Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds 16:45 - Aug 21 with 15624 viewsBlasterJack

Captain Beaky finally speaks....

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/chairmans-column-leeds-united

"The last few years were no fun for anyone connected to Swansea City".
Since you sold us for 30 pieces of silver you mean?
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 16:48]

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 12:33 - Aug 22 with 2185 viewsUxbridge

If we're giving Jenkins credit for Potter, and he was clearly involved in the process (although not even remotely 100% in control of it), then he had to take the hit for Clement, Guidolin and Monk. Even Bradley to a point, even if just acquiescence.

I agreed with what he said about there needing to be a reset in approach this summer, and Potter and his team are clearly that. Thing is there's no reason why that couldn't have happened in past summers. In fact, it's what many of us called for.

Jenkins deserves a lot of credit for a lot of the decisions he made in the past, particularly some inspired managerial appointments. If you're giving credit for that, then you also have to look at the decisions from 2014 onwards which look less than stellar, both in terms of management appointments and structure. The water is muddier now as his influence is not what it was pre 2016.

if you're being dispassionate about all this, ignore everything around the sale etc, then both sides of the argument have merit. It's understandable to hope that the person who appointed Martinez and Rodgers could pull another rabbit out of the hat. It's also understandable those who think his more recent decisions show he can't. Pays your money, takes your choice, and we'll all have our view on that. It's not always easy to be dispassionate either, and it's not without merit either to say that's a valid factor, but you have to be sometimes.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 12:35]

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 12:40 - Aug 22 with 2145 viewsTheResurrection

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 11:50 - Aug 22 by JoshTheJack

Considering that most our scouting/coaching staff left and Potter brought his own in thats a load of bull,he deserves credit for Potter.
You say we hit the limit financially and the Americans haven't changed that,all we needed was a decent commercial director.
They didn't need to sell the club to get a stadium deal either. I didn't say i wanted money put into the club,Just saying that if they were going to sell it would be to improve our financial position it clearly hasn't.As for Bradley and the Americans we would gone down one season earlier big whoop.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 11:59]

Well the only way to have done that, improve our financial situation, would've been to completely sell out, Trust and all, and then we'd have no percentage ownership from the Trust and no local ownership whatsoever.

It would be 100% owned and managed by foreigners. What we have now isn't great but it's also not the worst thing that could've happened either.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 12:42 - Aug 22 with 2135 viewsLandore_Jack

Quotes from Jenkins on appointing Bob Bradley

"He has a wealth of experience on the international and domestic front. He will provide us with strong leadership qualities and a renewed belief to compete at this level."

"We are looking at a long-term appointment and we are confident Bob can stabilise matters on and off the pitch."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3819512/Bob-Bradley-appointed-

#backtojack

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 12:46 - Aug 22 with 2120 viewsTheResurrection

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 12:12 - Aug 22 by irishswan546

I'll answer your question firstly, no I don't think it was the Americans choice as if you go by track record huw does have a good record of picking good young managers and for the most part the ones he got wrong were choosen with the best of intentions and simply didn't work out. That's my opinion but could genuinely be wrong.

The point of my question is how do you so strongly argue that certain good things that are done are huws decisions and the bad ones are not, was interested to see was this based on articles or if you know people in the club(not having a dig, genuine statement) or just simply your opinion.

There are things that are obvious like Bradley & the and the siggy saga seems very much like Americans choice, but other things that you have blamed on others aren't so obvious like for an example who was in charge of recruitment after laudrup and before Americans.

I've not made any particular comment on blame for that period, more so how it worked. Jenkins can certainly hold his hands up to mistakes during this period, I've never said anything different.

But he's never been the one scouting players, he's just a part of the process, that's the big point I've made there.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 12:49 - Aug 22 with 2109 viewsTheResurrection

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 12:33 - Aug 22 by Uxbridge

If we're giving Jenkins credit for Potter, and he was clearly involved in the process (although not even remotely 100% in control of it), then he had to take the hit for Clement, Guidolin and Monk. Even Bradley to a point, even if just acquiescence.

