Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goalkeeper 16:43 - Oct 6 with 6757 viewsSteensig

I guess that says it all who starts next match.. not one save today
Goalkeeper on 21:18 - Oct 6 with 1316 viewsBLAZE

Has he commented on why Mulder has been dropped? Baffling decision when the guy has barely put a foot wrong
Goalkeeper on 21:24 - Oct 6 with 1299 viewsLoyal

Goalkeeper on 21:18 - Oct 6 by BLAZE

Has he commented on why Mulder has been dropped? Baffling decision when the guy has barely put a foot wrong

Was it one goal in four games he conceded?
Baffling.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Goalkeeper on 21:30 - Oct 6 with 1281 viewsFlashberryjack

Goalkeeper on 17:23 - Oct 6 by LeonWasGod

It’s no easier defending corners when your main CB is taken off either. Naive today. Their second was a result of pushing forward when we didn’t need to. The 3rd from taking off our defensive leader and not replacing him (in 40 yrs of watching football I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before).

Unless there were some injury concerns with Hoorn, it was a bizarre decision to take him off.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Goalkeeper on 21:40 - Oct 6 with 1256 viewscockneyswan

Goalkeeper on 21:18 - Oct 6 by BLAZE

Discussing this today, one thing to explain it might be Nordvelt has told em if he don’t start he’s off, after today I reckon we should be packing his bags for him.
Goalkeeper on 22:10 - Oct 6 with 1209 viewsbuilthjack

Mulder has to be No 1 from now.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Goalkeeper on 22:40 - Oct 6 with 1180 viewsEU5Makaveli

Goalkeeper on 19:22 - Oct 6 by trinityann

Mr Potter is asking for trouble when you drop a keeper that's done nothing wrong and conceded very few goals, its even more pressure then on Nordfeldt because he probably knows he does not deserve the shirt.

I personally think a lack of a proper defensive midfielder caused us a lot of issues today because they carved us down the middle at times today. Less tinkering and get consistent starting eleven.

Agreed. We were far too susceptible to their counter attack, Carroll did the job in there today and when we were attacking it worked wonders. The space that their attacking midfielders/wingers picked the ball up in was worrying.

With a bit of luck/ better finishing we would’ve won 5-3 today

I would take the way we are playing now over the dross served up last season though, our second goal was unbelievable. If Barcelona scored that they’d be talking about it for months.
Goalkeeper on 09:05 - Oct 7 with 1079 viewsCatullus

Goalkeeper on 19:22 - Oct 6 by trinityann

Mr Potter is asking for trouble when you drop a keeper that's done nothing wrong and conceded very few goals, its even more pressure then on Nordfeldt because he probably knows he does not deserve the shirt.

I personally think a lack of a proper defensive midfielder caused us a lot of issues today because they carved us down the middle at times today. Less tinkering and get consistent starting eleven.

This all day.

Byers is a pretty footballer but he gives up possession too easily, it led directly to their second goal. Him and Carroll doesn't work because they are not up to the physical aspect of this division.

Someone said Nordfelt didn't make any blunders, I disagree, it was just his blunders didn't cost us a goal, directly anyway. He didn't come for high balls when he should have but came flying out of his area twice when he shouldn't have and did he call for the ball when he was on his line and we were penned in? We played our way out of it, just, but the ball should have been row zedded.

Mulder looks the better keeper and we need Fer fit enough to start but Carroll and Byers can't be our central pairing, it's just too physically weak.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Goalkeeper on 09:22 - Oct 7 with 1059 viewskrunchykarrot

Goalkeeper on 17:23 - Oct 6 by LeonWasGod

It’s no easier defending corners when your main CB is taken off either. Naive today. Their second was a result of pushing forward when we didn’t need to. The 3rd from taking off our defensive leader and not replacing him (in 40 yrs of watching football I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before).

