Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Eustace 21:47 - Jul 21 with 16874 viewsChief

Is this the height of the club's ambition? QPRs assistant?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

John Eustace on 13:34 - Jul 24 with 2052 viewsPBJ

He went to get a license for an manager recently

https://thebootroom.thefa.com/resources/coaching/pro-licence-communicating-with-

Wonder if this has been posted

Always go with the Facts.

John Eustace on 14:23 - Jul 24 with 1953 viewsPBJ

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/add-reply/274191/4230605

A support post for this

https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/sport/15705364.forget-barcelona-get-yourself-to-

[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 16:12]

John Eustace on 16:23 - Jul 24 with 1812 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Chairman of Kidderminster Harriers was lavish in his praise of Eustace for what it is worth.

I will try and add the youtube link.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 16:25]

Wise sage since Toshack era

John Eustace on 16:36 - Jul 24 with 1784 viewsCatullus

John Eustace on 00:13 - Jul 24 by BillyChong

Nothing is long term under the yanks. They are happy to take and develop loanees from other clubs as they are to take the risk on developing cheap managers who’ll be 1) sacked within 18 months or 2) off to better things/on their own accord when they aren’t backed

In football the only things that are truly long term are the fans and the stadia. Players, managers and even the owners come and go.

It's cracking on to 50 years of my supporting the Swans, how many players, managers and owners have come and gone in that time?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

John Eustace on 17:43 - Jul 24 with 1690 viewsDJack

John Eustace on 16:36 - Jul 24 by Catullus

In football the only things that are truly long term are the fans and the stadia. Players, managers and even the owners come and go.

It's cracking on to 50 years of my supporting the Swans, how many players, managers and owners have come and gone in that time?

So it's your fault!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

John Eustace on 17:49 - Jul 24 with 1680 viewsKeithHaynes

Some are dead and their names forgotten, that’s worrying.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

John Eustace on 20:32 - Jul 24 with 1577 viewsBillyChong

Understandable, it’s part and parcel of football. But the yanks seem to have no interest in stabilising the managerial/playing side of things if it comes at a cost. Player loans, risky free signings, rookie managers who will be off as soon as they do well, rookie managers who will be off as soon as they aren’t backed.
John Eustace on 23:25 - Jul 24 with 1485 viewsAndyCole

John Eustace on 17:28 - Jul 23 by Catullus

Cooper himself wasn't reviled, well not by most of us, his football was though. How many managers are so unpopular after such relative success?

A play off final and pushed out the door, it doesn't happen often.

This is precisely the type of false allegation that needs calling out.

Show us some evidence of where he was 'pushed out the door'.

Or is this more of the cowardly bile spewed by the entitled. ? The casual armchair supporter who just wants to be entertained, no matter what. Without the intelligence of seeing the bigger picture.

And we still don't have a better replacement lined up, not even by the Cooperoutists.

Yet it seems plenty are now backpedalling.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Login to get fewer ads

John Eustace on 23:42 - Jul 24 with 1462 viewsBrynmill_Jack

John Eustace on 23:25 - Jul 24 by AndyCole

Or is this more of the cowardly bile spewed by the entitled. ? The casual armchair supporter who just wants to be entertained, no matter what. Without the intelligence of seeing the bigger picture.

And we still don't have a better replacement lined up, not even by the Cooperoutists.

Get over it Mrs Cooper. He’ll get a job somewhere

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

John Eustace on 23:47 - Jul 24 with 1450 viewsDr_Parnassus

These false allegations are coming thick and fast now.

But people are getting trained to spot them by others pointing and calling them out.

I’m satisfied that Cooper is living rent free in their head, with a smug look on his face knowing that he leaves us as one of our most successful managers at this level and there not being a single thing they can do about it.

Facts are facts

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

John Eustace on 23:52 - Jul 24 with 1448 viewsChief

John Eustace on 23:47 - Jul 24 by Dr_Parnassus

These false allegations are coming thick and fast now.

But people are getting trained to spot them by others pointing and calling them out.

