Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brewster 15:12 - Dec 29 with 39940 views34dfgdf54

Done deal apparently....
Brewster on 14:37 - Dec 30 with 3538 viewsnantywatcher

Brewster on 10:22 - Dec 30 by Dewi1jack

Let's pray it's Surridge.

Bloke looks far too powder puff to me and can get blown off the ball far too easily.
Borja at least seems to help Ayew and give our midfield some bite.
Know I'll get sh1t for that, but it's only my opinion

Bigger worry for me is if Ayew is leaving this window
Know it won't be to Leeds as I can't see Birch accepting a quid now, 3 in the summer and another fiver if they get promoted.
Then £8 million if they stay up.
But I can see a lower PL team making an approach. Throw money at a problem (relegation) in the hope of staying up

You prefer Baston to Surridge - you really should not be attending football matches. Nice to end the year on a ridiculous post mind you!
Brewster on 15:41 - Dec 30 with 3446 viewsBadlands

Brewster on 14:37 - Dec 30 by nantywatcher

You prefer Baston to Surridge - you really should not be attending football matches. Nice to end the year on a ridiculous post mind you!

A lot of people would.
Surridge spends far too much energy trying to 'win' fouls.
Borja's downfall has been playing with no support and having to track back to help out our defence.
Borja - goal per 195 minutes played Assists - 1, pass completion 78%, aerial 1.9, shots per game 1.9, MOM 2. Ovarall rating 6.64
Surridge - goal per 194 minutes played Assists - 0, pass completion 60%, aerial 1.5, shots per game 1.3, MOM 0. Overall rating 6.31

Baston edges it.
He's our player yet we are developing a Bournemouth player who isn't as effective!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Brewster on 16:49 - Dec 30 with 3355 viewsjack247

Brewster on 15:41 - Dec 30 by Badlands

A lot of people would.
Surridge spends far too much energy trying to 'win' fouls.
Borja's downfall has been playing with no support and having to track back to help out our defence.
Borja - goal per 195 minutes played Assists - 1, pass completion 78%, aerial 1.9, shots per game 1.9, MOM 2. Ovarall rating 6.64
Surridge - goal per 194 minutes played Assists - 0, pass completion 60%, aerial 1.5, shots per game 1.3, MOM 0. Overall rating 6.31

Baston edges it.
He's our player yet we are developing a Bournemouth player who isn't as effective!

If Surridge had the support Baston would require to score goals, he’d bang a few in as well. In this current team, that doesn’t create a lot, at least he isn’t a total passenger. Had Baston played in that team yesterday, you wouldn’t have noticed him until his number came up.

Baston is either leaving next month or in the summer. It doesn’t matter which player we develop, neither will be here next season.
Brewster on 17:09 - Dec 30 with 3316 views34dfgdf54

Brewster on 16:49 - Dec 30 by jack247

If Surridge had the support Baston would require to score goals, he’d bang a few in as well. In this current team, that doesn’t create a lot, at least he isn’t a total passenger. Had Baston played in that team yesterday, you wouldn’t have noticed him until his number came up.

Baston is either leaving next month or in the summer. It doesn’t matter which player we develop, neither will be here next season.

Stats I’ve seen banded around on twitter today have us 8th in the chances created table. Surridge and Celina I would imagine would be the players blowing most of those.

I’m far from against Brewster coming in but it’s another window where it looks as if it’s yet another window of not strengthening midfield. I was one who advocating dropping Borja for Surridge, but he’s had his chance now and hasn’t been nowhere near clinical enough or good enough in his overall play imo.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 17:25]
Brewster on 17:43 - Dec 30 with 3255 viewsKGriz16

Brewster on 17:09 - Dec 30 by 34dfgdf54

Stats I’ve seen banded around on twitter today have us 8th in the chances created table. Surridge and Celina I would imagine would be the players blowing most of those.

I’m far from against Brewster coming in but it’s another window where it looks as if it’s yet another window of not strengthening midfield. I was one who advocating dropping Borja for Surridge, but he’s had his chance now and hasn’t been nowhere near clinical enough or good enough in his overall play imo.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 17:25]

They're both awful.
Brewster on 17:56 - Dec 30 with 3225 viewsSwansea93

Surridge don't half miss some sitters, then other times I just see him on his arse on the ground complaining he didn't win a free kick?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Brewster on 20:20 - Dec 30 with 3092 viewstheloneranger

It looks like Arsenal are going to recall Eddie Nketiah back from Leeds and send him back out on loan to Bristol City.