I agreed with what he said about there needing to be a reset in approach this summer, and Potter and his team are clearly that. Thing is there's no reason why that couldn't have happened in past summers. In fact, it's what many of us called for.

Jenkins deserves a lot of credit for a lot of the decisions he made in the past, particularly some inspired managerial appointments. If you're giving credit for that, then you also have to look at the decisions from 2014 onwards which look less than stellar, both in terms of management appointments and structure. The water is muddier now as his influence is not what it was pre 2016.

if you're being dispassionate about all this, ignore everything around the sale etc, then both sides of the argument have merit. It's understandable to hope that the person who appointed Martinez and Rodgers could pull another rabbit out of the hat. It's also understandable those who think his more recent decisions show he can't. Pays your money, takes your choice, and we'll all have our view on that. It's not always easy to be dispassionate either, and it's not without merit either to say that's a valid factor, but you have to be sometimes.

There's a strong argument for the merits of Clement and Guidolin though, so if that's the major issue against Jenkins it's quite a weak argument.

Plus, everything was so different in the EPL. So, so much harder.

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 12:49 - Aug 22 with 2108 viewsJoshTheJack

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 12:40 - Aug 22 by TheResurrection

Well the only way to have done that, improve our financial situation, would've been to completely sell out, Trust and all, and then we'd have no percentage ownership from the Trust and no local ownership whatsoever.

It would be 100% owned and managed by foreigners. What we have now isn't great but it's also not the worst thing that could've happened either.

I agree it could have been worse but they didn't need to sell, A decent commercial director and someone to help Jenkins on the football side.Add stadium expansion to that,Although we wouldn't have reaped the reward financially for a couple of years.They were greedy and it's bitten them on the arse big time.Do you think him and Pearlman have taken a wage cut?
Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 12:50 - Aug 22 with 2102 viewsTheResurrection

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 12:42 - Aug 22 by Landore_Jack

Quotes from Jenkins on appointing Bob Bradley

"He has a wealth of experience on the international and domestic front. He will provide us with strong leadership qualities and a renewed belief to compete at this level."

"We are looking at a long-term appointment and we are confident Bob can stabilise matters on and off the pitch."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3819512/Bob-Bradley-appointed-

Yeah, embarrassing for him because he was no way involved in that one

And if you're trying to make an argument he was then more fool you.

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 12:51 - Aug 22 with 2094 viewsTheResurrection

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 12:49 - Aug 22 by JoshTheJack

I agree it could have been worse but they didn't need to sell, A decent commercial director and someone to help Jenkins on the football side.Add stadium expansion to that,Although we wouldn't have reaped the reward financially for a couple of years.They were greedy and it's bitten them on the arse big time.Do you think him and Pearlman have taken a wage cut?

They didn't have to but they wanted to. They had what they felt was a one off chance to be rich.

Like E20 said, anyone says they wouldn't have done it would be liars.

Login to get fewer ads

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 12:54 - Aug 22 with 2082 viewswaynekerr55

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 12:51 - Aug 22 by TheResurrection

They didn't have to but they wanted to. They had what they felt was a one off chance to be rich.

This is true, it was the manner they did it that sticks in the craw

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 12:57 - Aug 22 with 2065 viewsUxbridge

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 12:49 - Aug 22 by TheResurrection

There's a strong argument for the merits of Clement and Guidolin though, so if that's the major issue against Jenkins it's quite a weak argument.

Plus, everything was so different in the EPL. So, so much harder.

Both looked fine in theory, I agree. Both took us further away from what we were trying to get to though. Potter's trying to bring about quite a radical reboot from what we've "enjoyed" in recent years, and that tells the story of how far we lost our way. And he oversaw that.

