Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March 15:42 - Feb 28 with 11812 viewsQJumpingJack

What questions need to be asked?

Watson, Coleman and Williams will be present as will be a member of the Trust board.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-hold-fans-forum-march-11
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 16:41 - Mar 12 with 1720 viewsswan_si

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 16:35 - Mar 12 by QJumpingJack

show some respect please to our fans who attended and asked the questions which needed asking (some of which should have been in August 2016)

Show some respect 😂😂 you're having a laugh surely?
Sounds like they had a game of 'whose line is it' before attending. 🤔😤
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 16:46 - Mar 12 with 1700 viewsQJumpingJack

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 16:41 - Mar 12 by swan_si

Show some respect 😂😂 you're having a laugh surely?
Sounds like they had a game of 'whose line is it' before attending. 🤔😤

last night proved that Coleman and Watson were totally unprepared for this forum.
It is not good enough.
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 16:54 - Mar 12 with 1694 viewsswan_si

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 16:46 - Mar 12 by QJumpingJack

last night proved that Coleman and Watson were totally unprepared for this forum.
It is not good enough.

they were probably prepared to answer football related questions. Nathan Jones ffs.🤣🤣
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 17:10 - Mar 12 with 1666 viewsQJumpingJack

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 16:54 - Mar 12 by swan_si

they were probably prepared to answer football related questions. Nathan Jones ffs.🤣🤣

I wonder how Duff and Williams felt having an out of work manager so close to Watson. Think of it from their perspective.
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 17:13 - Mar 12 with 1663 viewsswan_si

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 16:40 - Mar 12 by Boundy

Did you attend superfan ?

Superfan! 😂 No. Yourself?
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 17:14 - Mar 12 with 1650 viewsonehunglow

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 17:13 - Mar 12 by swan_si

Superfan! 😂 No. Yourself?

It’s as I say,here we are funking squabbling with each other when Cardiff city fans are taking the pisssse.
Boys ,come on.
Please

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 17:24 - Mar 12 with 1625 viewsswan_si

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 17:10 - Mar 12 by QJumpingJack

I wonder how Duff and Williams felt having an out of work manager so close to Watson. Think of it from their perspective.

? What difference does that make? I don't get your logic. Are you saying that Watson should cut ties with everyone he knows in football? Let's say he's seen watching a match with a centre half, should Ben Cabango feel worried? 🤷‍♂️
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 17:29 - Mar 12 with 1606 viewsWhiterockin

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 17:24 - Mar 12 by swan_si

? What difference does that make? I don't get your logic. Are you saying that Watson should cut ties with everyone he knows in football? Let's say he's seen watching a match with a centre half, should Ben Cabango feel worried? 🤷‍♂️

Personally I don't think our players care enough to be worried.
Login to get fewer ads

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 17:33 - Mar 12 with 1587 viewsonehunglow

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 17:29 - Mar 12 by Whiterockin

Personally I don't think our players care enough to be worried.

Good point
What grinds my gears is the patronising inane crap from coaches and players alike before a derby .
None but home grown players are bothered.
Most bothered I can recall were the scrotes that were Bellamy and Ledley.
Now they did care as they detested our club and fans .
They enjoyed sticking it to us

I’m hoping Joe Allen gets our feckless wobbles motivated because Captain Quiet won’t .

We will read horse poo from now until Saturday

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 20:46 - Mar 12 with 1364 viewsswancity

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 17:33 - Mar 12 by onehunglow

Good point
What grinds my gears is the patronising inane crap from coaches and players alike before a derby .

I’m hoping Joe Allen gets our feckless wobbles motivated because Captain Quiet won’t .

Dear god. You been drinking ? 🍷

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 20:54 - Mar 12 with 1341 viewsunion_jack

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 17:33 - Mar 12 by onehunglow

Good point

Well, Duff played it down, just another game, same points for a win as any other game.

We all know how that went down so I’d say it’s necessary for the fans to understand how they are approaching the game.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 21:24 - Mar 12 with 1302 viewsRhonddaSwans

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 20:54 - Mar 12 by union_jack

Well, Duff played it down, just another game, same points for a win as any other game.

We all know how that went down so I’d say it’s necessary for the fans to understand how they are approaching the game.

That was the beginning of the end for him.
All we ask is for a bit of passion for our club.

I don't think a team has played for the badge of this club since Brendan Rodgers play off winners.

Before that every player would know what this game ment.
The way they have looked down on us for years! should ignite the fire of hatred EVERY Swans player should have.

