Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fabianski ? 21:16 - Sep 8 with 9248 viewsLoyal

Best I've seen in 33 years of supporting the swans. Ok, Rog was excellent but never in the premier league ( for us ) Or old div 1.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Fabianski ? on 02:23 - Sep 9 with 4289 viewsUplandsJack

Well I'm not his biggest fan to be honest.
Far too quiet for me. As a keeper you need to be talking constantly with your back four and you just don't get that with Fabianski. He is ridiculously quiet. When I was coached by Oggy as a youngster he always banged on about talking and commanding your box, You just don't see it with Fabianski.
Also as others have stated he is, let's say, a bit dodgy with the ball at his feet.

Finally, as I have stated on here a couple of times previous, I could never understand Jenkins reasoning for bringing in that useless tw@t Roberts to the club, once Arsenal binned him for Cechs own goalkeeping coach.
He never rated Fabianski, hence why he hardly played while at arsenal.
In Fabianski's first season here, he worked with the Spanish goalkeeping coach Javier García and in fairness he improved and was bordering on being/becoming world class. Sadly Garbía returns to Spain after just one season and then of course Roberts comes in and Fabianski drops at least 2 levels....

GET RID OF ROBERTS is the answer.... The guy is an utter sh!t coach, from what I've heard and seen and so far up his own arse it's unreal.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2017 2:24]
Fabianski ? on 02:33 - Sep 9 with 4271 viewsHumpty

Fabianski ? on 02:06 - Sep 9 by DJack

You slut!

Top goalie. And only the same size as Leon.
Fabianski ? on 06:24 - Sep 9 with 4243 viewsAnotherJohn

Fabs is better in the air than Vorm was, even in the latter's first season when his shot stopping was among the best in the division.
Fabianski ? on 07:25 - Sep 9 with 4224 viewscanhecatchit

Jeff Crudgington wasn't too bad a Keeper, but for me, it was Dai Stuwart, followed closely by Keith Barber.
Michael Hughes was a good keeper sadly his playing career cut short, who knows how good he may have become

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

Fabianski ? on 08:25 - Sep 9 with 4181 viewsswancity

Fabianski ? on 21:23 - Sep 8 by Dr_Winston

He's a good keeper, although he's struggled to reach the heights he did in his first season.

Freestone's distribution would have probably let him down in the modern era, but as a shot stopper and a keeper in total command of his penalty area we've had none better.

Freestone was a very good lower league keeper Jobs, his kicking especially and distribution in general was poor and he lacked the agility required to reach the top. Good keeper of course but we've had at least a dozen better than him. As for command of his area, not bad but not the best under high balls into the box for a big guy.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Fabianski ? on 08:51 - Sep 9 with 4157 viewsKennedy

GK's need a well organized back 4 to help protect him.

We need not have that last season until around late Jan time.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2017 8:52]

Just call me JFK

Fabianski ? on 11:08 - Sep 9 with 4108 viewsicecoldjack

Vorm up until his injury was the best I've seen, fabianski is good so was Roger and Doris but for me Vorm was a step above, his first season here was the first time I've seen a keeper that was favourite when we conceded a penalty !
Fabianski ? on 11:26 - Sep 9 with 4099 viewssherpajacob

Rhys wilmott on loan made unbelievable save after unbelievable save.

Roger will always be my no.1

Fabby is more than competent, I'm happy with him, and he seems to be playing better under clement.

On the subject of GK's a special word for Wayne Hennessey and a vital save at a vital time last week. Surprised Adrian Durham hasn't asked whether he's england eligible as he's better than anything they've got.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Login to get fewer ads

Fabianski ? on 12:00 - Sep 9 with 4079 viewsairedale

Tatey for me.
Fabianski ? on 12:31 - Sep 9 with 4055 viewslondonlisa2001

Can't believe no one has mentioned Glan.

Provider of huge amounts of entertainment. Still remember him kicking out from his hands with a forward lurking, missing the ball and the forward tapping the ball into the empty net. Can't remember what team we were playing though.
Fabianski ? on 13:04 - Sep 9 with 4032 viewsWarwickHunt

Fabianski ? on 12:31 - Sep 9 by londonlisa2001

Provider of huge amounts of entertainment. Still remember him kicking out from his hands with a forward lurking, missing the ball and the forward tapping the ball into the empty net. Can't remember what team we were playing though.

