Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barristers Strike 09:39 - Jun 27 with 7614 viewsonehunglow

Ey op

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Barristers Strike on 10:10 - Jun 28 with 1123 viewsSirjohnalot

Barristers Strike on 10:07 - Jun 28 by onehunglow

Maybe we should address the causes of crime and why people make a career out of it.

The Court system has been chronic for many years and we simply have too many crimes committed and too many people doing them.

We haven't yet had any government with the guts to do so.

Alcohol, poverty, mental health and drugs account for the overwhelming majority of offences.

Needs massive funding. Will never happen
Barristers Strike on 10:18 - Jun 28 with 1106 viewscontroversial_jack

Barristers Strike on 10:10 - Jun 28 by Sirjohnalot

Alcohol, poverty, mental health and drugs account for the overwhelming majority of offences.

The underlying causes need to be addressed, but in this country they won't
Barristers Strike on 10:19 - Jun 28 with 1105 viewsonehunglow

Barristers Strike on 10:10 - Jun 28 by Sirjohnalot

Cant hard with that John.
And a good morning to you.
Im keeping it tidy you'll note.
Just had an argument with wifey over how we deal with criminals.She's a bit of a lefties ,still. Love her all the same though.

Even a cursory visit to a Mags Court on a Monday morning would shock many .

Barristers Strike on 10:55 - Jun 28 with 1069 viewsSirjohnalot

Barristers Strike on 10:19 - Jun 28 by onehunglow

Cant hard with that John.
And a good morning to you.
Im keeping it tidy you'll note.
Just had an argument with wifey over how we deal with criminals.She's a bit of a lefties ,still. Love her all the same though.

Even a cursory visit to a Mags Court on a Monday morning would shock many .

Problem is, we don't get anywhere simply locking folk up for a short time. Yes, they're out of the way once in prison, but their underlying behaviour is still there. Prisons are dangerous, underfunded places where suicide is rife. Only way to tackle reoffending is looking at the sources of the crimes.

Thoroughly recommend this brilliant book. Met him on one of my marathons. Very interesting guy

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Redemption-Iron-Ironman-John-McAvoy/dp/1785316001#custo
Barristers Strike on 11:13 - Jun 28 with 1047 viewsjack_lord

Barristers Strike on 10:55 - Jun 28 by Sirjohnalot

Problem is, we don't get anywhere simply locking folk up for a short time. Yes, they're out of the way once in prison, but their underlying behaviour is still there. Prisons are dangerous, underfunded places where suicide is rife. Only way to tackle reoffending is looking at the sources of the crimes.

Thoroughly recommend this brilliant book. Met him on one of my marathons. Very interesting guy

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Redemption-Iron-Ironman-John-McAvoy/dp/1785316001#custo

That is exactly what my mate was trying to highlight when he was "in charge" of the prison service at the Home Office.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Barristers Strike on 11:19 - Jun 28 with 1042 viewsjack_lord

Barristers Strike on 10:04 - Jun 28 by controversial_jack

What learning does a police office have to do?Nothing compared to the average tradesman or paramedic or nurse.

That was kind of my point. As OHL is an ex Blue liner I am curious why he holds such angst against the learned professions indicated when the average salary of his chosen career was getting a higher average salary.
I expect I could guess the answer but it doesn't make it a reasonable answer.

As Jesus said, we are individuals, we are all different

Barristers Strike on 11:42 - Jun 28 with 1034 viewsSirjohnalot

Barristers Strike on 11:13 - Jun 28 by jack_lord

That is exactly what my mate was trying to highlight when he was "in charge" of the prison service at the Home Office.

Rory Stewart said similar. What a difference he’d have made as PM
Barristers Strike on 13:34 - Jun 28 with 1006 viewscontroversial_jack

Barristers Strike on 10:07 - Jun 28 by onehunglow

Maybe we should address the causes of crime and why people make a career out of it.

