Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? 13:08 - Oct 1 with 9503 viewsKeithHaynes

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 17:17 - Oct 2 with 1485 viewsonehunglow

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 12:50 - Oct 2 by ReslovenSwan1

I am pro Martin taking his assurances at face value. His MK Dons team last season had similar results to Swansea's up to mid December when results improved dramatically.

I would expect to see the same or at least convincing evidence of progress by then.

So December then.
Merry Christmas.

Just what do you see that encourages this hope

Do you think Cullen should replace Piroe?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 17:33 - Oct 2 with 1471 viewsThrasher6

Very happy....but nobody can lift themselves out of a negative mindset....it seems that everybody wants to see the worst all the time. It's draining.
Ffs. Why cant you see the progress we are making. Have a look at yourselves...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 17:43 - Oct 2 with 1434 viewsonehunglow

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 17:33 - Oct 2 by Thrasher6

Very happy....but nobody can lift themselves out of a negative mindset....it seems that everybody wants to see the worst all the time. It's draining.

My God.
Well done

Incredible stuff

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 17:47 - Oct 2 with 1443 viewsReslovenSwan1

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 17:17 - Oct 2 by onehunglow

So December then.
Merry Christmas.

Just what do you see that encourages this hope

Do you think Cullen should replace Piroe?

Piroe being subbed seems a fitness issue. Cullen is getting his chance and needs to take it. I see him being loaned out in January unless he can tuck away his chances.

I want to see Swansea side go away and control possession and tempo and add a killer touch. Cooper lost at Derby last season and were under the cosh.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55240970
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 17:49]

Wise sage since Toshack era

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 18:06 - Oct 2 with 1407 viewsDr_Parnassus

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 17:47 - Oct 2 by ReslovenSwan1

Piroe being subbed seems a fitness issue. Cullen is getting his chance and needs to take it. I see him being loaned out in January unless he can tuck away his chances.

I want to see Swansea side go away and control possession and tempo and add a killer touch. Cooper lost at Derby last season and were under the cosh.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55240970
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 17:49]

Cooper had 19 points this time last season.

I’ll take a defeat away to Derby in exchange for that if offering.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 18:37 - Oct 2 with 1380 viewsThrasher6

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 17:43 - Oct 2 by onehunglow

My God.
Well done

Incredible stuff

Not really...jesus this is what you are up against...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 19:36 - Oct 2 with 1338 viewskrunchykarrot

I dont know either way as its way to early to judge him especially as he didnt have a structured pre-season.
And anyway im old enough to remember this Scottish bloke being hammered by fans and press alike, they even lost a derby and were obliterated.
How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 19:37 - Oct 2 with 1337 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 18:06 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Cooper had 19 points this time last season.

I’ll take a defeat away to Derby in exchange for that if offering.

Who cares what Cooper had last season at this point

It’s irrelevant no matter how you dress it up

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Login to get fewer ads

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 19:38 - Oct 2 with 1335 viewsA_Fans_Dad

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 17:33 - Oct 2 by Thrasher6

Yes the players are making some progress, but the Manager isn't.
How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 19:40 - Oct 2 with 1327 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 19:37 - Oct 2 by PatchesOHoulihan

I wasn't a fan of Cooper, however comparing what Martin has achieved compared to Cooper is absolutely relevant.

If we aren't looking for Martin to, at the very least, equal his predecessor's tally, then you're happily accepting for Martin and whoever oversaw his appointment to take the club backwards. That's unacceptable.

He absolutely should be compared to Cooper, which includes comparing point tallies.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 19:52 - Oct 2 with 1311 viewsAndyCole

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 19:40 - Oct 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I wasn't a fan of Cooper, however comparing what Martin has achieved compared to Cooper is absolutely relevant.

If we aren't looking for Martin to, at the very least, equal his predecessor's tally, then you're happily accepting for Martin and whoever oversaw his appointment to take the club backwards. That's unacceptable.

He absolutely should be compared to Cooper, which includes comparing point tallies.

Trevor Birch appointed Cooper, an industry heavyweight with also a professional background in most probably the best global management consulting firm. A proper, deep pedigree.

