Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morfa parking 17:37 - Jan 4 with 7365 viewsjack_lord

I know this may have been done to death but my wife has just got stung with a parking charge.
She was innocently going about her Saturday business and left Morfa at 3:55 PM.
Fast forward 9 weeks and she has had a parking charge. She is dismayed.
Of course the Swans were playing but she didn't know about aby parking restrictions on a bloody Saturday. Why would she?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Morfa parking on 20:56 - Jan 4 with 1284 viewsGoldenBear

Morfa parking on 20:20 - Jan 4 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

He wouldn’t have any power. I imagine he gets a hundred letters a week off people who have been caught for parking on a Saturday. Legitimate or otherwise.

Yes he would 100%.
If you approach it the right way.
Morfa parking on 21:00 - Jan 4 with 1271 viewsbuilthjack

Morfa parking on 20:13 - Jan 4 by jack_lord

Cheers Builthy (now where's my pasty?)

Pasty being kept safe Fella

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Morfa parking on 22:33 - Jan 4 with 1233 viewsTreforys_Jack

I ignored it from Morfa a few years ago, but I believe the laws have been tightened up a lot since. I had about a dozen letters with the amount increasing each time, threatening with court etc. They just stopped after about 2yrs. I checked my credit rating afterwards and it was fine. I certainly wouldn't advocate following this route nowadays though. My mate was in B&Q having a kitchen designed so was over the time limit and received a fine, the manager for B&Q was able to rescind it or at least spoke to someone who did.
Morfa parking on 22:45 - Jan 4 with 1222 viewsjack_lord

Morfa parking on 22:33 - Jan 4 by Treforys_Jack

I ignored it from Morfa a few years ago, but I believe the laws have been tightened up a lot since. I had about a dozen letters with the amount increasing each time, threatening with court etc. They just stopped after about 2yrs. I checked my credit rating afterwards and it was fine. I certainly wouldn't advocate following this route nowadays though. My mate was in B&Q having a kitchen designed so was over the time limit and received a fine, the manager for B&Q was able to rescind it or at least spoke to someone who did.

My wife was in B&Q (we are having a new kitchen and she was looking at flooring, TKMaxx, Next Boots and Morrisons Cafe. It is totally ludicrous. Parking restrictions on a Saturday, the main shopping day because something is on that she has no interest in and there was nothing to tell her about the said thing that was going on (to my shame). Which is even crazier is the fact that she left the carpark way before the game had finished. (no she wasn't dropping me off as I was in work)

Morfa parking on 02:13 - Jan 5 with 1179 viewsTreforys_Jack

Morfa parking on 22:45 - Jan 4 by jack_lord

My wife was in B&Q (we are having a new kitchen and she was looking at flooring, TKMaxx, Next Boots and Morrisons Cafe. It is totally ludicrous. Parking restrictions on a Saturday, the main shopping day because something is on that she has no interest in and there was nothing to tell her about the said thing that was going on (to my shame). Which is even crazier is the fact that she left the carpark way before the game had finished. (no she wasn't dropping me off as I was in work)

Speak to the manager from any of those stores, surely they could do something.
Morfa parking on 12:50 - Jan 5 with 1114 viewsjack_lord

Morfa parking on 20:20 - Jan 4 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

He wouldn’t have any power. I imagine he gets a hundred letters a week off people who have been caught for parking on a Saturday. Legitimate or otherwise.

I have just had a phone call from the manager and he is telling the parking company to cancel the penalty.

Morfa parking on 13:12 - Jan 5 with 1105 viewsmajorraglan

Morfa parking on 12:50 - Jan 5 by jack_lord

I have just had a phone call from the manager and he is telling the parking company to cancel the penalty.

Winner!
Morfa parking on 13:37 - Jan 5 with 1089 viewsonehunglow

Have you tried valet parking J?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Morfa parking on 14:07 - Jan 5 with 1081 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Good news.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Morfa parking on 14:08 - Jan 5 with 1080 viewsGoldenBear

Happy Days fella, it pays to be persistent.
Glad its sorted.
Morfa parking on 14:12 - Jan 5 with 1073 viewsfelixstowe_jack

It would also be a good idea if the owners of the Morfa retail park followed the metropolitan police.

On match days in the streets near football grounds there are large road signs which are hinged. When there are no football related restrictions the signs display normal parking restrictions. On match days the the hinged section are lowered to clearly say MATCH DAY RESTRICTIONS ARE IN PROGRESS.
A couple of these large types of signs on the entrance could easily be installed so everyone knows what restrictions are in progress.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Morfa parking on 15:10 - Jan 5 with 1048 viewsjack_lord

Morfa parking on 13:37 - Jan 5 by onehunglow

Have you tried valet parking J?

