Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Routledge 21:44 - May 1 with 11494 viewsParsSwans

Well thanks for the memories and service Wayne showed your passion and love for this club crying your eyes out coming off the pitch brilliant service looks like yanks decision as Potter and management team consoled him and obviously want him for one last year
Routledge on 13:49 - May 2 with 2948 viewskarnataka

Wayne Routledge was an integral part of arguably our best ever squad under Laudrup and while he may only rarely have been our best player in any game, he was one player I always enjoyed watching because of his technique and footwork. Age had clearly caught up with him at Prem level for our last couple of seasons there but I'm glad he's featured as much as he has in the latter part of this season. If an agreement can be reached between him and the club, I'd be happy to have him here for another season.
Routledge on 15:26 - May 2 with 2843 views34dfgdf54

Dan James has just tweeted Routledge saying it has been a pleasure to play with him.

Good luck Routs. It's been a pleasure.
Routledge on 15:34 - May 2 with 2831 viewsPozuelosSideys

Would really rather Routledge was here for another year. Found his level this season and been really very good for many of the games he has played.

However, we can expect Narsingh, Routledge and James out the door then?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Routledge on 15:36 - May 2 with 2823 viewsTom1912

Shame he's going.

Has played well for us this season and I think could offer a lot next.
Routledge on 18:25 - May 2 with 2704 viewsBillyChong

As above he’s found his level this season, shame he wasn’t a couple of years younger and on a lower salary. Anyone remember the stormer he had at the Liberty for Cardiff? Didn’t really cut it in the premiership and as a forward he lacked assists for a good few seasons prior to this one. Has his loyalty ever been tested? He’d have struggled to find as highly paid contract elsewhere. Despite this he’s played his part and his feelings for the club were clearly on display last night. Cheers Wayne, your unorthodox outside of the foot style will forever live in the memory.
Routledge on 18:38 - May 2 with 2683 viewstheloneranger

Routledge on 15:26 - May 2 by 34dfgdf54

Dan James has just tweeted Routledge saying it has been a pleasure to play with him.

Perhaps he's saying bye bye to Dan, because he knows Dan is on his bike

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Routledge on 18:57 - May 2 with 2645 viewsjack247

Routledge on 13:49 - May 2 by karnataka

Wayne Routledge was an integral part of arguably our best ever squad under Laudrup and while he may only rarely have been our best player in any game, he was one player I always enjoyed watching because of his technique and footwork. Age had clearly caught up with him at Prem level for our last couple of seasons there but I'm glad he's featured as much as he has in the latter part of this season. If an agreement can be reached between him and the club, I'd be happy to have him here for another season.

Age was obviously a factor, but style of football is what really caught up with him.

He was excellent under Rodgers and Laudrup
Not so much under Monk, Guidolin, Bradley, Clement or Carvahal.
We get a manager who plays attractive football and a player whose game is based on clever movement, deft touches, and dragging defenders out of position suddenly looks good again.

Yes, the Championship is easier than the PL, but he’d be useless in league 2 if we had Pulis in charge and Grant Holt up front.

Not privy to the finances, but it’s pretty shortsighted if we haven’t even tried here. Footballers like Celina, Grimes and McBurnie really benefit from having that kind of player in the side.
Routledge on 19:02 - May 2 with 2634 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Routledge on 18:57 - May 2 by jack247

Age was obviously a factor, but style of football is what really caught up with him.

We get a manager who plays attractive football and a player whose game is based on clever movement, deft touches, and dragging defenders out of position suddenly looks good again.

Yes, the Championship is easier than the PL, but he’d be useless in league 2 if we had Pulis in charge and Grant Holt up front.

Not privy to the finances, but it’s pretty shortsighted if we haven’t even tried here. Footballers like Celina, Grimes and McBurnie really benefit from having that kind of player in the side.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Flourished under possession based, pass and move football. Struggled under managers whose style didn’t suit his game.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Routledge on 19:59 - May 2 with 2576 viewsjasper_T

I think he'd do a good job in League Two regardless of style of football.

Bit like when people say "even Messi wouldn't have scored for us" in the PL. Of course he would have, don't be daft.
Routledge on 20:07 - May 2 with 2553 viewsFlashberryjack

My thoughts as well...and I've been one of his biggest critics.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Routledge on 20:34 - May 2 with 2515 viewsjack247

Routledge on 19:59 - May 2 by jasper_T

I think he'd do a good job in League Two regardless of style of football.