I’m satisfied that Cooper is living rent free in their head, with a smug look on his face knowing that he leaves us as one of our most successful managers at this level and there not being a single thing they can do about it.

Facts are facts

I've been told on this forum today that:
1- he should have got Ayew out of the door.
2- he shouldn't have let Gyorkeres go.

It's getting really really silly now.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 23:53]

John Eustace on 00:04 - Jul 25 with 1432 viewscymrojack

Steve Cooper - Diolch for the two seasons of good football and success.

Steve Cooper - Dim diolch for jacking it in at the moment that you realise that you no longer have the likes of Ayew to support you in producing a team of good quality.

Be it John Eustace or other, the club moves on, and we all hope that the club can continue to be successful at this standard. If not, let us not be overtly concerned, because there is such pleasure to be found in watching football and making friends across the country at all levels.

I hope that we can come together as a fanbase and buy the club and run it as a successful co-operative venture in the future.

Perhaps, the above is something we can look into as friends in due course. A fully democratic club run by the fans for the fans and the wider commmunity would be truly wonderful.

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

John Eustace on 00:07 - Jul 25 with 1423 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Yes but it seems Steve didn’t fancy it without Ayew it appears and had it away on his toes

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

John Eustace on 00:07 - Jul 25 with 1421 viewsDr_Parnassus

John Eustace on 23:52 - Jul 24 by Chief

I've been told on this forum today that:
1- he should have got Ayew out of the door.
2- he shouldn't have let Gyorkeres go.

It's getting really really silly now.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 23:53]

The Gyokeres one would have been my favourite if it wasn’t for the one where he should have played Declan John.

The argument for it was pretty wonderful. He was good enough to warm the bench for 16th place Coventry so should have been the starting number 9 for us.

Just bizarre what people are stooping to when it comes to Cooper. But it’s the wild accusations incredibly unlikely to be true that are painted as known fact that I find particularly bizarre.

John Eustace on 02:04 - Jul 25 with 1382 viewsItchySphincter

John Eustace on 00:07 - Jul 25 by Brynmill_Jack

Yes but it seems Steve didn’t fancy it without Ayew it appears and had it away on his toes

Steve sensibly realised he reached the end of the road. He worked hard and probably knew that even if he could work harder he couldn't get anymore out of this weakened group of players. Stepping down was the right and honourable thing to do and it gives the club the chance to develop a different and more sustainable playing style. It also protects his reputation going forward. As always tough choices have to made and Cooper leaving was the least bad choice. Staying on for an extra couple of weeks, even though he wanted out, shows that he didn't have a terrible relationship with the owners and that he is decent person. I wish him success in the future and would be happy to see him land in the Wales set up.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

John Eustace on 03:25 - Jul 25 with 1364 viewsDJack

John Eustace on 02:04 - Jul 25 by ItchySphincter

Steve sensibly realised he reached the end of the road. He worked hard and probably knew that even if he could work harder he couldn't get anymore out of this weakened group of players. Stepping down was the right and honourable thing to do and it gives the club the chance to develop a different and more sustainable playing style. It also protects his reputation going forward. As always tough choices have to made and Cooper leaving was the least bad choice. Staying on for an extra couple of weeks, even though he wanted out, shows that he didn't have a terrible relationship with the owners and that he is decent person. I wish him success in the future and would be happy to see him land in the Wales set up.

That'll confuse people.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

John Eustace on 03:38 - Jul 25 with 1356 viewsDr_Parnassus

John Eustace on 03:25 - Jul 25 by DJack

That'll confuse people.

Not sure why. It’s a fairly sensible summary.

We were on a fantastic trajectory under Cooper. However January proved that Cooper doesn’t have the input into transfers he would like in order to continue the growth he brought to the club and they were not on the same page in terms of the direction of the club.

Cooper-esque signings seemed few and far between and the signings he was forced to work with simply didn’t fit or make any logical sense.

Going by the reports of the board asking an unreasonable amount for him when he could have gone to a club that matched his ambitions, it seemed to be the final straw and he did what he felt was the right thing. I think I would have done the same in the same circumstances.

