Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH 08:58 - Sep 30 with 18769 viewsNotLoyal

DERBY COUNTY V SWANSEA CITY MATCHDAY THREAD

Prutton’s pear shaped predictions
Derby are back into plus points! It is such a credit to Wayne Rooney and his players that they are remaining positive and still picking up results. Swansea were well beaten by Fulham in midweek. They remain a little bit inconsistent in the early stages of Russell Martin’s tenure as he tries to rebuild the side, and I think they could come unstuck again here.

Derby County Championship form:
DLDWLW
Swansea City Championship form:
LDDDWL

Prutton predicts: 1-0

Derby County: Ryan Allsop, Nathan Byrne, Craig Forsyth, Graeme Shinnie, Max Bird, Tom Lawrence (captain), Ravel Morrison, Richard Stearman, Curtis Davies, Jack Stratton, Jason Knight.

Substitutes: Kelle Roos, Kamil Jozwiak, Louie Sibley, Lee Buchanan, Louie Watson, Dylan Williams, Festy Ebosele.

Swansea City: Ben Hamer; Ben Cabango, Kyle Naughton, Ryan Manning; Joel Latibeaudiere, Flynn Downes, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Korey Smith, Jamie Paterson; Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Jay Fulton, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen, Ethan Laird, Liam Walsh, Rhys Williams.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55937/russell-martin-emp

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:08 - Oct 2 with 1262 viewsonehunglow

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:04 - Oct 2 by Catullus

Oh come on Max, they had 24% possession but had 5 shots on target to our 2. Decent result, with all our ball and territory we should be winning. We are clueless in the last third.

What annoys me is, we were winning the ball back in our third and charging forward, several times we went 50-60 yards forward in a few seconds but then we hit Derby's third and we just stopped. Where are the runners, where is the will to try a through ball? Why do we just stop dead and start passing sideways again?

The subs, why keep Whittaker benched until the 89th minute? We had all that possession and territory and we couldn't do anything with it so what did we try, Cullen for Piroe. Why not Cullen AND Piroe?
We just aren't brave enough in the last third and to quote Delboy, he who dares.....

And that's the proble, we don't dare, not up front. Hamer played several risky passes out and we got caught the once but still he did it. Up front we are meek, scared to dare.

Max is being facetious.
Otherwie,like me ,he d implode.

Can be the first to say F'rk off Russy

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:09 - Oct 2 with 1268 viewsnantywatcher

A battle of the two most inept managers in the Championship and it ends in a goalless draw - I mean who would have thought?
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:11 - Oct 2 with 1244 viewsunion_jack

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:58 - Oct 2 by jasper_T

It's a problem that even when we play well with this system we find it difficult to win games. Could do with another Paterson if we insist on playing two behind a lone striker, he was good today as was Grimes and the back three. We're simply not set up to hurt teams when we reach the final third.

Smith the only player who was truly awful. Even Latibeaudiere turned it on a bit second half and had a good chance, bless him. He tries hard.

I'd add Cullen and Laird to the 'awful list'.

Laird looked like he was wearing lead filled boots and Cullen, well I think we've all seen enough now. He needs more time in the 23s or out on loan in Jan but not on the bench at the moment and certainly not on the pitch. Harsh I know but it's a tough business.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:13 - Oct 2 with 1230 viewsDr_Parnassus

“Proud”

“Trust the process”

“Time”

“Possession”

“Dominated”

“Fitness”

Anyone want a game of press conference bingo?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:14 - Oct 2 with 1207 views34dfgdf54

Should be three points. Battered them.

Was calling for Laird all game but he was awful. I really don’t get why Cullen gets the nod before Whittaker either, he showed nothing again.

Matty Grimes outstanding again, our best player.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:15 - Oct 2 with 1193 viewsCatullus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:09 - Oct 2 by nantywatcher

A battle of the two most inept managers in the Championship and it ends in a goalless draw - I mean who would have thought?

I'm not sure about the 2 most inept. Without the points deuction Derby would be in 13th spot and Cardiff lost at home to Reading today with us still being above Hull, Barnsley and Peterborough.

I've been to Peterborough, I never saw so many sheep as on my way there!

But give Martin a chance, he may prove you right!

He has to sort it out up front or we will in with the strugglers all season.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:17 - Oct 2 with 1179 viewsmax936

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:04 - Oct 2 by Catullus

Oh come on Max, they had 24% possession but had 5 shots on target to our 2. Decent result, with all our ball and territory we should be winning. We are clueless in the last third.

