Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tosh. 19:24 - Feb 4 with 4803 viewslifelong

Reckons that we should all be grateful for what Huw Jenkins has done for our club.
Tosh. on 17:32 - Feb 5 with 1360 viewsBloodyhills

Tosh. on 09:11 - Feb 5 by _

Pathetic

Can't wait for our so called 'fans' to turn on Leon and Trundle next...

You really looking forward to fans turning on Leon and Trundle?

Why's that?

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Tosh. on 20:05 - Feb 5 with 1304 viewsscruffyjack

Tosh. on 02:18 - Feb 5 by GetRealMate

... and yet there isn’t an honest Swansea fan who would trade the last two decades and all it’s successes brought on by Jenkins (including the negative of the Yank sale), to go back to life pre Petty buy out and history to be taken back. Not one.

Even though there was only around 4000 of us back then I might add.

Tosh is spot on, and only sheer blind ignorance is preventing people admitting it.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2019 2:19]

Although it wasn’t brought on by Jenkins.
Tosh. on 20:21 - Feb 5 with 1282 viewstrinityann

Its just a shame Huw Jenkins ruined his own legacy by selling to the Americans. He would have had statue built of him even if we tumbled back down the divisions. But he had a lottery ticket with an expiry date because we were not going to stay in Premier League forever and cashed out. I personally think 99.9% of us what have done the same as him. But its easy for keyboard warriors to criticize his morals without being in his position.

Thanks for the memories, but not for selling us to a 20 plus American party.
Tosh. on 20:36 - Feb 5 with 1266 viewsOldjack

Tosh. on 20:21 - Feb 5 by trinityann

Its just a shame Huw Jenkins ruined his own legacy by selling to the Americans. He would have had statue built of him even if we tumbled back down the divisions. But he had a lottery ticket with an expiry date because we were not going to stay in Premier League forever and cashed out. I personally think 99.9% of us what have done the same as him. But its easy for keyboard warriors to criticize his morals without being in his position.

Thanks for the memories, but not for selling us to a 20 plus American party.

It's the sly deceitful way it was done not to mention not doing their homework is what pissed most people off

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Tosh. on 21:13 - Feb 5 with 1236 viewsvetchonian

Tosh. on 02:18 - Feb 5 by GetRealMate

... and yet there isn’t an honest Swansea fan who would trade the last two decades and all it’s successes brought on by Jenkins (including the negative of the Yank sale), to go back to life pre Petty buy out and history to be taken back. Not one.

Even though there was only around 4000 of us back then I might add.

Tosh is spot on, and only sheer blind ignorance is preventing people admitting it.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2019 2:19]

Let's get some perspective here.no true fan would swap the last 17 years..i started supporting the Swans just prior to The arrival ofTosh....my dad a supporter long before having seen that rise and fall during the late 70s and then early 80s with the subsequent winding up orders,years of poor football dodgy takeovers Tjompson and Cullis,Petty. And then being 90 mins away from going out of the league....though under Malcolm Struel and the late great Harry Griffiths we were close to it bar for reelection ......many on here will know nothing about that!...to actually get to the Premier LeAgue and stay there for seven seasons...being lauded by the pundits,going to Wembley and winning the league cup .....having my club little old Swansea managed by a legend such as Michael Laudrup. Was beyond dreams. I wish my Dad who left us in 2008 and didn't get to see us promoted that season could have shared in those Pl years.

Yes Huw was at the helm and a figure head and we do have to be grateful BUT whilst he soured this by the process of the sale and putting us back into a Pettyesque situation after his famous blurb this fable of him being the architect to our success needs to be properly reviewed. AS chairman and the director "responsible" for football matters he didn't always get it right and had some luck along the way with the real reasons of our success being down to some good football people.

His first managerial appointment from within the club...the captain A good servant and Player ....Nick Cusack was a disaster leading to the appointment of a "seasoned" manager in Brian Flynn...who was the architect of that last gasp escape in 2002. Flynn brought us Leon,Tatey and Roberto...players with pedigree...Leon and TAte coming from PL clubs..with Flynn came Kevin Reeves who scouted some of these players. FLyn was sacked and then a steady Eddie in Kenny Jackett appointed who added another ex pl club player in Monk..possibly scouted byReeves? As a result of not playing purely attractive football despite winning us a trophy and getting us to the play offs KJ sacked and Huw reverted to type and appointed another ex captain albeit a player who had left as manager.