Had Trevor stuck around there is no doubt whatsoever that Cooper woulda continued to receive Trevor's backing, got Piroe et al, and we would be sitting comfortably in the Prem.

Unfortunately we now have Hapless Winter. Winter sits us heavily at our current Fault Line. It's absolutely make or break right now.

In Winter we cannot possibly trust. And of course we have the Trust lurking with their unTrusts.......

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 19:56 - Oct 2 with 1309 viewsDr_Parnassus

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 19:37 - Oct 2 by PatchesOHoulihan

Resolven, hence why he brought it up.

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 20:32 - Oct 2 with 1273 viewsmajorraglan

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 19:52 - Oct 2 by AndyCole

Trevor Birch appointed Cooper, an industry heavyweight with also a professional background in most probably the best global management consulting firm. A proper, deep pedigree.

Had Trevor stuck around there is no doubt whatsoever that Cooper woulda continued to receive Trevor's backing, got Piroe et al, and we would be sitting comfortably in the Prem.

Unfortunately we now have Hapless Winter. Winter sits us heavily at our current Fault Line. It's absolutely make or break right now.

In Winter we cannot possibly trust. And of course we have the Trust lurking with their unTrusts.......

Birch was a very knowledgeable guy with a wealth of experience in finance and football, there aren’t many around like him hence the reason Spurs and then the EFL came calling. He left big shoes to fill.
How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 20:47 - Oct 2 with 1261 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 19:40 - Oct 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It’s not though because it’s quite clear the requirements set by the board are different

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 21:11 - Oct 2 with 1240 viewsReslovenSwan1

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 19:52 - Oct 2 by AndyCole

Birch made a serious error of judgement in allowing the club facilities and player promote a US hard left political group with values that go against those of the club and the Swansea community. This error was withdrawn and repackaged a few months later to suggest no error was made. The repackaging was clumsy easily seen through by many.

Winter might not have made that silly mistake and done some research first at least. Winter already has one promotion under his belt so might be more suited to Swansea's task. He was know by the US owners.

I believe Silverstein is giving the team momentum and his cash.

Wise sage since Toshack era

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 21:21 - Oct 2 with 1231 viewsvetchonian

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 19:36 - Oct 2 by krunchykarrot

I dont know either way as its way to early to judge him especially as he didnt have a structured pre-season.
And anyway im old enough to remember this Scottish bloke being hammered by fans and press alike, they even lost a derby and were obliterated.

I do too but that certain Scotsman came with a pedigree having won the European cup….I don’t think it’s a similar comparison. But look at Martin’s record last season. Let ts of possession not a lot of goals and not a lot of wins

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 21:22 - Oct 2 with 1230 viewsPawelAbbott

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 12:50 - Oct 2 by ReslovenSwan1

I am pro Martin taking his assurances at face value. His MK Dons team last season had similar results to Swansea's up to mid December when results improved dramatically.

I would expect to see the same or at least convincing evidence of progress by then.

MK Don's finished mid-table, not exactly over excelling.
For me he has spent more money than the past 2 managers had the opportunity to. We currently have as good a first 11 as most other teams in the division but are languishing near the bottom 3. There was clearly going to be a transitional period from Coopers style to Martins and rather than be pragmatic and accept a blending of styles to fit the players we end up with some shambolic performances and total attacking ineptitude.
The man is a fraud, hiding behind platitudes and excuses. A lack of fitness? Total rubbish. It's style over any substance at all. Pass for the sake of passing. I think what he is attempting to mould isn't even a winning style, just a playing ste for the purist.
We have gone from Cooper playing the percentages to win with no style, to Martin who is all style and no points.
Cooper would have bored his way to a top 4 finish with this squad and Martin will pass his way to a bottom 4.
I don't even see the point in giving him more time to develop his own brand of lower table mediocrity.
I'd get him out and start with someone who sees getting points as more important than most passes
How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 21:25 - Oct 2 with 1226 viewsKeithHaynes

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 21:22 - Oct 2 by PawelAbbott

