Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window 09:00 - Oct 4 with 3027 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55940/swansea-city-alrea

Click above for the latest swans news.
Click below to subscribe to us on Twitter.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 11:06 - Oct 4 with 2264 viewsChief

Is is telling that there's no mention of the guy from Brentford in there? Who was the recruitment guru?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 11:11 - Oct 4 with 2258 viewsChief

Apologies, Scott I'm referring to.

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 12:14 - Oct 4 with 2196 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Of the strikers we have already:

Piroe drops too deep as he gets no service
Obafemi is injured more often than not
Whittaker can't seem to get minutes
Cullen isn't good enough.

We need a 10 more than we need more strikers. Getting Obafemi fit would help too.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 12:29 - Oct 4 with 2178 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 11:11 - Oct 4 by Chief

Apologies, Scott I'm referring to.

Mark Allen seems to have taken over. He is now sporting director.
Scott is more ‘recruitment’ and by that I assume at a level outside of the first team, at least the majority of the time.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 12:34 - Oct 4 with 2170 viewsCatullus

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 12:14 - Oct 4 by AustinIsOurHero

Of the strikers we have already:

Piroe drops too deep as he gets no service
Obafemi is injured more often than not
Whittaker can't seem to get minutes
Cullen isn't good enough.

We need a 10 more than we need more strikers. Getting Obafemi fit would help too.

Agree about Piroe, lets hope Oba can get and stay fit. Agree about the other two as well.

I thik Paterson is doing ok and Ntcham can be a 10 as well. In fact, if I cou;d swap Cullen and Whittaker for another striker, I would but I think we're alright at 10. The problem there is we play to CAM's where I think one with 2 strikers would work better.

I'm rattling the same sabre again but with 2 strikers we looked far more dangerous, with just Piroe we look a bit toothless. The way our so called wing backs are pushed up we might as well get wingers in and the middle of the park can look a bit congested. Why not go 3-4-1-2 or even 3-2-3-2?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 12:53 - Oct 4 with 2148 viewsChief

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 12:29 - Oct 4 by KeithHaynes

Scott is more ‘recruitment’ and by that I assume at a level outside of the first team, at least the majority of the time.

So he's been demoted to signing kids for the u23s?

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 13:19 - Oct 4 with 2117 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Sourcing and "paying for" are two completely different things.
Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 13:33 - Oct 4 with 2113 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 12:29 - Oct 4 by KeithHaynes

The way I understand it Scott was in charge of senior recruitment and we hired help for him over the summer (Lee Maybury ex-Stoke) while others came in to assist u23s and below (Derek Langley ex-Man Utd, Neil Roberts). It's not a one-man job. As Sporting Director Mark Allen will be at the head of the table rather than the only guy in the room, just as he was for the batch of academy and u23s recruits he oversaw.

If he is the only man in the room that would be concerning.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 14:22 - Oct 4 with 2038 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 12:34 - Oct 4 by Catullus

Agree about Piroe, lets hope Oba can get and stay fit. Agree about the other two as well.

I thik Paterson is doing ok and Ntcham can be a 10 as well. In fact, if I cou;d swap Cullen and Whittaker for another striker, I would but I think we're alright at 10. The problem there is we play to CAM's where I think one with 2 strikers would work better.

I'm rattling the same sabre again but with 2 strikers we looked far more dangerous, with just Piroe we look a bit toothless. The way our so called wing backs are pushed up we might as well get wingers in and the middle of the park can look a bit congested. Why not go 3-4-1-2 or even 3-2-3-2?

Russ selects the team. New striker is futile especially when he is taken off.

Cullen is no striker in football terms

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 16:09 - Oct 4 with 2005 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 13:33 - Oct 4 by jasper_T

The way I understand it Scott was in charge of senior recruitment and we hired help for him over the summer (Lee Maybury ex-Stoke) while others came in to assist u23s and below (Derek Langley ex-Man Utd, Neil Roberts). It's not a one-man job. As Sporting Director Mark Allen will be at the head of the table rather than the only guy in the room, just as he was for the batch of academy and u23s recruits he oversaw.

