Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Uncle Ben....Gone 14:52 - Jun 18 with 15905 viewssP7qupUf

The black character that has appeared on Uncle Ben's rice packaging is being dropped to avoid causing offence. When is all this going to end? This example is ridiculous.
Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:50 - Jun 18 with 1730 viewsDarran

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:42 - Jun 18 by Swanjaxs

I didn't realise Neath/Skewen/BF was so crime riddled back in the 70's...

Where was Ironside when you needed him 👍🏻

Prick.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:51 - Jun 18 with 1724 viewsSwanjaxs

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:50 - Jun 18 by Darran

Prick.

😯

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:58 - Jun 18 with 1701 viewsraynor94

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:47 - Jun 18 by Garyjack

What an absolute load of shite! There are millions of people in this country on minimum wage of all ethnic backgrounds. Fortunately most take the road of living decent honest lives and try to better themselves. But then there are the low life scum who as you say " Can earn more in a week than a minimum wage job will pay in a year," and are willing to kill each other on the streets in the process! What an utterly disgraceful post.

Brilliant post, everybody has choices

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Uncle Ben....Gone on 22:10 - Jun 18 with 1666 viewswaynekerr55

It's a bit different now though, social media and the need to be seen to be popular has messed up society.

Yes, people have choices and there will always be people who use things as excuses. It's a fùcked up world nowadays

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:20 - Jun 18 with 1642 viewsDrizzy

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:47 - Jun 18 by Garyjack

What an absolute load of shite! There are millions of people in this country on minimum wage of all ethnic backgrounds. Fortunately most take the road of living decent honest lives and try to better themselves. But then there are the low life scum who as you say " Can earn more in a week than a minimum wage job will pay in a year," and are willing to kill each other on the streets in the process! What an utterly disgraceful post.

Huh?

People to turn to crime because it pays a lot more than minimum wage. Nothing I said condones crime or violence it's a statement of fact. Fewer people would be allured by crime if fewer people were in working poverty.

I have no idea why you're outraged.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:31 - Jun 18 with 1616 viewsGaryjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:20 - Jun 18 by Drizzy

Huh?

People to turn to crime because it pays a lot more than minimum wage. Nothing I said condones crime or violence it's a statement of fact. Fewer people would be allured by crime if fewer people were in working poverty.

I have no idea why you're outraged.

"People to turn to crime because it pays a lot more than minimum wage." No shit Sherlock!

There's a big difference between living in working poverty. and earning thousands per week from crime and sometimes be willing to take the lives of your 'competitors'. That is a life choice. Yet you feel the need to relate to these people?
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:36 - Jun 18 with 1597 viewsSwanjaxs

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:31 - Jun 18 by Garyjack

"People to turn to crime because it pays a lot more than minimum wage." No shit Sherlock!

There's a big difference between living in working poverty. and earning thousands per week from crime and sometimes be willing to take the lives of your 'competitors'. That is a life choice. Yet you feel the need to relate to these people?

People that "turn to crime" are cùnts end of.

Just my opinion like 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Uncle Ben....Gone on 22:54 - Jun 18 with 1562 viewsBanosswan

Uncle Ben....Gone on 22:10 - Jun 18 by waynekerr55

It's a bit different now though, social media and the need to be seen to be popular has messed up society.

Yes, people have choices and there will always be people who use things as excuses. It's a fùcked up world nowadays

Not replying to my post? Just putting a bit of context out there about the plane.

I really respect you as a poster, yet you've fallen in to the bash the government over everything role.

It doesn't suit you

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:02 - Jun 18 with 1540 viewsDrizzy

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:31 - Jun 18 by Garyjack

Yeah it's a life choice that far too many people are making because the alternatives are so bleak. Rather than get outraged at someone's lack of morals, which is a useless exercise, those who want to solve the problem can look at the driving factors. The biggest may well be the lack of secure employment with a living wage rather than the fact they're black, as some point.

A lot of outrage and not a lot of answers.