The Court system has been chronic for many years and we simply have too many crimes committed and too many people doing them.

We haven't yet had any government with the guts to do so.

That's what i stated, address the underlying causes.

Druggies alcohol abusers etc don't make a career out of crime, the justice system makes a career out of them.It's bread and butter for many lawyers
Login to get fewer ads

Barristers Strike on 13:43 - Jun 28 with 999 viewsonehunglow

Barristers Strike on 11:19 - Jun 28 by jack_lord

That was kind of my point. As OHL is an ex Blue liner I am curious why he holds such angst against the learned professions indicated when the average salary of his chosen career was getting a higher average salary.

Sad to see this Jase.
I can expect it from contro but not from you.

It is not worth replying .

Barristers Strike on 14:06 - Jun 28 with 990 viewsonehunglow

Barristers Strike on 11:19 - Jun 28 by jack_lord

Reading that then,the non striking miners should have been allowed to go to work then .

Barristers Strike on 14:08 - Jun 28 with 987 viewsCountyJim

Good luck to all Brothers and Sisters on strike
Barristers Strike on 14:08 - Jun 28 with 987 viewsonehunglow

Barristers Strike on 11:42 - Jun 28 by Sirjohnalot

Rory Stewart said similar. What a difference he’d have made as PM

But being a Tory he would have been decribed as priviliged,filthy scum for whom nobody should vote. Get my drift?

Rory's loss to the Tories along with Ruth Davidson has killed them ,as far as Im concerned.

Barristers Strike on 14:28 - Jun 28 with 978 viewsjack_lord

Barristers Strike on 13:43 - Jun 28 by onehunglow

Sad to see this Jase.
I can expect it from contro but not from you.

It is not worth replying .

Sad to see what in this Rich.
I'm not sure why you do hold such educated professions in low esteem. There are reasons I could guess. My reason may be wrong.

Barristers Strike on 18:28 - Jun 28 with 937 viewsmajorraglan

Barristers Strike on 09:56 - Jun 28 by jack_lord

The national average salary for a Surveyor is £37,022 in United Kingdom.
The national average salary for an Accountant is £37,956 per year in United Kingdom.
The average police officer salary is around £44,000 per year in the United Kingdom.
There are conflicting averages for architects but they get awful lot for drawing.

I always wonder why you hold such animosity to the professional vocations where learning has been required.

Not sure where you get the police officer average salary from, but a top line PC after at least 10 years service is on £41k. Starting salary is £21k. They get a 10% unsocial hours for any complete hours worked between 8pm and 5am, but nothing extra for weekends etc.

New entrants also have to complete a degree.
Barristers Strike on 20:47 - Jun 28 with 879 viewsjack_lord

Barristers Strike on 18:28 - Jun 28 by majorraglan

Not sure where you get the police officer average salary from, but a top line PC after at least 10 years service is on £41k. Starting salary is £21k. They get a 10% unsocial hours for any complete hours worked between 8pm and 5am, but nothing extra for weekends etc.

It was data from 999essentials.

A top line pc after 10 years service in on 41k. I suppose that is like saying a top line nurse doesn't earn more than 31.5k after 10 years service. That is, of course true but then there are a whole load of bands above that as there are bands above PC.

Barristers Strike on 20:57 - Jun 28 with 856 viewsonehunglow

Barristers Strike on 18:28 - Jun 28 by majorraglan

It's a piece of cake of a job.Anyone can see that.
Innit.
Posters showing old bitterness lingers for decades.

I am so glad I am no longer in Plod as the job is screwed in a way even committed anti Police people like contro couldnt possibly imagine.

Im not sure why police officers bother getting out of the station to deal with such an ungrateful ,feckless public where everyone knows it all -in their own heads.

I ll tell you this again....few if any on here would last 6 months as a police constable in an inner city and forget Swansea;we 're talking real time ,full on anti social.

I wished the Police had gone on strike.