Leeds are now interested in Brewster as a replacement.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Brewster on 20:24 - Dec 30 with 3070 viewsThornburyswan

Brewster on 20:20 - Dec 30 by theloneranger

It looks like Arsenal are going to recall Eddie Nketiah back from Leeds and send him back out on loan to Bristol City.

Leeds are now interested in Brewster as a replacement.

Liverpool will want him playing mind so Bielsa will need to be benching Bamford.
Login to get fewer ads

Brewster on 20:24 - Dec 30 with 3067 viewsLeonWasGod

Brewster on 10:22 - Dec 30 by Dewi1jack

Let's pray it's Surridge.

Bloke looks far too powder puff to me and can get blown off the ball far too easily.
Borja at least seems to help Ayew and give our midfield some bite.
Know I'll get sh1t for that, but it's only my opinion

Bigger worry for me is if Ayew is leaving this window
Know it won't be to Leeds as I can't see Birch accepting a quid now, 3 in the summer and another fiver if they get promoted.
Then £8 million if they stay up.
But I can see a lower PL team making an approach. Throw money at a problem (relegation) in the hope of staying up

At this moment in time, I think I'd prefer Baston to Surridge too. It's nice to have them both, but agree Surridge looks a bit leightweight as a lone striker.
Brewster on 21:27 - Dec 30 with 2987 viewsBadlands

Brewster on 16:49 - Dec 30 by jack247

If my aunty had balls ...
If Baston had the support he had in August he would be still banging in more goal.
TBH I've seen enough of Surridge fall over, get muscled out, dropping at the merest touch, not tracking back and been offside to convince me he offers less than Borja.

Brewster on 21:39 - Dec 30 with 2962 viewsjack247

Brewster on 21:27 - Dec 30 by Badlands

If my aunty had balls ...
If Baston had the support he had in August he would be still banging in more goal.
TBH I've seen enough of Surridge fall over, get muscled out, dropping at the merest touch, not tracking back and been offside to convince me he offers less than Borja.

That’s the point. Baston wouldn’t have the support he got in August, just like Surridge hasn’t. Baston is a goal poacher who offers next to nothing when chances aren’t being carved out for him. Don’t imply he’s a physical challenge for centre backs either, they both invariably get outmuscled.

£15m we paid for him mind and he’ll be on wages to match. Almost makes Clucas look reasonable.
Brewster on 22:48 - Dec 30 with 2871 viewssainthelens

Brewster on 21:39 - Dec 30 by jack247

That’s the point. Baston wouldn’t have the support he got in August, just like Surridge hasn’t. Baston is a goal poacher who offers next to nothing when chances aren’t being carved out for him. Don’t imply he’s a physical challenge for centre backs either, they both invariably get outmuscled.

£15m we paid for him mind and he’ll be on wages to match. Almost makes Clucas look reasonable.

The words Clucas and reasonable should never be used in the same sentence.
Brewster on 01:04 - Dec 31 with 2769 viewsmajorraglan

Neither are cutting it because they aren’t getting the assistance and support needed, the play is pedestrian and needs reinvigorating. Borja is a goal scorer, but he needs the ball in the right places and it’s not happening.

Brewster is supposed to be a good prefect, but he won’t do anything without support and his team mates creating chances.

Was told today that Ayew, Celina and VDH are all off this window, hope it’s not true but who knows. Ayew going could generate some funds and save about £6m in wages over the next 18 months if he’s on £80k per week as reported, VDH can walk at the end of the season on a Bosman, so a fee is better than nowt in June. Celina is worth a few quid and will no doubt be on decent ages for the Championship.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2019 1:10]
Brewster on 06:01 - Dec 31 with 2676 viewsTimTtam

Brewster on 01:04 - Dec 31 by majorraglan

Neither are cutting it because they aren’t getting the assistance and support needed, the play is pedestrian and needs reinvigorating. Borja is a goal scorer, but he needs the ball in the right places and it’s not happening.

Brewster is supposed to be a good prefect, but he won’t do anything without support and his team mates creating chances.

Was told today that Ayew, Celina and VDH are all off this window, hope it’s not true but who knows. Ayew going could generate some funds and save about £6m in wages over the next 18 months if he’s on £80k per week as reported, VDH can walk at the end of the season on a Bosman, so a fee is better than nowt in June. Celina is worth a few quid and will no doubt be on decent ages for the Championship.