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:07 - Jun 18 with 1525 viewsBanosswan

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:02 - Jun 18 by Drizzy

Yeah it's a life choice that far too many people are making because the alternatives are so bleak. Rather than get outraged at someone's lack of morals, which is a useless exercise, those who want to solve the problem can look at the driving factors. The biggest may well be the lack of secure employment with a living wage rather than the fact they're black, as some point.

Hi drizzy, could you please describe your experiences as a minority growing up in Newport.

Genuinely thank you.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:33 - Jun 18 with 1503 viewsGaryjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:02 - Jun 18 by Drizzy

The alternatives are not bleak. As i've already stated, there are millions of people from all ethnic backgrounds on minimum wage who live a decent hardworking life in order to better themselves. Those opportunities are open to all.
Then there are the utter scum (who you have decided to become an apologist for), that wish to take the easy road to make money from crime drugs etc, and are willing to take other peoples lives in the process (again you've decided to become an apologist for these). Also note that i haven't mentioned the 'black' word which you seem so keen to promote, the same goes from all ethnic backgrounds. Though it does seem that you are indeed a Black drug dealing murdering apologist.

"A lot of outrage and not a lot of answers." I've provided them, but that's obviously gone over your head more than once.
Uncle Ben....Gone on 23:39 - Jun 18 with 1487 viewsWarwickHunt

Uncle Ben....Gone on 19:10 - Jun 18 by Flashberryjack

Are you still using your Black and Decker ?

I posted on another thread that I sold all my Black and Decker tools and bought Bosch. I didn’t think it through, did I?
(No subject) (n/t) on 23:49 - Jun 18 with 1456 viewsDrizzy

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:33 - Jun 18 by Garyjack

The alternatives are not bleak. As i've already stated, there are millions of people from all ethnic backgrounds on minimum wage who live a decent hardworking life in order to better themselves. Those opportunities are open to all.
Then there are the utter scum (who you have decided to become an apologist for), that wish to take the easy road to make money from crime drugs etc, and are willing to take other peoples lives in the process (again you've decided to become an apologist for these). Also note that i haven't mentioned the 'black' word which you seem so keen to promote, the same goes from all ethnic backgrounds. Though it does seem that you are indeed a Black drug dealing murdering apologist.

"A lot of outrage and not a lot of answers." I've provided them, but that's obviously gone over your head more than once.

Lots of labels for people that commit crimes but no solutions. Labelling criminal scum as criminal scum ad nauseam is a futile exercise.

I replied to a post on this thread that wanted to highlight how black people commit the most crimes proportionally, my point was that poverty is the important factor, not race. Interesting that you've labelled me a "black drug dealing murdering apologist" when I've specifically said race isn't an important factor for crime. There's an argument that young black men are perceived as criminals before they've commited any crime but I don't think you'd be interested.

What's your strategy exactly? Harsher sentencing? Appealing to people's conscience? You're incensed at the suggestion that the reasons for crime are economic and not due to the individual character flaws of every criminal. That's weird because economic issues are easier to address.

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:53 - Jun 18 with 1442 viewsKerouac

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:49 - Jun 18 by Drizzy

Lots of labels for people that commit crimes but no solutions. Labelling criminal scum as criminal scum ad nauseam is a futile exercise.

I replied to a post on this thread that wanted to highlight how black people commit the most crimes proportionally, my point was that poverty is the important factor, not race. Interesting that you've labelled me a "black drug dealing murdering apologist" when I've specifically said race isn't an important factor for crime. There's an argument that young black men are perceived as criminals before they've commited any crime but I don't think you'd be interested.

What's your strategy exactly? Harsher sentencing? Appealing to people's conscience? You're incensed at the suggestion that the reasons for crime are economic and not due to the individual character flaws of every criminal. That's weird because economic issues are easier to address.

That's not true though, the biggest factor statistically is not growing up with a father in the household.