Roberto joined us as a rookie manager BUT came with a good back room staff....he brought a first lieutenant in Grahame Jones...recognising he was not long away from the dressing room and could be too close to some of the players ....he brought Kevn Reeves to scout and also used Curt as a part of his team. Roberto knew he had a band of footballers like Leon,,Tatey Monk who had come from " footballing" sides not just lower league journeymen and he knew where to look abroad to find "cheap" quality players who could allow him to develop a side playing to his philosophy. We enjoyed about 2 and a half seasons of incredible football and Huw struck lucky when Dave Whelan and Wigan came calling. Roberto his back room staff and Jason Scotland were sold and gave the club a war chest.I personally believe if we could afforded to have bought Jordi Gomez that summer Roberto might have stayed as he believed Gomez would have been the key to us getting promoted to the PL...at the time quite rightly the club was being run prudently and the cash wasn't there.

Next came Sousa...we know the story he didn't give us the you score two we'll score three approach of Roberto but he made us miserly at the back and under his tenure we saw the beginnings of the player /chairman clique.
Then Huw appointed Brednan who?.....the rest is history getting us to the promised land whist utilising his contacts to bring in players on loan to make the difference...Borini,Siggurdson...then 2 years on Huw got lucky again when Liverpool came calling and another sizeable sum received for Brendan and his team oh and Joe Allen too
DreMtime with the appointment of Laudrup a great season and half of football before it turned sour with Huw backing players not the manager.During these years the prudent approach to players wages etc was eroded as we arrived at the top table and needed to pay "market rates" to new arrivals which also meant increases to the loyal players who had been on the journey.When Laudrup sacked this time no money in but compensation paid out....Huw reverted to type and appointed the club captain ....ok by now Laudrup had taken that from him ....but an ex captain in Monk appointed as a manger we all know what followed Monk had an ego which allowed him to appoint Beattie and Clotet and KOL all inexperienced at the level we were at....and what is more the great HJ allowed it.Other patterns were evident.....the recruitment of players such as Trundle following his transfer to Bristol City..where he failed to impact in the championship or at Leeds,the resigning of Emnes Siggurdson et al we had moved from finding the right players for the team/squad at that time to players we had known in the past who we could get for a deal.SInce Brendan changing managers has cost us money in compensation...contributing to the now "much discussed black hole".

Yes thank you Huw for being the figure head but thank you Brian,Kevin,Roberto,Paulo,Brendan Michael and Curt but what you did in making him look good.

This club has had "dodgy" ownership and leadership for as long as I can remember.....the Swansea Mafia who sold the Vetch....Malcolm Struel came in for abuse as did Dougie,Silver Shield/9th floor,the crook that was Petty and towards the end the sellouts and now the Yanks.my hope is we can once again recover from this low ....we do not know how much lower in all terms we have to fall....so yes thank you Huw..thank you for selling out!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Tosh. on 21:24 - Feb 5 with 1218 viewsswan65split

Tosh. on 21:13 - Feb 5 by vetchonian

Let's get some perspective here.no true fan would swap the last 17 years..i started supporting the Swans just prior to The arrival ofTosh....my dad a supporter long before having seen that rise and fall during the late 70s and then early 80s with the subsequent winding up orders,years of poor football dodgy takeovers Tjompson and Cullis,Petty. And then being 90 mins away from going out of the league....though under Malcolm Struel and the late great Harry Griffiths we were close to it bar for reelection ......many on here will know nothing about that!...to actually get to the Premier LeAgue and stay there for seven seasons...being lauded by the pundits,going to Wembley and winning the league cup .....having my club little old Swansea managed by a legend such as Michael Laudrup. Was beyond dreams. I wish my Dad who left us in 2008 and didn't get to see us promoted that season could have shared in those Pl years.

Yes Huw was at the helm and a figure head and we do have to be grateful BUT whilst he soured this by the process of the sale and putting us back into a Pettyesque situation after his famous blurb this fable of him being the architect to our success needs to be properly reviewed. AS chairman and the director "responsible" for football matters he didn't always get it right and had some luck along the way with the real reasons of our success being down to some good football people.

