Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill sacked.. 16:03 - Aug 30 with 6622 viewsdale1968

From scunny..

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Hill sacked.. on 16:32 - Aug 30 with 5275 viewsDaleiLama

Feel for him. Will take some coming back from that one.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Hill sacked.. on 16:49 - Aug 30 with 5198 viewsEllDale

The writing has been on the wall for a few days now.
Lord knows who will employ him now unfortunately.
Hill sacked.. on 17:08 - Aug 30 with 5104 viewsMasher

Was never the same without Flitcroft working with him

Up The Dale!!

Hill sacked.. on 17:08 - Aug 30 with 5101 viewsblackdogblue

Whilst as a person I found him very friendly & what he did for my son when was younger he will always remember.. He to is a family man and wish him well..

On the head not the heart side, thank fook it didn’t happen a couple of weeks ago… a 3rd tenure could have been on the cards

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Hill sacked.. on 17:17 - Aug 30 with 5029 viewsD_Alien

Hill sacked.. on 17:08 - Aug 30 by blackdogblue

Whilst as a person I found him very friendly & what he did for my son when was younger he will always remember.. He to is a family man and wish him well..

On the head not the heart side, thank fook it didn’t happen a couple of weeks ago… a 3rd tenure could have been on the cards

With what he was quoted as saying the other day in relation to the vacancy at Dale, i got the distinct impression he was throwing his hat in the ring

Think he'll find it very difficult now to get another managerial job; why would anyone take a chance on him?

Hope he finds another means of earning a living within the game. He'll always be welcome back at Dale - as a spectator

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hill sacked.. on 17:19 - Aug 30 with 5035 viewsNorthernDale

Hill would be a good Director of Football, in that he has the ability to oversea all aspects of football recruitment and development from the academy to the first team.

I wish Keith all the best and hope that he returns to football very soon.
Hill sacked.. on 17:36 - Aug 30 with 4945 viewsZac_B

I think he did alright at Tranmere and got a raw deal at Bolton. Would love to see him get another chance somewhere.

His first spell at Dale are some of the best days I've ever had. Waking up on a Saturday knowing I was going to see the team play was awesome and I am thankful for that. Watching Dale tear Shrewsbury apart in the snow is my favourite football memory.

I really think he had the club's best interests at heart in the second spell which is why some of his comments were quite outlandish.
Hill sacked.. on 17:38 - Aug 30 with 4930 viewsIOMDale

Hill sacked.. on 17:36 - Aug 30 by Zac_B

I think he did alright at Tranmere and got a raw deal at Bolton. Would love to see him get another chance somewhere.

His first spell at Dale are some of the best days I've ever had. Waking up on a Saturday knowing I was going to see the team play was awesome and I am thankful for that. Watching Dale tear Shrewsbury apart in the snow is my favourite football memory.

I really think he had the club's best interests at heart in the second spell which is why some of his comments were quite outlandish.

That Shrewsbury game is one of my favourites too. I’d flown over fully expecting it to be called off (think every other game in League Two was) but it was on and IIRC, we won 4-0, including a Dawson header.

UTDNFS

Login to get fewer ads

Hill sacked.. on 17:40 - Aug 30 with 4911 viewsZac_B

Hill sacked.. on 17:38 - Aug 30 by IOMDale

That Shrewsbury game is one of my favourites too. I’d flown over fully expecting it to be called off (think every other game in League Two was) but it was on and IIRC, we won 4-0, including a Dawson header.

Ace wasn't it? Total football.
Hill sacked.. on 17:44 - Aug 30 with 4884 viewsfrenzied

Easily the best we've ever had..some great games..quality players with a never say die attitude.
I hope he finds another role soon
Hill sacked.. on 18:09 - Aug 30 with 4770 viewsEllDale

Hill sacked.. on 17:19 - Aug 30 by NorthernDale

Hill would be a good Director of Football, in that he has the ability to oversea all aspects of football recruitment and development from the academy to the first team.

I wish Keith all the best and hope that he returns to football very soon.

Whoever was manager would always be looking over his shoulder at his DOF though.
And his people skills with fans would have to improve!
Would be a shame if he was lost to the game though.
Hill sacked.. on 18:19 - Aug 30 with 4744 views442Dale

Hill sacked.. on 17:08 - Aug 30 by Masher

His second spell, with an immediate promotion and three consecutive seasons in the top half of L1, proves otherwise.

He also had Flitcroft with him at Bolton.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hill sacked.. on 19:51 - Aug 30 with 4402 viewssince58

Hill sacked.. on 18:19 - Aug 30 by 442Dale

His second spell, with an immediate promotion and three consecutive seasons in the top half of L1, proves otherwise.