Barristers Strike on 21:18 - Jun 28 with 840 viewsjack_lord

Barristers Strike on 20:57 - Jun 28 by onehunglow

Innit.

I am so glad I am no longer in Plod as the job is screwed in a way even committed anti Police people like contro couldnt possibly imagine.

Im not sure why police officers bother getting out of the station to deal with such an ungrateful ,feckless public where everyone knows it all -in their own heads.

I ll tell you this again....few if any on here would last 6 months as a police constable in an inner city and forget Swansea;we 're talking real time ,full on anti social.

You've gone off on a totally bizarre rant of no relevance again.

No one is criticizing coppers and the hard work they do.
The only question is why you dislike educated professions.

Barristers Strike on 22:03 - Jun 28 with 828 viewsSirjohnalot

Innit.

Couldn’t you say the same thing about doctors or people on a building site or steelworkers or binmen or janitors in a hospital or carers (ladies that look after my mum are incredible) ?
Barristers Strike on 22:54 - Jun 28 with 796 viewsKeithHaynes

Innit.

As I said mate, they voted against it.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Barristers Strike on 23:03 - Jun 28 with 783 viewsmajorraglan

Barristers Strike on 20:47 - Jun 28 by jack_lord

It was data from 999essentials.

A top line pc after 10 years service in on 41k. I suppose that is like saying a top line nurse doesn't earn more than 31.5k after 10 years service. That is, of course true but then there are a whole load of bands above that as there are bands above PC.

Thanks. I’ve checked it out and it’s not clear how they worked it out. There are ranks and grades above Constable, but the numbers in each rank drop considerably the further up the ladder they go. In terms of PC’s which are the rank and file, it’s £33k.
Barristers Strike on 23:07 - Jun 28 with 775 viewsKeithHaynes

Barristers Strike on 23:03 - Jun 28 by majorraglan

Thanks. I’ve checked it out and it’s not clear how they worked it out. There are ranks and grades above Constable, but the numbers in each rank drop considerably the further up the ladder they go. In terms of PC’s which are the rank and file, it’s £33k.

They don’t start on that though ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Barristers Strike on 23:28 - Jun 28 with 765 viewsjack_lord

Barristers Strike on 23:07 - Jun 28 by KeithHaynes

no profession starts on the average Keith.
This string was about barristers and a strike.
Rich was on about his issue with certain learned professions.
I questioned his attitude toward them out of curiosity as they are not earning more (on average) than his chosen previous profession.
Rich went off on one.
From what I can see therefore, it is ok to slag off other professions but not his.
Obviously a few of us have been in the armed forces and a few of us have been in the police force. I expect only one has been in both.
Who knows how another would be able to cope in someone else's shoes.

Barristers Strike on 00:02 - Jun 29 with 759 viewsmajorraglan

Barristers Strike on 23:07 - Jun 28 by KeithHaynes

No, that’s the average salary for a PC in the UK and reflects the relatively young work force.
Barristers Strike on 09:36 - Jun 29 with 690 viewsWhiterockin

Barristers Strike on 23:28 - Jun 28 by jack_lord

no profession starts on the average Keith.
This string was about barristers and a strike.
Rich was on about his issue with certain learned professions.
I questioned his attitude toward them out of curiosity as they are not earning more (on average) than his chosen previous profession.
Rich went off on one.
From what I can see therefore, it is ok to slag off other professions but not his.
Obviously a few of us have been in the armed forces and a few of us have been in the police force. I expect only one has been in both.
Who knows how another would be able to cope in someone else's shoes.

In fairness its unfair to compare average wages of people who work days Monday to Friday and those who work shifts 24 7 and 365 days of the year. This includes any job.
Barristers Strike on 10:12 - Jun 29 with 663 viewsonehunglow

Barristers Strike on 22:54 - Jun 28 by KeithHaynes

As I said mate, they voted against it.

They did in 1975 Keith.
I was at a conference when they voted not to.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024