His first managerial appointment from within the club...the captain A good servant and Player ....Nick Cusack was a disaster leading to the appointment of a "seasoned" manager in Brian Flynn...who was the architect of that last gasp escape in 2002. Flynn brought us Leon,Tatey and Roberto...players with pedigree...Leon and TAte coming from PL clubs..with Flynn came Kevin Reeves who scouted some of these players. FLyn was sacked and then a steady Eddie in Kenny Jackett appointed who added another ex pl club player in Monk..possibly scouted byReeves? As a result of not playing purely attractive football despite winning us a trophy and getting us to the play offs KJ sacked and Huw reverted to type and appointed another ex captain albeit a player who had left as manager.

Roberto joined us as a rookie manager BUT came with a good back room staff....he brought a first lieutenant in Grahame Jones...recognising he was not long away from the dressing room and could be too close to some of the players ....he brought Kevn Reeves to scout and also used Curt as a part of his team. Roberto knew he had a band of footballers like Leon,,Tatey Monk who had come from " footballing" sides not just lower league journeymen and he knew where to look abroad to find "cheap" quality players who could allow him to develop a side playing to his philosophy. We enjoyed about 2 and a half seasons of incredible football and Huw struck lucky when Dave Whelan and Wigan came calling. Roberto his back room staff and Jason Scotland were sold and gave the club a war chest.I personally believe if we could afforded to have bought Jordi Gomez that summer Roberto might have stayed as he believed Gomez would have been the key to us getting promoted to the PL...at the time quite rightly the club was being run prudently and the cash wasn't there.

Next came Sousa...we know the story he didn't give us the you score two we'll score three approach of Roberto but he made us miserly at the back and under his tenure we saw the beginnings of the player /chairman clique.
Then Huw appointed Brednan who?.....the rest is history getting us to the promised land whist utilising his contacts to bring in players on loan to make the difference...Borini,Siggurdson...then 2 years on Huw got lucky again when Liverpool came calling and another sizeable sum received for Brendan and his team oh and Joe Allen too
DreMtime with the appointment of Laudrup a great season and half of football before it turned sour with Huw backing players not the manager.During these years the prudent approach to players wages etc was eroded as we arrived at the top table and needed to pay "market rates" to new arrivals which also meant increases to the loyal players who had been on the journey.When Laudrup sacked this time no money in but compensation paid out....Huw reverted to type and appointed the club captain ....ok by now Laudrup had taken that from him ....but an ex captain in Monk appointed as a manger we all know what followed Monk had an ego which allowed him to appoint Beattie and Clotet and KOL all inexperienced at the level we were at....and what is more the great HJ allowed it.Other patterns were evident.....the recruitment of players such as Trundle following his transfer to Bristol City..where he failed to impact in the championship or at Leeds,the resigning of Emnes Siggurdson et al we had moved from finding the right players for the team/squad at that time to players we had known in the past who we could get for a deal.SInce Brendan changing managers has cost us money in compensation...contributing to the now "much discussed black hole".

Yes thank you Huw for being the figure head but thank you Brian,Kevin,Roberto,Paulo,Brendan Michael and Curt but what you did in making him look good.

This club has had "dodgy" ownership and leadership for as long as I can remember.....the Swansea Mafia who sold the Vetch....Malcolm Struel came in for abuse as did Dougie,Silver Shield/9th floor,the crook that was Petty and towards the end the sellouts and now the Yanks.my hope is we can once again recover from this low ....we do not know how much lower in all terms we have to fall....so yes thank you Huw..thank you for selling out!

Ive been a fan for a lot longer, and would agree it would have been nice for your Dad to see the rise upto the prem and cup win etc....i should imagine he would be furious by the selling to the Yanks and how its been done, and also by what we are reading (and between the lines) of whats happened

Yep these youngster know feck all, and yes if he wanted out and wanted the purse, he should have done it properly for himself and the Club and its fans.

