Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Salford City (h) Match Thread 20:19 - Oct 17 with 10150 viewsHullDale

7pm kick off
Salford City (h) Match Thread on 22:20 - Oct 18 with 3230 views442Dale

Salford City (h) Match Thread on 22:19 - Oct 18 by D_Alien

See post above yours

Ah so Accrington as they gained more points in the game against us.

And had less SHORT CLASHES.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Salford City (h) Match Thread on 22:28 - Oct 18 with 3169 viewsNorthernDale

Although we got beat on penalties after drawing against one of the better teams in our division, that shows to me the transformation in the players attitude. A negative is Quigley injury, hopefully it will something minor. The positives can also include the return of Johns, Nelson and Taylor, besides Malley and Brierley getting the full 90 minutes

On Saturday, the defence will no doubt return to the normal, Graham, Ebanks-Landell and Keohane, the only question is will he start with Seriki or Johns. Ball and Kelly will start in the midfield and up front, if Quigley is not fit then, I can see Sinclair starting on the wing, with Rodney playing central. So the performance tonight must be put into context of giving some of players on the fringes of the first team a chance to show Bentley what they can do.
Salford City (h) Match Thread on 22:32 - Oct 18 with 3150 viewsleedsdale

Salford City (h) Match Thread on 22:28 - Oct 18 by NorthernDale

Although we got beat on penalties after drawing against one of the better teams in our division, that shows to me the transformation in the players attitude. A negative is Quigley injury, hopefully it will something minor. The positives can also include the return of Johns, Nelson and Taylor, besides Malley and Brierley getting the full 90 minutes

On Saturday, the defence will no doubt return to the normal, Graham, Ebanks-Landell and Keohane, the only question is will he start with Seriki or Johns. Ball and Kelly will start in the midfield and up front, if Quigley is not fit then, I can see Sinclair starting on the wing, with Rodney playing central. So the performance tonight must be put into context of giving some of players on the fringes of the first team a chance to show Bentley what they can do.

Ball is suspended for Saturday, I think. Or was he suspended tonight?

Agree about Sinclair coming in
[Post edited 18 Oct 2022 22:35]
Salford City (h) Match Thread on 22:37 - Oct 18 with 3112 viewsD_Alien

Salford City (h) Match Thread on 22:20 - Oct 18 by 442Dale

That's the short answer, as was your earlier one!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Salford City (h) Match Thread on 22:38 - Oct 18 with 3108 views442Dale

Salford City (h) Match Thread on 22:32 - Oct 18 by leedsdale

Saturday.

Quigley’s is a groin injury as per Bentley’s interview. Talk of us not getting the shape right after the subs, which seemed to be obvious straight away as all of a sudden we looked light in midfield.

Salford City (h) Match Thread on 22:45 - Oct 18 with 3058 viewsNorthernDale

I think that is one thing we can all agree, Stockdale recruitment left out midfield very thin terms of quality and experience.

So if Ball is suspended, do we drop Hendo into Ball's role or start with either Malley or Brierley.

With Hendo's goal tonight is he now just 2 off the record.
Salford City (h) Match Thread on 22:45 - Oct 18 with 3055 viewsleedsdale

Salford City (h) Match Thread on 22:38 - Oct 18 by 442Dale

Saturday.

Quigley’s is a groin injury as per Bentley’s interview. Talk of us not getting the shape right after the subs, which seemed to be obvious straight away as all of a sudden we looked light in midfield.

Thanks.

Something to look at in January as we need better options for when Diagouraga isn’t on the pitch
Salford City (h) Match Thread on 22:46 - Oct 18 with 3052 viewsTVOS1907

Salford City (h) Match Thread on 22:32 - Oct 18 by leedsdale

Saturday - 5 yellow cards in the league.

Graham was suspended tonight.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Salford City (h) Match Thread on 22:48 - Oct 18 with 3036 views442Dale

Salford City (h) Match Thread on 22:45 - Oct 18 by NorthernDale

I think that is one thing we can all agree, Stockdale recruitment left out midfield very thin terms of quality and experience.

So if Ball is suspended, do we drop Hendo into Ball's role or start with either Malley or Brierley.

With Hendo's goal tonight is he now just 2 off the record.

Definitely not Henderson. Malley probably deserves a go but he really does have to start making better choices when on the ball. Hold onto it for far too long.

Salford City (h) Match Thread on 07:11 - Oct 19 with 2629 viewsfourfourtwo

Salford City (h) Match Thread on 22:46 - Oct 18 by TVOS1907

Saturday - 5 yellow cards in the league.