The academy recruits are not performing too well to date. The U18 in particular do seem to improve as the season develops if the past is anything to go by.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 17:22 - Oct 4 with 1963 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 12:53 - Oct 4 by Chief

Why do you say that? Allen is the chief of all football operations and takes a view of both Scott and Martin. You like to think if Scott suggested hypothetically Barry McKay like Potters man did he would veto it or kick the idea into the long grass. (as most fans would having seen his characteristics).

For example Potter spent £2m on Asoro a speedster. He already had a much better player in the academy he was not aware of in Dan James. Allen would be aware of the whole picture and advised Potter of this player. £3.5m wasted then and there.

Scott carries on as normal I would imagine and simply answers to Allen not Winter. It is a team. I suspect Cooper did not like this team set up and wanted full control of recruitment. This may explain his "not liking the direction the club is moving in" comment.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 17:24]

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 17:31 - Oct 4 with 1947 viewsChief

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 17:22 - Oct 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Why do you say that? Allen is the chief of all football operations and takes a view of both Scott and Martin. You like to think if Scott suggested hypothetically Barry McKay like Potters man did he would veto it or kick the idea into the long grass. (as most fans would having seen his characteristics).

For example Potter spent £2m on Asoro a speedster. He already had a much better player in the academy he was not aware of in Dan James. Allen would be aware of the whole picture and advised Potter of this player. £3.5m wasted then and there.

Scott carries on as normal I would imagine and simply answers to Allen not Winter. It is a team. I suspect Cooper did not like this team set up and wanted full control of recruitment. This may explain his "not liking the direction the club is moving in" comment.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 17:24]

Because Keith stated that Scott is responsible from recruitment outside of the first team. What am I to deduce from that? He's the chief scout for the veterans side?

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 17:54 - Oct 4 with 1918 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 17:31 - Oct 4 by Chief

Because Keith stated that Scott is responsible from recruitment outside of the first team. What am I to deduce from that? He's the chief scout for the veterans side?

You are well known for misquoting people and making incorrect conclusions despite clarifications. Even then you stick to them for some strange reason I cannot explain.

Keith for some reason "assumed " Scott would be focused on underage groups. This a is almost certainly a false assumption. If true Scott would be off quicker than Tate if that was the case. Allen his head of all football such as recruitment , analysis, medical, academy etc. I explained to you how useful that would have been when Potter arrived.

There is no evidence whatsoever that Scott's job has changed. He simply answers to Allen not Winter. Allen takes his recommendations and works them through with Martin. He clearly does have input (Nticham) as does Scott (Piroe and Walsh) and Martin (Downes).

Its a team effort. Martin and Allen will have to "give and take". If Martin wanted Barry McKay hypothetically for example Allen would say to Martin "Trust me on this one I've heard bad reports on his lack of physicality".

One likes to think the incident with Peterson will no longer cause friction.

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 19:57 - Oct 4 with 1806 viewsChief

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 17:54 - Oct 4 by ReslovenSwan1

You are well known for misquoting people and making incorrect conclusions despite clarifications. Even then you stick to them for some strange reason I cannot explain.

Keith for some reason "assumed " Scott would be focused on underage groups. This a is almost certainly a false assumption. If true Scott would be off quicker than Tate if that was the case. Allen his head of all football such as recruitment , analysis, medical, academy etc. I explained to you how useful that would have been when Potter arrived.

There is no evidence whatsoever that Scott's job has changed. He simply answers to Allen not Winter. Allen takes his recommendations and works them through with Martin. He clearly does have input (Nticham) as does Scott (Piroe and Walsh) and Martin (Downes).