It seems he(and the others) has shot his bolt.
Tosh. on 21:32 - Feb 5 with 1204 viewsBillyChong

Anyone who’s read Mel Nurse’s book will know Toshack has always been a bit of a tw@t.
Tosh. on 21:33 - Feb 5 with 1193 viewsdickythorpe

Tosh. on 21:32 - Feb 5 by BillyChong

Anyone who’s read Mel Nurse’s book will know Toshack has always been a bit of a tw@t.

I've read Mel Nurse's book. What did he say?
Login to get fewer ads

Tosh. on 23:35 - Feb 5 with 1116 viewslifelong

Tosh. on 21:32 - Feb 5 by BillyChong

It was a great time to be a Swans fan during his time with us, the City was bouncing.
Tosh. on 07:55 - Feb 6 with 1034 viewsBillyChong

He completely blanked Mel on a quiet non-match day at an entrance to the vetch where he was seeking permission for a signed ball for a local club. ‘Arrogant tosser’ and ‘never forgiven him for it’ I believe are his words.
Tosh. on 08:02 - Feb 6 with 1027 viewsLoyal

Doesn't understand football, never paid to watch and knows nothing of supporting a club.
File under knobhead.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Tosh. on 09:46 - Feb 6 with 998 viewsdickythorpe

Tosh. on 07:55 - Feb 6 by BillyChong

He completely blanked Mel on a quiet non-match day at an entrance to the vetch where he was seeking permission for a signed ball for a local club. ‘Arrogant tosser’ and ‘never forgiven him for it’ I believe are his words.

Have you a page number?
Tosh. on 18:19 - Feb 6 with 924 viewsBillyChong

Tosh. on 09:46 - Feb 6 by dickythorpe

Have you a page number?

Pages 98-99
Tosh. on 18:28 - Feb 6 with 915 viewsmonmouth

Tosh. on 23:35 - Feb 5 by lifelong

It was a great time to be a Swans fan during his time with us, the City was bouncing.

Right from the first minute it was announced. Great days.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Tosh. on 18:37 - Feb 6 with 907 viewslonglostjack

Tosh. on 21:13 - Feb 5 by vetchonian

Top post. Just like to add that one reason Huw gave for getting rid of Laudrup was Tutumlu ”eroding the club’s values”
[Post edited 6 Feb 2019 18:43]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Tosh. on 19:35 - Feb 6 with 860 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Tosh. on 11:58 - Feb 5 by _

Ha you won't find me idolising anyone pal, in fact Trundle offered me out because I had a go at the decision to go to Joma 😂

Now stop being a bit of a baby Steve and stop this utter bullshit about payroll and shit. You're way off the mark and hopefully your brother will tell you.

Payroll? In what sense???

BTw - Babies are small and constantly need attention. You’re barking up the wrong tree bro 👍

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Tosh. on 19:39 - Feb 6 with 854 viewsDarran

Tosh. on 18:37 - Feb 6 by longlostjack

Top post. Just like to add that one reason Huw gave for getting rid of Laudrup was Tutumlu ”eroding the club’s values”
[Post edited 6 Feb 2019 18:43]

According to Huws missus on twitter Laudrup was only sacked because the Supporters Trust demanded it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Tosh. on 19:45 - Feb 6 with 843 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Tosh. on 19:39 - Feb 6 by Darran

According to Huws missus on twitter Laudrup was only sacked because the Supporters Trust demanded it.

F*ck all to do with Garry”backstabber” Monk then

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Tosh. on 08:07 - Feb 17 with 698 viewstaffpunk

I finally finished his book that I had for Xmas. Coming to the Bargain section in your local Works shop very soon. Poor read, and he comes across as a very arrogant person.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Tosh. on 08:17 - Feb 17 with 678 viewsjack247

Tosh. on 08:02 - Feb 6 by Loyal

Doesn't understand football, never paid to watch and knows nothing of supporting a club.
File under knobhead.

Wow. Only just seen this.

Knobhead maybe, but to claim the guy who managed Real Madrid and took us from the bottom division to the top doesn’t understand football, is fanciful at best.
Tosh. on 08:28 - Feb 17 with 654 viewsdickythorpe

Tosh. on 18:19 - Feb 6 by BillyChong

Pages 98-99

Found book and re-read it. Tosh did ignore him for some reason. Battle of egos I suppose but they talk now Mel says on page 99.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024