Graham was suspended tonight.

How come Graham was suspended for last night but Ball is suspended for the league game?
Salford City (h) Match Thread on 07:18 - Oct 19 with 2607 viewsisitme

Graham was booked in both previous Papa Johns games and Ball has five yellow cards in league games.
Salford City (h) Match Thread on 08:57 - Oct 19 with 2434 viewsTVOS1907

Salford City (h) Match Thread on 07:11 - Oct 19 by fourfourtwo

How come Graham was suspended for last night but Ball is suspended for the league game?

Yellow cards and suspensions are competition-specific these days.

Two yellow cards in the PJT = suspension for the next PJT game

Five yellow cards inside 19 league games = suspension for the next available league game

I've got a document at home with the rules on; if I can find a link (or someone else can today), I'll post it.

Salford City (h) Match Thread on 09:10 - Oct 19 with 2405 viewsfourfourtwo

Salford City (h) Match Thread on 08:57 - Oct 19 by TVOS1907

Yellow cards and suspensions are competition-specific these days.

Two yellow cards in the PJT = suspension for the next PJT game

Five yellow cards inside 19 league games = suspension for the next available league game

I've got a document at home with the rules on; if I can find a link (or someone else can today), I'll post it.

Brill thanks for that.

Couldn't get my head around that earlier.
Salford City (h) Match Thread on 12:41 - Oct 19 with 2084 viewsTVOS1907

Salford City (h) Match Thread on 09:10 - Oct 19 by fourfourtwo

Brill thanks for that.

Couldn't get my head around that earlier.

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/player-essentials

pdf at the bottom

Salford City (h) Match Thread on 14:26 - Oct 19 with 1882 viewsAtThePeake

Salford City (h) Match Thread on 21:28 - Oct 18 by isitme

The subs changed the game. Their five offered impact and our three in response left us overwhelmed in midfield and disrupted our left side defensively. Seeing Quigley pull up was not good. I'm not sure why he was even on the bench. Malley looked good and probably should have scored early in the first half. Sinclair put in a good shift and a great cross for Henderson's goal but faded in the second half. Odoh worked tirelessly but again his decision making was found wanting at times. John looked solid at left back and could be a long term option there.

Another unintended consequence of the changes was that switching Keohane to left-back gave their left-winger Simeoes, who Keohane had contained very well, a bit more freedom to attack. Seriki gave us more going forward than Keohane had been doing but Simeoes had been nullified by Keohane before the switch. He scored a few minutes after the subs.

The subs also coincided with Malley and Brierley seeming to slow up, they looked tired both mentally and physically at that point although they had both shown plenty in the first hour. Malley is guilty of overplaying at times, perhaps trying too hard to impress given that his chances of have been limited, but Brierley is going to be a wonderful player.

Tangled up in blue.

Salford City (h) Match Thread on 14:35 - Oct 19 with 1828 views49thseason

Salford City (h) Match Thread on 22:20 - Oct 18 by 442Dale

Fewer shorts clashes.... and I still dont know why we seem to keep playing in black socks at night. Is it not still the case that the visitors are expected to adopt a different strip to that used by the home team and does that not include shorts and socks?
Salford City (h) Match Thread on 15:08 - Oct 19 with 1770 views442Dale

Salford City (h) Match Thread on 14:35 - Oct 19 by 49thseason

Fewer shorts clashes.... and I still dont know why we seem to keep playing in black socks at night. Is it not still the case that the visitors are expected to adopt a different strip to that used by the home team and does that not include shorts and socks?

The rules around the same colour shorts appear to have been relaxed as there examples every week now of it now being allowed. Socks still need to be a different colour for each team, mainly so the officials can have a clearer view of who is playing the ball/tackling etc.

We play in black socks at home this season. Last year it was white. Previously it has been blue and also blue & black hoops.

Those are our designated home socks and should be worn. Much as we should never move away from using the three colours as a first choice strip, that’s exactly how it should be.

Salford City (h) Match Thread on 15:25 - Oct 19 with 1740 viewsTVOS1907

Because that's our home kit this season.

Salford City (h) Match Thread on 15:49 - Oct 19 with 1675 viewsD_Alien

It'd be a brave team that took the field at the COA not wearing shorts or socks, especially as the weather starts to turn

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Salford City (h) Match Thread on 21:38 - Oct 19 with 1246 views442Dale

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024