Bit like when people say "even Messi wouldn't have scored for us" in the PL. Of course he would have, don't be daft.

Maybe stretching the point, but it’s obvious his strengths suit the type of football we play now and he’s far less effective playing the styles we have the last three or four years. Ask him to stick to the touch line, run at a fullback and get a cross in and he’s going to struggle.
Routledge on 22:19 - May 2 with 2414 viewspencoedjack

Big fan of Routs but I think we need to be spending our money very wisely now.

Thanks for the memories fella
Routledge on 23:09 - May 2 with 2329 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Routledge on 22:19 - May 2 by pencoedjack

Big fan of Routs but I think we need to be spending our money very wisely now.

Thanks for the memories fella

If we’re going to be losing Narsingh, James and Montero it would be suicide not to offer him a deal, even one with a significant wage cut. Be a sad day for me if he’s played his last game for us. And well have a very difficult season to look forward to without his experience .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Routledge on 07:20 - May 3 with 2234 viewsjack247

Routledge on 23:09 - May 2 by Brynmill_Jack

If we’re going to be losing Narsingh, James and Montero it would be suicide not to offer him a deal, even one with a significant wage cut. Be a sad day for me if he’s played his last game for us. And well have a very difficult season to look forward to without his experience .

If we’re looking at it from a football point of view and he’d take a sensible wage, there’s not even a decision to make.

If you look at it from the perspective our owners probably are, he’s got no resale value. He may as well go.
Routledge on 07:50 - May 3 with 2201 viewsbuilthjack

Routledge on 12:43 - May 2 by Dr_Winston

A winger in his mid 30s?

£5k max.

Ok. 5 it is

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Routledge on 08:04 - May 3 with 2186 viewsSTID2017

Excellent post

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Routledge on 08:47 - May 3 with 2161 viewsBadlands

Routledge on 07:20 - May 3 by jack247

If we’re looking at it from a football point of view and he’d take a sensible wage, there’s not even a decision to make.

If you look at it from the perspective our owners probably are, he’s got no resale value. He may as well go.

Little re-sale value but high wages will be the reason he goes, if he does!
His influence and example has a value in edition to his play.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Routledge on 09:15 - May 3 with 2132 viewsJinxy

Yep, concur with this positive thread. Hopefully the club and Mr R will find a compromise that sees him stay at least one more season. Great bloke too, always has time to say hello (as do all our players past and present in my experience).
Routledge on 12:10 - May 3 with 2063 viewsgiantstoneater

Always thought over the last 3 seasons or so that Routledge should have been moved on due to his age but in scoring his last two goal for us he has shown lightning quick reactions and the the ball into Olly for his goal v Hull was sublime has got me twitching worth another year?!!
Routledge on 12:33 - May 3 with 2022 viewsandypitt56

Routledge on 15:26 - May 2 by 34dfgdf54

probably more implying James is going to be honest
Routledge on 12:38 - May 3 with 1998 viewsBadlands

Routledge on 12:33 - May 3 by andypitt56

probably more implying James is going to be honest

I can't see James staying but that tweet and Routs' reaction at the end of the Derby games suggests Wayne is leaving.
IMO a very poor move.
This season Rutledge has shown how valuable he s to the club.
More effective than Dan and significantly more so than McKay, Dyer, Montero and Joel.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Routledge on 12:40 - May 3 with 1991 viewsJinxy

Routledge on 12:38 - May 3 by Badlands

I can't see James staying but that tweet and Routs' reaction at the end of the Derby games suggests Wayne is leaving.
IMO a very poor move.
This season Rutledge has shown how valuable he s to the club.
More effective than Dan and significantly more so than McKay, Dyer, Montero and Joel.

The last 4 put together!
Routledge on 12:43 - May 3 with 1975 viewsWandererJack

He's been great since getting back into the side. I hope he stays.
Routledge on 12:44 - May 3 with 1975 viewsjasper_T

Routledge on 12:40 - May 3 by Jinxy

The last 4 put together!

Routledge 5 goals 2 assists, the fab four 4 goals 10 assists.

DJ 4 & 7.
Routledge on 17:07 - May 3 with 1864 viewsSwansea93

https://mobile.twitter.com/WayneRoutledge/status/1124334616213696512

Just posted this just over half an hour ago, not looking good.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024