Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Recruitment staff handed their P45’s 12:17 - Jun 28 with 11438 viewsYossarian

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44642682

About time!

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 21:33 - Jun 28 with 2172 viewsjack247

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 21:28 - Jun 28 by Shaky

For sure it will have.

But business in general and the business of generating high financial returns specifically is all about risks and managing them.

With perfect hindsight 16/17 was a successful season financially, and the following got off to a flyer with Gylfi (and Llorente) leaving for a staggering sum of money.

At that time the only fly in the ointment was that Clucas looked too expensive and Mesa was iffty, but then Jenkins goes out and spends close to £35 million on Bony and Ayew for a gross return of a couple of premier league goals between them in 1.5 man seasons.

Disastrous.

A disastrous on field season (relegation) leads to a disastrous off field season. They would surely have scrutinised that, regardless of any Gylfi profits.

The only conclusion I can draw is they genuinely don’t feel able to recruit anyone better to run the football side of the club. Which is a massive worry.
Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 21:34 - Jun 28 with 2170 viewsSwanseajill

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 19:59 - Jun 28 by jasper_T

Probably can't afford to.

I'm sure I didn't dream this.
At a Q&A Trust meeting when the fans were calling for HJ's P45 the Americans said he was staying and has a 3year contract.
Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 21:34 - Jun 28 with 2170 viewsKilkennyjack

great news.

Poetic for them all to be going at the same time as their beloved Kenji.

Back the local boys like roberts, forget the likes of Donnelly, Gore, and Grimes.
Its all failed badly - and as for the laughable Falkirk connection, then wtf ... i have no words.

Beware of the Risen People

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 21:58 - Jun 28 with 2120 viewsicecoldjack

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 21:34 - Jun 28 by Kilkennyjack

great news.

Poetic for them all to be going at the same time as their beloved Kenji.

Back the local boys like roberts, forget the likes of Donnelly, Gore, and Grimes.
Its all failed badly - and as for the laughable Falkirk connection, then wtf ... i have no words.

Agree. It all smacks of yet more deflection though i must say. Huw was a part of this set up as DOF so he should also be sent packing, at least in that role.
Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 22:04 - Jun 28 with 2109 viewsBadlands

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 17:23 - Jun 28 by Jackofdreambeach

Too late again. Snail's pace transfer activity with Kaplan, Pearlman, Jenkins firmly under spotlight.

Boro, Stoke, Forest all prepared to pay 5 to 12 million on a player.

Many clubs strengthening already.Time to back the manager with serious funds.

While they're at it they can give the outside of Liberty stadium a deep pressure wash clean.

A few clubs have spent some money but few can be described as strengthening.
I see Forest paid £13.5 million for a player recently rated as £2.5 - 3 million.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 05:15 - Jun 29 with 1981 viewsLoyal

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 18:29 - Jun 28 by Gowerjack

Do you really think he isn't controlling the transfers?

Is anyone that naive?

As i said earlier.
This.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 09:55 - Jun 29 with 1892 viewsSmellyplumz

The yanks still think Huw can do no wrong and they are utterly convinced that we will return to the Premier at the first time of asking. All very worrying.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 10:18 - Jun 29 with 1868 viewsKGriz16

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 09:55 - Jun 29 by Smellyplumz

The yanks still think Huw can do no wrong and they are utterly convinced that we will return to the Premier at the first time of asking. All very worrying.

Where have you seen this? What have you heard? Can you prove anything you've actually said?
From what I've heard, Huw is on a committee simply to set transfer/wage budgets to let Potter and Mcauly do their business within the realms of the club. Huw is going to take a background running of the club and will report directly to Americans with regards to running of the clubs finances etc. He's basically doing the business side of the club whilst the Americans are doing whatever they do on a daily basis. He's no longer involved in footballing side apart from setting budgets. I'm not HJ's biggest fan, but there are changes happening, and sometimes it is better the devil you know. Technical director to be appointed to over sea footballing side of club, whilst HJ handles the business side.

As with your point to the Americans and promotion. They do think it's achievable this season, and from what I've also heard, they're going to go for it with regards to spending big etc. Make of that what you will.
Login to get fewer ads

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 12:20 - Jun 29 with 1793 viewsShaky

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 10:18 - Jun 29 by KGriz16

Where have you seen this? What have you heard? Can you prove anything you've actually said?
From what I've heard, Huw is on a committee simply to set transfer/wage budgets to let Potter and Mcauly do their business within the realms of the club. Huw is going to take a background running of the club and will report directly to Americans with regards to running of the clubs finances etc. He's basically doing the business side of the club whilst the Americans are doing whatever they do on a daily basis. He's no longer involved in footballing side apart from setting budgets. I'm not HJ's biggest fan, but there are changes happening, and sometimes it is better the devil you know. Technical director to be appointed to over sea footballing side of club, whilst HJ handles the business side.

As with your point to the Americans and promotion. They do think it's achievable this season, and from what I've also heard, they're going to go for it with regards to spending big etc. Make of that what you will.

Hollywood or Bust it is then!

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 12:43 - Jun 29 with 1773 viewscwm02

This is good news! However we have been selling players more than buying them. This has been frustrating! We are going about the transfer window in a very slow manner that will cost another season. If transfer are not made within August we are doomed.

Hopefully Potter can get some great players for bargain prices like he did at Ostersunds and like Swansea did before.

Also didn't Jenkins say he was going to leave at the end of the season, what happened to that?
Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 12:46 - Jun 29 with 1768 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 12:23 - Jun 28 by Flashberryjack

About 2 years to late.

