Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? 23:45 - Sep 1 with 6527 viewsRichardO

Will be interesting to see how all things will fit together.
Any news on Wood?
Disappointed at losing Morgan but if he wanted to go then so be it.

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 12:25 - Sep 3 with 841 viewsKeithHaynes

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 12:22 - Sep 3 by magicdaps10

Give you a idea of our transfers over the summer.

We have no creative/attacking midfielder but yet have 3 left backs in Pedersen, Tymon and Ojo.

We got in 2 players for the future in Mykolo and Ojo....rumoured to have cost between 700k up to 2.8M 😂

We bid between 2-3M for Keinan Davis when a week before was heading to Hull for 1M, a bidding war kicked in for the last week and we are prepared as I say to go to 2/3M but ended up with a winger striker in Jamal Lowe on loan for a season, interesting to see that Andre Gray has just become a free agent!

I have always liked the free agent market, it's a useful avenue and I would certainly if I were Duff and Watson be looking down this route for a bit of creativity.

Numbers wise it's been good but it's been unbalanced and clearly not planned and kept to that plan as it should.

We clearly had a few million spare because it was available for that Buckley fella who doesn’t like travelling.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 12:32 - Sep 3 with 823 viewsjack247

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 11:46 - Sep 3 by RichardO

Duff has been three months but know all the players and how they will perform game by game is a different thing, how many of the pre-season games included Piroe and Ntcham, some of the forwards have only been here a limited time or not fit enough according to Duff.
We have seen him try and not to make too many changes but he has had to play what looks like a very capable player in Keys out of position, let him settle in, at least on the side he is use to playing, because he got turned inside out for one of their goals.
Ashby looks a good player but one who has a lot to learn about Championship football hopefully can adjust in the same way as Guehi who took time to adjust.
Duff has tried at half time to implement little changes to strengthen our positions in games which haven't come off.
He could of put Tjoe-A-On on at half time seeing as we went to, as requested by most of us, four at the back but did he not want to make too many changes?
I do think the squad is after the last day transfers is a better one but don't think some of the squad are up to speed at the this level yet as a organised team with 3 months of all the players ins and outs.
As people have said, early days for both manager and players. Want to see a turn around of results of course especially with our next game.

I’m not suggesting he knows his squad like a manager who has been with them two seasons would. I’m suggesting he knows them better than Pearson, or any other championship manager, who will have come up against half of them twice a season for the last couple of seasons.

If that isn’t what you were saying in your original post, there’s been a communication breakdown. That’s how I read it.
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 12:41 - Sep 3 with 819 viewsmagicdaps10

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 12:25 - Sep 3 by KeithHaynes

We clearly had a few million spare because it was available for that Buckley fella who doesn’t like travelling.

Given the Piroe money wasn't touched then I would say quite a bit is left, our issue is how a deal is built up as the money won't be spent until its in our account....this is why we loan or have loaned against incoming transfer fees.

We asked for being proactive, they did that but it was the Obafemi money that allowed the domino affect.

Once they get the green light for the Martin money to go in along with the Piroe money then it will certainly be a hefty pot available in January but that could be money for something different rather than possibly making a push for the play offs as they had badly planned for........relegation battle money!?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 12:51 - Sep 3 with 811 viewsmax936

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 12:41 - Sep 3 by magicdaps10

Given the Piroe money wasn't touched then I would say quite a bit is left, our issue is how a deal is built up as the money won't be spent until its in our account....this is why we loan or have loaned against incoming transfer fees.

We asked for being proactive, they did that but it was the Obafemi money that allowed the domino affect.

Once they get the green light for the Martin money to go in along with the Piroe money then it will certainly be a hefty pot available in January but that could be money for something different rather than possibly making a push for the play offs as they had badly planned for........relegation battle money!?

Probably be needed to keep the club solvent!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 12:57 - Sep 3 with 796 viewsWhiterockin

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 12:41 - Sep 3 by magicdaps10

Didn't Coleman say that once the window closed he would reveal the details of his substantial investment. I await the details arriving at Companies House. We could have more, or less than some think.
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 12:58 - Sep 3 with 795 viewsmagicdaps10

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 12:51 - Sep 3 by max936

Probably be needed to keep the club solvent!