MK Don's finished mid-table, not exactly over excelling.
For me he has spent more money than the past 2 managers had the opportunity to. We currently have as good a first 11 as most other teams in the division but are languishing near the bottom 3. There was clearly going to be a transitional period from Coopers style to Martins and rather than be pragmatic and accept a blending of styles to fit the players we end up with some shambolic performances and total attacking ineptitude.
The man is a fraud, hiding behind platitudes and excuses. A lack of fitness? Total rubbish. It's style over any substance at all. Pass for the sake of passing. I think what he is attempting to mould isn't even a winning style, just a playing ste for the purist.
We have gone from Cooper playing the percentages to win with no style, to Martin who is all style and no points.
Cooper would have bored his way to a top 4 finish with this squad and Martin will pass his way to a bottom 4.
I don't even see the point in giving him more time to develop his own brand of lower table mediocrity.
I'd get him out and start with someone who sees getting points as more important than most passes

And the cash value to do it mate ?
There in is the problem.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 21:56 - Oct 2 with 1199 viewsDr_Parnassus

So you are asking me who cares about Cooper, when I didn’t bring him up… then getting annoyed when I highlight that?

Ok.

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 22:39 - Oct 2 with 1175 viewsWalterBoyd

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 18:26 - Oct 1 by ItchySphincter

Sort the defence out and we should be comfortable in most games.

It's the attacking third we look a bit blunt.

Let's give Whittaker 20-25 minutes on the pitch at least, ideally alongside Pirloe.

Cullen is just not doing it for me.
How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 22:47 - Oct 2 with 1159 viewsWalterBoyd

Cooper had Ayew, an 80k a week player.

Martin doesn't have a player that good at his disposal.

If Ayew was in Martin's team I am very confident we would have scored more and won more this season.

It has nothing to do with the manager.

What has got alot to do with the manager is the style of football and entertainment being provided and this year is far more enjoyable to last year and I can just see it getting better, once a few more tweaks are made ( the attacking third) and some injured players return.
How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 22:58 - Oct 2 with 1136 viewsDr_Parnassus

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 22:47 - Oct 2 by WalterBoyd

If Ayew was in Martin's team I am very confident we would have scored more and won more this season.

What has got alot to do with the manager is the style of football and entertainment being provided and this year is far more enjoyable to last year and I can just see it getting better, once a few more tweaks are made ( the attacking third) and some injured players return.

80k a week is 4m a year.

Martin has had 5m to spend this season on new players, that is without touching their salaries.

If we had Ayew, that would mean there would be no Piroe, Downes, Ntcham, Williams, Pato, Obafemi and Laird.

We essentially exchanged one lot for another, and this lot as a collective sum are far more valuable both to the squad and value wise.

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 01:44 - Oct 3 with 1080 viewsChief

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 21:11 - Oct 2 by ReslovenSwan1

Birch made a serious error of judgement in allowing the club facilities and player promote a US hard left political group with values that go against those of the club and the Swansea community. This error was withdrawn and repackaged a few months later to suggest no error was made. The repackaging was clumsy easily seen through by many.

Winter might not have made that silly mistake and done some research first at least. Winter already has one promotion under his belt so might be more suited to Swansea's task. He was know by the US owners.

I believe Silverstein is giving the team momentum and his cash.

"Silverstein is giving the team momentum"

Interestingly our form took a fairly sharp dip from which we haven't really recovered since around the time he lent the club money.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 07:29 - Oct 3 with 1038 viewsPawelAbbott

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 22:47 - Oct 2 by WalterBoyd

Ayew wouldn't even be in the team for having the audacity to look like scoring. Whittaker gets a hat-trick and is immediately dropped.
Instead we frequently get Cullen looking miles out of his depth.
Whittaker would have been fired up to score against his old club but gets 2 minutes. It's pretty much an insult to do that to him
How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 08:25 - Oct 3 with 1094 viewsOptimisticJack

From day one it was well known time was needed in order to restore our playing style.
Patience is needed and results will come.
The Championship table as in previous years is wide open.
A few wins on the bounce and we could fly up the table.

Optimisticjack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024