Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The dotorg 11:15 - Feb 6 with 22318 viewsdmm

Just for people's info, the dotorg will cease in the next couple of months. There's a notice on there from Drew who runs it.
The dotorg on 16:38 - Feb 11 with 2902 viewsEsox_Lucius

The dotorg on 15:29 - Feb 11 by dmm

Matt Doran, The Blue Hand...

Still spouting Sh!t but on Twitter now. LOL

The grass is always greener.

The dotorg on 21:52 - Feb 11 with 2750 viewsLythamR

The dotorg on 15:07 - Feb 11 by Esox_Lucius

It's a shame you never archived your site, there were some of the best threads on the internet in it.
Do you remember the Canadian girl named Skippy who lived in the wilderness with her daughter & pet wolves and often inquired how Richard Paquette was doing?

Yes Skip was from British Columbia, I do have some of it backed up somewhere but not the whole board which is a shame
The dotorg on 03:31 - Feb 12 with 2678 viewsInsomniacR

The dotorg on 13:36 - Feb 11 by JJB

Glad it's shutting down. BT was shafted bigtime when it all kicked off. " My gaff, my rules" how did that work out for you, pal?
[Post edited 13 Feb 2022 15:41]

"Little fxxcking power Freak Hitler Gnome" referencing an "internet war" 20 years ago! And BT got shafted big time on the internet when it all "kicked off".
Fxxking hilarious! Are you 12?!

I was on the original qprlist in the mid 90's which I believe is still actually going although it may have gone underground now so you didn't hear that from me.

Inspite of the origins, Drew kept that place running for 20 years so I'd suggest it worked out quite well for him and you only have to read the messages of support and thanks in his "Goodbye" post to realise what that site achieved for your fellow QPR fans and I hope his medical situation is nothing serious.

It was a good place to post before it became overrun by approx 5 grown men with a stunning lack of self awareness and who were unable to realise or just didn't care about the negative impact they had on that forum. Another classic case of the minority ruining it for the majority but they were totally oblivious to that and they all left with toys dispersed far and wide from outside their prams.

Fortunately, me and many other posters came here as a result. I remember reading on here maybe 10 years ago how a certain member (alone) made the qprdot.org unreadable back then.

Still, the 5 of them went on to a new group and started a campaign to recruit all the best posters from the dotorg. I wonder how that worked out for them?
The dotorg on 09:53 - Feb 12 with 2588 viewsdmm

Ahaaaa! What jiggery pokery is this? You are not the original dotorg InsomniacR. Who are you; who are you; who are you?
The dotorg on 10:24 - Feb 12 with 2560 viewsEsox_Lucius

The dotorg on 21:52 - Feb 11 by LythamR

Yes Skip was from British Columbia, I do have some of it backed up somewhere but not the whole board which is a shame

I have a story for the next time we meet up at the wall.

The dotorg on 03:07 - Feb 13 with 2413 viewsInsomniacR

The dotorg on 09:53 - Feb 12 by dmm

Ahaaaa! What jiggery pokery is this? You are not the original dotorg InsomniacR. Who are you; who are you; who are you?

That live chat that dotorg used to have during games was ahead of it's time. They were fun while they lasted, weren't they dm?!

You should post on Drew's thread, dm, and tell them (especially UxbridgeR - my new favourite poster â„¢ Don) about just how good this place is. There still are some great posters over there that if/when dotorg does finally dissapear would only add value to this already excellent site.
The dotorg on 14:25 - Feb 13 with 2252 viewsalexferguson60

I just read this in my bed in Texas and was overcome by a sadness.

I met a bunch of people through it. Some for the good, some for the bad.
The dotorg on 14:36 - Feb 13 with 2241 viewsJJB

The dotorg on 03:31 - Feb 12 by InsomniacR

"Little fxxcking power Freak Hitler Gnome" referencing an "internet war" 20 years ago! And BT got shafted big time on the internet when it all "kicked off".

I was on the original qprlist in the mid 90's which I believe is still actually going although it may have gone underground now so you didn't hear that from me.

Inspite of the origins, Drew kept that place running for 20 years so I'd suggest it worked out quite well for him and you only have to read the messages of support and thanks in his "Goodbye" post to realise what that site achieved for your fellow QPR fans and I hope his medical situation is nothing serious.

It was a good place to post before it became overrun by approx 5 grown men with a stunning lack of self awareness and who were unable to realise or just didn't care about the negative impact they had on that forum. Another classic case of the minority ruining it for the majority but they were totally oblivious to that and they all left with toys dispersed far and wide from outside their prams.