What annoys me is, we were winning the ball back in our third and charging forward, several times we went 50-60 yards forward in a few seconds but then we hit Derby's third and we just stopped. Where are the runners, where is the will to try a through ball? Why do we just stop dead and start passing sideways again?

The subs, why keep Whittaker benched until the 89th minute? We had all that possession and territory and we couldn't do anything with it so what did we try, Cullen for Piroe. Why not Cullen AND Piroe?
We just aren't brave enough in the last third and to quote Delboy, he who dares.....

And that's the proble, we don't dare, not up front. Hamer played several risky passes out and we got caught the once but still he did it. Up front we are meek, scared to dare.

Great result today another point in the bag, Crack on Russy boyo, hair looked nice again today 👍

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:17 - Oct 2 with 1167 viewsmax936

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:08 - Oct 2 by onehunglow

Max is being facetious.
Otherwie,like me ,he d implode.

Can be the first to say F'rk off Russy

😜🤣🤣

Login to get fewer ads

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:18 - Oct 2 with 1155 viewsonehunglow

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:17 - Oct 2 by max936

Great result today another point in the bag, Crack on Russy boyo, hair looked nice again today 👍

Bad boy Steve is what you are.

It helps though ,I know in view of this car crash of a coach and his treatment of our players.

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:24 - Oct 2 with 1110 viewsmonmouth

Anyone who picks smith at attacking midfield at any time, and brings on anyone instead of Piroe rather than with him when we are so much on top and needing a goal needs to give their head a massive wobble. Had a sense of humour failure with Martin today.

The same half paced side to side and backwards tango against a Cardiff side that have lost 6 in 7 and he will be in for something rather uncomfortable I would guess.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:25 - Oct 2 with 1103 viewsnantywatcher

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:15 - Oct 2 by Catullus

I'm not sure about the 2 most inept. Without the points deuction Derby would be in 13th spot and Cardiff lost at home to Reading today with us still being above Hull, Barnsley and Peterborough.

I've been to Peterborough, I never saw so many sheep as on my way there!

But give Martin a chance, he may prove you right!

He has to sort it out up front or we will in with the strugglers all season.

"But give Martin a chance, he may prove you right!"
We lost an excellent football savvy manager to be replaced by a guy who has not got a clue. Already, after only three games in charge Nottingham Forest have leapfrogged over us and there are still three quarters of the people on here thinking Martin's going to suddenly change into being a decent manager. And another thing - the football his side is producing is tedious, after two months of him I've lost my will to watch the team. I so wanted us to win today, but at the end of the day leopards don't change their spots and we are lumbered with a gullible dud of a CEO and a manager who peaked about thirty minutes before the first ball was kicked two months ago.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:27 - Oct 2 with 1078 viewsonehunglow

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:24 - Oct 2 by monmouth

Anyone who picks smith at attacking midfield at any time, and brings on anyone instead of Piroe rather than with him when we are so much on top and needing a goal needs to give their head a massive wobble. Had a sense of humour failure with Martin today.

The same half paced side to side and backwards tango against a Cardiff side that have lost 6 in 7 and he will be in for something rather uncomfortable I would guess.

Mike.It was sickening but not surprising.Imagine viewing his post match comments.

BTW,Dan Craig went to school in West Kirby and played junior rugby at Hoylake. He has a good name here

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:27 - Oct 2 with 1077 viewssP7qupUf

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:09 - Oct 2 by nantywatcher

What about the guy up the road?
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:28 - Oct 2 with 1071 views34dfgdf54

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:25 - Oct 2 by nantywatcher

"But give Martin a chance, he may prove you right!"
We lost an excellent football savvy manager to be replaced by a guy who has not got a clue. Already, after only three games in charge Nottingham Forest have leapfrogged over us and there are still three quarters of the people on here thinking Martin's going to suddenly change into being a decent manager. And another thing - the football his side is producing is tedious, after two months of him I've lost my will to watch the team. I so wanted us to win today, but at the end of the day leopards don't change their spots and we are lumbered with a gullible dud of a CEO and a manager who peaked about thirty minutes before the first ball was kicked two months ago.

Cooper was always going to get a manager bounce at Forest, they had down tools under Hughton. Fair play to Copper but it’s still early days to be making comments like that.

We will be fine, just not good a squad to deal with having players like Obafemi and Ntcham out. Laird was biggest worry for me, he was shocking and looked unfit.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:30 - Oct 2 with 1040 viewsCatullus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:17 - Oct 2 by max936

And I thought you didn't do sarcasm ya sarky git

Martin is at a tipping point for me. All the possession means nothing if you can't score and the next match is Cardiff.

