Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Signing (Pie Supplier) 20:23 - Aug 4 with 16022 viewsWalboro

Could it be Hiltons or Tatterstalls??
New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 10:22 - Aug 5 with 2191 viewsTVOS1907

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 10:11 - Aug 5 by judd

I think it's the former B&Q just off Whitworth Road.

There's one in Heywood - the former Dunne Stores.

Or is that B&M?

Sorry TVOS.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 10:13]

Hasn't B&M just gone to Man City?

Cheers Judd. I'll have a look into it.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 10:27 - Aug 5 with 2180 viewsjoecooke

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 09:42 - Aug 5 by DaleiLama

Quick cooking lesson Chalky. Suet can be used as the fat element in making pastry.

It you're making a rag pudding, you roll the pastry out, pour in the meat mix, seal and steam it (in a rag traditionally) then consume when cooked.

For a meat and tater pie, you get your meat and tater mix in a baking tray, roll over the pastry and bake it in an oven then consume.

Both with mushy peas, + chips with the former.

Until you master this, you'll always be a southerner. When you come up to Spotland, ask for a rag pudding, chips, peas and gravy at the Wilbutts chippy. You won't be disappointed. You won't have much for tea either.

These look decent https://www.dhlees.co.uk/product/rag-puddings-made-with-diced-skirts/

Anyone tried them?

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 10:28 - Aug 5 with 2169 viewsncfc_chalky

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 09:33 - Aug 5 by DaleiLama

Hear, hear. Crushed peas are wrong on so many levels. Sign of the times.

Speaking of which, dried marrowfat peas are almost impossible to buy these days. Like everything pack sizes are shrinking and prices rising. Managed to find a 12.5kg sack on line and it's on its way. That should keep me out of trouble for a while. At least until they start taking effect!

A 12.5kg pack!

You can't possibly need such an amount,how long to they last anyway? (best before date not how long it takes you to get through them),I can remember Morton's mushy pies back in the 70''s but you know what,the 80's arrived and we moved on,I can imagine me going into some backstreet sweet shop and saying how good they've made it look all traditional and retro with their wares and being informed that's it not retro and it's been unchanged since my dad passed it on to me and his dad passed it on to him and....

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 10:46 - Aug 5 with 2095 viewsTVOS1907

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 10:28 - Aug 5 by ncfc_chalky

A 12.5kg pack!

You can't possibly need such an amount,how long to they last anyway? (best before date not how long it takes you to get through them),I can remember Morton's mushy pies back in the 70''s but you know what,the 80's arrived and we moved on,I can imagine me going into some backstreet sweet shop and saying how good they've made it look all traditional and retro with their wares and being informed that's it not retro and it's been unchanged since my dad passed it on to me and his dad passed it on to him and....

Don't you have freezers in Notts, chalky?

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 10:49 - Aug 5 with 2092 viewsjudd

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 10:22 - Aug 5 by TVOS1907

Hasn't B&M just gone to Man City?

Cheers Judd. I'll have a look into it.

Did I just hear somebody laugh?

Talk about bullying or what?

Poll: What is it to be then?

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 10:56 - Aug 5 with 2049 viewsBigKindo

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 10:19 - Aug 5 by ncfc_chalky

You make it sound delicious but I will try one the next time that at Spotland but why do northerners always have to put gravy or mushy peas on chips,surely the pie... erm....I mean pudding has already got gravy in it? Why does it need more to the point of saturation?
There's only one person that I know on here who's not Rochdale born n bred,so c'mon James and be truthful,are they worth buying?

Gravy because it is a savoury meal. I suppose that down there you put on custard. Wait till you go to West Yorkshire where they put mint sauce on their pies etc. That will confuse you.
New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 10:58 - Aug 5 with 2034 views1949er

Cow heel, oxtail and one for Chalky,mushy peas and curry sauce with your rag pudding

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 11:00 - Aug 5 with 2015 viewsDalenet

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 10:08 - Aug 5 by TVOS1907

I've been trying to find some of them for ages. Is there a Home Bargains in town somewhere?

Old Littlewoods shop in the Exchange or the retail park with TK Maxx

I'll check if they have one on Harrogate for you
Login to get fewer ads

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 11:06 - Aug 5 with 1984 viewsTVOS1907

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 11:00 - Aug 5 by Dalenet

Old Littlewoods shop in the Exchange or the retail park with TK Maxx

I'll check if they have one on Harrogate for you

I'll find out myself on Saturday and next Tuesday, but cheers anyway.

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 11:12 - Aug 5 with 1970 viewsncfc_chalky

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 10:56 - Aug 5 by BigKindo

Gravy because it is a savoury meal. I suppose that down there you put on custard. Wait till you go to West Yorkshire where they put mint sauce on their pies etc. That will confuse you.