Fortunately, me and many other posters came here as a result. I remember reading on here maybe 10 years ago how a certain member (alone) made the qprdot.org unreadable back then.

Still, the 5 of them went on to a new group and started a campaign to recruit all the best posters from the dotorg. I wonder how that worked out for them?

"Drew kept that place running for 20 years so I'd suggest it worked out quite well for him and you only have to read the messages of support and thanks in his "Goodbye" post to realise what that site achieved for your fellow QPR fans"

As for running it for 20 years, you mean the website that he stole the domain name from and changed the password to BEN'S website you mean?

Regarding the 5 grown men, sounds like you were a victim of cyber bullying, are you actually 12!?!?! :)
[Post edited 13 Feb 2022 14:37]

Remember The White City Fighting?
Poll: Would you like to see the return of Mr Warnock?

Login to get fewer ads

The dotorg on 22:25 - Feb 13 with 2068 viewsTimNiceBut

I'm still around, more of a lurked these days.
I haven't even been that for the last 6 months or so.
But have checked in for the first time in ages today.
Ben's abode was always the first port of call for me.
When it got hijacked into dot.org it lost it's shine for me.
I now restrict myself to this site only.
I'm somewhat humbled to think my ramblings
on string theory, chaos theory and there effects on
tooth loss are still remembered.
I just wish I'd kept a copy. Hi hum.

Tim Nice But .... The Only Username I've Ever Used

Tim Nice But ...

The dotorg on 23:04 - Feb 13 with 2016 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The dotorg on 17:50 - Feb 10 by Boston

If the Paul in question was a tall, heavily set gent wiv a sarrf London accent, then you’re probably correct?

That's him. Paul is originally from Tooting and comes back a couple of times a year taking in whatever games are on then.
The dotorg on 00:16 - Feb 14 with 1952 viewsBoston

The dotorg on 22:25 - Feb 13 by TimNiceBut

Always liked a nice butt.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The dotorg on 10:02 - Feb 14 with 1778 viewsEsox_Lucius

Nice to see you Tim, I honestly maintain that that thread was the funniest thing ever on the internet. A close second was a thread on C4BB forum where a woman confessed to getting so drunk in the run up to Xmas that when she had 5x 25kg bags of Brussels sprouts and a selection of knitted/ crocheted meals turn up at her house a few days later she had no recollection of ordering them.

The dotorg on 11:01 - Feb 14 with 1728 viewssantadog

Good to see KeithW, LythamR andTim nice but.. still alive and kicking, although Planet Honneywood is still deluding himself about the MancR’s. As previously mentioned The Alliance delivers and still does!
The dotorg on 11:02 - Feb 14 with 1722 viewsEsox_Lucius

The dotorg on 11:01 - Feb 14 by santadog

Good to see KeithW, LythamR andTim nice but.. still alive and kicking, although Planet Honneywood is still deluding himself about the MancR’s. As previously mentioned The Alliance delivers and still does!

Bore da!
[Post edited 14 Feb 2022 11:04]

The dotorg on 11:04 - Feb 14 with 1716 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The dotorg on 15:29 - Feb 11 by dmm

Matt Doran, The Blue Hand...

Ahh, Datt Moran!

While I would not give him credit for being the person who single handily caused idiocy to befall BT's site, he certainly had the effect.

That said, he did give me and an R's fan I was travelling with in 2002 a right laugh at his expense.

We were in a quiet internet cafe in southern Argentina - they were all the rage back then - when my mate suddenly bursts out laughing from the other side of the cafe. Seemingly someone had given both barrels to Datt Moran after one of his oafish posts, for which Moran had the temerity to respond along the lines of: who was this poster to have a go at 'one of this site's most respected posters'. Utterly priceless!

Personally I thought he was great value. Although thick as pig dung, I think many of us were able to use him as a virtual punchbag whenever we needed to let off steam. As he regularly posted something stupid, you knew that if something annoyed you at home or at work, all you had to do was: log on; find his latest stupidity; vent your spleen as required; and within a short while, equilibrium was restored to your karma.

Frankly, I found him better than yoga for that.

Nameste Matt...total plum mind.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The dotorg on 11:57 - Feb 14 with 1678 viewsslmrstid

The dotorg on 11:04 - Feb 14 by PlanetHonneywood

Ahh, Datt Moran!

While I would not give him credit for being the person who single handily caused idiocy to befall BT's site, he certainly had the effect.

That said, he did give me and an R's fan I was travelling with in 2002 a right laugh at his expense.