I think the reasoning behind this was Rodons extra pace, but as Ive said before VDH positioning has been excellent and i would have made a different call. However GP knows the team and got us back into the game with one of the best team goals i have seen at the Liberty. He was let down to some extent by inexperience.
Login to get fewer ads

Goalkeeper on 10:07 - Oct 7 with 1013 viewsCatullus

Goalkeeper on 09:22 - Oct 7 by krunchykarrot

I think the reasoning behind this was Rodons extra pace, but as Ive said before VDH positioning has been excellent and i would have made a different call. However GP knows the team and got us back into the game with one of the best team goals i have seen at the Liberty. He was let down to some extent by inexperience.

It might have been better to take grimes off (though he was having a good game) and go to a back three....or maybe Naughton off instead if Grimes can be a CB? The we've flooded midfield and hopefully stopped their counter attack.
The way we play football would 3-5-2 be better? If we'd had another striker with McB maybe we would have put those chances away?

As always with football, we can never know. One thing for sure though, Mulder has to be first choice, no mucking around.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Goalkeeper on 10:54 - Oct 7 with 988 viewskrunchykarrot

Goalkeeper on 10:07 - Oct 7 by Catullus

It might have been better to take grimes off (though he was having a good game) and go to a back three....or maybe Naughton off instead if Grimes can be a CB? The we've flooded midfield and hopefully stopped their counter attack.
The way we play football would 3-5-2 be better? If we'd had another striker with McB maybe we would have put those chances away?

As always with football, we can never know. One thing for sure though, Mulder has to be first choice, no mucking around.

I agree Mulder for me at the minute as i think only because he has a safer approach playing out. But just to contradict myself if he hadn't played that one two in the six yard box yesterday i wouldn't have witnessed Celina's goal which had me jumping out of my seat before he scored which is what its all about for me.
Naughton was missed in my opinion and i agree Grimes played well and is getting stronger by the week. We were struggling again in the normal defensive CM areas yesterday and Celina was poor in the 1st half and for gods sake Potter needs to tell McB to stay CF and manage his game to get on the end of the chances chasing lost causes rarely pays off.

Nice to have a decent football discussion, Cheers/
Goalkeeper on 14:37 - Oct 7 with 923 viewsicecoldjack

Goalkeeper on 10:54 - Oct 7 by krunchykarrot

I agree Mulder for me at the minute as i think only because he has a safer approach playing out. But just to contradict myself if he hadn't played that one two in the six yard box yesterday i wouldn't have witnessed Celina's goal which had me jumping out of my seat before he scored which is what its all about for me.
Naughton was missed in my opinion and i agree Grimes played well and is getting stronger by the week. We were struggling again in the normal defensive CM areas yesterday and Celina was poor in the 1st half and for gods sake Potter needs to tell McB to stay CF and manage his game to get on the end of the chances chasing lost causes rarely pays off.

Bang on regarding Ollie chasing around, it's very harsh but his energy needs to be explosive in the final 3rd of the field not the middle 3rd.

His all round game is great but maybe this was a game where we needed 2 strikers, I get the feeling Ollie is trying too hard at times bless him, that extra half a yard burst was the difference in him getting a few goals yesterday.

Anyway, fine margins etc etc. I felt we should have taken points from Bristol,Stoke,Ipswich and a bit more from Wigan so it's frustration for us and the players right now.

I'd be starting with Mulder next game, also Fer must start games now, he needs to get his match fitness and sharpness up to scratch.
Goalkeeper on 14:44 - Oct 7 with 922 viewsscruffyjack

Goalkeeper on 10:54 - Oct 7 by krunchykarrot

Naughton was at fault for the first goal, he didn’t challenge Edwards and neither did he block the flick on to Sears. To compound matters, he didn’t track Edwards back. Poor defending.
Goalkeeper on 19:32 - Oct 7 with 862 viewskrunchykarrot

Goalkeeper on 14:44 - Oct 7 by scruffyjack

Naughton was at fault for the first goal, he didn’t challenge Edwards and neither did he block the flick on to Sears. To compound matters, he didn’t track Edwards back. Poor defending.

He was unlucky from my position hesitant coming towards Sears and got caught inbetween weve all been there. VDH failed to block and Edwards ghosted in behind not sure his getting back/positioning was wrong there though covered VDH glanced and new where Rodon and Edwards were. Rodon or GK should/could have sorted.

Worst mistake for me yesterday was the 3rd goal we wont go there but hope they learn quickly
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024