I know a woman from West Yorkshire and she lives in the IOW now but whenever I would visit she always use to talk about Henderson's Relish on her chips and how they don't sell it down there, unfortunately we had words and I just scowl at it now wherever I walk down the isle of Morrisons

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 11:12 - Aug 5 with 1969 viewsD_Alien

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 10:56 - Aug 5 by BigKindo

Fish is savoury but i nearly vomit whenever i see a photo of battered fish with gravy poured over it

Tried meat pie with mint sauce at the Old Bridge Inn, just over the border in Ripponden. It explained a lot about Yorkshire folk

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 11:15 - Aug 5 with 1967 viewsncfc_chalky

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 10:46 - Aug 5 by TVOS1907

Don't you have freezers in Notts, chalky?

Yes TVOS but we don't fill them with food from the 70's,maybe there's a reason that they are getting harder to find?

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 11:19 - Aug 5 with 1954 viewsD_Alien

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 11:15 - Aug 5 by ncfc_chalky

Yes TVOS but we don't fill them with food from the 70's,maybe there's a reason that they are getting harder to find?

Wouldn't be much room in Notts freezers unless you removed the bodies

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 11:26 - Aug 5 with 1918 viewsTVOS1907

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 11:15 - Aug 5 by ncfc_chalky

Can you still buy food from the 70s in Notts? Things like Maykway curries and Walls Viennetta, for example.

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 11:40 - Aug 5 with 1887 viewsDaleiLama

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 10:19 - Aug 5 by ncfc_chalky

You make it sound delicious but I will try one the next time that at Spotland but why do northerners always have to put gravy or mushy peas on chips,surely the pie... erm....I mean pudding has already got gravy in it? Why does it need more to the point of saturation?
There's only one person that I know on here who's not Rochdale born n bred,so c'mon James and be truthful,are they worth buying?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 11:48 - Aug 5 with 1868 viewsDaleiLama

A 12.5kg pack!

Well, for starters they are dried - no idea what the shelf life will be but for £19, I gave it a punt. Those poxy little 250g boxes were 49p, so by the time I'm 8.75kg in, I should be in profit. Easy to make a small batch of about 1/2 a kilo and freeze the leftovers.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 12:01 - Aug 5 with 1837 viewsncfc_chalky

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 11:26 - Aug 5 by TVOS1907

Can you still buy food from the 70s in Notts? Things like Maykway curries and Walls Viennetta, for example.

Viennettas are worth saving from the 70's as who doesn't like them and they've kept up to date by bringing in new flavours and surely it's a food thats made for the freezer,Maykway curry though I had never heard of and I had to Google it,it still looks it's from the 70's even now,maybe it's a traditional food product among, the Asian community who knows,I noticed that Home Bargains sell it,do they do a lot of trade in food that only northerners like?

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 12:22 - Aug 5 with 1791 viewskel

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 10:27 - Aug 5 by joecooke

These look decent https://www.dhlees.co.uk/product/rag-puddings-made-with-diced-skirts/

Anyone tried them?

Yes. I live in Norden but this is my butcher of choice. He does a belting lamb and mint rag pudding too.
New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 12:39 - Aug 5 with 1738 viewsncfc_chalky

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 12:22 - Aug 5 by kel

Yes. I live in Norden but this is my butcher of choice. He does a belting lamb and mint rag pudding too.

I've got to ask...diced skirts?

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 12:42 - Aug 5 with 1732 viewsTVOS1907

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 12:39 - Aug 5 by ncfc_chalky

I've got to ask...diced skirts?

Beef skirt diced up

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 12:50 - Aug 5 with 1698 viewsncfc_chalky

The butcher that Kel recommends only does local deliverys for local people but Jackson's are willing to send them over the border,are Jackson's a decent butcher and do rag puddings travel well,tbh I fancy trying the lamb and mint ones as well so does anyone else of somewhere that does them?

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:15 - Aug 5 with 1641 viewsjoecooke

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 12:22 - Aug 5 by kel

Cheers for that.Im exiled these days but will nip over to get some of these on your recommendation.

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:18 - Aug 5 with 1628 viewsjoecooke

Not a lover of the jacksons version.They are basically minced meat not proper beef imo

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:22 - Aug 5 with 1602 viewsncfc_chalky

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:18 - Aug 5 by joecooke

Not a lover of the jacksons version.They are basically minced meat not proper beef imo

Thanks,I think that I will just get some when I visit Rochdale next

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:26 - Aug 5 with 1579 viewsNigeriamark

A 12.5kg pack!

So what's the local delicacy your way

Black peas with vinegar on Bonfire night? Parkin ( not the manager)?. Lots of good traditional grub up north. Used to have pigs trotter when I was younger too - Delicious
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024