Its a team effort. Martin and Allen will have to "give and take". If Martin wanted Barry McKay hypothetically for example Allen would say to Martin "Trust me on this one I've heard bad reports on his lack of physicality".

One likes to think the incident with Peterson will no longer cause friction.

Please point to what I've misquoted then? You are notorious for making things up and this is another example.

You also have penchant for contradictions and this post is no different. You start off saying I misquoted Keith, then you go onto say the exactly same thing as I did - that Keith stated that Scott is now looking after youth recruitment.

Bizarre post.

Yes I'd like to think that Winter wouldn't inform the manager on a matchday by text that one his substitutes had been sold. Hopefully he's learnt his lesson.

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 23:22 - Oct 4 with 1694 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 19:57 - Oct 4 by Chief

Please point to what I've misquoted then? You are notorious for making things up and this is another example.

You also have penchant for contradictions and this post is no different. You start off saying I misquoted Keith, then you go onto say the exactly same thing as I did - that Keith stated that Scott is now looking after youth recruitment.

Bizarre post.

Yes I'd like to think that Winter wouldn't inform the manager on a matchday by text that one his substitutes had been sold. Hopefully he's learnt his lesson.

Keith 'assumed' Scott would be looking after underage age players. He is a journalist or at least a publisher of information. If he said it with certainty like you suggest, it would be based on a source and corroborated. "Assumed" is a big word you need to take note of.

Scott almost certainly is not looking exclusively at youth development. I watched the Allen interview and he is not the recruitment chief, these are two different roles. This does not mean Allen is forbidden from using his contacts. It is a team effort.

You misquoted Keith like you misquote me on a regular basis. It seems to be you modus operand-um that had one poster pulling his hair out.

Winter is the boss and do what he thinks is right. Peterson was going and there was no point having a chat about it. Cooper created the problem and Winter solved it.

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 01:25 - Oct 5 with 1669 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 13:33 - Oct 4 by jasper_T

I think the club needs to clarify exactly what is the situation, it feels slightly top heavy now with Maybury ( is he now part time ? ) I believe Langley and Roberts may well be.

The main issue club have made it quite clear Allen is the main recruiter, however it goes without saying with Scott and four or so others in certain capacities there should be regular input.

Let’s not forget Julian Winter who hold the purse strings.

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 01:28 - Oct 5 with 1662 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 12:53 - Oct 4 by Chief

I didn’t say that.
Recruitment isn’t just players though.

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 03:55 - Oct 5 with 1643 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 01:25 - Oct 5 by KeithHaynes

I think the club needs to clarify exactly what is the situation, it feels slightly top heavy now with Maybury ( is he now part time ? ) I believe Langley and Roberts may well be.

The main issue club have made it quite clear Allen is the main recruiter, however it goes without saying with Scott and four or so others in certain capacities there should be regular input.

Let’s not forget Julian Winter who hold the purse strings.

Probably hard to be definitive when the situation has been so fluid. Some staff in that area have seen their job title/responsibilities change 3 or 4 times in the last 2 years, since the old head of academy recruitment (whose name I forget) left. Nigel Rees moved on less than a year ago, Mark Allen only did 6 months with the academy. The manager's been here 9 busy weeks. If there are any teething troubles they could still take time to work out.

We won't know how good any of these people are at their jobs for a much longer period. Still room for debate over Gerhard Tremmel's eye with Benda.
Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 07:17 - Oct 5 with 1610 viewsChief

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 23:22 - Oct 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Keith 'assumed' Scott would be looking after underage age players. He is a journalist or at least a publisher of information. If he said it with certainty like you suggest, it would be based on a source and corroborated. "Assumed" is a big word you need to take note of.

Scott almost certainly is not looking exclusively at youth development. I watched the Allen interview and he is not the recruitment chief, these are two different roles. This does not mean Allen is forbidden from using his contacts. It is a team effort.

You misquoted Keith like you misquote me on a regular basis. It seems to be you modus operand-um that had one poster pulling his hair out.