You're right, PL isn't easy. Would never argue otherwise. He did well for a while, and then he didn't. I get what you're saying anyway, even if my view is a little different.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 12:59 - Aug 22 with 2053 viewsJoshTheJack

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 12:51 - Aug 22 by TheResurrection

They were already rich though!.If they cared they would have 100% made sure they were selling to the right people.If they felt 1% of doubt they should have called it off.Excluding the trust speaks volumes.The fact that he didn't resign after nearly 4 years of irreversible mistakes tells me all i need to know.
Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 13:26 - Aug 22 with 2002 viewsswan65split

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 12:54 - Aug 22 by waynekerr55

This is true, it was the manner they did it that sticks in the craw

You cant argue with that , lower than a snakes belly! and still raking in over 500k .
His legacy for life , overturns anything done before .
Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 13:30 - Aug 22 with 1993 viewsDarran

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 12:50 - Aug 22 by TheResurrection

So Jenkins interviewed Bob but wasn’t involved in it?

lol another classic.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 14:37 - Aug 22 with 1916 viewsTheResurrection

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 12:59 - Aug 22 by JoshTheJack

They were already rich though!.If they cared they would have 100% made sure they were selling to the right people.If they felt 1% of doubt they should have called it off.Excluding the trust speaks volumes.The fact that he didn't resign after nearly 4 years of irreversible mistakes tells me all i need to know.

And what you know is not a lot.

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 14:41 - Aug 22 with 1904 viewsbonymine

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 12:50 - Aug 22 by TheResurrection

Ok Chris so file with ;

1 No Sale unless Consensus reached ;
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11731/9724954/swansea-chairman-huw-jenkin

2 Excluding the Trust from the negotiations/Sale

3 Existence Of a valid Shareholders Agreement ?

4 Fake Board Minutes re Penney & Keefe ;
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/former-swansea-city-directors-clai

5 Jenkins ‘My position untenable if we get relegated from PL’
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5222081/Swansea-chairman-Huw-J

So it would appear that ‘Honest Huw’ has a bit of a track record when it comes to being ‘economical with the truth’ shall we say ?

Wake up and smell the coffee FFS and book yourself into Sancta Maria to surgically get your tongue removed from Huw’s arse....

You Greedy B@stards Get Out Of OUR Club.

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 14:48 - Aug 22 with 1886 viewsswan65split

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 13:30 - Aug 22 by Darran

So Jenkins interviewed Bob but wasn’t involved in it?

lol another classic.

Its a case of ..."its my ball. i make the rules, you cant play"
Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 15:07 - Aug 22 with 1850 viewsJoshTheJack

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 14:37 - Aug 22 by TheResurrection

And what you know is not a lot.

Lol no awnser to my post then?still no awnser on whether you think Pearlman and Jenkins have taken a wage cut either.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 15:08]
Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 15:40 - Aug 22 with 1812 viewsFlashberryjack

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 11:36 - Aug 22 by E20Jack

It’s never been about putting money into the club. We should never want that as fans. Why do someone people still long for this? They put money in, it means we are in debt.

The sale (as well as understandably done for personal gain) was about the fact that we had peaked. If we wanted to continue to grow we had to grow our revenue streams, something Dineen and co failed to do and knew they couldn’t. The Americans secured the stadium deal, which is valuable if we remained there and were working on increased marketing revenues.

Anyone who says they wouldn’t have sold is a liar. They may well have gone about it better, but the sale would have still happened whether it was this group of people or another. Thabkfully Jenkins is still able to control some of the footballing decisions for us as God forbid where we would be if it were down the the mob that thought Bradley was a good idea.

Every single thing you are all wetting yourselves over this season is here because of Jenkins, whether that is directly (players, academy and manager) or indirectly (through the personnel he sourced and hired). Let’s not pretend otherwise.

"The Americans secured the stadium deal"

Yes they did, but I wish someone would explain why we would saddle ourselves with a £300,000 PA rental on a stadium, when previously we were paying the council a peppercorn rent (if my information is correct) and especially at a time when our premiere league status was looking very precarious.