We were in a quiet internet cafe in southern Argentina - they were all the rage back then - when my mate suddenly bursts out laughing from the other side of the cafe. Seemingly someone had given both barrels to Datt Moran after one of his oafish posts, for which Moran had the temerity to respond along the lines of: who was this poster to have a go at 'one of this site's most respected posters'. Utterly priceless!

Personally I thought he was great value. Although thick as pig dung, I think many of us were able to use him as a virtual punchbag whenever we needed to let off steam. As he regularly posted something stupid, you knew that if something annoyed you at home or at work, all you had to do was: log on; find his latest stupidity; vent your spleen as required; and within a short while, equilibrium was restored to your karma.

Frankly, I found him better than yoga for that.

Nameste Matt...total plum mind.

I still see his name and the other one who lived in a bin popping up on the QPR Facebook page comments section every now and then and always roll my eyes at whatever nonsense they come out with.

I'm too young to have ever used the original dot org but did post on the dot.dotorg for a bit when I was younger, but my Dad posts on there so I stay away so I can not get parentally stalked on the internet. Not sure what his plans are for following QPR on the internet now!
The dotorg on 12:12 - Feb 14 with 1661 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Was Matt Doran the 'Port fcking Vale' man?
The dotorg on 12:21 - Feb 14 with 1630 viewsCamberleyR

The dotorg on 12:12 - Feb 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

No, he looked like the Milky Bar Kid as I recall.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The dotorg on 12:33 - Feb 14 with 1596 viewsRangersw12

The dotorg on 12:12 - Feb 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

https://twitter.com/FightDoranFight?t=ruuIwiL-mrhN-XtRd1q15g&s=09

The Legend himself
The dotorg on 12:53 - Feb 14 with 1561 viewsdmm

The dotorg on 12:21 - Feb 14 by CamberleyR

No, he looked like the Milky Bar Kid as I recall.

On reflection I can't help but think he must be one of Boris Johnson's lost offspring.
The dotorg on 13:03 - Feb 14 with 1529 viewsSonic_Hoop

The dotorg on 03:31 - Feb 12 by InsomniacR

What a lot of tosh. You are forgetting the "players Lounge" Drew's select forum, invite only, where a small group of posters, including Boston and myself, could hide away and slag off other posters behind their back.

I mentioned this in a Private Message to one of the posters being maligned and was immediately booted from the lounge. That private message had obviously been read. When I posted about the lounge and the fact somebody clearly had access to the private messages, Virginia Arse posted a stream of lies and I was banned.

It is a shame the board has gone, because folk abviously found it useful but I've got no time for Drew, VirginiaArse or that creepy stalker guy who followed us to Ben's board.
The dotorg on 14:39 - Feb 14 with 1467 viewssantadog

The dotorg on 11:02 - Feb 14 by Esox_Lucius

Bore da!
[Post edited 14 Feb 2022 11:04]

Bore da!
The dotorg on 16:16 - Feb 14 with 1398 viewsBoston

The dotorg on 13:03 - Feb 14 by Sonic_Hoop

What a lot of tosh. You are forgetting the "players Lounge" Drew's select forum, invite only, where a small group of posters, including Boston and myself, could hide away and slag off other posters behind their back.

I mentioned this in a Private Message to one of the posters being maligned and was immediately booted from the lounge. That private message had obviously been read. When I posted about the lounge and the fact somebody clearly had access to the private messages, Virginia Arse posted a stream of lies and I was banned.

It is a shame the board has gone, because folk abviously found it useful but I've got no time for Drew, VirginiaArse or that creepy stalker guy who followed us to Ben's board.

Ah, the ‘inner circle’….I still laugh at how they accidentally let me on that, did I manage two posts before I was evicted!?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The dotorg on 17:19 - Feb 14 with 1339 viewsrbee

The dotorg on 14:36 - Feb 13 by JJB

"Drew kept that place running for 20 years so I'd suggest it worked out quite well for him and you only have to read the messages of support and thanks in his "Goodbye" post to realise what that site achieved for your fellow QPR fans"

As for running it for 20 years, you mean the website that he stole the domain name from and changed the password to BEN'S website you mean?

Regarding the 5 grown men, sounds like you were a victim of cyber bullying, are you actually 12!?!?! :)
[Post edited 13 Feb 2022 14:37]

Unfortunately bullying became rife on the dotorg. You, I and most fellow Rangers fans probably have the personalities to deal with it but some don't. Others that could deal with it eventually decided it was no longer worth the hassle.
The dotorg on 18:22 - Feb 14 with 1279 viewsSonic_Hoop

The dotorg on 16:16 - Feb 14 by Boston

Ah, the ‘inner circle’….I still laugh at how they accidentally let me on that, did I manage two posts before I was evicted!?

three posts I think
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024