He also had Flitcroft with him at Bolton.

Good luck keith on your next appointment.
Hope things turn around for you.
Hill sacked.. on 20:29 - Aug 30 with 4240 viewsShun

A win percentage of 7.9%.
Hill sacked.. on 20:33 - Aug 30 with 4216 viewsFrog

Hill sacked.. on 20:29 - Aug 30 by Shun

A win percentage of 7.9%.

3 wins in 40 games, they were very patient!
Hill sacked.. on 20:44 - Aug 30 with 4153 viewsdingdangblue

Hill sacked.. on 17:08 - Aug 30 by Masher

Yes it ended badly but you are re writing history if you forget the half season in League 2 when we were struggling before he came back, the next promotion season and the 3 seasons in League 1 competing for the play offs - all without Flicker.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hill sacked.. on 12:29 - Aug 31 with 3614 viewselectricblue

I think Hill needs a bit of time now to think what is next for him and going back into a youth setup is a good step.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Hill sacked.. on 14:35 - Aug 31 with 3381 viewsdingdangblue

Can really see him managing bury if/when they come back.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hill sacked.. on 16:29 - Aug 31 with 3232 views442Dale

Hill sacked.. on 14:35 - Aug 31 by dingdangblue

Can really see him managing bury if/when they come back.

Would he want to manage at NWCL level? Can’t see that or them getting rid of Andy Welsh any time soon - presuming he is there for the long haul.

Hill sacked.. on 17:05 - Aug 31 with 3138 viewsHullDale

I wonder if, between now and whatever his next permanent role is, there is space for Hill in some sort if 'football advisory' role with the board.

Clear rules of engagement would have to be set (ie no trying to influence the playing side of things, no public speaking etc), but for all the brilliant work our board have done they are still VERY new to life in the corridors of power at a football club - and this isn't in any way a criticism.

Hill could advise on dealing with agents, supporting a manager, use of budget etc... I don't think financially a full time director of football role works for us right now, but an experienced advisor to support the board for 6/12m feels wise.
Hill sacked.. on 17:11 - Aug 31 with 3123 views442Dale

Hill sacked.. on 17:05 - Aug 31 by HullDale

I wonder if, between now and whatever his next permanent role is, there is space for Hill in some sort if 'football advisory' role with the board.

Clear rules of engagement would have to be set (ie no trying to influence the playing side of things, no public speaking etc), but for all the brilliant work our board have done they are still VERY new to life in the corridors of power at a football club - and this isn't in any way a criticism.

Hill could advise on dealing with agents, supporting a manager, use of budget etc... I don't think financially a full time director of football role works for us right now, but an experienced advisor to support the board for 6/12m feels wise.

Whilst possibly not Hill, mainly because he’d loom large over a manager, there will hopefully be some focus around the football experience required off the pitch and how this can fit within the future plans.

Hill sacked.. on 23:28 - Aug 31 with 2835 viewsD_Dale

Hill sacked.. on 17:38 - Aug 30 by IOMDale

Briefly: in Dec 2006 Keith Hill was reappointed, replacing Steve Eyre. (In August 2006 Dale had lost their first four league games, all by a 1-0 score).

Late January, 2007: IMO, 'our' best performance under Hill's management, the defeat of MK Dons, 5-0.

Further icing on the cake: in March: Stockport 2 Dale 7, in April: Dale 5 Macclesfield 0.
Hill sacked.. on 02:03 - Sep 1 with 2724 viewskel

Hill sacked.. on 23:28 - Aug 31 by D_Dale

Briefly: in Dec 2006 Keith Hill was reappointed, replacing Steve Eyre. (In August 2006 Dale had lost their first four league games, all by a 1-0 score).

Late January, 2007: IMO, 'our' best performance under Hill's management, the defeat of MK Dons, 5-0.

Further icing on the cake: in March: Stockport 2 Dale 7, in April: Dale 5 Macclesfield 0.

Eh?
Hill sacked.. on 07:30 - Sep 1 with 2597 viewsTVOS1907

Hill sacked.. on 02:03 - Sep 1 by kel

Eh?

Thought the same!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hill sacked.. on 07:55 - Sep 1 with 2543 viewsTVOS1907

Hill sacked.. on 23:28 - Aug 31 by D_Dale

Hill was appointed for the first time (albeit on a caretaker basis in the first instance) in December 2006, replacing Steve Parkin.

John Coleman, after a spell with Chris Beech in caretaker charge, replaced Steve Eyre in January 2012.

Keith Hill was reappointed in January 2013, replacing John Coleman.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024