I was also told today that we'll be signing Allen, Mooy, Bony, & Ronaldo in this window

Seriously, where do people hear this kind of 'information'?
[Post edited 31 Dec 2019 6:03]

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Brewster on 07:00 - Dec 31 with 2660 viewsThornburyswan

Brewster on 01:04 - Dec 31 by majorraglan

When you say ‘told’ do you mean a random individual fellow fan or someone for is connected to the club?

If those 3 left we could cover VdH with Cabango & Rodon nearing a return (plus Cooper pushing from the U23s)but losing Ayew would hurt, I’m more meh on Celina - IF that freed up some funds to bring in a striker plus box to box midfielder we would have better balance.
Brewster on 09:57 - Dec 31 with 2555 viewsNotLoyal

Brewster on 07:00 - Dec 31 by Thornburyswan

When you say ‘told’ do you mean a random individual fellow fan or someone for is connected to the club?

If those 3 left we could cover VdH with Cabango & Rodon nearing a return (plus Cooper pushing from the U23s)but losing Ayew would hurt, I’m more meh on Celina - IF that freed up some funds to bring in a striker plus box to box midfielder we would have better balance.

I can’t imagine anyone in a better position than us wanting Celina.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Brewster on 10:24 - Dec 31 with 2490 views34dfgdf54

Yeah but if we sold Celina, we won’t reinvest any funds to buy a striker or midfielder, it’s gone past trying to be competitive on the pitch for the owners and Birch.

Ayew and Baston I can understand but not Celina.
Brewster on 11:21 - Dec 31 with 2422 viewsBadlands

Yep.

Looked at Brewster's stats (I know, I know stats if useful if they indicate what you want them to )

Why on earth are we looking to bring the young player to Swansea?
He's a 19 yo centre forward who has never played a senior game and whose strike rate is little better than Liam Cullen's (in a slightly better league).

Brewster on 13:28 - Dec 31 with 2296 views34dfgdf54

Brewster on 11:21 - Dec 31 by Badlands

Yep.

Looked at Brewster's stats (I know, I know stats if useful if they indicate what you want them to )

Why on earth are we looking to bring the young player to Swansea?
He's a 19 yo centre forward who has never played a senior game and whose strike rate is little better than Liam Cullen's (in a slightly better league).

My memory is awful, but wasn’t Borini similar when he came to us?

I’m definitely in the glass half empty brigade at the moment but I wouldn’t write Brewster off. Cooper has worked with both him and Cullen and obviously thinks the Brewster is the better option at the moment or we have found a club for Cullen to go out on loan too.

Edit - not that I have much faith in Coopers judgement at present.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2019 13:28]
Brewster on 13:36 - Dec 31 with 2274 viewstheloneranger

Brewster on 13:28 - Dec 31 by 34dfgdf54

I’m definitely in the glass half empty brigade at the moment but I wouldn’t write Brewster off. Cooper has worked with both him and Cullen and obviously thinks the Brewster is the better option at the moment or we have found a club for Cullen to go out on loan too.

Borini hadn't scored a senior goal before he signed for us ... The rest is history.

Brewster has made 2 senior appearances for Liverpool this season in the EFL Cup.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Brewster on 13:46 - Dec 31 with 2254 viewsSwansea93

Apparently it will be sanctioned after Liverpools FA Cup game Sunday.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Brewster on 14:00 - Dec 31 with 2226 viewsTheKirkyLife

Brewster on 13:46 - Dec 31 by Swansea93

Apparently it will be sanctioned after Liverpools FA Cup game Sunday.

That would make a lot of sense - awaiting any potential injury
Brewster on 14:45 - Dec 31 with 2174 viewsNotLoyal

Brewster on 13:36 - Dec 31 by theloneranger

Borini hadn't scored a senior goal before he signed for us ... The rest is history.

Brewster has made 2 senior appearances for Liverpool this season in the EFL Cup.

On the bench champions league final.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Brewster on 14:51 - Dec 31 with 2163 viewsSwanDownUnder

Brewster on 14:45 - Dec 31 by NotLoyal

On the bench champions league final.

didnt you slag off abraham
Brewster on 15:23 - Dec 31 with 2095 viewsBadlands

Brewster on 13:28 - Dec 31 by 34dfgdf54

He'd played in FA Cup, EFL and PL before coming to us. I'm sure he had a better strike rate in the reserves and was a winger not a CF.
We were also in the ascendancy and looking good for automatic promotion.
But I take your meaning.

The January he came to us we strarted the year with
deVries
Williams, Taylor, Monk, Rangel, Pratley, Orlandi, Sinclair, Allen, Dyer and Dobbie
What would that team do to Sunday's plodders?
(rubbish bench though)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024