Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Intensity 21:24 - Dec 29 with 5114 viewsoldmeadoniansR

Completely lacking from start to finish. Luton were quicker, more decisive and made better decisions throughout. I watched their subs warming up at half time and they played high intensity possession games throughout. I looked over to our half and nothing. A few keepy ups and the odd flick. No wonder Wilock looked undercooked when he came on. Something does seem amiss. Also, very disappointed to see Tim shackled to a deep lying defensive role. He is a game breaker and we need him higher up the pitch. He looked totally disinterested today. No excuse for that but when you lack attacking options it is a waste playing him there. I was very willing to lambast Tyler Roberts today as I have not liked his body language anytime I have seen him play but he played well today. Never thought I would say that
Intensity on 17:36 - Dec 30 with 900 viewsnix

Intensity on 17:33 - Dec 30 by GroveR

Luton beat Norwich - a much better team on paper than both them and us - because they competed from the first to the ninety first minute. Every. Single. Ball. I can't understand how we're so surprised they showed up with an aggressive game plan and a pair of bòllocks - anyone who watched that game knew what was coming.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 17:34]

I'm not surprised they did. I'm surprised at how poorly we attempted it.
Intensity on 18:04 - Dec 30 with 835 viewsstainrods_elbow

Intensity on 17:36 - Dec 30 by nix

I don't think the issue was as much intensity as (lack of) intelligence and ineptitude.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Intensity on 20:11 - Dec 30 with 779 viewsGroveR

Intensity on 17:36 - Dec 30 by nix

Did we though? Attempt it? We seem to have reverted to one speed. Pedestrian.
Intensity on 14:51 - Dec 31 with 688 viewsPinnerPaul

Intensity on 09:14 - Dec 30 by Wilkinswatercarrier

The lack of intensity has been obvious ever since Beale and Wolves broke. We beat Cardiff to go top, and since then, nothing bar the Preston game.
Something is seriously amiss in the squad, probably players looking to get out asap.
The loans need to go back, except Laird who did try last night.
Roberts was OK, but in the wrong areas of the pitch. If you're playing a ten role you're meant to be the support player for the man in possession, or close to the 9. How many times was Dykes up against their centre backs and Robert's was 20 yards away! No option for Chair or Shodipo to play off him either as again not close enough. Maybe if he ran rather than jogged he might get there.

We are in trouble.

We won after Cardiff and drew at Norwich.

How many managers has SJ played under for example - yes they ARE professional footballers - even the young darlings are not going to get any further if they are upset by a change of manager/coach - even the young ones will have been coached by loads of different people - comes with territory - not having that most of them had such a bond with MB (After a few months and 20 odd games) that they have fallen apart because he was leaving/has left and they are STILL upset?

Not for me
Intensity on 15:01 - Dec 31 with 667 viewsed_83

I thought exactly the opposite with Roberts: some good moments in the second half with the header onto the bar and the cross for Dykes, but that was about it. Lost the ball repeatedly by being too casual with it, didn’t get up in support of Dykes, didn’t have the energy or invention to make things happen.

I agree completely about the intensity levels of the team as a whole though: we looked sluggish and half-arsed, our decision-making was always a second too slow and we didn’t have the balls to get properly stuck in. We need a serious change in attitude very quickly.
Intensity on 20:59 - Dec 31 with 579 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Intensity on 17:33 - Dec 30 by GroveR

Luton beat Norwich - a much better team on paper than both them and us - because they competed from the first to the ninety first minute. Every. Single. Ball. I can't understand how we're so surprised they showed up with an aggressive game plan and a pair of bòllocks - anyone who watched that game knew what was coming.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 17:34]

Moreover, it was the same story in the reverse fixture earlier in the season so it should have come as no surprise. I saw more intensity from my children attacking their happy meals.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024