Derek Bellotti...
Fabianski ? on 17:18 - Sep 9 with 3969 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Fabianski ? on 22:32 - Sep 8 by jacktar

Probably the only 2 keepers you've seen "at our club"

The others were with us whilst we were playing in Leagues 2, 1 and The Championship. Of course none of those would come close to the ability of Vorm and Fabianski.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Fabianski ? on 17:29 - Sep 9 with 3968 viewscostalotta

Yeah Glan took over from Geoff C. I don't remember that being much of an improvement to be honest. I think he was around and played our first season back in division 2 (championship)?

Was thankfully replaced by Dave Stewart who was the first keeper I remember was those low tragectory kicks from his hands. An excellent keeper for us in our promotion year and unlucky to be overlooked and replaced by Dai "the drop" Davies.

Anyone remember someone running on the pitch and giving him (Dai) a set of massive card board cut hands? I think we were playing Wolves in the old first division. Testing my memory know but I think it was a nil nil draw and Dai more than earnt his wages.

Great times until it all went wrong.
Fabianski ? on 21:31 - Sep 9 with 3921 viewschangingman

Notts County....lost it 1-0 in the last few minutes after Glan dropped the ball at the feet of the Notts striker!
Fabianski ? on 21:35 - Sep 9 with 3919 viewsjasper_T

Fabianski under Javier Garcia was world class.
Fabianski ? on 22:18 - Sep 9 with 3909 viewsJohnw102

Alan Tate 100% clean sheet record.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Fabianski ? on 22:43 - Sep 9 with 3892 viewsSwanski

Yes has been a great servant for the club. Vorm was excellent in his first season and I'd give him the nod though. I hate seeing talented players going to waste on the bench and I hope he gets his chance to show everyone what we saw before it's too late.
Fabianski ? on 23:08 - Sep 9 with 3875 viewsJackflack

Chelsea rings a bell

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

Fabianski ? on 23:11 - Sep 9 with 3869 viewsJackflack

Fabianski edges it for me.
However Fabs must the worst I've seen at penalty kicks.

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

Fabianski ? on 23:15 - Sep 9 with 3863 viewsmacthejack

Fabianski ? on 11:26 - Sep 9 by sherpajacob

Rhys wilmott on loan made unbelievable save after unbelievable save.

Roger will always be my no.1

Fabby is more than competent, I'm happy with him, and he seems to be playing better under clement.

On the subject of GK's a special word for Wayne Hennessey and a vital save at a vital time last week. Surprised Adrian Durham hasn't asked whether he's england eligible as he's better than anything they've got.

Hennessey? That has to be a joke? He's the worst keeper in the league and most certainly worse than Pickford, Butland, Foster and even the woeful Joe Hart!
Fabianski ? on 23:20 - Sep 9 with 3854 viewsdobjack2

Fabianski ? on 13:04 - Sep 9 by WarwickHunt

Derek Bellotti...

Now you're talking.

It was obviously a long time ago, but my memory is of him going to take a cross/corner and the ball hitting him in the face.
Fabianski ? on 00:49 - Sep 10 with 3831 viewstheloneranger

Fabianski ? on 23:20 - Sep 9 by dobjack2

Now you're talking.

It was obviously a long time ago, but my memory is of him going to take a cross/corner and the ball hitting him in the face.

Peter Guthrie

Keith Barber

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Fabianski ? on 06:32 - Sep 10 with 3809 viewsjackportis

I always thought Dai Davies was handy. Good for Wales aswell.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Fabianski ? on 08:20 - Sep 10 with 3791 viewsLoyal

Fabianski ? on 17:18 - Sep 9 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

The others were with us whilst we were playing in Leagues 2, 1 and The Championship. Of course none of those would come close to the ability of Vorm and Fabianski.

I'm not sure keeping ability is different at certain levels, equally as competent keepers in the championship as the premier league. Yes differing standards, but clearly there are better keepers in league 1 than the premier league as well.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Fabianski ? on 09:53 - Sep 10 with 3754 viewstheloneranger

Steve Potter

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024