Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club Statement 09:00 - Jul 7 with 25497 viewsSuddenLad

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/july/club-statement_07.07.21/

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Club Statement on 10:56 - Jul 7 with 3184 viewsDalenet

Club Statement on 10:45 - Jul 7 by RooleyMoorBlue

I don't see a problem with anything that has happened so far. The chairman has spoken to potential investors and that is all. As promised the chairman has informed the supporters of this. What more can he do? We don't even know who these potential investors are, yet some are refusing to buy SC's or anything from the club shop. Nothing will be agreed without thorough investigation, so until that time, everyone needs to calm down and stop imagining the worst possible scenarios.

I am certainly pleased with the Trust statement. Still unsure why somebody wants to take a major stake in a club they haven't supported. We will always be suspicious of their intentions given history elsewhere.

My only explanation is that somebody wants to take a stake in a small club, help build it into a bigger club, and make a profit by selling it on. There is no other logic. I don't get the asset stripping story - there are plenty of sites for housing development in the borough and nobody will see Spotland as a prime development site given the legal challenges that would ensue. Of course if they don't succeed in building that bigger club.....

To be honest the holding back of my Season Card purchase (along with others) is both these issues and concerns over covid. I was hoping we would keep some spacing and mask wearing for a while and I am not ready to sit in a crowded stand just yet. No doubt others will tell me to get over myself
Club Statement on 10:57 - Jul 7 with 3180 viewsbazingadale

Club Statement on 10:40 - Jul 7 by R17ALE

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2021/07/trust-meets-with-investor/

Statement from the Trust.

Eases initial fears, but doesn't say "Why Rochdale?"

I feel a tad let down by this statement. Like others have said why Rochdale?

If I was an investor there's nothing about our club that makes me think we are worthwhile investing in as we rarely return a profit and when we do its not substantial enough to make me want to jump at the chance of becoming the owner.
Club Statement on 10:57 - Jul 7 with 3182 viewsjacko_dale

Club Statement on 10:49 - Jul 7 by dale1968

At last someone with sense.

Curran's wife/the Taylor Curran fan club is on Twitter at @kellyrosecurran.

Might be the best way of getting in contact with our potential new major shareholder.
Club Statement on 11:02 - Jul 7 with 3138 viewsjoecooke

Club Statement on 10:53 - Jul 7 by ThreeLions

I read that and all that comes to mind is Why?!!!!!! Its not logical unless you have millions to throw away. I really am sitting on the fence with this and need persuading.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 10:54]

Agree totally. How the shares have been obtained and the lack of open engagement has me concerned.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Club Statement on 11:02 - Jul 7 with 3136 viewsDaleFan7

I read that and all that comes to mind is Why?!!!!!! Its not logical unless you have millions to throw away. I really am sitting on the fence with this and need persuading.

Relatively cheap buy, very little debt, owns own stadium. That can't be said for many clubs and that why we are an attractive 'buy'. The question is, what is the ROI?

We don't have a big fan base, will these new shareholders command bigger fees for youth players going forward rather than rollover like we are used to? How much are their words to the trust worth that the ground won't be used as leverage? How do they propose to finance an increase in playing budget and if they can't what happens to the losses and the debt that's accrued?

All seems very dodgy to me.
Club Statement on 11:03 - Jul 7 with 3109 viewsThreeLions

Club Statement on 10:57 - Jul 7 by bazingadale

I feel a tad let down by this statement. Like others have said why Rochdale?

If I was an investor there's nothing about our club that makes me think we are worthwhile investing in as we rarely return a profit and when we do its not substantial enough to make me want to jump at the chance of becoming the owner.

Can't see you fitting all that on a banner
Club Statement on 11:04 - Jul 7 with 3088 viewsDaleFan7

Club Statement on 10:57 - Jul 7 by jacko_dale

Curran's wife/the Taylor Curran fan club is on Twitter at @kellyrosecurran.

Might be the best way of getting in contact with our potential new major shareholder.

Looks like there's been no tweets since it all started going wrong.
Club Statement on 11:06 - Jul 7 with 3061 viewsjonahwhereru

Club Statement on 09:59 - Jul 7 by BigKindo

You meet a charming young lady. In the fullness of time you are invited to her home for Sunday afternoon tea and to meet her parents. Her Mother politely offers you more strawberry jam for your scone whilst her Father closely observes this, as yet, unknown interloper. into the close knit family circle. Once you have convinced her Father that your intentions are honourable he warms towards you but as soon as the Old Man's back is turned ................

Words are cheap.

BigKindo your post has gone straight into my top 10 all time favourite quotes on here.

The statement from the trust is itself disconcerting. Unless a gold plated Lancastrian (not a wide boy from Essex) rabbit has been pulled from a hat the statement is to good to be true. Make no mistake this is a hostile take over. I can find no cheer in anything I have read.
If it is does turn out to be the individual we fear, I can imagine they are already seeking the advice of Mr Martin in Southend who is also a property developing football club owner. That turned out well.