Winter is the boss and do what he thinks is right. Peterson was going and there was no point having a chat about it. Cooper created the problem and Winter solved it.

Yes so that's why I asked him the question if he's now looking at players for the u23s. I e underage players. Again please tell me who or what I've misquoted. Because you came to exactly the same conclusion as me - that what Keith said implied that he's now looking at youth recruitment. Whether that's true or not is irrelevant, so don't try and twist it that way. I merely asked a question. A question which you evidently agree with. But for some reason you decided to make something up.

In what way did I misquote Keith? I asked him a question. What poster?

Yes and hopefully next time he'll do things differently because it was a terrible was to conduct business no matter how much you tart it up.

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 07:19 - Oct 5 with 1607 viewsChief

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 01:28 - Oct 5 by KeithHaynes

I didn’t say that.
Recruitment isn’t just players though.

That's why I asked a question - to clarify. To me that's what you were implying.

Does he hire coaches too then?

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 09:55 - Oct 5 with 1558 viewsCatullus

Hmmm, we are arguing about who is doing what when it seems to me the only thing that matters is, whoever is doing whatever they are doing, are they doing a good job?

I don't care if we give Obi Wan Kenobi a coaching job if he can turn Cullen into Vardy or Cabango into Ramos!

Besides that the only thing that matters is are we treating them ok?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 10:02 - Oct 5 with 1541 viewsonehunglow

There is a tendency for fans to align with an individual and back him not the club. That is bizarre.
I am not bothered who runs what so long as they do it well.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 11:36 - Oct 5 with 1508 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 07:19 - Oct 5 by Chief

That's why I asked a question - to clarify. To me that's what you were implying.

Does he hire coaches too then?

As I said the two roles seem to have overlapped for me, speculatively I would imagine he continues doing what he always did but with more emphasis on younger players. I haven’t asked the question directly as I didn’t think it would be that much of an issue.

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 13:58 - Oct 5 with 1450 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 11:36 - Oct 5 by KeithHaynes

As I said the two roles seem to have overlapped for me, speculatively I would imagine he continues doing what he always did but with more emphasis on younger players. I haven’t asked the question directly as I didn’t think it would be that much of an issue.

Do not fall into Chief's spiders web of never ending questions and clarifications Keith. It never ends satisfactorily. I spent hours answering his questions and giving clarifications. At the end of all the research justifying my comment he called me a propagandist and general cad. Shingle has never been the same since his spat with 'The Chief'.

Here is a poem ( As this site's self appointed resident poet)

"Will you walk into my parlor?" said the Spider to the Fly.
"'Tis the prettiest little parlor that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlor is up a winding stair,
And I have many curious things to show when you are there."
"Oh no, no," said the little Fly, "to ask me is in vain;
For who goes up your winding stair can ne'er come down again."

By Mary Howell.

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 16:11 - Oct 5 with 1403 viewsCatullus

Swansea City already sourcing new players for the January transfer window on 13:58 - Oct 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Do not fall into Chief's spiders web of never ending questions and clarifications Keith. It never ends satisfactorily. I spent hours answering his questions and giving clarifications. At the end of all the research justifying my comment he called me a propagandist and general cad. Shingle has never been the same since his spat with 'The Chief'.

Here is a poem ( As this site's self appointed resident poet)

"Will you walk into my parlor?" said the Spider to the Fly.
"'Tis the prettiest little parlor that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlor is up a winding stair,
And I have many curious things to show when you are there."
"Oh no, no," said the little Fly, "to ask me is in vain;
For who goes up your winding stair can ne'er come down again."

By Mary Howell.

If a resident poet there can be
We should put it a vote most free

Potential Bards should be nominated
The job should not be self designated

The nominees can post their prose
and we'll find out who we chose

The winner then can compse verse
For better or for worse
but whoever the winner may be
please god nobody nominate me!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024