Yes, Brilliant Huw has been sacked yes ???
Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 12:49 - Jun 29 with 1756 viewsShaky

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 12:43 - Jun 29 by cwm02

This is good news! However we have been selling players more than buying them. This has been frustrating! We are going about the transfer window in a very slow manner that will cost another season. If transfer are not made within August we are doomed.

Hopefully Potter can get some great players for bargain prices like he did at Ostersunds and like Swansea did before.

Also didn't Jenkins say he was going to leave at the end of the season, what happened to that?

"If transfer are not made within August we are doomed."

Are you a native Russian speaker by any chance?

Misology -- It's a bitch

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 12:51 - Jun 29 with 1751 viewscwm02

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 12:49 - Jun 29 by Shaky

"If transfer are not made within August we are doomed."

Are you a native Russian speaker by any chance?

No, I don't know what your on about. We got time anyways
[Post edited 29 Jun 2018 12:52]
Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 12:55 - Jun 29 with 1737 viewsShaky

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 12:51 - Jun 29 by cwm02

Just speculating on how you came up with such a strange sentence construction. Not any regional variation i can make out, which seems a little odd for such a strident Brexiter as yourself.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2018 12:58]

Misology -- It's a bitch

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 12:56 - Jun 29 with 1737 viewsShaky

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 12:51 - Jun 29 by cwm02

edit -- double post deleted

Misology -- It's a bitch

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 13:15 - Jun 29 with 1708 viewscwm02

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 12:55 - Jun 29 by Shaky

Just speculating on how you came up with such a strange sentence construction. Not any regional variation i can make out, which seems a little odd for such a strident Brexiter as yourself.

What has Brexit got to do with this? How was the sentence constructed "strangely?" We can't even agree on this even though I agree with you? As I said we still have time to make transfers
[Post edited 29 Jun 2018 13:16]
Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 13:19 - Jun 29 with 1696 viewsFlashberryjack

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 13:15 - Jun 29 by cwm02

What has Brexit got to do with this? How was the sentence constructed "strangely?" We can't even agree on this even though I agree with you? As I said we still have time to make transfers
[Post edited 29 Jun 2018 13:16]

Brexit is to blame for everything, f*ck me! we'd still be in the PL if those f*ckwits hadn't voted out.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 13:21 - Jun 29 with 1694 viewscwm02

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 13:19 - Jun 29 by Flashberryjack

Brexit is to blame for everything, f*ck me! we'd still be in the PL if those f*ckwits hadn't voted out.

The thing is I agree with him about the Swansea recruitment and then he says I'm a Brexiteer.
Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 13:29 - Jun 29 with 1682 viewsAnotherJohn

The only one who is perhaps a bit unlucky is Tremmel. A scout in the German leagues at modest cost made sense. His main find, Bender, looks promising.
Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 18:12 - Jun 29 with 1605 viewswaynekerr55

So he's now finance officer then?

That ended well with Casey's too...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 18:49 - Jun 29 with 1578 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 12:23 - Jun 28 by Flashberryjack

About 2 years to late.

Now just before the season starts, what the feck are they doing !!!!!

Why not well before the end of the season to get someone decent ???

Huw and has gang have failed and they have mismanaged this vital window, we are right in the shit!!!!!!!!!
[Post edited 29 Jun 2018 18:50]
Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 19:00 - Jun 29 with 1565 viewsjasper_T

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 18:49 - Jun 29 by AlfieMooresSon

Now just before the season starts, what the feck are they doing !!!!!

Why not well before the end of the season to get someone decent ???

Huw and has gang have failed and they have mismanaged this vital window, we are right in the shit!!!!!!!!!
[Post edited 29 Jun 2018 18:50]

It's still only June, mate.
Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 19:03 - Jun 29 with 1563 viewsjacksfullaces

spending big eh?

proof will be when they actually do - I have no reason to believe they will and that is based on previous transfer windows.

why would they spend big now? It's harder to get in the premier league than staying in it.

and presumably if they had any intention to to something out of character that might have started by keeping our better players for a seasons tilt at the championship (like Newcastle did a couple of years back)

so saying what you have heard, or maybe what you hope is not based on any of the behaviour we have seen since they arrived.

and as has been said countless times, they would not spend anything, just take out against bigger debts, even if they were to go down that unlikely avenue.
Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 19:06 - Jun 29 with 1562 viewsjasper_T

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 19:03 - Jun 29 by jacksfullaces

spending big eh?

proof will be when they actually do - I have no reason to believe they will and that is based on previous transfer windows.

why would they spend big now? It's harder to get in the premier league than staying in it.

and presumably if they had any intention to to something out of character that might have started by keeping our better players for a seasons tilt at the championship (like Newcastle did a couple of years back)

so saying what you have heard, or maybe what you hope is not based on any of the behaviour we have seen since they arrived.

and as has been said countless times, they would not spend anything, just take out against bigger debts, even if they were to go down that unlikely avenue.

They spent around £70m last season. It only didn't seem like a lot because most of it couldn't get on the pitch.

Newcastle lost £90m in a year rolling the dice on promotion (despite selling Sissoko and Wijnaldum for big bucks). If we were to do that and fail the club would be fcked.
Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 20:05 - Jun 29 with 1541 viewsjacksfullaces

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 19:06 - Jun 29 by jasper_T

They spent around £70m last season. It only didn't seem like a lot because most of it couldn't get on the pitch.

Newcastle lost £90m in a year rolling the dice on promotion (despite selling Sissoko and Wijnaldum for big bucks). If we were to do that and fail the club would be fcked.

not saying we should spend big BTW, just saying it won't happen. and concur with your point on Newcastle.

my frustrations consistently with the t%%%S that got us in this situation through a litany of errors including the misspend you mention below.

can we get danny dyer to call out jenkins on national TV. TW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>T
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024