Sadly I now have to find a way to pair back my emotional attachment to the club, which after 50 years will be difficult. If I don’t the disappointment I am expect the next two years to bring may make me unbearable.

Help (instead of UTD this time)
Login to get fewer ads

Club Statement on 11:23 - Jul 7 with 2904 viewsD_Alien

One word sticks out in the club statement:

"delighted"

Our chairman is delighted the proposed new owners want to retain the setup of the new board

I'm very much afraid its not language i'd be inclined to use

I'd have used "astonished" and kept the quotation marks...

[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 11:43]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Club Statement on 11:34 - Jul 7 with 2812 viewssouthealingdale

what are the names of these investors?

@upthedale on Twitter

Club Statement on 11:37 - Jul 7 with 2790 viewsfermin

Club Statement on 11:06 - Jul 7 by jonahwhereru

BigKindo your post has gone straight into my top 10 all time favourite quotes on here.

The statement from the trust is itself disconcerting. Unless a gold plated Lancastrian (not a wide boy from Essex) rabbit has been pulled from a hat the statement is to good to be true. Make no mistake this is a hostile take over. I can find no cheer in anything I have read.
If it is does turn out to be the individual we fear, I can imagine they are already seeking the advice of Mr Martin in Southend who is also a property developing football club owner. That turned out well.

Sadly I now have to find a way to pair back my emotional attachment to the club, which after 50 years will be difficult. If I don’t the disappointment I am expect the next two years to bring may make me unbearable.

Help (instead of UTD this time)

While the Trust statement is encouraging I am beginning to think the same as you. I find it hard to believe that the trust have met with the rumoured people and been encouraged by them, given their views on Halsall. I can only hope it is someone else.

To think that the other day I was debating how much of a four-figure sum I could pull together towards a share issue to help protect the club.

I will need a lot of convincing if it is the people mentioned previously. The forensic efforts used in the Bury thread would have to be resurrected but this time for us and that will be depressing.
Club Statement on 11:40 - Jul 7 with 2748 viewsSuddenLad

This has nothing to do with Halsall.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Club Statement on 11:45 - Jul 7 with 2678 viewsKnowlesy

I understand a healthy dose of scepticism is required, but some people on here have been downright hostile. I for one am happy to trust the new board who all do seem to have the club's best interests at heart, especially when we don't have all the information. This isn't me 'enjoying the ride', but simply if we do want people to invest money into the club then we need to have some element of trust that the people at the club have done their research. The board seems happy for now, the Trust seems happy for now, can we not get onside and move forward together? I trust the Trust's viewpoint from the meeting that has occurred.
Club Statement on 11:46 - Jul 7 with 2670 viewsD_Alien

Club Statement on 11:40 - Jul 7 by SuddenLad

This has nothing to do with Halsall.

It seems TOWIE

Club Statement on 11:48 - Jul 7 with 2637 viewsHopwoodblue

Let’s not judge before we know who it is. It maybe someone we all know and trust.
We have to believe the new board would not be reckless with our club.
Lets worry when we need to not before.
If the trust are involved surely they would not put a statement like that out if they had doubts ?

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Club Statement on 11:57 - Jul 7 with 2562 viewsYouTubeDale

The last set of accounts for the year ending May 2020 saw us having £556k of loans, an increase of £323k from the previous year. This includes payment for the ground, pitch repair and covid loans. The biggest movement would be covid loans. But has there been more loans added since May 2020? Most to be paid back within 5 years. This is a burden, but surely manageable. Certainly better than most clubs I would guess.

Clearing these debts would be wonderful, but what is the catch? We need to put in as many safeguards into any "agreement" to protect our interests as possible. But would these safeguards be legally binding?
Reading between the lines I am very hopeful, but not naive enough to be shit scared at the same time...a Trojan Horse???

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Club Statement on 11:58 - Jul 7 with 2549 viewsSI_Blue

Anybody know where i can get tax and insurance from?

Backs Against The Wall Since 1907

Club Statement on 12:11 - Jul 7 with 2438 viewsDalenet

Club Statement on 11:57 - Jul 7 by YouTubeDale

The last set of accounts for the year ending May 2020 saw us having £556k of loans, an increase of £323k from the previous year. This includes payment for the ground, pitch repair and covid loans. The biggest movement would be covid loans. But has there been more loans added since May 2020? Most to be paid back within 5 years. This is a burden, but surely manageable. Certainly better than most clubs I would guess.

Clearing these debts would be wonderful, but what is the catch? We need to put in as many safeguards into any "agreement" to protect our interests as possible. But would these safeguards be legally binding?
Reading between the lines I am very hopeful, but not naive enough to be shit scared at the same time...a Trojan Horse???