You are not suggesting that the owners would lie to us!? 🤥🙈

The windows closed so we should be finding out how much has been invested.
Remember it was kept quiet not to highlight our spending power 😂

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 13:01 - Sep 3 with 790 viewsWhiterockin

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 12:58 - Sep 3 by magicdaps10

This
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 15:10 - Sep 3 with 722 viewsmax936

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 12:58 - Sep 3 by magicdaps10

As if I would

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 15:19 - Sep 3 with 704 viewsRichardO

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 12:32 - Sep 3 by jack247

I’m not suggesting he knows his squad like a manager who has been with them two seasons would. I’m suggesting he knows them better than Pearson, or any other championship manager, who will have come up against half of them twice a season for the last couple of seasons.

If that isn’t what you were saying in your original post, there’s been a communication breakdown. That’s how I read it.

No problem just a difference of opinion around the managers, Pearson has been around the Championdship quite sometime and has had success at this level and has had his team for a while and I'm think he has seen Swansea's teams issues over that time, which still remains, sometimes being able to take advantage of them, yesterday was one of those days, Duff tried to change the team but was unable to nullify the threat down our flanks.

I do think the squad was starting to take shape but needed the new players in on Friday to give us a better shape and balance.
I am also of the opinion that the midfield needs a bit of new blood as well, maybe the new signing can fill that gap as well as the defensive areas.
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 15:38 - Sep 3 with 678 viewsSullutaCreturned

I think I'll wait to give an opinion on new players until I have seen them play, seen how they fit our squad.

We've bought in a lot of players in a short time though so maybe a bit more patience is needed because Duff has always started slowly apparently but, he gets there in the end.
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 16:38 - Sep 3 with 648 viewsKeithHaynes

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 15:19 - Sep 3 by RichardO

No problem just a difference of opinion around the managers, Pearson has been around the Championdship quite sometime and has had success at this level and has had his team for a while and I'm think he has seen Swansea's teams issues over that time, which still remains, sometimes being able to take advantage of them, yesterday was one of those days, Duff tried to change the team but was unable to nullify the threat down our flanks.

I do think the squad was starting to take shape but needed the new players in on Friday to give us a better shape and balance.
I am also of the opinion that the midfield needs a bit of new blood as well, maybe the new signing can fill that gap as well as the defensive areas.

Mowbray did the same to Martin yesterday.
Again.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 16:58 - Sep 3 with 644 viewsRichardO

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 15:38 - Sep 3 by SullutaCreturned

I think I'll wait to give an opinion on new players until I have seen them play, seen how they fit our squad.

We've bought in a lot of players in a short time though so maybe a bit more patience is needed because Duff has always started slowly apparently but, he gets there in the end.

Duff is trying to change things as he thinks the team is not right yet, he changed it half time but it didn't work, players in players out, a tweaked here and a tweak there until he gets it right surely cautioun is the way to go to learn what works, Martin missed the point early in the season last year because of the loss in the first Burnley game and didn't go back to the team that started a run of good results. New players to introduced, Duff was reluctant to use Tjoe-A-On even though he was on the bench on Saturday maybe wanted to give him ten minutes late in the game becausecof fitness concerns, so maybe he got things wrong but the hope is he is learning
[Post edited 3 Sep 2023 17:08]
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 17:08 - Sep 3 with 636 viewsmagicdaps10

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 16:58 - Sep 3 by RichardO

Duff is trying to change things as he thinks the team is not right yet, he changed it half time but it didn't work, players in players out, a tweaked here and a tweak there until he gets it right surely cautioun is the way to go to learn what works, Martin missed the point early in the season last year because of the loss in the first Burnley game and didn't go back to the team that started a run of good results. New players to introduced, Duff was reluctant to use Tjoe-A-On even though he was on the bench on Saturday maybe wanted to give him ten minutes late in the game becausecof fitness concerns, so maybe he got things wrong but the hope is he is learning
[Post edited 3 Sep 2023 17:08]

Tjoe-a-on was only on the bench because we were short on numbers hence why Lissah was also on there.....9 subs will occasionally mean that a player will be on the bench just as a filler.

He isn't planning to use them until their match fitness is up to a certain %.

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 17:10 - Sep 3 with 636 viewsRichardO

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 16:38 - Sep 3 by KeithHaynes

Mowbray did the same to Martin yesterday.
Again.

I must confess it did make me smile a little
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 18:06 - Sep 3 with 606 viewsonehunglow

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 17:10 - Sep 3 by RichardO

I must confess it did make me smile a little

Mowbray a smart operator

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024