This is the one game in the fixture list we all look for first.
Beating Cardiff is our cup final this season (sadly)

Poll: Pre season prediction on final League position

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 23:18 - Mar 12 with 1212 viewsjackrmee

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 14:05 - Mar 12 by ReslovenSwan1

This is what I have been arguing for months. Swansea best highest potential signing was made by Jason Levien. The club owners has given managers great strikers who have not been played. Fletcher should have been signed for the long and medium term as a project. The clubs forward roster are player going nowhere. Ordinary Joe's.

The club has lost it's way not thinking long term.

Totally agree. For once 😂

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 11:11 - Mar 13 with 1080 viewsPrettySheetyCity

I just finished listening to the recording.

The first half was a bit ridiculous. There's far too much grandstanding, and people trying to get cheap pops from the audience eg., the insults, the nonsense around Wussell Martin ("Key was Martin's signing!!!!"), the shouting down, the swearing under the breath and the laughing. The second half much better. Credit to all fans who showed up and asked Qs, even if I don't agree with some of the Qs or their behaviour.

But in all fairness, this is a product of the lack of trust between the fanbase and the Club. We've reached the stage where fans do not even trust anything that people within the Club are saying. For example, when Paul Watson said he was part of the football team at Luton was met with "no you weren't."

That's an issue that needs resolving asap, and it comes down to transparency and not taking people for mugs. Watson is taking a lot of flak about his comments about building a team. The vast majority of Sporting Directors up-and-down the country work as part of a larger team. For example, Newcastle, Man City, Brighton, Brentford all have HUGE teams which work from the bottom up. It seems to me that this is what the Club is trying to do with Paul Watson - so why not say that when he came in?! He was hailed as the second coming and someone who would be in solely in control, when in reality the Club should have said:

"Paul is the head of the department, but he's not scouting or finding players, that responsibility is with {insert}. He's not reviewing data, that responsibility is with {insert}. He is responsible for negotiating transfers and contracts. There is a collective responsibility amongst the team."
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 11:17 - Mar 13 with 1046 viewsWhiterockin

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 11:11 - Mar 13 by PrettySheetyCity

I just finished listening to the recording.

The first half was a bit ridiculous. There's far too much grandstanding, and people trying to get cheap pops from the audience eg., the insults, the nonsense around Wussell Martin ("Key was Martin's signing!!!!"), the shouting down, the swearing under the breath and the laughing. The second half much better. Credit to all fans who showed up and asked Qs, even if I don't agree with some of the Qs or their behaviour.

But in all fairness, this is a product of the lack of trust between the fanbase and the Club. We've reached the stage where fans do not even trust anything that people within the Club are saying. For example, when Paul Watson said he was part of the football team at Luton was met with "no you weren't."

That's an issue that needs resolving asap, and it comes down to transparency and not taking people for mugs. Watson is taking a lot of flak about his comments about building a team. The vast majority of Sporting Directors up-and-down the country work as part of a larger team. For example, Newcastle, Man City, Brighton, Brentford all have HUGE teams which work from the bottom up. It seems to me that this is what the Club is trying to do with Paul Watson - so why not say that when he came in?! He was hailed as the second coming and someone who would be in solely in control, when in reality the Club should have said:

"Paul is the head of the department, but he's not scouting or finding players, that responsibility is with {insert}. He's not reviewing data, that responsibility is with {insert}. He is responsible for negotiating transfers and contracts. There is a collective responsibility amongst the team."

If it was made clear that the majority of supporters do not trust a word they say, then the forum was successful in my opinion. They know exactly where they stand and what needs to be done to improve.
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 11:34 - Mar 13 with 1015 viewsunion_jack

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 11:17 - Mar 13 by Whiterockin

If it was made clear that the majority of supporters do not trust a word they say, then the forum was successful in my opinion. They know exactly where they stand and what needs to be done to improve.

I really don’t think they give a sh1t what the supporters think. It’s not about us, it’s about the $.

If the bottom line goal is achieved, that is the only goal that matters. They should go hand in hand but we have seen over the years that they can make money off sales which affects the performance of the team. The well will run dry though, it’s down to how much money they’ve made for their shareholders over the years. Even if we are in L1 or worse and they sell at a loss, they may have made enough since the day they took over.

We are not alone. I don’t know ways around it. Whether there should be more scrutiny by the EFL is debatable as clubs could. go under if these types of owners don’t buy them.

It’s just sad that a club such as ours who was different and successful fell into such hands. However, I’m not one who blames the ‘sell outs’ who had every right to sell. There was no guarantee for them that anyone better, or even at all would come around.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 15:59 - Mar 13 with 886 viewsDr_Winston

They're not making any money off sales. Not sure why people still think otherwise. All the sales are doing is reducing the amount of cash that they have to put in to stem ongoing losses to merely eye watering levels rather than staggering ones.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 16:29 - Mar 13 with 853 viewsWhiterockin

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 15:59 - Mar 13 by Dr_Winston

They're not making any money off sales. Not sure why people still think otherwise. All the sales are doing is reducing the amount of cash that they have to put in to stem ongoing losses to merely eye watering levels rather than staggering ones.