Its not unreasonable for the club to issue new shares to the investor in turn for the additional cash investment. That would of course increase his shareholding percentage. Just being realistic about that. I'd prefer that rather than loans that need to be repaid on demand

Anyhow lets see whether the new investor is still open to allowing some of the unissued shares to be sold to fans and other remaining shareholders. That would be a telling position
Club Statement on 12:12 - Jul 7 with 2427 viewsAtThePeake

Club Statement on 11:45 - Jul 7 by Knowlesy

I understand a healthy dose of scepticism is required, but some people on here have been downright hostile. I for one am happy to trust the new board who all do seem to have the club's best interests at heart, especially when we don't have all the information. This isn't me 'enjoying the ride', but simply if we do want people to invest money into the club then we need to have some element of trust that the people at the club have done their research. The board seems happy for now, the Trust seems happy for now, can we not get onside and move forward together? I trust the Trust's viewpoint from the meeting that has occurred.

You can trust the new board to have the club's best interests at heart and they can do all the research they like but at the end of the day, if the new investors get a 51% shareholding then there is nothing the board can do and that's where the fear lies. The fear isn't a case of people thinking the new directors could sell us down the river or anything, more than they can't really stop this from happening.

Tangled up in blue.

Club Statement on 12:19 - Jul 7 with 2359 views49thseason

There are perfectly good, well meaning directors pumping money into football clubs all over the country. Our neighbours Oldham are £3m in debt, losing more every week and being kept afloat by money from their main investor.
By comparison, Rochdale is relatively debt free and not a basket case, consequently a better place to invest money which in turn should attract better investors the only mistake I see in the real world of business is the way the current " investors" have set about buying their shares, but they were encouraged to do so by previous directors. Even so, if they are genuine football fans and have money to burn, they may well be the fit and proper people we actually do need.
We are right to be highly suspicious and the last few weeks have been an excellent lesson for many of us in football economics and the governance of our club. In so many ways we are in a better place than at the end of May. What we also know is that money is very tight and the squad is currently threadbare in terms of defenders and numbers.
The club needs to move forwards, to do that it needs more investment, unless there is a lottery winner in our ranks on Friday, its hard to see the future with optimism without some money right now.
If the new board can navigate a deal that secures the future of the club and brings in the money required they will have carried out their duty as Directors and we can all get back to watching instead of worrying.
My fingers are crossed and I trust the new board ... until I don't!
Club Statement on 12:21 - Jul 7 with 2342 viewsYouTubeDale

I am guessing the new investor would want at least 51% ownership after new shares are issued and welcome new funds from others, especially fans. Therefore, I am guessing 40% isn't enough and he/they will be chasing more.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Club Statement on 12:26 - Jul 7 with 2294 viewsD_Alien

Club Statement on 12:21 - Jul 7 by YouTubeDale

I am guessing the new investor would want at least 51% ownership after new shares are issued and welcome new funds from others, especially fans. Therefore, I am guessing 40% isn't enough and he/they will be chasing more.

And they will then be in a position to forestall any further issuing of shares, or only on condition they had rights which enabled them to maintain their majority holding

How this fits in with the very recently stated ethos of having much greater fan ownership i'm not at all sure, since by the very nature welcoming the new investors (unless it's fait accompli) the new board would be rowing back on that ethos - indeed, removing direct control of it

There's the catch, since people are asking why there's such wariness following the club statement: it goes against the ethos stated only in the last week or so

Buying of shares by fans (not necessarily of substantial means themselves) requires a very high degree of confidence in the direction of the club and it's directors. They might take note of that

[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 12:32]

Club Statement on 12:27 - Jul 7 with 2285 viewslove_the_dale

The club statement says
“The prospective new majority shareholders ..."

The Trust statement says
"He has acquired over 40% of the shareholding..."

Does the the word 'prospective' imply that they don't yet have the majority, but expect to have it soon?

Either way, investment implies expectation of a return. Have there been any examples of people with no interest in a club getting a return AND improving the club?
Club Statement on 12:29 - Jul 7 with 2256 viewsSI_Blue

Club Statement on 12:26 - Jul 7 by D_Alien

And they will then be in a position to forestall any further issuing of shares, or only on condition they had rights which enabled them to maintain their majority holding

How this fits in with the very recently stated ethos of having much greater fan ownership i'm not at all sure, since by the very nature welcoming the new investors (unless it's fait accompli) the new board would be rowing back on that ethos - indeed, removing direct control of it

There's the catch, since people are asking why there's such wariness following the club statement: it goes against the ethos stated only in the last week or so

Buying of shares by fans (not necessarily of substantial means themselves) requires a very high degree of confidence in the direction of the club and it's directors. They might take note of that

[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 12:32]

Correct, which means you can kiss the fans obtaining shares like promised, goodbye!

Backs Against The Wall Since 1907

Club Statement on 12:32 - Jul 7 with 2208 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

If this person has acquired 40% of the shareholding from zero, they have bought more than 250,000 shares in the last month. Who would sell? I believe whoever it is was an existing shareholder, as I don't see that many being available. I have a feeling we'll all be pleasantly surprised when all becomes clear. Bottomley and Rawlinson only held 5% between them, that leaves another 35% to be obtained from people willing to sell. A minimum of £0.5m would need to have been spent to secure a majority shareholding in a club worth less than £5m. To me if anything dodgy was afoot then it could only involve someone not very good at mathematics.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024