Poverty's a factor but not able to explain it as (as GaryJack said) many who live in poverty don't choose crime.

I would suggest a bigger factor than poverty is education or, more accurately, lack of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Uncle Ben....Gone on 23:55 - Jun 18 with 1439 viewsDrizzy

Just remembered who you were, Gaz. Accused me of having an agenda because I said George Floyd was murdered and then you falsely stated he was high on meth and fentanyl.

Other pearlers include there are no racists on PS just different opinions.

I'm sure you're qualified to have a perfectly reasonable discussion about crime and race. Another graduate from the Highjack school of neutrality, majoring in racism denial.

Uncle Ben....Gone on 00:07 - Jun 19 with 1427 viewsHighjack

Uncle Ben....Gone on 23:55 - Jun 18 by Drizzy

Just remembered who you were, Gaz. Accused me of having an agenda because I said George Floyd was murdered and then you falsely stated he was high on meth and fentanyl.

I'm sure you're qualified to have a perfectly reasonable discussion about crime and race. Another graduate from the Highjack school of neutrality, majoring in racism denial.

Stop following me round like a lovesick puppy. My body far too bootylicious for you baby.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Uncle Ben....Gone on 00:09 - Jun 19 with 1424 viewsKerouac

Uncle Ben....Gone on 00:07 - Jun 19 by Highjack

Stop following me round like a lovesick puppy. My body far too bootylicious for you baby.

I hope he doesn't try to hump your leg

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:09 - Jun 19 with 1425 viewsDrizzy

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:53 - Jun 18 by Kerouac

That's not true though, the biggest factor statistically is not growing up with a father in the household.

Poverty's a factor but not able to explain it as (as GaryJack said) many who live in poverty don't choose crime.

I would suggest a bigger factor than poverty is education or, more accurately, lack of it.

That first sentence is utter bollocks, a myth that's been perpetuated for decades to talk of crime as a cultural issue in the black community as opposed to an economic one.

https://data.london.gov.uk/dataset/a-public-health-approach-to-serious-youth-vio

There's an 8-month-old report discussing youth violence in certain boroughs and associated factors. They listed them in order of strength:

1. Proportion of children living in poverty
2. Positive life satisfaction of 15 yr olds
3. Index of Multiple Deprivation

Not hard to grasp that nearly all violent criminals come from poverty but not everyone in poverty is a criminal. If the latter was true, this country would be akin to Venezuela after 10 years of Conservatives rule.

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:17 - Jun 19 with 1413 viewsGaryjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:49 - Jun 18 by Drizzy

I'm labeling them as scum in answer to your posts where you seem to have every sympathy with people who wish too turn to crime/drug dealing as they can make more in a week than a year on minimum wage, it's interesting that you fail to respond on a number of occasions that while they are carrying out these crimes they often inflict horrific crimes including the murder of their rivals, and also those of innocent people. But hey, it's poverty innit eh!
I certainly haven't got a strategy, have you? Apart from defending their actions because you feel somehow that they are more disadvantaged than the millions of other law abiding citizens living on the breadline, i don't think you do.
(No subject) (n/t) on 00:26 - Jun 19 with 1384 viewsDrizzy

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:17 - Jun 19 by Garyjack

I'm labeling them as scum in answer to your posts where you seem to have every sympathy with people who wish too turn to crime/drug dealing as they can make more in a week than a year on minimum wage, it's interesting that you fail to respond on a number of occasions that while they are carrying out these crimes they often inflict horrific crimes including the murder of their rivals, and also those of innocent people. But hey, it's poverty innit eh!
I certainly haven't got a strategy, have you? Apart from defending their actions because you feel somehow that they are more disadvantaged than the millions of other law abiding citizens living on the breadline, i don't think you do.

I haven't responded because I don't dispute that they inflict violence on others. I don't have sympathy for criminals but I'd like to stop crime by addressing the factors that cause it.

You carry on being outraged at the existence of crime, I'll keep on discussing ways of preventing it.