If they didn't waste money on poor players they wouldn't have to put so much in.
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 16:40 - Mar 13 with 830 viewsLuther27

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 11:34 - Mar 13 by union_jack

I really don’t think they give a sh1t what the supporters think. It’s not about us, it’s about the $.

If the bottom line goal is achieved, that is the only goal that matters. They should go hand in hand but we have seen over the years that they can make money off sales which affects the performance of the team. The well will run dry though, it’s down to how much money they’ve made for their shareholders over the years. Even if we are in L1 or worse and they sell at a loss, they may have made enough since the day they took over.

We are not alone. I don’t know ways around it. Whether there should be more scrutiny by the EFL is debatable as clubs could. go under if these types of owners don’t buy them.

It’s just sad that a club such as ours who was different and successful fell into such hands. However, I’m not one who blames the ‘sell outs’ who had every right to sell. There was no guarantee for them that anyone better, or even at all would come around.

I think that just about sums it up for me.
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 17:17 - Mar 13 with 794 viewsDr_Winston

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 16:29 - Mar 13 by Whiterockin

If they didn't waste money on poor players they wouldn't have to put so much in.

If they cut the clubs spending to the point where it was self sustainable they wouldn't have to put any money in either.

Wonder how that would go down.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 17:29 - Mar 13 with 780 viewsWhiterockin

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 17:17 - Mar 13 by Dr_Winston

If they cut the clubs spending to the point where it was self sustainable they wouldn't have to put any money in either.

Wonder how that would go down.

No need to do that, just cut down on the expensive mistakes. Paying compensation for a manager and sacking him with a pay off after a couple of months. I won't mention Yates, we'll I have. £2M for the Ukrainian, what's happening there. Paying a couple of million for players Pederson and Tjoe-a-on, then offloading on loan. Plus goodness knows what expensive mistakes are happening behind the scenes. A club run by amateurs will lose more money than one run by professionals, no sympathy from me.
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 17:33 - Mar 13 with 770 viewsPawelAbbott

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 17:24 - Mar 12 by swan_si

Hopefully
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 17:47 - Mar 13 with 756 viewsDr_Winston

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 17:29 - Mar 13 by Whiterockin

No need to do that, just cut down on the expensive mistakes. Paying compensation for a manager and sacking him with a pay off after a couple of months. I won't mention Yates, we'll I have. £2M for the Ukrainian, what's happening there. Paying a couple of million for players Pederson and Tjoe-a-on, then offloading on loan. Plus goodness knows what expensive mistakes are happening behind the scenes. A club run by amateurs will lose more money than one run by professionals, no sympathy from me.

So if they didn't spend, for arguments sake, £10m on all that then they wouldn't have to put £10m in. Fine. What would they spend instead?

Bear in mind that monies received for the likes of Downes and Piroe has already been used in part to offset other losses, the vast majority of which is made up by player wages.

Maybe we shouldn't be paying average talents like (including but not limited to) Matt Grimes more than half a million a year to play for us? If you think doing that is amateur management then I'm in full agreement with you. Let's get rid of all the high earners.

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 17:55 - Mar 13 with 733 viewsWhiterockin

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 17:47 - Mar 13 by Dr_Winston

So if they didn't spend, for arguments sake, £10m on all that then they wouldn't have to put £10m in. Fine. What would they spend instead?

Bear in mind that monies received for the likes of Downes and Piroe has already been used in part to offset other losses, the vast majority of which is made up by player wages.

Maybe we shouldn't be paying average talents like (including but not limited to) Matt Grimes more than half a million a year to play for us? If you think doing that is amateur management then I'm in full agreement with you. Let's get rid of all the high earners.

"So if they didn't spend, for arguments sake, £10m on all that then they wouldn't have to put £10m in. Fine. What would they spend instead?"

Nothing for the players I mentioned because they wouldn't have needed to be replaced. As for a head coach, as I have said elsewhere if we had paid for a decent coach we wouldn't have had to pay him off.
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 18:08 - Mar 13 with 699 viewsDr_Winston

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 17:55 - Mar 13 by Whiterockin

"So if they didn't spend, for arguments sake, £10m on all that then they wouldn't have to put £10m in. Fine. What would they spend instead?"

Nothing for the players I mentioned because they wouldn't have needed to be replaced. As for a head coach, as I have said elsewhere if we had paid for a decent coach we wouldn't have had to pay him off.

You've been around long enough to know that statements like "if we had paid for a decent coach we wouldn't have had to pay him off" are nonsensical. There are absolutely no guarantees of success when it comes to either players or managers.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024