time.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 15:32 - Jul 9 with 3729 viewsRichardO

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 14:40 - Jul 9 by jack247

I suppose what I meant was, if we went from Martin to Williams or Cooper to Duff, there would at least be similarities in the way they want us to play and we would avoid scenarios like Ryan Bennett being one of the first names on the teamsheet under Cooper then becoming totally unwanted under Martin and being hard to move because of his wages, or Cooper not wanting Celina because he was more flair than graft.

Managers will never stay here long. They’ll either do well and be poached or fail and get sacked. They’d have to hit an impressive level of mediocrity for no one to come in for them and also not lose their job.

A playing style can be consistent though. Just identify players and managers that can fit into and improve what’s already here, rather than take a sledgehammer to it as they seem to do every time.

Lots of manager come in and think they are reinventing the wheel, with Williams being brought in late in the season he has seen a number of elements in the team and the championship teams that he can take into consideration when picking his team for the coming season.
[Post edited 9 Jul 16:29]
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:02 - Jul 9 with 3483 viewsmax936

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 12:59 - Jul 9 by jack247

You are forgetting to add the Levien factor into these negations, nothing goes ahead without his approval, Coleman can say what he likes, but the truth is that its all down to Levien.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:04 - Jul 9 with 3480 viewsmax936

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:58 - Jul 9 by KeithHaynes

Of course they need the main bulk of their signings to be completed ready for the tour, otherwise we gonna have to bed in players once the season starts or very close to the start which is fing ridiculous.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:50 - Jul 9 with 3381 viewsKeithHaynes

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:04 - Jul 9 by max936

Of course they need the main bulk of their signings to be completed ready for the tour, otherwise we gonna have to bed in players once the season starts or very close to the start which is fing ridiculous.

And what we do.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:21 - Jul 9 with 3153 viewsgrabsplatter

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:04 - Jul 9 by max936

Which is what we did last year, no left back at the start of the season then we sign Tymon, Pedersen & Tjoe-A-On before the transfer window shut.
2 of the 3 are then loaned out in January after contributing f all.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:25 - Jul 9 with 3136 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:21 - Jul 9 by grabsplatter

Which is what we did last year, no left back at the start of the season then we sign Tymon, Pedersen & Tjoe-A-On before the transfer window shut.
2 of the 3 are then loaned out in January after contributing f all.

That's what you call panic buying instead of planned acquisitions.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 22:23 - Jul 9 with 3033 viewsgrabsplatter

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:25 - Jul 9 by Whiterockin

That's what you call panic buying instead of planned acquisitions.

Absolutely, you'd like to think lessons have been learned really
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 23:02 - Jul 9 with 2940 viewsFireboy2

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:18 - Jul 10 with 2604 viewsSwans9

I can't see this team that we constantly building. To much change at the club isn't allowing a team to be built. When we went to the prem years before that our team got built. Now we have cabango darling and a few others but not enough of a long term squad is being assembled. We need to stay in the championship I just hoping we sign one or two centre forwards soon who hit ground running. We are 8 years into the ownership and compared to the previous owners we haven't built much in the last 8 years.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:00 - Jul 10 with 2219 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:18 - Jul 10 by Swans9

I can't see this team that we constantly building. To much change at the club isn't allowing a team to be built. When we went to the prem years before that our team got built. Now we have cabango darling and a few others but not enough of a long term squad is being assembled. We need to stay in the championship I just hoping we sign one or two centre forwards soon who hit ground running. We are 8 years into the ownership and compared to the previous owners we haven't built much in the last 8 years.

Look at comparative debts compared to Stoke Cardiff WBA Sunderland etc. It is not easy 'building' in the Championship as clubs are obliged to sell prospects early in their careers to keep the lights on.

The ownership a have lost money or in the case of the Trust percentage shareholding. I believe they have lost cash they can easily accommodate. DC United is worth $800m so there's a big pay day there. Morris is very wealthy and he has put what is a small sum into the club for him I suspect.

The club seem to be more focussed this season with Coleman and Watson in the building.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:55 - Jul 11 with 1538 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 16:55 - Jul 12 with 1025 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:55 - Jul 11 by theloneranger

Club has all but confirmed this one.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 17:14 - Jul 12 with 975 viewsDr_Winston

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 16:55 - Jul 12 by Tummer_from_Texas

Club has all but confirmed this one.

Club has confirmed it...

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/goncalo-franco-seals-swansea-city-move

"Franco arrives in south Wales having been identified due to a high energy, all-action style of play.

Adept at reading the game and breaking up play, his ability to drive forward purposefully with the ball also allows him to start attacks in transition"

Good. More oomph in midfield certainly won't go amiss. Something we haven't really had since Ntcham left.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 17:14 - Jul 12 with 969 viewsraynor94

Goncalo Franco has signed, 4 year deal

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024