It's the only option we use if we are flying from anywhere other than Cardiff or Bristol

Morfa parking on 15:27 - Jan 5 with 1040 viewscontroversial_jack

Morfa parking on 14:12 - Jan 5 by felixstowe_jack

It would also be a good idea if the owners of the Morfa retail park followed the metropolitan police.

On match days in the streets near football grounds there are large road signs which are hinged. When there are no football related restrictions the signs display normal parking restrictions. On match days the the hinged section are lowered to clearly say MATCH DAY RESTRICTIONS ARE IN PROGRESS.
A couple of these large types of signs on the entrance could easily be installed so everyone knows what restrictions are in progress.

Spot on. Unless there are clear signs it's unenforceable. Any kind of civil claim or penalty is dependent of the wording .The council in particular, almost always mess up with this
Morfa parking on 15:44 - Jan 5 with 1036 viewsjack_lord

Morfa parking on 14:12 - Jan 5 by felixstowe_jack

Totally agree. I had a good conversation with the manager and he was very helpful. He did point out that the cameras are off at the moment because fans arent currently allowed in the ground so it is OK to shop there on match days.

He did say that they have looked at different ways to manage the car park on game days with the different ANPR companies but all have the same limitation.

The BIG SIGN MATCH DAY at the entrance would be a good starter.

Morfa parking on 16:03 - Jan 5 with 1017 viewsbuilthjack

Good news

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Morfa parking on 16:51 - Jan 5 with 997 viewsraynor94

Morfa parking on 15:44 - Jan 5 by jack_lord

Totally agree. I had a good conversation with the manager and he was very helpful. He did point out that the cameras are off at the moment because fans arent currently allowed in the ground so it is OK to shop there on match days.

He did say that they have looked at different ways to manage the car park on game days with the different ANPR companies but all have the same limitation.

The BIG SIGN MATCH DAY at the entrance would be a good starter.

In fairness there is a big illuminated sign on the by pass approaching the stadium.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Morfa parking on 17:23 - Jan 5 with 985 viewsjack_lord

Morfa parking on 16:51 - Jan 5 by raynor94

In fairness there is a big illuminated sign on the by pass approaching the stadium.

What by-pass approaching the stadium?

Morfa parking on 17:47 - Jan 5 with 975 viewsonehunglow

Morfa parking on 15:10 - Jan 5 by jack_lord

It's the only option we use if we are flying from anywhere other than Cardiff or Bristol

I meant your valet parking it.
You must have made a few bob by now .
Retire and take up fishing or shooting or origami

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Morfa parking on 17:48 - Jan 5 with 976 viewsTreforys_Jack

Morfa parking on 17:23 - Jan 5 by jack_lord

Assume he means by Rossi's , good news about the fine, glad it worked out. It's not always about the money it can be the principal.
Morfa parking on 17:49 - Jan 5 with 976 viewsraynor94

Morfa parking on 17:23 - Jan 5 by jack_lord

Coming in from Morriston, on the left hand side just before the exit to Beaufort industrial estate.

A large illuminated sign saying match is on today

Morfa parking on 17:55 - Jan 5 with 974 viewsjack_lord

Morfa parking on 17:49 - Jan 5 by raynor94

Coming in from Morriston, on the left hand side just before the exit to Beaufort industrial estate.

A large illuminated sign saying match is on today

Chers Raynor. We come the other way. Does it say on that sign that Morfa retail park has parking restrictions - that would be a good idea.

Morfa parking on 18:37 - Jan 5 with 960 viewsraynor94

Morfa parking on 17:55 - Jan 5 by jack_lord

Chers Raynor. We come the other way. Does it say on that sign that Morfa retail park has parking restrictions - that would be a good idea.

It doesn't, but agree would be a good idea, Morrison's has a permanent sign warning of parking restrictions on match days at their entrance.

But there again you would need to check if there is a game on

Morfa parking on 19:13 - Jan 5 with 940 viewsbritferry

Great news

You can come clean now and admit your wife is one of those plastic fans who leave at half time to beat the traffic

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Morfa parking on 19:16 - Jan 5 with 939 viewsjack_lord

Morfa parking on 19:13 - Jan 5 by britferry

Great news

You can come clean now and admit your wife is one of those plastic fans who leave at half time to beat the traffic

She did come with me to the game with the streaker and made me leave early. She was only their as we had been for a meal but because she was there I missed the streaker. Bloody plastic and one reason no one should ever leave a game early.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024