He might find the natives a bit more restless if we are toothless against them. On the other hand a decent win and he'll earn some more time and patience.

We should have won today, we shouldhave beaten Hull, if we had we'd be in 12th spot on 15 points and there would probably be very few complaints, it's fine margins, unless you are OHL who is very stubbornly sticking to his guns!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:32 - Oct 2 with 1036 viewsjasper_T

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:28 - Oct 2 by 34dfgdf54

Cooper was always going to get a manager bounce at Forest, they had down tools under Hughton. Fair play to Copper but it’s still early days to be making comments like that.

We will be fine, just not good a squad to deal with having players like Obafemi and Ntcham out. Laird was biggest worry for me, he was shocking and looked unfit.

His shirt looked a bit tight round the middle for sure.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:34 - Oct 2 with 1020 views34dfgdf54

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:32 - Oct 2 by jasper_T

His shirt looked a bit tight round the middle for sure.

Missing Roberts big time. Someone with an engine.

Derby unbeaten at home though, point gained.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:34 - Oct 2 with 1020 viewsLittleEnglandJack

I genuinely haven't seen us dominate a game like that since the Potter days, and those would've been home games as well.

Should we have won? Yes, we should've.

But again, in the context of their form that is a very decent point. Onwards and upwards.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:34 - Oct 2 with 1020 viewsmonmouth

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:28 - Oct 2 by 34dfgdf54

Cooper hasn’t had time to do anything with them. They hated Hughton and this would have happened anyway. They won their first game without Hughton before Cooper got there. He’ll soon impose his style and be booed out. There, I give him one season at best.

That’s not to say we don’t have our own problems, but Cooper wanted out and held out, and I’m glad he’s out. Whether we have made the right replacement will become apparent.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:38 - Oct 2 with 997 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:34 - Oct 2 by monmouth

Cooper hasn’t had time to do anything with them. They hated Hughton and this would have happened anyway. They won their first game without Hughton before Cooper got there. He’ll soon impose his style and be booed out. There, I give him one season at best.

That’s not to say we don’t have our own problems, but Cooper wanted out and held out, and I’m glad he’s out. Whether we have made the right replacement will become apparent.

Their fans say he has completely changed the style and the results are a direct consequence of that.

Only our fans seem to think a manager needs 4 transfer windows to make an impact.

It’s bizarre.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:39 - Oct 2 with 986 viewsReslovenSwan1

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:30 - Oct 2 by Catullus

Martin is at a tipping point for me. All the possession means nothing if you can't score and the next match is Cardiff.

He might find the natives a bit more restless if we are toothless against them. On the other hand a decent win and he'll earn some more time and patience.

We should have won today, we shouldhave beaten Hull, if we had we'd be in 12th spot on 15 points and there would probably be very few complaints, it's fine margins, unless you are OHL who is very stubbornly sticking to his guns!

OHL lives in a perpetual state of angst. He declared his love for Glamorgan cricket which probably explains it to some degree.

Many people before the game sated they would he happy with a point from a tricky away fixture.

If goals are the target you cannot count on Korey Smith to nick a goal. His scoring record is truly abysmal. About 5 league goals in 350 games and 14 seasons. He was clean through in the play off v Barnsley and fell over.

Koey smith is a player for a 0-0 draw. "Bravery in possession" is a Brendan buzz phrase. Bravery in selection is another.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:40 - Oct 2 with 983 views34dfgdf54

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:34 - Oct 2 by monmouth

Yeah Cooper keeping Forest up was never the acid test, it’s what he does when he is asked to build a promotion challenging side. We shall see.

I’m still certain Martin is the man for the job. Need players staying fit.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:41 - Oct 2 with 974 viewsmax936

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:24 - Oct 2 by monmouth

His total dismissal of Fulton puzzles me, not saying he’s the answer, but still

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:44 - Oct 2 with 958 viewsvetchonian

The time for excuses is running out Martin is never going to deliver high scoring football his past record shows that….

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:45 - Oct 2 with 952 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:30 - Oct 2 by Catullus

We are hamstrung in midfield at the moment. Paterson May have a lot of industry but he’s far too lightweight and predictable. Only one of our should be first choice and that was Downes. Nitcham for Grimes , Walsh for Paterson and Obafemi for Smith.

Both Smith and Grimes are too slow and Smiths passing today belied belief at times.
Agreed about Laird too.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024