Uncle Ben....Gone on 00:29 - Jun 19 with 1378 viewsGaryjack

Uncle Ben....Gone on 23:55 - Jun 18 by Drizzy

Hmmm, Whether he was high on drugs or not, i quite clearly stated that he was indeed murdered, so nothing to see there. Also i stated that i would like to think that there were no racists on PS. I stand by that, though if there were then i would condemn them strongly if they were brave enough to show themselves up for what they are.
Uncle Ben....Gone on 00:29 - Jun 19 with 1375 viewsDrizzy

Uncle Ben....Gone on 00:07 - Jun 19 by Highjack

Did you ever get round to donating money to the anti-slavery charities?

https://www.app.college.police.uk/app-content/major-investigation-and-public-pro

Here's the link again, in case you missed it.

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:38 - Jun 19 with 1363 viewsGaryjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:26 - Jun 19 by Drizzy

I haven't responded because I don't dispute that they inflict violence on others. I don't have sympathy for criminals but I'd like to stop crime by addressing the factors that cause it.

You carry on being outraged at the existence of crime, I'll keep on discussing ways of preventing it.

You haven't discussed ways of preventing it at all here tonight though have you? You've just basically stated that you understand why they commit these crimes. As i said you are a criminals apologist. Crime will never be stopped, but please don't put it at the door of 'black' poverty, because that is exactly what you are doing.
(No subject) (n/t) on 00:46 - Jun 19 with 1344 viewsKerouac

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:09 - Jun 19 by Drizzy

That first sentence is utter bollocks, a myth that's been perpetuated for decades to talk of crime as a cultural issue in the black community as opposed to an economic one.

https://data.london.gov.uk/dataset/a-public-health-approach-to-serious-youth-vio

There's an 8-month-old report discussing youth violence in certain boroughs and associated factors. They listed them in order of strength:

1. Proportion of children living in poverty
2. Positive life satisfaction of 15 yr olds
3. Index of Multiple Deprivation

Not hard to grasp that nearly all violent criminals come from poverty but not everyone in poverty is a criminal. If the latter was true, this country would be akin to Venezuela after 10 years of Conservatives rule.

It's not bollocks, it's the truth...and who said anything about it only relating to people with non-white skin?
Not me.

Who would think like that?

Read this short article, It contains stats doesn't it....
https://hurt2healingmag.com/scandal-of-the-absent-black-fathers-in-the-uk/
Is it written by racists looking to smear the 'black community'?

Some more...

1) Big problem for the country...forget skin colour;
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-22820829

2) https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/living-on-the-edge-the-real-reasons-why-b

3) https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/co-parenting-after-divorce/201205/father

4) How an absent father is the largest factor in predicting a childhood in higher poverty
http://marripedia.org/effects_of_fatherless_families_on_crime_rates
https://www.mnpsych.org/index.php%3Foption%3Dcom_dailyplanetblog%26view%3Dentry%

5) https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/08/29/talk-gang-cultures-elephant-room-abs

6) https://www.families.com/absent-fathers-and-the-awful-statistics-part-one

Venezuela? I thought Jezza claimed we had a lot to learn from them

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:50 - Jun 19 with 1330 viewsDrizzy

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:38 - Jun 19 by Garyjack

You haven't discussed ways of preventing it at all here tonight though have you? You've just basically stated that you understand why they commit these crimes. As i said you are a criminals apologist. Crime will never be stopped, but please don't put it at the door of 'black' poverty, because that is exactly what you are doing.

Understanding the biggest factors for why the crimes are committed in the first place is the first step to solving them.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to go any further because I've had to argue against the idea that crime is primarily a race or moral issue. Both of which are wrong for different reasons.

Tying it all together with your suggestion that there aren't any racists on here. Felixstowe brought up crime statistics for black people, how were they relevant? It's a poverty issue (amongst other things) and not a race issue. What's he trying to suggest, black people are naturally inclined to be criminal?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024