That doesn't sound like a good bit of business to me, but I'm sure someone can explain the reasons why.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 15:59 - Aug 22 with 1786 viewsDr_Winston

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 15:40 - Aug 22 by Flashberryjack

"The Americans secured the stadium deal"

Yes they did, but I wish someone would explain why we would saddle ourselves with a £300,000 PA rental on a stadium, when previously we were paying the council a peppercorn rent (if my information is correct) and especially at a time when our premiere league status was looking very precarious.

That doesn't sound like a good bit of business to me, but I'm sure someone can explain the reasons why.

Because in return we get full control over income streams such as concessions, sponsorship, events and such. Such control increases the value of the asset.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 16:19 - Aug 22 with 1759 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 11:18 - Aug 22 by JoshTheJack

We went backwards financially when the Americans took over,They haven't and will not put money into the club,They're running a tighter ship than Jenkins and co.Not doing even a small expansion on the Lib shows how ambtious they were(Jenkins and co).They sold for personal gain and didn't give a shit about the outcome,Whilst still holding thier perks fecking abysmal behaviour for so called fans,They weren't short for money personally either.

Well can't argue with any of that.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 16:21 - Aug 22 with 1756 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 14:41 - Aug 22 by bonymine

Ok Chris so file with ;

1 No Sale unless Consensus reached ;
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11731/9724954/swansea-chairman-huw-jenkin

2 Excluding the Trust from the negotiations/Sale

3 Existence Of a valid Shareholders Agreement ?

4 Fake Board Minutes re Penney & Keefe ;
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/former-swansea-city-directors-clai

5 Jenkins ‘My position untenable if we get relegated from PL’
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5222081/Swansea-chairman-Huw-J

So it would appear that ‘Honest Huw’ has a bit of a track record when it comes to being ‘economical with the truth’ shall we say ?

Wake up and smell the coffee FFS and book yourself into Sancta Maria to surgically get your tongue removed from Huw’s arse....

You Greedy B@stards Get Out Of OUR Club.

I notice no response.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 16:40 - Aug 22 with 1740 viewsSmellyplumz

Jenkins untrustworthy liar which has been proved in court. Morally bankrupt embarrassment. A traitor and a rat of a man.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 03:53 - Aug 23 with 1592 viewsE20Jack

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 12:23 - Aug 22 by JoshTheJack

Some of those players are only playing because we've dropped down a division hardly the next level that we heard so often.

To give Jenkins credit for youngsters coming through is laughable they wouldn't be playing if we were still in the Prem.

The prem money and status helped the academy no end it put us miles ahead of anyone in Wales. all thats gone now
.If Potter gets us promoted and thats a big if .it will have nothing to do with Jenkins/Americans.if you watch some of Potters press conferences he was clearly lied too,They've done the bare minimum.

Heard so often? How many times did you hear that? My guess is once, which was in relation to the financial standing of the club and the way it can become self sufficient. You probably feel you heard it more as our fans ever since have been repeating it like some sort of mantra completely misunderstanding the meaning of what was being said.

I don't understand what your point regarding the youth players coming through is. 3 of those 4 mentioned played at Premier League level.

The Prem money certainly did improve the academy, but they don't just gift it money. It has to be redirected there by Jenkins and the money men. They decided to invest in the academy as some sort of insurance policy against relegation and we are reaping the rewards.

To say if we get promoted it will be nothing to do with Jenkins is ridiculous. By that notion neither was relegation. This criticism is too one sided for my money, which of course by default makes it inaccurate and essentially.. pointless.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 03:55 - Aug 23 with 1589 viewsE20Jack

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 12:33 - Aug 22 by Uxbridge

Clement, Guidolin and Monk all did the jobs they were employed for. I will happily give him credit for those. The first two saved us from relegation against all odds and the latter gave us our highest ever Premier League finish. i don't think even the most one eyed Jenkins haters would attempt to lay Bob Bradley at his door.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 04:57 - Aug 23 with 1575 viewsLoyal

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 16:40 - Aug 22 by Smellyplumz

Jenkins untrustworthy liar which has been proved in court. Morally bankrupt embarrassment. A traitor and a rat of a man.

You can't say that without including his bad points as well, a fair balance at all times.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024