Good luck to the man, he leaves as one of our most successful football league managers of recent times.

I think his points per game ratio was only bettered by Martinez (who had the luxury of League 1 opposition for a season).

John Eustace on 09:08 - Jul 25 with 1266 viewsPBJ

Latest update

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/incoming-swansea-city

Great sum up of what we need.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 9:10]

John Eustace on 11:17 - Jul 25 with 1160 viewsAndyCole

John Eustace on 09:08 - Jul 25 by PBJ

Latest update

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/incoming-swansea-city

Great sum up of what we need.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 9:10]

The gaping chasm in that (nothing) article is Eustace's big black book of top talent he will be looking to draw - the Kidderminster Harriers luminaries and all that top level talent from the likes of Farsley Celtic, curzon Ashton and the like.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

John Eustace on 11:34 - Jul 25 with 1134 viewsjasper_T

"Who will replace Connor Roberts?" Mitchelmore asks, forgetting that Connor was a sub or playing further forward in the playoffs. A right back to cover the first couple of months of the season is the least of our worries.
John Eustace on 11:37 - Jul 25 with 1118 viewsDr_Winston

John Eustace on 11:34 - Jul 25 by jasper_T

"Who will replace Connor Roberts?" Mitchelmore asks, forgetting that Connor was a sub or playing further forward in the playoffs. A right back to cover the first couple of months of the season is the least of our worries.

Midfield is my biggest concern. Far too many similar players in there as a consequence of Cooper's preference for positional discipline as opposed to actually doing anything with the ball.

Any proceeds from the sale of Grimes needs to be reinvested right back into the centre of the park.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

John Eustace on 11:41 - Jul 25 with 1102 viewsPBJ

John Eustace on 11:37 - Jul 25 by Dr_Winston

Midfield is my biggest concern. Far too many similar players in there as a consequence of Cooper's preference for positional discipline as opposed to actually doing anything with the ball.

Any proceeds from the sale of Grimes needs to be reinvested right back into the centre of the park.

We sold Ayew

What do you think of Vokes?

He did well in the championship now he's struggling at Stokes

+ Home grown(Welsh) & we need a targetman i suppose

Wish we got a link for Vokes.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 11:44]

John Eustace on 11:46 - Jul 25 with 1083 viewsDr_Winston

John Eustace on 11:41 - Jul 25 by PBJ

We sold Ayew

What do you think of Vokes?

He did well in the championship now he's struggling at Stokes

+ Home grown(Welsh) & we need a targetman i suppose

Wish we got a link for Vokes.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 11:44]

We didn't sell Ayew.

If we were going to play the type of football designed to get the best out of Vokes we might as well have kept Cooper.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

John Eustace on 11:48 - Jul 25 with 1075 viewsChief

John Eustace on 11:37 - Jul 25 by Dr_Winston

Centre midfield is certainly an issue. Not sure how Cooper can be blamed though. Fulton&Grimes were here before Cooper, Smith was mostly back up& probably a Scott signing. Cooper brought MGW and Palmer in who are very different to the central midfielders you're referring to.

John Eustace on 11:49 - Jul 25 with 1074 viewsmagicdaps10

Supposedly bringing a guy with him from QPR called Matthew Gardiner.

Interesting reading from WOL, my concerns for the team are a replacement for Guehi at centre half, a creative 10 and a centre forward with a record of scoring goals to go alongside the potential of Cullen and Joseph.
If we ship Grimes out then a replacement would be needed but a Midfield 2 from Fulton, Smith and Walsh is a decent start.
I don't expect a big push this season but I think we can be competitive with what we have but there is a big month coming up with incoming and out goings....This is where Andy Scott and team management can pull together as there appears to have been a very poor working link with these 2 departments in the last few years.

I always remember that Frank Burrows used to get a couple of frees in during this time as squad/suprise ackages, players who were cheap in chance they could end up being good players(Clode, Wimbledon, Cullen, West) think this could be an option with 1 or 2 cheap squad player type.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024